You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a new year..a new game...CASH...still playing

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Im not a 10nl player, but even I can see some pretty big mistakes.

AA. raise pre ffs

TT always bet that flop and fold to the raise on the river

KK dont double barrel so big, you pot commit yourself and are almost never ahead by the river
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH..wheels fall off...again.:
    1 fold pre 2 fold pre 3 flat pre, if you 3bet make it bigger, check back river 4 3bet pre, as played c/r flop 5 fine 6 raise pre 7 4b/c pre
    Posted by grantorino
    thanks mate

:)
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    abc tight aggro on the lower stakes its harder to bluff so dont bluff go for max value with ya premium hands meaning bet bet bet 3 x preflop for instance with jj above and on the flop if low cards bet each street 3/4 pot bet is a good bet size imo dnt everrrrrrrrrrr check trap on the lower cash games bettttttttt :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    cheers steve

dev
  • edited April 2013
    Im not a 10nl player, but even I can see some pretty big mistakes. AA. raise pre ffs TT always bet that flop and fold to the raise on the river KK dont double barrel so big, you pot commit yourself and are almost never ahead by the river
    Posted by calcalfold
    thanks calcalfold

i know there are some pretty big mistakes,that's why i've posted up hands for feed back.
    i'm sure there will be plenty more to come.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    i think its great that ya adjusting ya game imo a dym player will never improve as a player as its fold 99 per cent of hand n gets to the shove of fold point when u get 10 bigs so credit to ya devon fish u need a dif mind set in cash its a harder game good luck to ya m8 :)
  • edited April 2013
    i think its great that ya adjusting ya game imo a dym player will never improve as a player as its fold 99 per cent of hand n gets to the shove of fold point when u get 10 bigs so credit to ya devon fish u need a dif mind set in cash its a harder game good luck to ya m8 :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    thanks steve,

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013

quick THANK YOU  to GaryQQQ

for lending me 'the mental game of poker' book to read.

night off tonight (need it after y'day) and i'll get cracking on it tomorrow.

cheers Gary
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    No worries.

I can see you beating 10nl within a short time frame, due to your qdetermination to learn.

Hope to see you there soon.
  • edited April 2013
    No worries. I can see you beating 10nl within a short time frame, due to your qdetermination to learn. Hope to see you there soon.
    Posted by calcalfold
    hi again calcalfold,
    cheers mate,
    yeah,i'm sure it won't be very long before you move up.
    best wishes
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited June 2013

MY FAVOURITE JOKE

wednesday...early...

so i've had a good sleep..at last,and am back in the land of the living.

getting away from poker for a minute,thought you might enjoy this little joke.
    i'm hoping i can get away with posting it.it's not rude or offensive but it's an over 18's
    and only a joke,and as we are all over 18(i hope),i'll give it a go.

i'll set the scene...
                               A few years ago now about 25 of us or so were all sat around the xmas table at my mums,(our house),yes we have a big family and my mum has quite a few friends that she liked to cook for on xmas day every year.we had all just finished our xmas turkey and puddings,and had had a drink or three,when my uncle Doug tapped his glass with a spoon i guess,and the whole room eventually went quiet.
    what happened next...he said...

"'There was this man,he was on the beach,he had no arms & no legs,just a head and a body.
    these 3 women walked up to him...

The 1st woman said to him,"have you ever been kissed before?"
         "no,...i've never been kissed before"...he said...
    so she gave him a kiss.

The 2nd woman says to him,"have you ever been hugged before?"
         "no,...i've never been hugged before"he said...
    so she gave him a hug.

The 3rd woman says to him "have you ever been fu cked before?"
         "no,...i've never been fu cked before" he said....
    "you will be in a minute,.. the tides coming in" she said.

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited April 2013
    wednesday...early... so i've had a good sleep..at last,and am back in the land of the living. getting away from poker for a minute,thought you might enjoy this little joke. i'm hoping i can get away with posting it.it's not rude or offensive but it's an over 18's and only a joke,and as we are all over 18(i hope),i'll give it a go. i'll set the scene...                            A few years ago now about 25 of us or so were all sat around the xmas table at my mums,(our house),yes we have a big family and my mum has quite a few friends that she liked to cook for on xmas day every year.we had all just finished our xmas turkey and puddings,and had had a drink or three,when my uncle Doug tapped his glass with a spoon i guess,and the whole room eventually went quiet. what  happened next...he said... "'There was this man,he was on the beach,he had no arms no legs,just a head and a body. these 3 women walked up to him... The 1st woman said to him,"have you ever been kissed before?"      " no,...i've never been kissed before"...he said... so she gives him a kiss. The 2nd woman says to him,"have you ever been hugged before?"      " no,...i've never been hugged before"he said... so she gives him a hug. The 3rd woman says to him "have you ever been fu cked before?"      " no,...i've never been fu cked before" he said.... "you will be in a minute,.. the tides coming in" she said. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Nice one Dev..
    but I'd stick to poker if i were you....lol

• edited April 2013
    But we could have a joke section, to log into after some bad beats..mmmm ?
    Go on ask them Dev they'll listen to you.
  • edited April 2013
    Think we have more chance of you being the next wsop champ than a comedian Dev mate

Made me lol in anycase :)

Now put that book down and get back on those tables mate :)

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH..best joke ever.(page 22):
    Think we have more chance of you being the next wsop champ than a comedian Dev mate Made me lol in anycase :) Now put that book down and get back on those tables mate :)
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    lol

it was funny at the time mate.

yes,need to get back playing don't i.i'll see if i can bring myself to do it later today. lol

cheers mate
    dev
  • edited April 2013

back in the saddle.
    this is how we started...
    AmountPotBalance
    LuckyDaveB Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.85
    devonfish5 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
     Your hole cards
    • A

lordgee12 Fold     
    yRaise  £0.20 £0.35 £1.18
    pokelot Fold     
    Jaradinho Fold     
    LuckyDaveB Call  £0.15 £0.50 £9.70
    devonfish5 Call  £0.10 £0.60 £9.80
    Flop

• Q
    • A

LuckyDaveB Check     
    devonfish5 Bet  £0.45 £1.05 £9.35
    yCall  £0.45 £1.50 £0.73
    LuckyDaveB Fold     
    Turn

devonfish5 Bet  £0.50 £2.00 £8.85
    yAll-in  £0.73 £2.73 £0.00
    devonfish5 Call  £0.23 £2.96 £8.62
    devonfish5 Show
    • A

yShow
    • A

River

Win Two Pairs, Aces and 5s £2.73  £2.73
  • edited April 2013
    BUT...this is how we finished...
     £0.05 £0.05 £8.66
    sanskydo Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.04
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

devonfish5 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £14.44
    Call  £0.30 £0.75 £8.53
    margates Call  £0.30 £1.05 £3.14
    isc Call  £0.25 £1.30 £8.41
    sanskydo Fold     
    Flop

• K
    • J

isc Check     
    devonfish5 Bet  £0.98 £2.28 £13.46
    Call  £0.98 £3.26 £7.55
    margates Fold     
    isc Fold     
    Turn

devonfish5 Bet  £2.45 £5.71 £11.01
    Call  £2.45 £8.16 £5.10
    River

devonfish5 Bet  £8.16 £16.32 £2.85
    Fold     
    devonfish5 Muck     
    devonfish5 Win  £7.54  £10.39
    devonfish5 Return  £8.16 £0.62 £18.55
  • edited April 2013
     £0.05 £0.05 £10.92
    isc Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £4.80
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

broncobill Call  £0.10 £0.25 £7.80
    sanskydo Fold     
    devonfish5 Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £18.00
    Call  £0.35 £1.00 £10.57
    isc Call  £0.30 £1.30 £4.50
    broncobill Call  £0.30 £1.60 £7.50
    Flop

• K

Check     
    isc Check     
    broncobill Check     
    devonfish5 Bet  £0.80 £2.40 £17.20
    Call  £0.80 £3.20 £9.77
    isc Fold     
    broncobill Fold     
    Turn

• Q

Check     
    devonfish5 Bet  £2.40 £5.60 £14.80
    Call  £2.40 £8.00 £7.37
    River

Check     
    devonfish5 Check     
    Show
    • Q

devonfish5 Show
    • Q
    • K

devonfish5 Win Two Pairs, Kings and Queens £7.40  £22.20
  • edited April 2013

won £19.58   WOOOOPEEEE

b/roll  £272.72

c4p  1399 - £13.99 to come

raising up 30p every time even remembered to add on 10p when a player limped in
    c bet nearly every time. bet flop and river when i thought i was good.

ok so apart from the 1st suck out,i ran pretty descent to be fair,but so happy with how i played as it's without doubt m7 best session to date playing not only nl10 but including all my previous efforts at nl4 too.

night off tonight,goint to enjoy the darts..and a BUD  lol

cheers all
    (* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited April 2013
    Hand 2 - I usually go to 4x if someone has posted earlier, I treat it the same as a limper. Flop good, turn good. River go smaller, you make it very hard for someone to call unless they have us beat.

Hand 3 - Bigger on the flop, turn is good. Bet/fold the river.

EDIT: THey're only minor observations, definite improvement in sizing.
  • edited April 2013

cheers Paul

hand 2 i bet i bet, river i'm not 100% sure i'm ahead with top pr q kicker sand opponent only has £5 left so thought allin was best play as i'll bluff him off any better hand and he's called 2 streets so if he calles river...max value.

hand 3  yes i only bet 1/2 pot on flop as i'm against 3 players i've only got top pr q kicker so need to feel where i am.
    yes i should have put in a value bet on river maybe,but i was worried if he shoved what do i do,so hence my check,
    still happy taking down that size pot atm.  lol

• edited April 2013
    Ah my fault Dev, I didn't even look at his stack size in hand 2, think sticking him all in is fine.

For hand 3 (and all hands), you wanna be sizing your c-bet dependent on the board texture (bet more when it's wet). This kinda board smashes a range to just flat call pre, not in terms of them having better hands, but things KJ, KT, QT, JT, JT, Q9, QJ, all them kinda middling hands have either got a pair, pair + draw, or just a draw, and then you've got all the FDs on top of that. If they're gonna call with all these hands that are behind (likely) then we wanna make them make as big a mistake as possible.

If someone is making a little mistake calling 1/2 pot with X equity, then they're making an even bigger mistake calling 3/4 pot. The bigger their mistakes, the more moniez we win.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...I'M BACK.:
    Ah my fault Dev, I didn't even look at his stack size in hand 2, think sticking him all in is fine. For hand 3 (and all hands), you wanna be sizing your c-bet dependent on the board texture (bet more when it's wet). This kinda board smashes a range to just flat call pre, not in terms of them having better hands, but things KJ, KT, QT, JT, JT, Q9, QJ, all them kinda middling hands have either got a pair, pair + draw, or just a draw, and then you've got all the FDs on top of that. If they're gonna call with all these hands that are behind (likely) then we wanna make them make as big a mistake as possible. If someone is making a little mistake calling 1/2 pot with X equity, then they're making an even bigger mistake calling 3/4 pot. The bigger their mistakes, the more moniez we win.
    Posted by Lambert180
    thanks mate,
    got it.
    i was just unsure v 3 opponents best line to take but get what u r saying 3/4 is better tham 1/2 pot.
  • edited April 2013
    another quick session.. 1&1/2 hrs

won £7.22

b/roll £279.94

c4p 1419 = £14.19 to come

2 tables nl10

got off to another bad start, loose player was going aipf alot so i eventually picked up 99 and called him...
    ha shows 10 10.  aaaagh what can you do.
    it was only a 1/2 an allin i lost £4 odd hence my call.

anyway from there on played solid abc stuff.
    hit my 33 to make trips twice actually which both won me some reasonable money.
    all in all very happy with another win to follow on from y'day.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    sat  27/4/13

lost £14.46

b/roll £265.48

c4p 1501 = £15.01 to come

2 tables nl10

played bad ran bad not much else to say.
    i can't control the run but i'm finding it difficult at the moment controlling my emotions and therefore my decision making when i get these sessions.
    i was down about £25 for most of the session but managed to pull some back at the end.
    i'm still going to continue playing nl10 for as long as i can and am enjoying the journey,and the learning process.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Unlucky Dev. These bad sessions will happen from time to time.

You must be putting in some pretty sick volume to have 1.5k points btw from pretty much only 4NL.

Keep your head up, don't let any of the results make you change the things you know to be correct like 3x'ing pre etc. Don't start to think 'oh I never hit sets, so I'm gonna stop limping small PPs' or 'I never get there with my draws so I'm gonna start just check/calling instead of them playing them aggresively'. Play the way you know is correct and if you're playing well, it'll turn round.
  • edited April 2013
    FWIW, you were +19.59 then +7.22 and now -14.46 so you're still up since starting out at 10NL.

Something to remember... even if you absolutely crush the cash tables, you're probably only gonna have winning sessions maybe as high as 60% of the time. Which means every single time you sit down, you have to acknowledge there's an almost 50% chance you're going to lose. Don't go in expecting to obviously, you should always go in positive but you will have nearly as many losing sessions as you do winning ones. The key is to win alot more in your winning ones than you lose in your losing ones.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...I'M BACK...ran bad,played bad...i am bad.:
    FWIW, you were +19.59 then +7.22 and now -14.46 so you're still up since starting out at 10NL. Something to remember... even if you absolutely crush the cash tables, you're probably only gonna have winning sessions maybe as high as 60% of the time. Which means every single time you sit down, you have to acknowledge there's an almost 50% chance you're going to lose. Don't go in expecting to obviously, you should always go in positive but you will have nearly as many losing sessions as you do winning ones. The key is to win alot more in your winning ones than you lose in your losing ones.
    Posted by Lambert180

Just to let you know paul mate. Dev had a £70 losing sess at 10nl last week aswell.

Also mate if your only winning 60% of the time paul PM me mate cos we need to work on your game lol :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...I'M BACK...ran bad,played bad...i am bad.:
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...I'M BACK...ran bad,played bad...i am bad. : Just to let you know paul mate. Dev had a £70 losing sess at 10nl last week aswell. Also mate if your only winning 60% of the time paul PM me mate cos we need to work on your game lol :)
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Ah ok, sorry Dev lol.

That's what I heard with regards to winning/losing sessions. Tbh, I keep track on my spreadsheet and think I've won about 80% of sessions since I started tracking it again but figured that was probably better than normal.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: a new year..a new game...CASH...I'M BACK...ran bad,played bad...i am bad. : Ah ok, sorry Dev lol. That's what I heard with regards to winning/losing sessions. Tbh, I keep track on my spreadsheet and think I've won about 80% of sessions since I started tracking it again but figured that was probably better than normal.
    Posted by Lambert180

TBH mate i was just winding you up :)

I would say 70-80% would be more like it but somewhere in that ball park.

FWIW i win about 23-25 days in each month on average
  • edited April 2013
    Unlucky Dev. These bad sessions will happen from time to time. You must be putting in some pretty sick volume to have 1.5k points btw from pretty much only 4NL. Keep your head up, don't let any of the results make you change the things you know to be correct like 3x'ing pre etc. Don't start to think 'oh I never hit sets, so I'm gonna stop limping small PPs' or 'I never get there with my draws so I'm gonna start just check/calling instead of them playing them aggresively'. Play the way you know is correct and if you're playing well, it'll turn round.
    Posted by Lambert180
    thanks Paul,
    i always try and tell it as i see it,and posting after losing sessions is always going to be emotional,so i probably should leave it untill the next day really,but the quicker it's done the quicker i can learn from it and move on.

it was only £15 i lost and being honest it could have been more.
    i made some mistakes and had a few bad beats but i guess we all get them and i'll have to try and find a better way of dealing with it.

(* *)
       ^
    dev