You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1050 to £2050 challenge/// Diary of a HUSNG Hyper grinder// Current Balance: £1230.2

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Another decent hour and a bit, was planning on playing longer but lost a decent pot in a 3bet pot with KK where i levelled myself against a guy who had literally just sat down so instead of tilting and donating i thought i would just have a rest as have played alot of cash lately, still a good bit of profit which makes for another good day of profit and now +£200 since i started the spreadsheet the other day. Going to watch motd and maybe play an mtt if i'm bored.

Session 2:
    Hours: 1 hour 40 minutes
    Tables: 3/4
    Profit:£25.02

Day total:
    Hours: 3 hours 10 minutes
    Profit:£68.25

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash 10nl + diary.:
    Another decent hour and a bit, was planning on playing longer but lost a decent pot in a 3bet pot with KK where i levelled myself against a guy who had literally just sat down so instead of tilting and donating i thought i would just have a rest as have played alot of cash lately, still a good bit of profit which makes for another good day of profit and now +£200 since i started the spreadsheet the other day. Going to watch motd and maybe play an mtt if i'm bored. Session 2: Hours: 1 hour 40 minutes Tables: 3/4 Profit:£25.02 Day total: Hours: 3 hours 10 minutes Profit:£68.25
    Posted by benc
    Hey Ben

So you ditched hu then? I thought your mindset and discipline was perfect for hu tbh, but I have to say the game seems tougher these days than a few years back. I've never dabled in nl10, but £200 is pretty spectacular going indeed it would be a good return for nl30. My BR is around £1k now, mainly through playing cash and mtt's and I am determined not to tilt it off this time! 

The smaller field mtt's on sky are like 2 or 3 table sng's tbh and exploitable. I personally take more pleasure through beating 20 or 30 other runners to win £50-70 rather than winning  a cash pot of this size. More variance yes, but as with sngs volume is key.

Will be interesting to see how your cash journey progresses.

• edited May 2013
    Hey Ace, yeah giving the HU a rest for the moment they were driving me crazy i was on the verge of going on some the rants you are famous for and when i get to that stage i know i need to give it a rest lol The profit from the last few days included the odd table of 20nl mastercash so it's not solely from 10nl as i won a couple of decent pots ont hem tables as well. I am going to give Cash a real go over the coming months even if i show a loss after a month or so should be an interesting journey whatever happens. If you see me taking a shot at 100nl chasing losses at any point rant at me untill i leave lol

Today i got my comeuppance from the poker gods, the great spell had to end eventually and it did quite abruptly. I played two sessions of 3 10nl and 1 20nl tables, i think i limited my losses quite well on reflection but a review of the hand history might tell a different story i may post a fair few of the hands to see what others think. I kept having to make folds on the river when in spots where long term i think i'm value betting and being paid off, plus a couple of coolers and 1 ill timed bluff against a station who i thought i could fold out having noted he liked to minbet leadout when he is very weak, suffice to say he found a big call on both the turn and the river with middle pair- exactly the type of hand i felt i was going to fold out but i guess if you are hammering away at someone with bets they are going to call eventually with junk and you have to make sure you turn up with the goods once you get them to that point so a mistake from me.

Also played 1 5.50 dym which i got it in with top pair v a check raise jam A high no draw- they hit there A on the turn, two 5,75 bhs which i got it in kk v ak for what would of been a big chip lead andl lost, then Js to AK int he other standard flip can't complain about that just nature of mtts.

I expect quite big swings with the way i play so will have to get used to sessions like this happening every so often, today i felt most of the losses were unavoidable and could of been made alot worse by making some sigh calls that i would probably of made not so long ago, i'm planning to get another session in later and hopefully can book a win however small. The figures below are purely cash, quite an expensive morning/afternoon when the dym and mtts are factored in but still well in profit +145 on cash so have to look at the bigger picture as it all averages out.

Session 1:
    Hours: 1
    Profit/loss: -£30.41

Session 2:
    Hours: 1 hour 30 minutes
    Profit loss:-£47.21
  • edited May 2013

hi benc,

sorry to see todays results mate,but looks like you are taking it well,which is a good sign.
    all about the long term and you are crushing it atm,so wouldn't read to much into today,even though it still hurts.
    another winning session later and it'll all be forgotten.

I've found the best way to deal with any loss is to think about how i'll be doing by the end of the month,
    and not about how I do every session.
    as long as I feel I played ok then that's all that matters.if the cards are against me,i can't change that.
    if I run bad and play bad I get annoyed with myself but only for a short while.
    there's always another winning session just around the corner...well that's what I tell myself anyway.  lol

gl laters
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Right 2-3 hands from the session, i feel like these lotsses are pretty standard and not down to making massive mistakes, the a10 hand i think i messed my sizing up a bit pre should of been a bit larger and sizing along the streets not quite right but not a big mistake i don't think. The 85 was a tough one but against this oppo i think have to fold after the aggression i have shown i think i'm beat by too much- too tight a fold possibly. Then finally the ak hand i think i played fine and oppo made a bad call on the turn and got lucky.

Hand 1- i think this ok, i maybe get raised by sets here but i didn't feel like i was winning enough of the time to call- too many better straights- flushes that got there.
    vinnybhoy Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £39.10
    benc Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £49.07
      Your hole cards

DEFOE007 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £39.60
    spearsy136 Fold        
    x
    Call   £0.20 £0.70 £35.50
    garreb3431 Call   £0.20 £0.90 £33.00
    vinnybhoy Fold        
    benc Check        
    Flop

benc Check        
    DEFOE007 Bet   £0.20 £1.10 £39.40
    x
    Call   £0.20 £1.30 £35.30
    garreb3431 Fold        
    benc Raise   £1.60 £2.90 £47.47
    DEFOE007 Fold        
    x
    Call   £1.40 £4.30 £33.90
    Turn

• J

benc Bet   £3.80 £8.10 £43.67
    roy4amy x
      £3.80 £11.90 £30.10
    River

benc Bet   £6.00 £17.90 £37.67
    x
    Raise
      £17.95 £35.85 £12.15
    benc Fold        
    x
    Muck        
    x
    Win   £22.70   £34.85
    x
    Return   £11.95 £1.20 £46.80
    Hand 2: Again didn't feel like i could do much else in this hand, i think i bet the turn big enough to get rid of that type of holding normally so am getting some good value.
    x
    Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £39.90
    benc Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £39.80
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

x
    Raise   £0.50 £0.80 £39.40
    benc Raise   £1.80 £2.60 £38.00
    x
    Call   £1.40 £4.00 £38.00
    Flop

• K

benc Bet   £2.60 £6.60 £35.40
    x
    Call   £2.60 £9.20 £35.40
    Turn

• A

benc Bet   £6.00 £15.20 £29.40
    x
    Call   £6.00 £21.20 £29.40
    River

benc Bet   £7.00 £28.20 £22.40
    x Call   £7.00 £35.20 £22.40
    benc Show
    • K
    • A

x Show

x Win Flush to the King £34.20   £56.60
    Hand 3: this is the hand i'm least sure about- think if i'm going to play it i need to go slightly bigger pre and maybe bigger on the turn. To this oppo i nearly levelled myself into a call as i know he is a v-good player that is capable of getting me off some hands,  but found the fold which i think is right, i think a7s- 7s full 10s full make up most of his range here, and although that is very narrow i felt that he would turn up with them hands more than he would a bluff, as hands like AQ- etc he would just call rather than turn into a bluff.
    benc Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £42.15
    x
    Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £40.10
    patmac1947 Sit out        
      Your hole cards
    • A

NoNutzzz Fold        
    DEFOE007 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £20.80
    benc Raise   £0.70 £1.20 £41.45
    x
    Call   £0.60 £1.80 £39.50
    DEFOE007 Call   £0.60 £2.40 £20.20
    Flop

• A

benc Bet   £2.05 £4.45 £39.40
    x
    Call   £2.05 £6.50 £37.45
    DEFOE007 Fold        
    Turn

benc Bet   £4.60 £11.10 £34.80
    x
    Call   £4.60 £15.70 £32.85
    River

benc Bet   £9.00 £24.70 £25.80
    x
    All-in   £32.85 £57.55 £0.00
    benc Fold        
    x
    Muck        
    x
    Win   £32.01   £32.01
    x
    Return   £23.85 £1.69 £55.86
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks Dev, yeah atm my focus is purely on the overall profit in my spreadsheet i actually came out of todays session feeling quite positive which sounds strange, but i genuinely think i would of spewed off alot more in the past probably calling in one of the two spots i found a fold in above. Cash is a swingy game when your multitabling especially playing 200bbs on most of them, have to take the rough with the smooth just hope it doesn't turn into a sustained run of losses as then it is harder to keep the confidence going.

p.s. you seem to be having a bit of an identity crisis atm lol i have no idea why i use the avatar i have just messed around putting loads of different ones on once then stayed with it. Any reasons for the change?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash 10nl + diary.:
    Hey Ace, yeah giving the HU a rest for the moment they were driving me crazy i was on the verge of going on some the rants you are famous for and when i get to that stage i know i need to give it a rest lol The profit from the last few days included the odd table of 20nl mastercash so it's not solely from 10nl as i won a couple of decent pots ont hem tables as well. I am going to give Cash a real go over the coming months even if i show a loss after a month or so should be an interesting journey whatever happens. If you see me taking a shot at 100nl chasing losses at any point rant at me untill i leave lol Today i got my comeuppance from the poker gods, the great spell had to end eventually and it did quite abruptly. I played two sessions of 3 10nl and 1 20nl tables, i think i limited my losses quite well on reflection but a review of the hand history might tell a different story i may post a fair few of the hands to see what others think. I kept having to make folds on the river when in spots where long term i think i'm value betting and being paid off, plus a couple of coolers and 1 ill timed bluff against a station who i thought i could fold out having noted he liked to minbet leadout when he is very weak, suffice to say he found a big call on both the turn and the river with middle pair- exactly the type of hand i felt i was going to fold out but i guess if you are hammering away at someone with bets they are going to call eventually with junk and you have to make sure you turn up with the goods once you get them to that point so a mistake from me. Also played 1 5.50 dym which i got it in with top pair v a check raise jam A high no draw- they hit there A on the turn, two 5,75 bhs which i got it in kk v ak for what would of been a big chip lead andl lost, then Js to AK int he other standard flip can't complain about that just nature of mtts. I expect quite big swings with the way i play so will have to get used to sessions like this happening every so often, today i felt most of the losses were unavoidable and could of been made alot worse by making some sigh calls that i would probably of made not so long ago, i'm planning to get another session in later and hopefully can book a win however small. The figures below are purely cash, quite an expensive morning/afternoon when the dym and mtts are factored in but still well in profit +145 on cash so have to look at the bigger picture as it all averages out. Session 1: Hours: 1 Profit/loss: -£30.41 Session 2: Hours: 1 hour 30 minutes Profit loss:-£47.21
    Posted by benc

Do you know I am a normal level headed human being until I start playing poker (well nearly) and it turns me into a deranged nutter.

I found some really good rebuy mtts on party, and jj/dohhh has introduced me to stars.fr. I just wish sky would run more but seem to be banging my head against a brick wall. Did you know JJ sounds and acts just like karl pilkington out of an idiot abroad! Theres your thought for the day. 

• edited May 2013
    Hand 3 you played well imo, ul.
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for feedback Splashies.

Finished another 45 minute session, cut it short early- played awful donated someone £22 on a bluff at 20nl tried repping a monster got called down by top pair mediocre kicker, no complaints just silly trying stupid bluffs when i havnt got solid reads they will fold to aggression unless they have very strong holdings, should probably avoid 20nl 200bb deep for the minute whilst i'm trying to be a hero. Then at 10nl two of my tables i decided to go into calling mode when i got raised on the river multiple times probably because of earlier- they can't always have it right?, each time i called i had in fact been rivered and they would show up with the flush/straight then right at the end of the session i get raised in exact same situation on the river so i make the lay down and an oppo shows the bluff, minutes before he had rivered a flush and put in the same raise- so wp, the show hurt lol but at least it made me stop. No more poker today, start afresh tomorrow. 100 swing either way over the course of a 2-3 days at 10nl and 20nl need to nit up!

Session 3:
    Hours: 45 minutes
    Profit/Loss: £-38.17
  • edited May 2013
    Managed to book a win, will keep it short. i know i said i wouldn't be on untill tomorrow, but we all knew that was never going to be the case only thing that gets me through revision is sitting folding 99.9% of hands at nl10 lol, Regged two mtts and was just going to chill out play and them, the first one a £5,50 £200 guarenteed within about  10 hands i 3bet KK oppo hits trip 2s on the turn with q2o gg, so im saddled with the £2.20 deepstack which one tabling after recently 4 tabling in all my sessions was just a drag so loaded up 10nl and got playing determined to end the night on a positive, managed to win 2-3 decent pots- the river was still being unkind but luckily only in small pots which is an improvement on earlier.

Session 4:
    Hours: 1 hour 15 minutes
    Tables (4 10nl)
    Profit:£14.49

Overall profit on cash stands at £122.01, had a horrid couple of sessions earlier but if i was offered even half of this profit on friday morning i would of snapped it off. Lets hope i got my horrid session out the way and can start the week well. c4p is 3934, if i can get around 100ish points a day until the end of may wil hit the 5k target which i thought was unrealistic. Maybe as that is bonus money i will take a shot at a 50nl mc table or a big tournament or something- cue a waiting list the size the site has never seen.

• edited May 2013
    Summary for the day, i'm going to start updating at the end of the day with an overall summary rather than constantly updating throughout the day whilst i have alot of time, as i don't want to clog up the top of the forum and it is probably quite annoying to see the same diary at the top of the forum for those who are not interested.

Morning i played awful, i overplayed every draw i had, made a stupid 4bet and overbet jam on flop which a fellow reg made a good call against. I think i have problems playing 100bb atm as due so much experience playing 200bb deep at 10nl i think i'm in a shortstack mindset and thus overplay hands- will sort that out though. Anyway i played 4 tables at 10nl 2mc and had a loss of £46.91 in an hour and a half, which really at 10nl is just pure spew if your not even getting coolered alot. Also played about 7 husngs where i lost another £20,don't know why i thought it would be good to play a game i have no confidence in after losing alot on cash, standard donk-logic, anyway i ran hurrendously in about 6 games at 5.25 turbos so played 1 £10 hyper- gg btw mariusz i actually don't mind losing the odd one to you in brutal fashion, have alot of respect for the amount of grinding you do at them games takes some discipline.

Decided to put a decent grind in tonight so i played 4 hours between 7.30-11.30 as i saw joe stapleton was on the channel so thought would be good to watch that, only two tabled 10nl mastercash whilst playing the main and mini, busted the main but cashed in 16th in the mini with couple of bountys to pay for them with a tiny profit. Cash went much better, i think playing the mtts helped me stay patient, ended up +£51.47 across the two tables which was great as it meant i made back the money i donated earlier.

so nice to book a small win in cash after the -4.5bi start of the day, maybe soon i will have a spell of nice small wins rather than being so swingy. Still i'm trying to drum it into myself not to be too connected to each sessions results and just take account of the overall profit and the average per session across them all which is very good so far, i'm sure i will get better mentally with this as i gain more experience of grinding cash regularly.

Overall today for cash
    Hours: 5 hours 45 minutes
    Profit: £4.56

Just to highlight the swings so far- all of my sessions profits/loss. Highest point i hit was £223, the lowest was £75. Cutting out the 20nl 200bb tables for the minute should mean the figures are not so large, but still is an interesting period of adapting to what i imagine are quite regular ups and downs in cash,

Overall profit stands at : +£126.57

<
    £40.16
    -£10.29
    £24.47
    £16.84
    £83.88
    £43.23
    £25.02
    -£30.41
    -£47.21
    -£38.17
    £14.49
    -£46.91
    £51.47
    Average profit/loss per session is +£9.73p atm, with the average session length being 1 hour 50 minutes.

• edited May 2013
    Hi benc.

Nice reed as usual and a very nice start to your cash journey.

It really was brutal the way you lost a game with me (J7>AA and A3>AQ if i remember correctly). Like I said in the chat box I was running very bad untill that moment and suddenly got super lucky against you and then went on a 9 wins in a row streak after. Funny how it can change so quickly sometimes. Maybe when youre running bad the key is to find someone who is running even worse??

I don't grind this month as much. The first reason is that with the new C4P there is no reason to try and push to get to priority . Getting 5k-7k points is the best for me atm.
    Second reason is that I'm quite busy at work + my wife is 33 weeks pregnant so spending more time with her and getting ready for arrival of our little angel :) Guess soon I won't get time to play almost at all... We shall see.

GL at the tables
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for the post, anytime you are on a bad run in the hypers search me out and i'm sure i can turn that around for you very quickly lol, i do agree though funny with them games how one bit of luck can suddenly change your fortunes- suddenly your more positive maybe trust your instincts and have confidence in making the right decisions more consistentl, start winning a few more flips and its an easy game again. Good luck at the tables, if anything the upcoming arrival of a new child is a great excuse to grind, get up in the night to feed them/ get in a quick hour grinding the hypers whilst doing so... lol
  • edited May 2013
    Well, thats what I'm hoping for and why I switched from MTT's to HU hypers. Won't have time to play a few hours MTT and with hypers can always stop session any time...

By the way, had one of the worst and most brutal sessions. Where were you to change my run bad?? LOL Whenever you think that finally youre running ok, then session like this happens and boom, you're just slapped in your face and put back on the ground.
    How many times your KK or QQ can loose to A rag?? All of them!!! When they call a shove for 15BB with 75o what flop will come?? 689!!! Sigh Played plenty of them but still struggle sometimes with a run like this. 
    Anyway, have to go to work now (probably a good thing) - the things will have to change eventually...
  • edited May 2013
    "How many times your KK or QQ can loose to A rag?? All of them!!! When they call a shove for 15BB with 75o what flop will come?? 689!!! Sigh Played plenty of them but still struggle sometimes with a run like this".

This is similar to my train of thought when i play like 3 husngs atm, drives me crazy whereas before i coped with it better in a spell of like 15 games and if it continued then went to go a bit crazy. They really can be killer them games, still you have proven you beat them long term so keep playing your game and it will all average out ...( after about 50,000 games) lol

Speaking of husngs, i played 3 omaha £2.10s to kill some time earlier beforei had to go somehwere lost them all didnt expect any different really i know i'm a station at omaha , then won 3 £5.25 turbos in a row, then lost 3 in a row- even after i won the first 3 i was just waiting for something to happen that was consistent with how i feel i run in them atm, sort of like a ridiculous confirmation bias that i am the unluckies person in the world even though ive won 3 out of 4  - clearly a mindset issue. I wasn't planning on playing any but they are very convenient so will hopefully just gradually regain confidence 1 game at a time when i do feel the urge.
  • edited May 2013
    Today i ended up playing a few husngs, managed to win 10 out of 12 10.50 speed husngs, it felt good to have a decent streak in them as its been a while since i felt i had an edge over my opponents but after the first 4 games i felt like i was going to win when the game started which is refreshing compared to recently where even when i got it in super dominating my opponent i would pretty much predict there miracle card coming out. So was very happy with that and a nice bankroll booster.

Cash i only played an hour of today between 10-11, was a decent hour managed to stack a regs KK with a monster draw- finally! bricked the turn but hit the river after gettting in otf. Basically i opened j7s for 30p nitreg goes to 1.10, is it ok to call the 3bet in position knowing if i flop huge i am stacking them, we were playing 100bb behind, i think with 200bb its definetly fine so long as don't get connected to a marginal hand like flopping top pair and facing pot cbets ( j high flop is an insta fold in this situation to a cbet)- is this bad long term with 100bb against really nitty regs when you know there range is pretty much qq-kk-aa?

Hours:1
    Tables: 3 10nl
    Profit: £16.14

Nice to book another win for the day and overall a very good day having regained a bit of confidence at husngs, main concentration is cash but it's nice to add a table on the side every so often when getting a bit bored.
  • edited May 2013
    Very nice streak indeed!

And well done on cash, another successful day,

Hows the studying going?
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers mate, studying is going ok thanks motivation could be better but close to the exams i normally find it easier to really get my head down for long hours. Well done on your decent results today btw will be keeping up to date with your results.

Quick question to anyone knowledgeable about pcs, i'm getting a monitor soon for free as i have some credit left over on a scheme my uni do so figured could be useful for poke, is it a simple process linking up my laptop screen to be displayed on the monitor screen? i have no idea with these type of things. Also if the screen is larger will i be able to fit more tables on there its all quite confusing to me- will the monitor just literally show what is on my laptop screen but in a bigger size, or will the higher resolution mean i'm able to fit lots more omn the other screen.
  • edited May 2013
    Only played a v-short cash session tonight, really feel like i should play when i'm in the mood to put a long session and fancied playing a few mtts so put in an hour then regged aload of mtts. Bust all the mtts, nothing out of the ordinary kept dusting my stack off. Played HU earlier on in between revision went really well which is why i decided to play aload of mtts this evening, but then ended the evening by losing 4 in a row in pretty sickening circumstances- just when i thought i was getting back into my groove ahh well it goes in spells and my spreadsheet tells me i'm up at hu since i started it on the 17th so shouldn't be too negative.

Cash was ok 10nl i cudnt pick up any hands so just kept cbet folding,played 1 20nl m/c after my decent hu spell earlier on- started well with a decent pot, but slowly dwindled down a bit then was involved in a big pot that i lost all my initial profit on but was really happy they played the hand on tv in  the poker clinic and saw it was the right decision folding a4 two pair on quite a safe board to a set of 4s- possibly not long term- but with reads i slightly swayed towards the fold and although it was very marginal either way i'm glad it was the right decision in that specific circumstance, got free entry to the mini promo on sunday for winning the top question so will enjoy freerolling that.

sessions: 1
    Hours:1
    Tables 3 (2 10nl, 1 20nl)
    Profit/loss: -£8,17

• edited May 2013
    Played a longish session tonight, from about 8.30-11.30 i 2 tabled 20nl m/c and played the mini, came 25th or something in the mini for a second cash this week, a rather annoying exit though monster stack limps, i'm in the bb with 610o so check, flop comes a106 rainbow monster stack bets so i jam he snaps me off with a6 gg lol.

Cash i did initially sit at 10nl m/c but was filled with nit-regs and shortstacks and after 5 hours of revision that wasn't my idea of fun so decided to spread £80 across two nl20 mc tables with some unknowns rather than £60 on 4 10nl tables. Was a bit of a grind, managed to come out with a profit though. Then decided i would stop after 3 hours and play the 11pm £11 bh witht he mini profit, got in 99 against sme aggro guy who jammed over my open, probably a stupid call in an mtt but was hoping to happily take a flip and have a stack to play with.

Played 3 HU 5.25 games and won them all to win the buyin back with a little more and overall had a decent night, feel like i'm progressing well in all 3 forms of the game and HU i'm slowly getting there again. Looking foward to this time next week when i get my exams out the way.

P.s anyone watch much of the game that was running at 2000nl earlier, was good entertainment saw some pretty sick hands- totp will definetly be a good watch whenever it's next on.

Sessions: 1
    Hours: 3
    Tables:2 (20nl mc)
    Profit:£10.62

As it is a week since i started tracking properly i will give an overall summary.

17/05/13 - 24/05/13

Cash: £145.16
    Heads up: £38.10
    Mtts: -£68.10
    C4p: +£68 (4533points)
    Total (excluding c4p): £115.16 -

I'm very happy with that considering i spent alot more than i should of on mtts this week, alot were in one evening where i decided to have a night off from other formats. Even so i will maybe set a budget for mtts of like £25 max a week- or use any hu profit to pay for mtt entries will have a think about that.

• edited May 2013
    Watched champions league final tonight, knew i wouldn't concentrate on poker if i multitabled so just play the odd hu game throughout that, then had 2 hours of cash at 20nl m/c with a bunch of randoms was good fun! lol couple of classic lines in the chatbox, guy with a high flush decides to flat the river against another guys set of 10s, stating it would of been greedy to raise- you can join me on the tables anytime kind sir lol

I lost 20 early on i  a couple of hands that couldn't of  been avoided luckily both only had 10 behind, then won a monster pot in a 3bet pot against a guy i have alot of history at hypers with, got some chatbox abuse off him- replied by telling him the money he has donated to me on hypers is paying for my holidays soon kept him quiet lol, so yeah a good couple of hours. Found out i'm defo getting a monitor next week so as soon as exams out the way time to grind cash properly, shame the promo doesn't run a bit longer never been on such a soft table it played like a freeplay table. I also made £1.25 from hu, really really standard session win one, lose one in sequence a few times, better than losing the majority though which i probably would of done a couple of weeks ago  and i wasn't tilting so progress.

Sessions: 1
    Hours: 2
    Tables: 1(20nl m/c)
    Profit: £13.92

• edited May 2013
    Pretty much as soon as i sat down, NH! - these are the situations when i always look at the positive and think well thats £30 gained as if they are full stacked they are taking alot more.
    Z
    Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £48.56
    benc Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £39.80
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

x Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £9.40
    hr1966 Fold        
    moose28970 Fold        
    Z
    Fold        
    benc Raise   £1.60 £2.30 £38.20
    x All-in   £9.40 £11.70 £0.00
    benc Call   £8.00 £19.70 £30.20
    benc Show
    • K
    • K

Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• Q

x
    Win Four Queens £18.71   £18.71
    This was oppo who i have a bit of history with at hypers- never seen them at a cash table though, i know i can showdown light sometimes but this is ridiculous... cue him telling me to f/o and a cxnt lol

hr1966 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £11.75
    moose28970 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £15.27
    SpawnyGit Sit out        
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Z
    Raise   £1.00 £1.30 £47.86
    benc Raise   £3.80 £5.10 £36.83
    deller88 Fold        
    hr1966 Fold        
    moose28970 Fold        
    Z
    Call   £2.80 £7.90 £45.06
    Flop

• Q

Z
    Check        
    benc Bet   £6.00 £13.90 £30.83
    Z
    Raise   £12.00 £25.90 £33.06
    benc All-in   £30.83 £56.73 £0.00
    Z
    Call   £24.83 £81.56 £8.23
    Z
    Show
    • A

benc Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

• A

benc Win Three Aces £79.76   £79.76

• edited May 2013
    Didn't play any cash today, untill........

26 May '13 at 23:13
    Poker Master Cash HU 1 £-50.46  
    Pretty brutal really, had a decent day playing husngs in between revision then again later this evening, guy sits down rematches me a few times at 10s standard structure i feel i have a huge edge over him in standard HU think i won 4 out of 6, 1 of which was defo a cooler and the other a flip- anyway he suggests 100nl i said i'm not rolled for it plus these guys are never normally serious- just give you the chat when you lose a couple anyway so seeing a very profitable oppurtunity arising i decide to offer 50nl HU- i don't have alot of experience but i feel like i can afford to take a +ev gamble here.

Match is pretty standard so far he just 3x and barrells 3/4 pot near enough every hand, pick up a couple of decent hands both ways and are about even. Then i get JJ put the 3 bet in, flop 10high, he donk bets(had been doing this quite weak in our sngs) i raise he jams fairly quickly- bear in mind this guy had been playing top pair like the nuts all night i have to get it in i think, he flips a set of 10s gg. I insta left the table, took my shot it didn't go as planned, i like to think i could off won it back and more but i allowed myself the 1 shot and could easily do alot of damge by playing on. No regrets though have to take shots occasionally and unfortunately this one didn't work out.

• edited May 2013
    Hey Ben,

Unlucky with your Jack's hand, it sounds like you have a massive edge on this guy.

The 4 games you won against him, mitigates the £50 cash game loss. A guy done that to me last week, i had beat him 6 out of 7 then he challenged me to a £10 HU cash game. I would have easily, but the rake kills it at HU cash, at lower stakes anyway. One time i was playing a guy at 4nl, just 2 of us on the tables,after about 20 mins, i was wondering why our stacks were both going right down!

You took a chance, and this time it didn't pay off. Good luck! And all the best with the studying, only a few more days 2 go!
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers Larson, yeah thats why i didn't offer to go stakes i usually would play hu cash nl20-nl10 as rake is just a killer and it would of probably been more beneficial to carry on at sng if he would hang around kinda felt he was getting fed up of sng and once you have caught the fish you don't want to lose them .. although his the one laughing now he is up on me lol

This little spell over last hour made me feel better, a good sign after losing a big cash pot that i can keep my head together and grind it back, good to have a nice spell in husng again.
    27 May '13 at 00:40 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    27 May '13 at 00:30 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    27 May '13 at 00:26 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    27 May '13 at 00:25 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    27 May '13 at 00:19 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    27 May '13 at 00:02 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £-5.25 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    26 May '13 at 23:58 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    26 May '13 at 23:53 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £-5.25 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    26 May '13 at 23:47 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    26 May '13 at 23:42 Poker Heads-Up (Turbo) £4.75 £0.00 Internet Hand History
  • edited May 2013
    lol nice1!

Fancy some HU Games, best of 3?
  • edited May 2013
    Ok- reg at 12.55 and ill search you.
  • edited May 2013
    Quick update, played HU sporadically throughout the day at 5,25, bit of two tabling at some points which i'm comfortable doing now i've regained a bit of confidence. With revision i havn't and wont have time to put in long cash sessions so have been content with the odd 20 mins- half hour in breaks.

I won 17 out of 27 today,  and now +£105.60 from 148 hu games since i began the spreadsheet on 17th may. I feel i'm adapting much better now to the players who really don't have a clue, was maybe overplaying after my break overcomplicating things against certain player types when i didn't need too- adapting to each opponent individually is so important HU and i had kind of lost my way with that- i.e trying to make players fold in spots i thought would 100% getting a fold without taking into consideration they would call with any piece of the board, but i'm slowly getting there again and hope to consistently show some good results over a large sample again.
  • edited May 2013

Great good to see it's back on track.

You played really well last night. It was pretty sick the AQ vrs QQ hand, where i spiked an ace.

I was playing really bad too, like when i called your all in with Ace 9, of course you are sitting with J9 very well played indeed.

17 out of 27 is really impressive, keep the run good going!

• edited May 2013
    lol when the hands were shown the A was always coming and tbh the a9 call isn't as bad as you made out, i'm really not going to be value jamming many hands in that spot with how i played the hand- river was perfect to make it look really bluffy,having the hero call in your armoury isn't a bad thing HU as i'm sure you know. Our games are good fun more testing than the majority of games i have against reg opponents at 5.25.