You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a new year..a new game...CASH...still playing

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £351.43):
    Hi Dev, you certainly seem to be playing good stuff when I see you, nice one. although there are 4 or so players (yourself included) I like to avoid at my tables :) You got any aims this month? Also what are you looking for when selecting a 10nl table to join? is it just absence of regs or is there anything else?
    Posted by calcalfold
    ty ccf,

getting there mate.should be now though after 5 months non stop practise.  lol
    just carry on playing nl10 hopefully mate.
    if my b/roll drops to £200 then i'll go and play some more dym's and top it back up again.  lol

yeah,avoiding the regs is the main one for me when table selecting.
    I also look for how many players have stacks of under £10,the more the better,as this tells me they are not topping up which is what most good players would do after losing a hand,as sitting there with the max at all times should be optimal.
    so that's it,in a nutshell.
    gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £351.43):
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £351.43) : Yeah those ones are very annoying, when I shoved I thought its kk. Yeah u played well I was impressed. Yeah abit weird but oh well I need to get my game back on track and wanna play with better brm so 10nl is fine now, plus it's mostly the same regs at 10nl and I'm getting to no there games better every session, u gonna try at the cash promo starting tommorow?
    Posted by robbie1992
    ty Robbie.
    i'm starting to play with no fear now,if you like and if I think I should be making calls or going all-in even if it is with KK fre-flop,and losing,so be it.  lol

yes mate,brm is so important I think anyway,and imo you are doing the right thing in dropping to nl10 .
    i'm sure you'll win and soon be moving back up the levels very soon mate.
    as long as you can keep doing it and playing each level within your b/roll you will ALWAYS be a winning player,no matter what format of poker you/anyone plays.

i'm tempted to play cash promo,but it's risky with my b/roll,and tbh unless you finish top 5 or so,is it really worth the effort?
    so,i'll sign in for it I guess,but i'm not expecting any big payday,lets leave it like that.  lol
    what about yourself?
    gl if you do play it.
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    Totally agree dev.

Lots of stacks in the £5-9 range is that I prefer.

Those pesky £2 or £3 stacks that keep shoving all in with any pair/ace/broadways can get a bit annoying though.

Oh, and I would say 9 tables is a bit woaaah!

My optimum is 2 or 3. Managed 4 last night, but that was at about 1am and was probably playing drunk degens. So was a bit easier.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £336.76):
    Totally agree dev. Lots of stacks in the £5-9 range is that I prefer. Those pesky £2 or £3 stacks that keep shoving all in with any pair/ace/broadways can get a bit annoying though. Oh, and I would say 9 tables is a bit woaaah! My optimum is 2 or 3. Managed 4 last night, but that was at about 1am and was probably playing drunk degens. So was a bit easier.
    Posted by calcalfold
    yeah,£5-£8 is my preferred

my optimum is 2-4 I think.
    9 is ok but it's more about pressing buttons though.
    you do obviously get a lot more premium hands though,so whether that will pay in the long run remains to be seen.
    I know it's better playing 9+ tables for dym's but will it work as well playing cash?
    guess there is an argument both ways on it.

anyway,i'm off...
    dinners ready and i'm starving...roast beef.  yummy.  lol
    gl buddy
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    same calcalfold, havnt reached 4 yet tho :( drunk poker must be fun.....im guessing you wont respect anyones aggression if your drunk tho lol

Dev you could get the top 5 playing the amount of tables you play tho couldn't you? well im going to opt in and try play maybe 6hours days x 2, 8 hours dayx 3, hoping just to get cash because iv never done anything like this before, if it is messing up my b/r I will go back to normal because my b/r is small anyways, gl too .
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £336.76):
    same calcalfold, havnt reached 4 yet tho :( drunk poker must be fun.....im guessing you wont respect anyones aggression if your drunk tho lol Dev you could get the top 5 playing the amount of tables you play tho couldn't you? well im going to opt in and try play maybe 6hours days x 2, 8 hours dayx 3, hoping just to get cash because iv never done anything like this before, if it is messing up my b/r I will go back to normal because my b/r is small anyways, gl too .
    Posted by robbie1992
    yes mate I could probably make top 5 even top 3 if I played 9+ tables every session.
    but It's hard work,and you really have to put the hours in every day for that.
    also tiredness creeps in and you make silly mistakes which are costly,especially at nl10.
    so i'm not going to play any more than I would normally,this time.

gl though if you do play it.
    dev
  • edited June 2013

mon  3/6 13  day off
    tue  4/6/13  day off
    wed  5/6/13  day off

thurs  6/6/13  got withdrawal symptons...

so..deposited $7 (£4.75) into *** account 

won $3.01

playing 2 x 1c/2c

b/roll $10.01

fri 7/6/13  received £18.08 c4p 

b/roll £354.84

sat 8/7/13 

won $4.10 (while watching BGT FINAL on tv)

playing 2 x 1c/2c

*** b/roll $14.11

back here next week when cash promo is finished.
    don't see any value playing atm.
    enjoying the change playing at ***, and when my b/roll reaches $40 i'll move up to the next level which is 2c/4c (10 buy-ins)...
    and so on.

dev

• edited June 2013
    Hey Dev,

Really sweet you decided to concentrate on cash, to work at it and improve. You have came a good distance in the time you started playing cash.

Previously, you had done really well at DYM games. I was just wondering, would you find it to much of a distraction if playing both games, instead of just focussing on one?

Do you find it helps just playing one discipline?
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Dev,

How come you are avoiding the promo?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £354.84):
    Hey Dev, Really sweet you decided to concentrate on cash, to work at it and improve. You have came a good distance in the time you started playing cash. Previously, you had done really well at DYM games. I was just wondering, would you find it to much of a distraction if playing both games, instead of just focussing on one? Do you find it helps just playing one discipline?
    Posted by LARSON7
    hi mate,
    playing just 1 discipline for me is optimal,as my mind is 100% focused with the game in hand.
    I could probably play both but I think for me anyway it's one or the other.
    winning at either is hard enough as it is, so why mix the two.
    dym's are my best of the two by far profit wise and playing cash is all about the long term.

dev

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £354.84):
    Hi Dev, How come you are avoiding the promo?
    Posted by calcalfold
    hi ccf,
    I really didn't think playing in it would be profitable for me,atm.
    playing 9+ tables at nl10 for a week against all the reg's is not my idea of fun.
    I could have easily blown my £350 b/roll or a good part of it anyway,in the process,and I wasn't going to take the risk.
    "I might be silly...but I 'ain't that silly"

lol
    dev
  • edited June 2013

sunday 9/6/13

day off

bet on Taylor to beat  Van Gerwin in uk open darts

£10 @ 5/4  score 10- 7/8 not sure  got the W though.  lol.  won £12.50

b/roll £367.34

dev
  • edited June 2013
    monday  10/6/13

still can't find any descent nl10 tables to play,so...

plan B

at ***  won $1.89

2 x 1c/2c

b/roll $16.00 (up $9 in 3 sessions)  lol

steady.

back here tomorrow,if no value about,then it's continue with plan B

dev
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £367.34):
    monday  10/6/13 still can't find any descent nl10 tables to play,so... plan B at ***  won $1.89 2 x 1c/2c b/roll $16.00 (up $9 in 3 sessions)  lol steady. back here tomorrow,if no value about,then it's continue with plan B :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    My absence from the tables most of the day being the sole reason for that dev lol.

Why not just grind 4nl as atm your playing like 0.75p-1.5p whereas you could  be building your sky roll by multitabling 4nl, also there is always value at the 10nl tables you just have to work out the best way to exploit, get back on the nl10 grind and start crushing!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £367.34):
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £367.34) : My absence from the tables most of the day being the sole reason for that dev lol. Why not just grind 4nl as atm your playing like 0.75p-1.5p whereas you could  be building your sky roll by multitabling 4nl, also there is always value at the 10nl tables you just have to work out the best way to exploit, get back on the nl10 grind and start crushing!
    Posted by benc
    lol

yeah,could play nl4 Ben,still a lot of descent players even at the lowest level we have,
    plenty of players at that level that are easily good enough to be playing at nl10 imo.
    not only that I don't enjoy playing nl4,and never have tbh,probably more to do with playing there so much in the past...and struggling for so long.  ha ha. so that's not an option for me now.

get what you say about there being value at nl10 mate,but when I see players like cash_daddy tintin yourself and others playing on every table,that for me atm anyway isn't good value.
    yes,i could play against you all,but without any edge, so what's the point.
    yes, I would improve my game by playing I guess,but would I win? maybe in time.

i'll continue looking for value and if there isn't any then i'd simply rather play elsewhere for the moment.

i'm only playing 1c/2c atm, as I only deposited $7. once I get my b/r up to $40/$50 i'll move up to 2c/4c then at $100 again move up to 3c/6c and at $200 to 5c/10c.
    I am in no hurry in building my b/r up, either here at Sky or anywhere else I play.
    to me it's all 'a game' and I enjoy the challenge that comes with it.
    I've always taken my poker one day at a time,and I always go with my 'gut instinct' and go with what that tells me.
    atm,it's telling me I need a break.my normal poker arm is still sore,(think it's RSI...repetitive stress injury) and it looks like it's going to take some time to heal,another reason why i'm only playing 2 tables atm, and why i'm playing less and with my opposite hand too.

anyway,that's all for now.

looks as though you are crushing it atm,so very well played Ben.
    keep it up mate.
    best wishes,
    dev

• edited June 2013
    Nice post, fair enough as long as your enjoying playing. I hope the arm recovers soon enough and gl building up on the other site.
  • edited June 2013
    You've got a sore arm/wrist from playing poker? Pull the other one ;)

No pun intended.
  • edited June 2013
    Nice post, fair enough as long as your enjoying playing. I hope the arm recovers soon enough and gl building up on the other site.
    Posted by benc
    ty benc,

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    You've got a sore arm/wrist from playing poker? Pull the other one ;) No pun intended.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    yeah,...you know what they say.. too much of a good thing is bad for you!!!  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    wed  12/6/13

won $3.19 @***

b/r  $19.19  (up $12.19)

still no value on nl10 tables. all the usual suspects playing
    so no go at the mo.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited June 2013

Friday  14/6/13

lost £1.58

3 x nl10 capped

lost connection after just 10 mins so called it a night...was midnight..ish.

b/roll £365.76

sunday  16.6/13

lost £50 (bet on schwartzel at us open golf... to finish top 3 @ 10/11. was co-leader starting final round.)

b/roll  £315.76

Monday  17/6/13

withdrawn £215.76

b/roll £100

decided I needed a change as i'm just not enjoying my poker at the moment.(only played 3 sessions so far all month).
    also with all these cash promo's on atm,just can't seem to get myself motivated to play the same old players all the time.

left £100 in account just in case I change my mind again at some point or more likely re-build playing some DYM's.  lol

so,ended up about £15 down from my starting b/roll of £330 at the start of this year,which I guess I can live with,when taking everything into account.

what next?
                   still playing cash on another site,so putting all I've learnt so far this year to good use at least,so I've not completely wasted the past 5-6 months.  :)

tonight won $8.28  b/roll $27.47 (up $20.47)  6 x 1c/2c

going to hopefully continue building this b/roll up and work my way up the levels.
    i'll post the occasional up-date,for anyone that cares to read it.

didn't achieve all my targets that I set myself,namely the £500 target,but i always follow my heart and my instincts,and i feel i am making the right move here.
    I've learnt plenty this year learning how to play cash,and even though my b/roll hasn't gone forwards,i think my game has certainly improved immeasurably, which i am happy with.

a BIG THANK YOU to everone that has helped me on this journey. there are so many of you,too many to mention,but you all know who you are,so thank you very much.

just would like to finish by thanking _ARAZI_ for all your help and support mate,it was and is very much appreciated,i  have learnt so much from you and i'm sure our friendship will continue.

so, that's it for the moment.
    hope you all enjoyed sharing the highs and lows of the past 5-6 months with me.
    i'm sure this story will continue....
    ?

good luck to everyone out there,
    be lucky

(* *)
       ^
    dev

ps; for those that missed it....Take a look at 'my favourite joke' on page 22, (near bottom of page)  :)

• edited June 2013
    Hey Dev,

The most important thing is your cash game has came on a heep.

So, i'll ask you the same question you asked me, what is the money being spent on?:P Something nice i hope lol

I'm a bit similiar, the constant promos have diminished cash on here (imo) it's not that fun anymore.

I've also joined another site, and have been playing a bit on there. I play on the cam tables (you can only play on one of these at a time) and it's a really good laugh. The poker is pretty bad at the level i'm playing 3/6 but most importantly it's good fun and you get good banter with the other people at the table.

I've done the same thing, taken most of my "bankroll" out of sky. £50 has went into the other site, and i've kept about £40 on sky the rest is there if i ever want to redeposit on here. But, i'm in no rush for that. Right now, i'm really enjoying poker, messing about a bit, not taking it 2 serioussly. Loved Est's thread "20 quid to a decent profit" and seen there was another thread where someone is doing really well with a starting stack of £40/50 quid and is already into the 100s, and also Waller as well, starting with £50.

Maybe see you at the tables soon:)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH....Moving On.:
    Hey Dev, The most important thing is your cash game has came on a heep. So, i'll ask you the same question you asked me, what is the money being spent on?:P Something nice i hope lol I'm a bit similiar, the constant promos have diminished cash on here (imo) it's not that fun anymore. I've also joined another site, and have been playing a bit on there. I play on the cam tables (you can only play on one of these at a time) and it's a really good laugh. The poker is pretty bad at the level i'm playing 3/6 but most importantly it's good fun and you get good banter with the other people at the table. I've done the same thing, taken most of my "bankroll" out of sky. £50 has went into the other site, and i've kept about £40 on sky the rest is there if i ever want to redeposit on here. But, i'm in no rush for that. Right now, i'm really enjoying poker, messing about a bit, not taking it 2 serioussly. Loved Est's thread "20 quid to a decent profit" and seen there was another thread where someone is doing really well with a starting stack of £40/50 quid and is already into the 100s, and also Waller as well, starting with £50. Maybe see you at the tables soon:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    hi mate,
    yes i'm really happy with my cash game atm,and as you say it's come on a heep. :)

nothing i really fancy buying atm,but if i see something i fancy,i'll buy it.  lol

glad you are enjoying yourself mate,i think that has to be high up there doesn't it.
    i mean it's all well and good making money,but if it's not enjoyable too,then is it really worth it.
    not played on any of the cam tables as i haven't the equipment,but i'm sure it is good fun,as you say...maybe i day.   lol
    yeah,plenty of good diaries going atm so i'll still be here to keep an eye on things. :)
    best wishes mate,
    i'm sure i'll see you soon.
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    Good luck to you Dev

If you're not enjoying something then why do it? You are making a sound decision in my opinion m8. Good luck.
  • edited June 2013
    Hope you do update, ill keep reading.  Shame the promos ruined it for you as you sounded like you enjoyed sky poker, hope it goes well for you on another site.

All the best mate .
  • edited June 2013
    Good luck to you Dev If you're not enjoying something then why do it? You are making a sound decision in my opinion m8. Good luck.
    Posted by profman15
    thank you Steve,

cheers mate.
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    Hope you do update, ill keep reading.  Shame the promos ruined it for you as you sounded like you enjoyed sky poker, hope it goes well for you on another site. All the best mate .
    Posted by robbie1992
    thanks Robbie,

good luck mate,
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    GL on the other site, you can't leave the forums though!
  • edited June 2013
    GL on the other site, you can't leave the forums though!
    Posted by cgoldie
    thanks mate,

no,i'll still pop in and keep an eye on you all,  :)

dev
  • edited June 2013