You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a new year..a new game...CASH...still playing

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Just been catching up with your diary . To tired now to comment on hands etc now  but you said early on how much you thought your game had come on in the last 12 months after grinding DYM,s .

I,d say its gonna be like that with your cash game if you carry on putting the effort and time that you do. Practise makes perfect and you seem to have a lot of patience which will get you through the downswings. I predict good things for you and am learning things myself from diaries like yours and the other input from the posters on it so GL and keep it up

Paul

Ps - As mentioned above about bad beats and how to handle them. It might sound daft but i almost get a sik pleasure from them now as you know your doing nothing wrong as long as your using good BRM which you seem to do. Its when i make mistakes that i need to learn how to handle it better and try and learn from them. You cant learn much from bad beats as you,ve played it right
    The way i see it - the more bad beats your getting - the better you are playing and improving
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...I'M BACK...ran bad,played bad...i am bad.:
    Just been catching up with your diary . To tired now to comment on hands etc now  but you said early on how much you thought your game had come on in the last 12 months after grinding DYM,s . I,d say its gonna be like that with your cash game if you carry on putting the effort and time that you do. Practise makes perfect and you seem to have a lot of patience which will get you through the downswings. I predict good things for you and am learning things myself from diaries like yours and the other input from the posters on it so GL and keep it up Paul Ps - As mentioned above about bad beats and how to handle them. It might sound daft but i almost get a sik pleasure from them now as you know your doing nothing wrong as long as your using good BRM which you seem to do. Its when i make mistakes that i need to learn how to handle it better and try and learn from them. You cant learn much from bad beats as you,ve played it right The way i see it - the more bad beats your getting - the better you are playing and improving
    Posted by MP33
    Thanks Paul,
    always knew it was going to be a rocky road,and up & down alot,as it has been.
    the swings are quite brutal and the difference between losing and winning an all-in is always going to have a major part on how each session goes,imo.
    still early days mate,and am learning all the time..the hard way,but i'm guessing the only way for most  mortals.
    it's beginning to look as though if i'm to continue in my quest in becoming a 1/2 descent cash player..lol,
    then i could well be writing the rest of this year off profit wise i'm beginning to fear.
    which i know sounds daft,or maybe not,but i think if and it's an if at the moment,then it will pay dividends in the long run.
    also i'm very much aware that if i don't see this through now,i might never make the breakthrough,as i've said before,and slip away never to be seen again,well not quite but you know what i mean.  lol

another day and i'm sure more of the same to come.
    at least i've got a nice roast to look forward to later,so it's not all 'doom 'n' gloom. lol
    what's the saying 'patience is a virtue'...tell me about it.
    best wishes Paul,thanks for posting.
    :)
    dev

• edited April 2013
    Hey Dev,

It is really hard with the losses, and mega with the wins. All parts of the same coin.

In the grand sceheme of things, you are larning massively through this, which maybe you can't put a price on haha

That's what i'm telling myself anyway. I was looking at youtube there wasa guy, Kevin something, and he ran 50 dollars 100 dollars into a fortune, and now plays only the highest levels on the sites he's on.

Everyday learning, makes the goal more achievable.

Good luck mate
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...I'M BACK...ran bad,played bad...i am bad.:
    Hey Dev, It is really hard with the losses, and mega with the wins. All parts of the same coin. In the grand sceheme of things, you are larning massively through this, which maybe you can't put a price on haha That's what i'm telling myself anyway. I was looking at youtube there wasa guy, Kevin something, and he ran 50 dollars 100 dollars into a fortune, and now plays only the highest levels on the sites he's on. Everyday learning, makes the goal more achievable. Good luck mate
    Posted by LARSON7
    thanks mate,
    yes its very up and down this cash game,isn't it.
    bad day y'day but better so far today.
    all a learning curve mate,for both of us. keep your head up mate,it'll come.
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    sunday 28/4/13

won ££4.49

b/roll £263.75

c4p 1539 = £15.39 to come.

2 tables nl10

just a quickie,in betwwen cooking the roast.
    played better ran better,which i guess go hand in hand.
    nice that y'day is out of the way,wasn't much fun,but learnt plenty so can't grumble,well i have and that's all i've got to say about that.  lol

gl all,
    have a nice day
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Dev,

Nice to see some profit.

I'm going to get a few sessions in at 10nl, i'll join you sometime.

I'll just be playing one table at 10nl, and some HU games going at the same time, to keep me focussed.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH....better today...hooooray.:
    Hey Dev, Nice to see some profit. I'm going to get a few sessions in at 10nl, i'll join you sometime. I'll just be playing one table at 10nl, and some HU games going at the same time, to keep me focussed.
    Posted by LARSON7
    nice 1
     gl buddy
    yes,beginning to forget what profit lookes like. ha ha
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Back in the game dev!
    Be good m8.
    Paul
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH....better today...hooooray.:
    Back in the game dev! Be good m8. Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    thanks Paul.

sunday 28/4/13
    session 2

lost £5.58

b/roll £258.17

c4p 1602 = £16.02 to come

2 tables nl10 £3 capped tables.

loaded up capped table by mistake,so decided to play it.
    lost £1.09 in total today after playing them for both sessions.
    this was also mixed in with some normal nl10 play from earlier but cant find results from those,i'm guessing i lost £4-£5 so probably won that back playing the capped tables.

anyway,it made a change and i'm hoping to get back to the full tables tomorrow.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Monday  29/4/13

lost £17.77

2xnl10 mastercash tables

b/roll £240.40

Tuesday 30/4/13

lost £11.77

2xnl10

b/roll £228.63 (down £109.57 this month) (down £103.19 this year)

c4p 1722 = £17.22 to come.

so, that's April done and dusted,not great reading but I can live with it.

I did have a £70 losing session a week or so ago,which was a big factor in my overall result.
    happy playing nl10 and am going to continue into May.
    also now only playing 2 tables(3 max, on the odd occasion)

i'll continue on this cash journey,and will continue as long as my b/roll allows me to.
    should it drop to £150 or lower,which is on the cards,(no pun intended),then i'll switch back to playing some dym's for a few weeks or so and hopefully re-build my b/roll back up again,for another shot.

I am quite happy with just how much I've learnt this month,even though it's not reflected in my b/roll figure.
    also, a BIG THANK YOU to my good friend(you know who you are),for all your help and support.

best wishes everone,
    MAY you run good.

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited April 2013
    Well done on getting picked for the forum game on Thursday at 9pm, if you win that it's another £50 / 60 quid to your bank roll. Tho every position is played!

You were well deserving of this mate.

Good luck for May, it'll be a good one:D
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...hanging on in there.:
    Well done on getting picked for the forum game on Thursday at 9pm, if you win that it's another £50 / 60 quid to your bank roll. Tho every position is played! You were well deserving of this mate. Good luck for May, it'll be a good one:D
    Posted by LARSON7
    1st I've heard about it mate.

ty buddy

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Wednesday  1/5/13

lost £28.95

b/roll £199.68

2xnl10

going to stop playing cash for a while,(you could have a good case against me ever starting.lol)
    as it's only going one way atm.
    I lost £132.14 in total from 1/1/13 to 1/5/13  which isn't a fortune by any means,but you know when it's time to call it a day,don't you,and today's that day.

I will return to playing DYM's...again,and hopefully re-build my bankroll,well that's the plan.(if I can remember how to play them.  lol)
    i'm hoping to return to cash again with a bigger roll behind me and try again, at some point.
    it's disappointing but not totally unexpected either,as I did say I wasn't a cash player right at the start of this journey.
    i'd like to say it's been fun but I can't,it's been a struggle.
    I think I've improved since I started but that's not saying much.

I would just like to thank everyone who has kindly helped and supported me on this journey.
    i'm not going to name you all as there are so many of you, and I would feel bad if I forgot anyone.

I would also like to thank ARAZI though,as he has helped me so much over the last month or so,so thank you mate.
    i'm sorry it hasn't worked out this time,but as always I gave it my best,and that's all I expect from myself.

i'm going to take down the 'top of the posts' tournament tomorrow night,which should make me feel a little better.  lol

anyway,that's all my friends,
    hope you enjoyed the ride.
    sorry i'm not donating anymore money to all you cash players...
    time to go and win some.

best wishes, as always,
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Are you carrying on the diary?

Feel like i,ve cursed it a bit by saying i predicted good things the other day but at least you,ve still got a BR to play with. When i read the new title = "Its all over" i thought you tilted the lot away. Probably a good time for a day or 2 off and come back fresh rather than playing now and feel like your chasing losses which never seems to work 

I,m sure you,ll be back up and running soon whether it be DYM,s or lower level cash - so GL

Paul  
  • edited May 2013
    Hey Dev,

Get back into DYM's and we will soon see you back at cash.

You have every chance of winning tomorrow night. Cash didn'twork out right now, but you have more than the ability to beat this.

I've really enjoyed playing you, and the diary. Don't know if you are going to continue it playing DYM's but good luck with this. I might see you at a couple of tables playin DYM.

Good luck
  • edited May 2013
    ul - but a gutsy performance dev

hope your return to DYMs goes smooth

glgl
  • edited May 2013

I think you would be better off focusing on 4nl and building a roll that way, and learning to beat it day in day out. I just dont think coming back for another try at 10nl will work if you are just playing DYMs.

Also have you asked for help in the poker clinic?

Buiding a roll is only a fraction of what you need to beat a given cash game.
  • edited May 2013
    Dev will imo def be continuing his diary and as far as i know for the mo it will be about his dyms.

Before anyone thinks he wasnt good enough to beat 10nl i will stop you there and tell you for CERTAIN he was and he was learning from any mistakes he was making and getting better everyday.

The only reason he wont be playing 10nl for the next few months is because his BR isnt big enough for the swings at the mo and if he is gonna do it correctly he dosnt want to play scared money.

FWIW Dev has shown me a good deal of hands from the previous week and to say he has been unlucky would be a MASSIVE understatment and although i know he wouldnt mind me saying that he has made some basic mistakes at times and cost himself a buyin here and there (which is only to be expected at this point) with a little more run good he could have easily been sitting on a BR of 400+ but like we all know variance can hit at anytime and its better for him to stop and rebuild his BR now incase the downswing continues.

Best of luck at the DYMs Dev mate and ive absolutly no doubt you will be back on 10nl soon.

Daz.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...it's a sad day...it's all over...for now!!!:
    Dev will imo def be continuing his diary and as far as i know for the mo it will be about his dyms. Before anyone thinks he wasnt good enough to beat 10nl i will stop you there and tell you for CERTAIN he was and he was learning from any mistakes he was making and getting better everyday. The only reason he wont be playing 10nl for the next few months is because his BR isnt big enough for the swings at the mo and if he is gonna do it correctly he dosnt want to play scared money. FWIW Dev has shown me a good deal of hands from the previous week and to say he has been unlucky would be a MASSIVE understatment and although i know he wouldnt mind me saying that he has made some basic mistakes at times and cost himself a buyin here and there (which is only to be expected at this point) with a little more run good he could have easily been sitting on a BR of 400+ but like we all know variance can hit at anytime and its better for him to stop and rebuild his BR now incase the downswing continues. Best of luck at the DYMs Dev mate and ive absolutly no doubt you will be back on 10nl soon. Daz.
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    100% agree.

I've not seen a lot of hands, but having played Dev, he is for sure  a very strong player, and made one of the best folds ever against me! Total respect.
  • edited May 2013
    Good luck, downswings happen to everyone - it's demoralising - so chin up )

I remember when I first started playing nl4 on here and you were a player that always had it.
    So if you return to that type of game then you will with a bit of run good get going at nl10.

no doubt

• edited May 2013
    i think your doing the right thing in stopping the cash for a while. i see what arazi said and it makes a lot of sense. sometimes you can push just a little to hard and cause more damage.

on the other hand if your back to the dym scene have a look at the big deal promo that starts tomorrow. get get back 15-18 tabling those dym this weekend and you must be in with a shout of some bonus money.

good luck mate and i'll see you in tonights top of the posts tourney
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...it's a sad day...it's all over...for now!!!:
    i think your doing the right thing in stopping the cash for a while. i see what arazi said and it makes a lot of sense. sometimes you can push just a little to hard and cause more damage. on the other hand if your back to the dym scene have a look at the big deal promo that starts tomorrow. get get back 15-18 tabling those dym this weekend and you must be in with a shout of some bonus money. good luck mate and i'll see you in tonights top of the posts tourney
    Posted by TINTIN
    +1 . Would be the perfect time to start on DYM,s again. If i wasn,t going away for the weekend i,d play them myself on the lower tier
  • edited May 2013
    You get 10/10 for effort, and thanks for sharing the journey, it's just a shame you weren't rewarded with the results you deserve.

I have played precisely zero cash hands this year, and I'm not planning on starting any time soon!
  • edited May 2013
    thanks to everyone for your comments and support.

not played today but loading up totp tournament now.

back to DYM's for a while,re-build and re-group.

i'm hoping to return to cash when i'm better rolled for it.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Hey Dev, have kept up to date with this your place on the top of the posts was definetly  well deserved. With the amount of tables and hours you play maybe you could aim to take down a decent sized cash from the new promo? which would maybe lead to you being sufficently rolled and able to continue on with cash. Good luck with the dyms
  • edited May 2013
    Hey Dev, have kept up to date with this your place on the top of the posts was definetly  well deserved. With the amount of tables and hours you play maybe you could aim to take down a decent sized cash from the new promo? which would maybe lead to you being sufficently rolled and able to continue on with cash. Good luck with the dyms
    Posted by benc
    ty m8

came 3rd in totp won £25 so all helps.

haven't seen the promo as yet m8,i'll have a look now.
    shouldn't take too long getting back up to £500 with any luck, which is my target,and then i'll give nl10 another go.
    cheers bud
    dev
    ps
         well played to TINTIN for taking 1st place and also to ARAZI coming 2nd. in totp tournament tonight.
  • edited May 2013
    I have to be the voice of reality.

But what changes are you making to you game prior to the next attempt at 10nl?
  • edited May 2013

Calcal, in my opinion dev doesn't need to change much at all.

As Arazi said, after seeing many hands, Dev just went through a bad downswing.

Dev is a really good solid player, and when he is comfortable with his bankroll for this level, will smash it.

• edited May 2013
    lol btw do you do vantriliquism?
  • edited May 2013
    Calcal, in my opinion dev doesn't need to change much at all. As Arazi said, after seeing many hands, Dev just went through a bad downswing. Dev is a really good solid player, and when he is comfortable with his bankroll for this level, will smash it.
    Posted by LARSON7

100% this