You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a new year..a new game...CASH...still playing

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £357.75)):
    HEy Dev, Nice playing against you earlier! Nice run at the 10nl table :D Some good advice from calc. Sometimes i think we over think things, and put undue pressure on ourselves. Whatever you decide for yourself will be right for you. Would it maybe be a good idea to have a stop loss? Eg Set yourself a limit, if you loss x amount, say 2 bi's it is time to stop and have a break? Maybe leave it for the night? Welcome back to Cash, and run good!
    Posted by LARSON7
    yes,good fun last night mate,and obviously winning back my earlier losses from nl4 was good.
    that's a good point,

and I stand and fall by my decisions.
    yes, I could give myself a 2 or 3 buy-in stop level I guess,which isn't a bad idea.
    but,and this is the thing,i don't like losing a session,so im always tempted to carry on playing and try to win it back,there and then,and it was the same when I was playing dym's.

maybe I will have to bring this into my cash game.
    old habits die hard come to mind.  lol

'just another old business card I need to make a note on'
    soon going to need a bigger desk.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Hey devonfish you were at one my tables yesterday when i had a 10nl session, i reckon you should just plough through with trying to beat 10nl now as it seems as though motivation for 10nl and dyms is just not there, just don't try to play too many tables, you definetly seem to have a solid game so it doesn't make sense to me that you would have regular big losing sessions, i think 357 broll is more than enough to 2-3 table regularly and just stick with it as others have said just set a stop loss of like 10 buy ins. Probably see you at the tables a bit more often now if you do stick to 10nl good luck.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £357.75)):
    Hey devonfish you were at one my tables yesterday when i had a 10nl session, i reckon you should just plough through with trying to beat 10nl now as it seems as though motivation for 10nl and dyms is just not there, just don't try to play too many tables, you definetly seem to have a solid game so it doesn't make sense to me that you would have regular big losing sessions, i think 357 broll is more than enough to 2-3 table regularly and just stick with it as others have said just set a stop loss of like 10 buy ins. Probably see you at the tables a bit more often now if you do stick to 10nl good luck.
    Posted by benc
    ty benc,

yes,i'm going to give myself a 2 buy-in stop loss for each session from now on.
    (so ty to larson7 for that idea)

I've already written off this year as far as any profits might go,lol. as I've said before.
    i'm happy with my progress being made so far.yes it's not showing in my results thus far,but i'm not overly concerned about that,as I know that side of it will come when the time is right.
    that could be tonight next week next month,who knows,but i'm confident that it will come.
    last night changing from nl4 when I was losing, to nl10 and finding a win,was my 1st step back on the right road,i feel.
    yes it's easy to say that now after winning of course.had I lost i'm sure things would seem different today.
    I've always taken my poker one day at a time and that will continue forever.
    my instincts are telling me to carry on and and to play nl10 also,so that is what I will do.

and yes benc you can be sure to find me at a nl10 table later.(only 1 mind you for the moment),so if you're looking for some 'easy money'...come and find me.
    !!!  lol

gl mate
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    It all sounds good Dev.

You are looking at it the right way. Good luck to you.

It takes a lot of courage to come back for round two. And for sure you will give it your best and no doubt suceed.

Good luck
  • edited May 2013
    Btw Dev just incase you didnt realise, i meant motivation for dym and nl4 is not there not nl10 that would make no sense lol, i normally play the two mastercash and 1 normal so may end up on your table every so often but definetly wont be seeking you out, much easier money elsewhere. Good luck and don't let a losing session send you off track just play lots of sessions try not to think too much about profit/loss, just focus on  whether your making the right decisions and i'm sure you will be at 500 soon enough.
  • edited May 2013
    It all sounds good Dev. You are looking at it the right way. Good luck to you. It takes a lot of courage to come back for round two. And for sure you will give it your best and no doubt suceed. Good luck
    Posted by LARSON7
    ty mate,

long way to go but will do my best

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Btw Dev just incase you didnt realise, i meant motivation for dym and nl4 is not there not nl10 that would make no sense lol, i normally play the two mastercash and 1 normal so may end up on your table every so often but definetly wont be seeking you out, much easier money elsewhere. Good luck and don't let a losing session send you off track just play lots of sessions try not to think too much about profit/loss, just focus on  whether your making the right decisions and i'm sure you will be at 500 soon enough.
    Posted by benc
    ty benc,

yes I made sense of what you said,so no worries.
    had a go on a mastercash table myself last week,came out ok in the end,but a little scary for me atm.  lol
    best wishes mate,
    dev
  • edited May 2013

I know, did you see that hand in the poker clinic where i had the nut flush?

lol i played it so passive cause i had 200plus bb

Bad i know

• edited May 2013
    I know, did you see that hand in the poker clinic where i had the nut flush? lol i played it so passive cause i had 200plus bb Bad i know
    Posted by LARSON7
    I did see it mate,
    yeah,play it better next time.
    it's all about correcting mistakes...
    I should know.  lol

dev
  • edited May 2013

Nah i played it ok given we were so deep, that affected the whole hand.

If it was a normal table, and ive been going 2 get it all in.

• edited May 2013
    Nah i played it ok given we were so deep, that affected the whole hand. If it was a normal table, and ive been going 2 get it all in.
    Posted by LARSON7
    1st you said you played it passive and bad
    now you're saying you played it ok because you were 200 bb deep?

just had a good look through the hand.
    don't see why playing 200 bb changes anything.
    if you thought you were ahead and would have got it in playing 100 bb's
    then you should be wanting to get it in even more with 200 bb's to be won.

if 200 bb's is stopping you from going all-in then it's possibly to big a game for your b/roll imo.
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    I predict devonfish will be 500 quid up by the end of the year on over 1000.
  • edited May 2013
    Friday  10/5/13

won £6.54

b/roll £364.29

c4p  1337

1x nl10

started off losing a big...ish hand with 88 on 67x flop 8 x opponent had 9 10.  lol the usual atm.
    anyway,didn't panic,kept cool deep breaths and all that.
    kept it tight and came good in the end.
    only played for about an hour after y'days marathon.

didn't post up my DYM result from last week so here it is;

won £26.70 from 4 days play             (played 8 sessions in total);  w 6 11.70  18.45  00.30  
                                                                                                         15.95  00.85  7.05
    won £100 for finishing 7th in promo                                            L 2  23.55  4.05

so £126.70 profit

taking that off my b/roll leaves a loss of £94.23 from playing cash this year
    but if included then it gives me a profit of £32.47 overall this year.  lol

anyway,happy with a small win tonight. I could have won a lot more but i'm not complaing,as it's all 'swings 'n' roundabouts I guess.
    as I always say 'a W is a W'

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    I predict devonfish will be 500 quid up by the end of the year on over 1000.
    Posted by meadowskil
    lol

thanks mate.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    3 Things Dev 1, great diary 2, that ponytail doesn't suit you, 3, don't go to heavy with the botox..
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £364.29)):
    3 Things Dev 1, great diary 2, that ponytail doesn't suit you, 3, don't go to heavy with the botox..
    Posted by tomo_efc
    lol

ty tomo,

yeah,i'll be going for another new look soon.
    nah,that botox 'aint all it's 'cracked up' to be.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013

Saturday  11/5/13

only came on for an hour at 11.30pm...

it's now 4.18am  lol

anyway,

lost £4.96

b/roll £359.33

c4p 

happy only losing what I did the way the session went.
    lost an allin with AA on a AKX FLOP 10 X of course this loose cannon calling with any old cards had QJ this time.  aaagh

anyway,no worries, there's always tomorrow, I mean later today.
    time for bed,
    sleep tight
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £357.75)) : 1st you said you played it passive and bad now you're saying you played it ok because you were 200 bb deep? just had a good look through the hand. don't see why playing 200 bb changes anything. if you thought you were ahead and would have got it in playing 100 bb's then you should be wanting to get it in even more with 200 bb's to be won. if 200 bb's is stopping you from going all-in then it's possibly to big a game for your b/roll imo. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    It is indeed mate! I only sat down with 100bb so that was fine, then i doubled up.

I was just overly cautious on a paired board. Everytime someone has a full house lol

You are right, i shouldn't have been playing the tv action table.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £357.75)) : It is indeed mate! I only sat down with 100bb so that was fine, then i doubled up. I was just overly cautious on a paired board. Everytime someone has a full house lol You are right, i shouldn't have been playing the tv action table.
    Posted by LARSON7
    fair play mate,
    didn't realise you had started with £10 and doubled up.
    (not sure what peoples thought are on that..starting with £10 on a nl10 mastercash table?)

yeah,i played a mastercash table last week sometime,don't remember why now.
    and it's not as easy to get it allin if you're only holding a good hand and not a great hand,is it?

gl anyway buddy
    dev
    ps;just noticed you said tv action table,is that same or similar to mastercash,i don't know?
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah i meant mastercash lol
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £359.33)):
    Yeah i meant mastercash lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    ah,thought so,wasn't sure
  • edited May 2013
    Sunday  12/5/13

won £20.92

b/roll £380.25

c4p 1383

hooray,a descent run good session,at long last

played 1 x nl10 for about an hour won £15.52 (with good table selection,which worked for a change. lol)
    played 2 x £3 dym's (for a change.  lol) won 2 = £5.40 (both games I went in last of 4 on bubble... larson7  lol)

gives me a night off which is nice.
    back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited May 2013

Monday  13/5/13

1st session (10 mins  b4 tea. lol)  won £2.30 (1 x nl10)

2nd session 4+ hours  won £3.31  (2 x nl10) * what the hell...live a little.

total won £5.61

b/roll £385.86

c4p 1416

happy with how I played for the most part.
    lost an allin with f/house to bigger f/h on river,but at least I was repaid with the AA hand below.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
     £0.05 £0.05 £19.55
    Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

pokelot Fold     
    devonfish5 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £20.58
    kingfish57 Fold     
    DSIron Call  £0.30 £0.75 £11.92
    unlucky Raise  £0.85 £1.60 £18.70
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    devonfish5 Raise  £3.00 £4.60 £17.58
    DSIron Fold     
    unlucky Call  £2.40 £7.00 £16.30
    Flop

unlucky All-in  £16.30 £23.30 £0.00
    devonfish5 Call  £16.30 £39.60 £1.28
    unlucky Show
    • Q
    • Q

devonfish5 Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

devonfish5 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s £38.20  £39.48
    got the old heart going...

the words '1 time' came out.  lol
  • edited May 2013
    Awful play from the QQ guy. NH
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £385.86):
    Awful play from the QQ guy. NH
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    ty m8

(* *)
       ^
    guess that's why he's called 'unlucky'
  • edited May 2013
    +1 to what Arazi said abuot how the QQ was played lol.

Much better 4bet sizing than your older hands. Always nice to get gifted 200xBB :)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £385.86):
    +1 to what Arazi said abuot how the QQ was played lol. Much better 4bet sizing than your older hands. Always nice to get gifted 200xBB :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    ty Paul
    yes mate,it's taken a while..but it's coming...slowly.

yeah,once 'unlucky' re-raises to 85p I know he's strong so I build pot straight away.
    after that it's okily dokily.
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Tuesday

lost £15.99

b/roll £369.87

c4p 1452

2 tables nl10

not a disaster but probably about right.
    lost another allin to river card but maybe could have got away from it?
    i'll post hand below.
    anyway,i'll be back later.
    still enjoying the challenge and that's important atm.
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    another river.
    have I got to be folding these hands?
    as it seems to be a regular occurrence atm.
    AmountPotBalance
    Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £15.93
    PiranhaNo1 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.32
      Your hole cards

devonfish5 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £11.03
    TONKS1 Fold     
    jamesydoc Call  £0.30 £0.75 £8.65
    WiLLington Fold     
    xCall  £0.25 £1.00 £15.68
    PiranhaNo1 Fold     
    Flop

• J