You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a new year..a new game...CASH...still playing

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding begins today.(Target £500...currently £212.83):
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding begins today.(Target £500...currently £212.83) : Buddy your an absolute star, nobody can touch you in terms of attention to detail in posts. Love it.
    Posted by calcalfold
    always tell it as it is mate  lol

bit like yureself.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding begins today.(Target £500...currently £208.78):
    "probably played a bit looser than I would normally by 20%-30% I would say,due to the bigdeal promo which is the amount of hands played". The promo is hands dealt i think, so check it over again as obviously you wont need to worry about how loose-tight you are playing if that is the case.
    Posted by benc
    ty benc,
    yes you are quite right

so once you have been dealt your 2 cards for each table you get a point,i'm assuming for each table?
    then after that it doesn't matter if you play the hand through or not?
    and next hand dealt it repeats all over again?

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013

day 2

session 1

won £18.45

b/roll £227.23

played better this morning,i think.
    ran better too,and I always think the two go hand in hand.

just looked at the BIGDEAL leaderboard...

i'm 4th so in line for £150 if I can stay there,which I've got my doubts.

Donttelmum is top,didn't see him on any of my £2 or £3 tables y'day,so he must be pounding the £5 tournaments,i'm  guessing                                                                                                                                      
    supercrazy is second.
    Kinichahas is third
    devonfish5 fourth
    Evilpingu  fifth.

I was hoping to finish 2nd or 3rd if i'm being honest.
    no chance of top two I feel now and maybe even 3rd but I think 4th or 5th might be possible.

not going to kill myself for it though as I said previously and even a top 10 place pays £100
    so I might just settle for that,especially with it being the snooker finals weekend,which I've always watched for the last 35-40 years or so.

anyway,that's all for now,
    back later.
    :)
    dev

• edited May 2013
    Remember mtt's count for this promo too,and  it is dealt hands not rake that counts.
    Have you considered loading more tables 25-30 at 60p dym's less bankroll risk more hands?
  • edited May 2013
    Nicely one dev on the profit so far. I have interpreted it as hands dealt regardless so you could essentially fold every hand and still have as many points as someone who played every hand in the same game, i may be wrong though.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £227.23):
    Nicely one dev on the profit so far. I have interpreted it as hands dealt regardless so you could essentially fold every hand and still have as many points as someone who played every hand in the same game, i may be wrong though.
    Posted by benc
    ty benc

yes,that's how I now see it
    dev
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £227.23):
    Remember mtt's count for this promo too,and  it is dealt hands not rake that counts. Have you considered loading more tables 25-30 at 60p dym's less bankroll risk more hands?
    Posted by belsibub
    hi mate,
    yes I have but tbh there are so few 60p and £1 games going.
    I have almost resigned myself to coming 4th at best maybe even 5th so I've decided to play less and I should still make top 10 I think,which i'll settle for.
    £100 is still ok and by playing less tables,around 9-12, my game is at it's best I think.
    I was playing 15-18 y'day and it didn't feel as good as today playing 12.

cheers buddy
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    nice work
    Posted by calcalfold
    thanks mate,

like I've never been away  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    session 2 

won 30p  lol

b/roll £227.53

c4p 866

ticking along nicely,
    still got £17.72 c4p from last month to add on next week,so nearly 1/2 way to target.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013

session 1

won £15.95

9-12 tables

b/roll £243.48

c4p 929

ran ok played ok

back later

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013

session 2

won £0.85

b/roll £244.33

c4p 1130

12-18 tables

didn't run well played ok
    happy to finish as I did

back tomorrow for 1 final push

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    session 1

won £7.05

b/roll £251.48

c4p 1206

9+ tables

hooray,up to £250 already.
    still 5th in BIGDEAL promotion worth £100 so happy to finish 5th - 10th and take that & party
    best I could achieve now is 4th I feel,and even playing all day might not be good enough,so have settled for where I am.
    also means I can watch the snooker final which I had already decided to do anyway.

back later for a quickie,
    gl all
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Hey Dev,

Coming along nicely, and whatever you win will be a welcome bonus. You'll be back at cash in no time:D
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £251.48):
    Hey Dev, Coming along nicely, and whatever you win will be a welcome bonus. You'll be back at cash in no time:D
    Posted by LARSON7
    thanks mate,
    yes getting there,i'm hoping to be back by the end of this month,with any luck.
    best wishes mate,
    dev
  • edited May 2013

Tuesday  7/5/13

received Aprils c4p £17.72

received £100 (coming 7th in BIGDEAL comp,only played 2 hrs final day,and dropped from 5th,same result)

b/roll £369.20

May c4p 1206

b/roll looking a little better now,only need £131 and i'm back playing nl10...again.
    should get that up hopefully by the end of this month.
    couple of days off from playing.going to read up on 'the mental game of poker' and watch some play later.

gl all,
    dev

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £251.48):
    Tuesday  7/5/13 received Aprils c4p £17.72 received £100 (coming 7th in BIGDEAL comp,only played 2 hrs final day,and dropped from 5th,same result) b/roll £369.20 May c4p 1206 b/roll looking a little better now,only need £131 and i'm back playing nl10...again. should get that up hopefully by the end of this month. couple of days off from playing.going to read up on 'the mental game of poker' and watch some play later. gl all, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Well done Dev, that BR is racing up.

Not long now mate then the cash headaches start again lol

You will be fine im certain of that.

Good luck

• edited May 2013
    ) b/roll £369.20 May c4p 1206 b/roll looking a little better now,only need £131 and i'm back playing nl10...again.
    Now, I am only going to say this because I dont want to see another trainwreck.

I would get to £500, hit 4nl and see yourself play solid and make another £200.

Then you could hit 10nl with a £100 stoploss.

Grinding up at DYMs then hitting 10nl isnt going to work imo. Unless you have done a lot of work in the background relating to 10nl cash.

Happy for you to prove me wrong, but I really dont want to have to say I told you so when in a month it has all gone horribly wrong.

All the best anyway. Plus very nice regeneration of your roll.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £251.48) : Well done Dev, that BR is racing up. Not long now mate then the cash headaches start again lol You will be fine im certain of that. Good luck
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    cheers Daz
    you're not wrong there mate.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £251.48) : Now, I am only going to say this because I dont want to see another trainwreck. I would get to £500, hit 4nl and see yourself play solid and make another £200. Then you could hit 10nl with a £100 stoploss. Grinding up at DYMs then hitting 10nl isnt going to work imo. Unless you have done a lot of work in the background relating to 10nl cash. Happy for you to prove me wrong, but I really dont want to have to say I told you so when in a month it has all gone horribly wrong. All the best anyway. Plus very nice regeneration of your roll.
    Posted by calcalfold
    alright mate,

I hear what you are saying,and i'm listening.
    it's hardly a train wreck, in 4 months I've lost £130 in my cash learning effort.(which btw included a £100 and another more recent £70 losing session,the 1st when playing 9x nl10 tables,the second when playing 6x nl10 tables), two mistakes i'm not likely to be repeating.
    I can earn £130 back and double playing DYM's in a month without question.
    I know that as I did it last year month on month.

and again to show you i'm listening to you and maybe against others advice i'll go back to playing nl4
    once my b/roll is back at £500.
    i'll then try to build up to £600 and then i'll start again playing nl10.
    if I then drop back below £500 i'll also drop down to nl4 again.
    now that sounds reasonable to me,and although not in my original plan, i'm happy to go with it.

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited May 2013

Haha, fairplay dude trainwreck was probably a bit strong.

Out of interest you seem real good at DYM, have you considered playing the bigger buy in versions? You might be able to crush that for decent ££ as it seems to be your natrual game.
  • edited May 2013
    Tuesday  7/5/13 received Aprils c4p £17.72 received £100 (coming 7th in BIGDEAL comp,only played 2 hrs final day,and dropped from 5th,same result) b/roll £369.20 May c4p 1206 b/roll looking a little better now,only need £131 and i'm back playing nl10...again. should get that up hopefully by the end of this month. couple of days off from playing.going to read up on 'the mental game of poker' and watch some play later. gl all, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Nice one Dev, well done on the promo, good idea to go back to those dyms while that was on. Its more fun when you're winning.
    I noticed earlier that you thought you'd not played your best game because of the promo, we're those profits typical for a session, or were you mainly playing to get the reward. Whilst I know its low risk for you, without the promo the returns look a bit small for the amount of effort required.
    Might drop by and donate a couple of quid on a dym at some point.
    Look forward to seeing how you get on with Nl10 when you're ready - I think you'll do really well next time.
    L
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £369.20):
    Haha, fairplay dude trainwreck was probably a bit strong. Out of interest you seem real good at DYM, have you considered playing the bigger buy in versions? You might be able to crush that for decent ££ as it seems to be your natrual game.
    Posted by calcalfold
    no worries,

got up to the £5's and for whatever reason just couldn't win.
    the standard is slightly better imo,but you would think I would have been able to work it out,just as I did the £3's.
    maybe in time I would have had I carried on playing them,who knows.
    I think the higher up you go the less edge you have,and rake back becomes important,but I know there are plenty of players that were crushing that level and higher,Patwalsh being just one,who I think now plays elsewhere.another being JOHNCONNOR,a name that always scares me,lol, and my inspiration for playing dym's in the first place.

anyway,i was doing ok at the £3,s ... 4 months running I won around £300- £400 each month,so quite happy to stay there.  lol

anyway,that's 'the good old days'  lol
    hoping the cash tables will show some improvement soon

dev
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...The b/roll rebuilding has started,(Target £500...currently £251.48) : Nice one Dev, well done on the promo, good idea to go back to those dyms while that was on. Its more fun when you're winning. I noticed earlier that you thought you'd not played your best game because of the promo, we're those profits typical for a session, or were you mainly playing to get the reward. Whilst I know its low risk for you, without the promo the returns look a bit small for the amount of effort required. Might drop by and donate a couple of quid on a dym at some point. Look forward to seeing how you get on with Nl10 when you're ready - I think you'll do really well next time. L
    Posted by lonesome
    Hi lonesome,

thanks mate,
    yeah,happy coming 7th and winning £100 mate.
    with it being the world snooker w'end I didn't give it 100% as I would have normally

regarding profit;
                            I won £11 odd in my 1st session but in the 2nd session I played more tables 18 or so and played looser than normal thinking it was 'hands played' that counted,which cost me £23.50
    but apart from that I think I won most sessions I played,some only a few pence though.  lol (lost just 1 other session £4)
    there were more regs playing I guess than normal,which would effect how much I won,but I was happy how I played and as I said if it wasn't for that 1 losing session,my result would have been pretty descent,i think,for 4 days play.
    ( to give you some idea who I was up against,you will probably have heard of one or two  ...tommyd ,johnconnor ,evilpingu ,supercrazy ,flashflush(I think) ,to name just a few.  lol)

yeah,DYM'S can be funny you can have losing sessions even when you might have played well and winning sessions when not playing very well at all.it's a funny old game.
    I always used to go by how much I won each month and not session by session,in the end.

be nice to see you on the tables mate.gl

thanks mate,
    yes i'm sure when I return to nl10 again,i will have learnt some lessons from last time,the biggest ones being table selection and not to get carried away playing too many tables. lol

cheers lonesome,
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Thurs 9/5/13

lost £4.53

b/roll  £364.67

4 tables nl4

c4p 1263

change of plan...again.
    happy with where b/roll is for the moment,so going to play nl4 for the time being and TRY building b/roll up to my original target of £500,which will then give me 50 buy-ins for nl10.

I could do it the easier way by playing DYM's again,but if I can do it by playing nl4 that will give me somewhere to go if nl10 doesn't go well.

didn't play to bad today I thought. lost an £11 hand to the river,which spoilt my day somewhat,but apart from that about the norm atm.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    what can you do...
    AmountPotBalance
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
    devonfish5 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.06
      Your hole cards

xRaise  £0.16 £0.22 £5.85
    APPO1968 Call  £0.16 £0.38 £4.41
    bluemacaw Fold     
    iconicn Fold     
    TINTIN Fold     
    devonfish5 Call  £0.12 £0.50 £5.94
    Flop

devonfish5 Check     
    xBet  £0.38 £0.88 £5.47
    APPO1968 Fold     
    devonfish5 Call  £0.38 £1.26 £5.56
    Turn

devonfish5 Check     
    xBet  £0.95 £2.21 £4.52
    devonfish5 Raise  £1.90 £4.11 £3.66
    All-in  £4.52 £8.63 £0.00
    devonfish5 Call  £3.57 £12.20 £0.09
    devonfish5 Show

xShow
    • K
    • K

River

• K

xWin Three Kings £11.28  £11.
  • edited May 2013
    thurs  9/5/13

part 2

started off playing 4x nl4 and lost about £18
    got fed up with that,so loaded up 1x nl10 table
    won back about £12

so,  lost £6.78

b/roll £357.75

c4p 1320

another disappointing day losing £11 odd in total.
    never mind though,i'll get over it.

happy with my b/roll so i'm going to continue playing cash for a while rather than the DYM's,like I had planned to for building my b/roll.
    still got over £350 to play with,which is plenty for 1x nl10 table.

can't seem to find any structure to my game plan atm,and it's changing by the hour,it seems.
    i'm sure it will all fall into place,sooner or later though,so i'm not overly worried.
    quite fun really not knowing what i'm going to be doing next.  lol

anyway,all for today,only been here for 15 hours or so.  lol
    tell a lie,i did stop briefly for tea.

night all
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Just a word of warning,

moving up a stake to chase losses will go wrong eventually. At some point you will run out of luck or talent.

I speak from experience, it is not pleasant the next morning when you wake up and remember you lost half your roll, or worse.

Its fine to book a losing session, all players at some point have losing sessions.

The good players just keep playing the same game and dont chase the losses.

Its up to you of course, but the better thing tonight might have been to review the 4nl hands where you lost the money.
  • edited May 2013

HEy Dev,

Nice playing against you earlier! Nice run at the 10nl table :D

Some good advice from calc. Sometimes i think we over think things, and put undue pressure on ourselves.

Whatever you decide for yourself will be right for you. Would it maybe be a good idea to have a stop loss? Eg Set yourself a limit, if you loss x amount, say 2 bi's it is time to stop and have a break? Maybe leave it for the night?

Welcome back to Cash, and run good!

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH.(Target £500...currently £357.75)):
    Just a word of warning, moving up a stake to chase losses will go wrong eventually. At some point you will run out of luck or talent. I speak from experience, it is not pleasant the next morning when you wake up and remember you lost half your roll, or worse. Its fine to book a losing session, all players at some point have losing sessions. The good players just keep playing the same game and dont chase the losses. Its up to you of course, but the better thing tonight might have been to review the 4nl hands where you lost the money.
    Posted by calcalfold
    fair points calcal,
    I didn't play very well or run well which I believe run together,and I deserved to lose the money I did playing nl4 last night,and the 55 hand I posted up also was a factor,as that was an £11 effective swing,which didn't help matters.(I will have a look through my losing hands and see exactly how badly I played them for future reference.)
    I understand what you are saying about not moving up levels to chase losses.
    I thought it was actually quite a good idea,att. I realised I was on a hiding to nowhere playing nl4 so I

stopped playing.
    I thought ok lets play 1x nl10 table where 1 double up or a grind session and i'm happy.
    which turned out to be the case,well near enough.
    i'm happy playing the nl10 level now,and with £350 behind me,losing a buy-in or two is no big deal.
    had I lost instead of winning,yes,i would have been unhappy obviously today,but I would still have stood by the decision I made.
    this great and sometimes cruel game we all love playing is a gamble,every time we play.
    but i'm only gambling with money I've won,so maybe I don't see it the way some others do.

this is my hobby and I look at it that way.i'm not here to set the world on fire,or out to prove anything to anyone,i'm here to win money for sure,and i'd like to follow in the footsteps of others and move up the cash levels,eventually,as Lambert180 is doing at the moment,(well played Paul,btw,).
    i'll have plenty more losing sessions to come for sure.i know i'm not the best of cash players.
    i'm learning though and I believe I can and will become a winning player in time.
    i'm happier playing nl10 than nl4 so it makes sense for me to play there,doesn't it?
    ok,there is an argument I should beat nl4 first I suppose,but it's not a written law either.

I can always go back to playing DYM's again whenever I feel like it,and 'top up' my b/roll whenever needed,as I've just done, which is a nice safety net to have,knowing i'll never have to deposit any money again,hopefully.
    how many players have that luxury.

(* *)
       ^
    dev