You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1050 to £2050 challenge/// Diary of a HUSNG Hyper grinder// Current Balance: £1230.2

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I got myself in a bit of a mess. felt the hand was good enough to re-raise pre flop and decided to represent a strong range. flopped really well and carried on the line hoping to hit the flush or K/Q. Thought you might fold most Aces on turn except AK. On the river had the problem where my hand was too strong to check and lose value from but knew you had a few hands that beat me. 

interesting to know what you do if the river is not a Q? Even though it shouldn't change the decision at all.
  • edited May 2013
    I think i would of folded to a jam on the river if i didnt pair up, which is why in hindsight i dont like my call as the q doesnt really change anything, but as your sizing had been so small on flop and turn i was expecting to only have to call another cheap bet on the river maybe like 6 pound or something i would of called, i play alot of HU so im a complete calling station, good to see you have moved up from crushing nl4, how you getting on at nl10?
  • edited May 2013
    I tried to size the bets to set up a river allin - because it was 3 and 4 bet pre-flop I didn't need to bet more than half the pot at any time. The idea was to show strength not weakness :) 

I am up about £50 since moving up - including losing £20 today. A lot of set up hands for me today, hopefully better luck tomorrow!

Oh and a few well timed bluffs that people refused to believe!
  • edited May 2013
    Well you fooled me as i thought it meant weakness, just an unlucky river really. Good luck at the tables say hello if you come on my table tomorrow, will be massively  +ev as i'll be knackered  lol
  • edited May 2013
    12 hours down, half way through havn't had any kind of low yet have a nice 500bb stack so should be up since i sat down, will post any interesting hands when its all finished tomorrow,  one big one was an awfully timed and oversized 4bet against duonross that led to me getting it in with a8s against 10s and getting there which was pretty sick for duonross and awful from me, played some husngs on the side which have gone ok and the main and mini which i couldn't get anywhere on maybe a couple of bad all ins with less than 10bbs.

The plan is to play till 4.30 when the site closes, come back on at 8 and then have the final 8 hours and 45 minutes to do, think that is actually going to be detrimental the 3 and a half hour break as will come back v-tired having switched off for a bit without any momentum, but i'm sure it'll be easy enough just enjoying playing and the challenge of playing for such a sustained period of time, hoping the table runs ok in the morning and doesn't break up too much never really played at that time.
  • edited May 2013
    Just been chucked off the tables for maintenece, 15 hours and 15 minutes down, the last couple of hours was probably the most fun i've ever had at a cash table lots of players donating money and having a laugh in the chatbox, must be really profitable to play this late. Don't even feel that tired, probably helped that it has been a profitable few hours, time to swtich off for 3 and a half hours then back on the grind.

this was a welcome boost late on..
    x
    Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £19.60
    568934 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £28.34
      Your hole cards

duonross Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £35.03
    Tactical Fold        
    hibbert82 Call   £0.40 £0.95 £11.61
    benc Call   £0.40 £1.35 £40.17
    x
    Call   £0.35 £1.70 £19.25
    568934 Raise   £1.20 £2.90 £27.14
    duonross Call   £0.90 £3.80 £34.13
    hibbert82 Call   £0.90 £4.70 £10.71
    benc Call   £0.90 £5.60 £39.27
    x
    Call   £0.90 £6.50 £18.35
    Flop

• J
    • Q

x
    All-in   £18.35 £24.85 £0.00
    568934 Fold        
    duonross Fold        
    hibbert82 Fold        
    benc Call   £18.35 £43.20 £20.92
    x
    Show
    • Q
    • K

benc Show

Turn

• K

River

benc Win Three 6s £41.80   £62.72
  • edited May 2013
    Site only just re-opened after some extra problems during maintenence, back on the tables looking foward to the next 8 hours finish around 6ish, hopefully it will go as smoothly as yesterday, suprised my table filled up so quick as well didn't expect anyone to be on straight away. Going to play a few HUsngs on the side today and hopefully get to 3k in points to reach £45 in rewards which would be nice and closer to my optimistic target of 5000 points.

• edited May 2013
    I started a thread like you ages ago on here asking what was the longest session people had done because I was thinking of doing exactly what you're doing now.

The maintenance thing does suck, that's gonna have messed you up in terms of sitting round for a few hours, probably knackered, before going once more into the breach.

GL, any +£ amount will be good from that kinda grind.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG / 10nl diary...24hour cash session..:
    I started a thread like you ages ago on here asking what was the longest session people had done because I was thinking of doing exactly what you're doing now. The maintenance thing does suck, that's gonna have messed you up in terms of sitting round for a few hours, probably knackered, before going once more into the breach. GL, any +£ amount will be good from that kinda grind.
    Posted by Lambert180
    mmm surely a chance to have a few hours kip no ?
  • edited May 2013
    Had 2 and a half hours kip lol sat and read 2+2 for hour and a half when i woke up refreshing the skypoker page wondering how long the delay would be, doesn't matter really more just proving to ourselves we can grind for a long period time, suprisingly not hit any lull or tiredness- did some long hours when i was finishing c-work so think im used to it, plus much easier when your enjoying playing- only had like one hour and a bit peroid when i got alot of offsuit junk so had to be patient. I should end up in profit barring a lot of coolers in big pots- the standard except for a spell last night when some regs was on has been pretty bad tbh, so easy to get paid off when you make hands, and players in general make it very obvious when they have big hands, the only tough spots i have been in really are levelling wars with duonross because we have played together so much in the past. Have yet to have a £10 loss yet, think i had 5 +£10 pots yesterday, will be interesting to review at the end.
  • edited May 2013
    24 hours completed, still playing at the moment as had a couple of nice hands and built a stack.. yep i'm defo a degen.. gf just told me i'm an addict , can't really disagree with that atm lol . The last few hours were a bit of a slog with some coolers and tilt calls but all in all quite enjoyed the two sessions combined. I will post some hands later/tomorrow probably the biggest loss and win, probably be pretty brutal to look at how awful i played in some of the losses lol
  • edited May 2013

lol bit of a marathon.

And still playing, you must have smashed elkies record.

Also very nice if you show a profit at the end of it. You'll just end up sleeping for 14 hours tonight lol

• edited May 2013
    lol just a standard session for alot of grinders i would imagine, some way to go before i could reach these levels-

Poker star Phil Laak, 37, played live poker for over 115 hours with a net of $6766 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas during the World Series of Poker - setting the new world record.

ps: 14 hours.. thats just a normal student amount of sleep lol
  • edited May 2013
    Come on then Benc, are we gonna get a +/- figure? :)
  • edited May 2013
    lol sorry didn't purposefully swerve, i played main and min last night for £16.50 and 5.75 bh today with the rebuy at half 6 so spent about £25 on them with no return, down on hu sngs as well i think so overall profit will definetly be close to break even or losing. I didn't note my broll at the beggining so not completly sure if im up in cash but would assume so, if it wasnt for a bit of spew this afternoon would be 100% sure lol  it feels like i'm breaking even/slightly up but need to check the tables i have sat on since i started yesterday and work it all out i hope there is a simple way of doing it in the account, be pretty painful if i do see a loss from cash as 90% of players play face up so its v-frustrating when you still pay them off.. i will go over my account and work out exact figures, managed to get to 3k (£45) in reward points which is a bonus and sitting with 500bb still at 10nl still- dont want to leave whilst i feel like im playing well in a good spot, no doubt come back to bite me.
  • edited May 2013
    All i see in my account when i search for cash in my account history since 14th may is aload of funds in and funds out, is there an easier way of working it out?
  • edited May 2013
    Edit* added all +5..
    I'm well aware this isn't an accurate reflection as obv loads of smaller pots, but thought would share them anyway- willwork out all the figures at some point and post them. Couldn't work out how to post these without messing it up so will just show the figures.

Profit hands £5+ during the entire session
            £19.10 
            £10.20 
            £21.46 
            £22.15 
            £20.70 
            £18.70 
            £11.89 
            £10.73
    £9.90

£5.85
    £6.13
    £8.65
    £5.74
    £8.72
    £5.26

Losing hands £5+ interestingly4 of the 5 10+losses came in a just over 2 hour spell- definetly tired/tilt.
            -£11.30 
            -£10.67 
            -£15.90 
            -£23.95 
            -£11.90
    -£6.73

-£7.43
    -£8.70
    -£5.20
    -£8.80

• edited May 2013
    Just finally left the cash table, slowly the decent spot i was in turned into being surrounded by 4 shortstacks and a player who plays about 2 hands an hour lol so probably best to leave before i donate to all of them.

Played some more  HU sngs- they continue to go badly atm, doesn't matter what i do i seem to get outdrawn-lose the flips- lose the aq v a2 type hands- i just can't beat them at the moment even the speed games which are deeper stacked than the turbos i still can't seem to get any consistency and its over a decent sample of games so at a bit of a crisis point with them i guess the change in structure of turbos may have made me lose alot of my edge i don't know- but it's definetly a concern.

Anyway had one last nice pot before i left which paid for yet more hu losses..
    benc Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £48.60
    x
    Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £26.45
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

dolphins72 Fold        
    thecurse1 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £5.48
    lozzer14 Fold        
    benc Raise   £0.45 £0.70 £48.15
    x
    Call   £0.40 £1.10 £26.05
    thecurse1 Call   £0.40 £1.50 £5.08
    Flop

• K

benc Bet   £1.20 £2.70 £46.95
    x
    Call   £1.20 £3.90 £24.85
    thecurse1 Fold        
    Turn

benc Bet   £2.60 £6.50 £44.35
    x
    Call   £2.60 £9.10 £22.25
    River

benc Bet   £7.00 £16.10 £37.35
    x
    Call   £7.00 £23.10 £15.25
    benc Show
    • A
    • K

x
    Muck
    • J
    • K

benc Win Two Pairs, Kings and 2s £21.70   £59.05
  • edited May 2013
    Update: Did some reviewing of the long session- realised that all except one of the losses of +£10 i could and should of got away from, have made some adjustments to my sizing after some input from the clinic and also downloaded aload of videos from deuces cracked using the free 7 day trial a mate reccomended- noticed some glaring leaks in how i was playing which i'm making a conscious effort to improve on now. Had 3 good sessions of profit in a row now which ive made about 7.5 bi total - 4 tabling for a shorter amount of time. Just of the back of a +4bi hour- which i was really pleased with how i played barring one stupid call i made when i was clearly beat- but getting better at not doing that and hopefully soon will be completly cut out or at least a very rare occasion. I want to put in my sessions as i have below each time i play- but sometimes when i reload alot they dont appear in my account and its really hard to work out- anyone know why this might be? when it shows in my account as below its so much easier to work out winnings and losses etc..
    17 May '13 at 15:00 Poker Riverhead £-3.44      
    17 May '13 at 14:55 Poker Master Cash 1 £14.42      
    17 May '13 at 14:54 Poker Master Cash 2 £4.84      
    17 May '13 at 14:54 Poker Helsingborg £24.34
    Best hand of the session:
    x
    Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £5.74
    benc Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £19.19
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

Knuckles Fold        
    westslay23 Fold        
    meandean Fold        
    x
    Call   £0.05 £0.20 £5.69
    benc Raise   £0.30 £0.50 £18.89
    x
    Call   £0.30 £0.80 £5.39
    Flop

• Q
    • K

x
    Bet   £0.10 £0.90 £5.29
    benc Raise   £0.40 £1.30 £18.49
    x
    Call   £0.30 £1.60 £4.99
    Turn

x
    Bet   £0.10 £1.70 £4.89
    benc Raise   £0.90 £2.60 £17.59
    x
    Raise   £1.60 £4.20 £3.29
    benc Call   £0.80 £5.00 £16.79
    River

x
    All-in   £3.29 £8.29 £0.00
    benc Call   £3.29 £11.58 £13.50
    x
    Show
    • J

benc Show
    • J
    • A

benc Win Royal Flush £10.71   £24.21
  • edited May 2013
    welldone on ya 24 hr grind tbh alot of grinders do this 

when the cash for champ thing was on i was up at midday played for 32 hrs str8 taking the odd 10 min break here n there as i was getting backache lol n needed caffine :p
  • edited May 2013

haha not a bad flop!

I've only ever had 2 Royal flushes, one was like the second time i had ever played live, the second was the next week online lol Never happened since, apart from the odd straight flush now and and again.

Very nice hand!

And looks like the cash is really coming on nicely.

I've only played against you a couple of times in cash but you are a really solid player. You have a good style of play, and will easily crush 10nl /20nl.

And from playing you in Turbo games you are really hard to beat. With the turbo games it's most likely just variance, over 1000 games, you would have a big egde on most opponents.  

• edited May 2013
    lol yeah in the summer i want to try and push myself a bit further as having the delay in between meant it wasnt really a complete grind- 32 hours is pretty sick though- well played on your mtt score btw your scope is so consistent how did you go about learning to play mtts?
  • edited May 2013
    u got me wanting to do a 24hr session now lol. although i can barely do 3 hours never mind 24 lol. 

Your AJ hand looks pretty :) 

• edited May 2013
    Cheers larson, yeah i think its my first ever when i have held two of the cards that make up the royal- was trying to find the best way to get paid off wasn't sure about the turn as there is not many hands that will call the raise but i felt i had to build the pot to try get it all on the river and he might hold like a low club that he is willing to go with.I think i have a long way to go before i'm crushing these limits but reading lamberts thread has made it seem doable and i'm working hard to make sure i eventually do, i would definetly reccomend doing the free 7 day trial at dc and downloading aload of vids if your interested in improving your game btw, maybe see you at the tables soon.
  • edited May 2013
    cheers m8  

basically self taught i used to watch late nite poker back in the day altho im 31 kinda old now for poker player started when i was about 20 just watch alot of videos on you  tube etc always watching 861 helps ya with the basic stuff i just find in mtts basic abc ya do well play tight early stages try not to play for stacks as u cant win a mtt in early stages but u can lose it playing in position is key in the mid - late stages min raising pre on the button etc stealing blinds and if they call ya gonna win alot of times as it norm goes check u bet they fold 

nothing flarey to my game just do the basics ok i think always keeping the eye on the table for the crazy maniac to try n play pots with :)
  • edited May 2013
    Don i imagine you need all the sleep you can get with the new baby around- still if your ever interested after the end of may let me know and i will join you on a marathon session- just need to get these exams out the way and i can spend all summer camped up in a dark room grinding the lower limits, perfect summer lol
  • edited May 2013
    You make it sound so easy idcu lol cheers for the advice though, nothing better than a big mtt score.
  • edited May 2013
    thats coz it is easy its basic stuff :)

just dnt do anything flarey abc poker is the way 

patience aswell if i get bored like a idid last nite in the 3k rebuy 12 min blinds i usually get inpatient n play more hands i should i just play 3 dyms on the side soon nitted me upas i have the dym mode in my head :)

yeah ya right there nowt better feeling then running deep in a mtt :)

• edited May 2013
    like when u see the highlights of a big poker tourney u only see the big hands that clash n all the 5 betting light etc u dnt see the other 10 hrs of just folding alot etc 
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah you definitely wanna get a better way of tracking your cash results imo. I've got a spreadsheet I used that I can email you if ya want, just message me on Skype if you want it.

If you enter your profit, number of tables and time playing it'll automatically work out your winrate for the session, cumulative winrate once yuo've made more than 1 session and lots of other stuff.

Easiest way to check profit is just check your balance pre session, write it in notepad or whatever, and then check at the end.

WP on yuor 24 hour grind btw, might do one of them myself soon. Reckon 24 hours might get me half way to Priority or not far off.