You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1050 to £2050 challenge/// Diary of a HUSNG Hyper grinder// Current Balance: £1230.2

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Thanks, not so much at cash i just can't find the fold button as much as i should, try to be a bit unorthodox but it probably does me more harm than good at nl10. Gl at the tables, not long untill the promo is over and you will get a nice bonus to the roll for your weeks work.
  • edited June 2013

haha well done on 6/7, very nice indeed!

And again some more impressive results.

Mate could you tell me HU Stats from 17th May

Thank you:D

• edited June 2013
    Cheers mate, always nice to bump into my favourite hu reg/semireg he likes rematching me so no doubt he will have his day against me soon, and no problem I will post the stats in your diary in a minute.
  • edited June 2013

if things keep going as they are ben i might be soon moving up the tables again.
    at the minute i generally play 4-5nl4 and a 5paction table.
    would having 1 nl5-10p table with 3-4 nl2-4p tables cause much confusion

• edited June 2013
    Keep up the good work both on the cash tables and with the HU. Do you have any plans to move up to 20nl in the near future?

Oh, and whats the name of your fav reg haha.....I could do with some easy money!
  • edited June 2013
    @Craig there is no rush to move up mate, it was just last week that you were having a bad spell you did some work on reviewing and improving and its paying off. If you were too do so i would reccomend just slowly implement 1ing table of 8nl or 10nl plsu all your nl4 and action tables and go from there, i reckon you should try get to 300-350 before thinking about adding nl10 tables just as i know you like to play aggressive and multitable.

@Waller thanks i'm doing my best lol i will be adding 20nl tables after the promo to my cash grind barring a catastrophic loss beforehand 10nl is a bit of a grind with the same guys day in day out the majority of which always have it, although i'm guessing 20nl won't be much different i have played a bit there in the past and i can at least think of 5-6 players who like to play poker rather than sit and wait for the nuts. In regards to my favourite reg it would be bad form to name them, maybe you will be lucky enough to meet at the tables one day lol

Just put in a straight 7 hour grind 9 tabling for the most of it, was a v-swingy session i think i had like 300bb stacks on most tables by the end of the session  and i wasn't even sure if i was up untill i just worked it out, 1.3bis is a good feeling could easily of been -5, felt like putting in a grind today, might do 3-4 more hours later but need a break and some dinner before even thinking about loading up the 10nl tables again, will post a couple of the biggest hands in a min, had my fair share of luck and coolers really.

Today Cash
    Session:1
    Hours:7
    Tables: 7-9 10nl with the odd 8nl when 10nl wasnt running
    Profit:£13.11

Cash week total: £70.90
  • edited June 2013
    This was my biggest loss of the session, the 3bet wasn't meant to be so large i was involved in 3 other hands and just managed to click pot lol still pretty sick the way it ended up playing out..
    x
    Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £18.62
    Cash_Daddy Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.34
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

davidker17 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £4.11
    Thoich Fold        
    benc Raise   £0.40 £0.65 £22.92
    rekoob Fold        
    x
    Raise   £1.55 £2.20 £17.07
    Cash_Daddy Fold        
    davidker17 Fold        
    benc Raise   £6.00 £8.20 £16.92
    x
    Call   £4.80 £13.00 £12.27
    Flop

x
    Check        
    benc All-in   £16.92 £29.92 £0.00
    x
    All-in   £12.27 £42.19 £0.00
    benc Unmatched bet   £4.65 £37.54 £4.65
    x
    Show
    • K
    • K

benc Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

• K

River

x
    Win Three Kings £36.14   £36.14
    And this was one of the more enjoyable hands of the session:
    benc Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £21.14
    Thoich Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £29.98
      Your hole cards
    • J

x
    Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £20.10
    BRAHER Fold        
    floody1984 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £5.70
    benc Call   £0.25 £1.00 £20.89
    Thoich Fold        
    Flop

• K

benc Check        
    x
    Check        
    floody1984 Bet   £0.10 £1.10 £5.60
    benc Call   £0.10 £1.20 £20.79
    x
    Call   £0.10 £1.30 £20.00
    Turn

benc Check        
    x
    Check        
    floody1984 Check        
    River

benc Bet   £1.30 £2.60 £19.49
    x
    Raise   £3.20 £5.80 £16.80
    floody1984 Fold        
    benc Raise   £9.60 £15.40 £9.89
    x
    Call   £7.70 £23.10 £9.10
    benc Show
    • J

x
    Muck

benc Win Straight to the Jack £21.70   £31.59
    And this one i got really lucky on, shouldn't be flatting 3bets oop with 100bbs with a9s really i probably gamble it up too much early on in sessions to try build stacks which i don't need to be doing, anyway if im going to flat pre this is the kind of flop i'm happy to stack off on and this time i got there.
    x
    Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £23.81
    joethecat Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £3.12
      Your hole cards
    • A

KICKER605 Fold        
    benc Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £13.46
    pepo Fold        
    Cash_Daddy Fold        
    x
    Raise   £1.10 £1.55 £22.71
    joethecat Fold        
    benc Call   £0.85 £2.40 £12.61
    Flop

x
    Bet   £1.30 £3.70 £21.41
    benc Raise   £3.00 £6.70 £9.61
    x
    All-in   £21.41 £28.11 £0.00
    benc All-in   £9.61 £37.72 £0.00
    x
    Unmatched bet   £10.10 £27.62 £10.10
    x
    Show
    • K
    • K

benc Show
    • A

Turn

• J

River

• A

benc Win Pair of Aces £26.22   £26.22
    Reviewing my hands Qs and Js definetly cost me the most across the session maybe need to tighten up with them hands, here is the same reg as above and he gets there completly standard but this is probably the only time i got in QQ and was not a massive dog lol
    jpzking109 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £11.62
    5toneFace Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Cash_Daddy Fold        
    Thoich Fold        
    x
    Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.25
    benc Raise   £1.10 £1.55 £32.98
    jpzking109 Fold        
    5toneFace Fold        
    x
    Raise   £3.00 £4.55 £6.25
    benc Raise   £11.00 £15.55 £21.98
    x
    All-in   £6.25 £21.80 £0.00
    benc Unmatched bet   £2.55 £19.25 £24.53
    x
    Show
    • K
    • A

benc Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

Turn

River

• K

x
    Win Two Pairs, Kings and 7s £17.85   £17.85
  • edited June 2013
    Decided to put another 4 hours in after dinner, was a good session the tables were alot looser than earlier on lots of people limp calling and playing post flop which suited me perfectly, pretty tired now hopefully i'm guarenteed at least £80 from the promo now and plus my profit should hopefully make for a good weeks earnings. Have alot more respect for the multitable grinders that do it day in day out now after my first real grind since properly multitabling.

Cash
    Session 2:
    Hours: 4
    Tables: 7-9 10nl
    Profit: £73.74

Day total:
    Hours:11
    Profit: £86.85

Cash Week total: £144.64   c4p: £21.64

Planning to get a decent amount of hours in tomorrow, got no chance of competing with tintin,c-d,supercrazy and dtm but would be good if i could get best of the rest although doesn't really matter as the cash jumps are not that much and i have had a decent week of profit anyway.
  • edited June 2013
    Nice profit, with the promo a very tidy profit over the week.

You are doing really well, beating the games you are playing. Are you going to start taking out a bit each week, give you an income over the summer? Or are you just going to let it build up?

Well done on yet more impressive results!
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks mate, yeah i have swingy sessions at cash so its good when it swings in the positive way lol i want to let it build up now and try to avoid withdrawing, i have withdrawn alot over the last month £484.81 according to my tracker and every month i've played poker since i started doing well in october i have withdrawn which obviously has its positives and negatives, positives are i have needed to pay for things  and been able to do things i would not of otherwise been able to do, negatives are i could have a pretty big broll by now  and be playing higher and having a crack at bigger buyin mtts and stuff. I'm not in any rush though i'm still pretty inexpereicned and hopefully i can just consistently build and gradually move up and continue to improve.
  • edited June 2013
    i wouldnt worry about me in the promo, ive practically withdrew from the running. i will plummet right down as ive been back at nl4 the last few days. i was running bad and playing worse. if i stayed where i was theres a chance i would have completley done my conkers on it, bankroll and brain lol 

edit. maybe not as ive just seen the latest leaderboard and im still holding 2nd even with the inclusion of DTM. a little shocked here with 2 n half days at nl4 behind me
  • edited June 2013
    lol i guess DTM has concentrated on the middle tier alot more, forgot to mention pepo as well don't think i have seen him/her off the tables whenever i have been on- maybe you did enough throughout the week to not get caught up, anyway good luck with the rest of the day and hopefully be back at nl10 with a few good days of nl4 behind you.
  • edited June 2013
    maybe so, i was running at priority pacxe for most of it. iim not too suprised at DTM just by searching the tables they were on. knew they were concentrating more on the middle but thought they could have done enough for both. pepo has been on longer than i have and was on a lot of my nl4 tables last few days. thought they would catch me but you gotta put money in the pot lol.

i stil had more than enough of a bankroll to continue but it was more my frame of mind. i knew it would end up real bad if i carried on. i felt on perma tilt every time i played. needed sme stress frree poker behind me. i'll be back tho but for how long who knows.
  • edited June 2013
    Brutal start to the day, gna have a little break then try again later i can feel myself tilting majorly though so probably best not to put alot of hours in if i come back and still feel tilted.

First one you just never expect the nuts here lol
    SpawnyGit Small blind
    £0.05 £0.05 £10.00
    dribienor Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.46
      Your hole cards

Cash_Daddy Fold        
    benc Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.70
    MARKALLIN Fold        
    SpawnyGit Raise   £0.60 £1.05 £9.40
    x
    Call   £0.55 £1.60 £8.91
    benc Call   £0.35 £1.95 £9.35
    Flop

• Q

SpawnyGit Bet   £0.98 £2.93 £8.42
    x
    All-in   £8.91 £11.84 £0.00
    benc All-in   £9.35 £21.19 £0.00
    SpawnyGit Fold        
    benc Unmatched bet   £0.44 £20.75 £0.44
    x
    Show
    • Q
    • Q

benc Show

Turn

River

• A

x
    Win Full House, Queens and 2s £19.35   £19.35
    One of 4 flush over flushes.. too aggressive with the flush?
    September7 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £12.21
    Cash_Daddy Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £12.12
      Your hole cards

x
    Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £12.38
    benc Call   £0.30 £0.75 £14.43
    JohnChimpo Fold        
    September7 Fold        
    Cash_Daddy Fold        
    Flop

• Q
    • A

x
    Bet   £0.38 £1.13 £12.00
    benc Call   £0.38 £1.51 £14.05
    Turn

• J

x
    Bet   £1.13 £2.64 £10.87
    benc Raise   £2.50 £5.14 £11.55
    x Call   £1.37 £6.51 £9.50
    River

• K

x
    Check        
    benc Bet   £5.30 £11.81 £6.25
    x
    Call   £5.30 £17.11 £4.20
    benc Show

x
    Show
    • K

x
    Win Flush to the King £15.82   £20.02
  • edited June 2013
    flush over flush, set over set; same difference mostly.
  • edited June 2013
    lol yep just thought i'd show a couple of hands which summed up my first foray onto the tables today, still can't do alot about hands like that, be back on the grind soon.
  • edited June 2013
    Had a awful start after a bad day yesterday. Te hands u posted I think u played fine just coolers. 
  • edited June 2013
    Yeah just caught up with your post, i just took a timeout would reccomend doing the same if your feeling tilted 10nl can be rather frustrating when all you do is pay off the nitregs nuts and the fish who has been donating to every other reg but it happens lol gl for the rest of the day.
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks for your comments Benc
    Good luck with the promo
  • edited June 2013
    Just finished up, did aload of hours today probably 20 total over the last couple of days grinds like these make me realise how much i actually enjoy the game.. why else would i spend so many hours playing 10nl lol. The small break prior to my second session did me good and i managed to turn a profit for that session and dig into earliers brutal spell, had alot of big hands go both ways in what was an incredibly swingy session built some really big stacks but still ended up on a loss for the day although that was soley due to the sick spell i had when i first started and taking a small break definetly was the best thing to do. I will continue to put in some cash sessions in the evening maybe mixing in the odd 20nl table, want to get alot of HU volume in now though so that will be my main concentration.

Cash Today:
    Session 1
    Hours: 1 and a half
    Profit/Loss: £-49.05

Session 2
    Hours: 8ish
    Profit: £17.18

Day total: -£31.87

Total for week: £112.77  (glad i turned a 3 figure profit before bonus as it's been tough at times with the bonus i should be nearing 200 so very happy with that)

As its the end of the week will update on overall track:

since 17/05/13

Cash:£194.18
    Heads up: £269.15
    Mtt: -38.74
    Rewards: £130.88
    Overall: £555.47

Overalll will be +600 after whatever bonus i end up getting so very happy to be back on track and enjoying playing at the moment which is the most important thing.

Not sure where to go with the diary from here really, promo has been good for regular updates and stuff, but i will probably limit posting so much as things get back to normal there are lots of diaries and i guess it can get a bit stale at times. I will continue to update when i think there is stuff worth discussing and any really good/bad days.

• edited June 2013
    well done in getting to the end and turning a decent profit. i got into plus figures for the week but not by much, bad 3 days but overcame them even by dropping down.

eagerly await tomorrows table now,i think you will be able to hold top 5 if not move up, i still dont think i can hold onto 2nd tho, i got around the 1860 points mark, not bad with 3 days of nl4 lol
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks tintin, good to hear you turned it around. Funny you say that as i didn't see pepo or supercrazy today so i have small hope of being in the top 5 but realistically am expecting 6th, whatever you get from the bonus added to the profit means a nice 3 figure week well done on the grind- dunno how you do it day in day out i feel pretty drained lol
  • edited June 2013
    good work with the profit benc hope it continues.
    as for myself it won't be until my bankroll reaches over £300 that i will play on a  nl8p or nl10 and even then it will be just 1 table along with 3 or 4 action and nl4p tables i might have a go in a tournament next week.
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks Craig no doubt share some tables with you in the future and yeah if you have a good days profit behind you why not buy in for a tournament as long as you are enjoying playing, just posted in your thread with some advice on a hand gl at the tables.
  • edited June 2013
    well i finally dropped down the list only to be replaced by yourself. well done, extra bonus money on its way to you.

i got 4th in the end up. i did say top 5 i'd be happy with n got there without too much chasing.

well done
  • edited June 2013
    Well i managed to somehow get up to 2nd in the promo for £150 so really pleased with that as i thought 5th was max i could achieve, so the total weeks grind came to £262.77, i think i will be lowering the tables to 6 now the promo is out the way and mixing in 20nl with 10nl when i play cash and just going from there.

Thanks Tintin really didn't expect that fully expected yourself dtm and supercrazy to be above turns out supercrazy must not of even put much of a grind in this week, although i had such swingy sessions last couple of days which combined with the amount of hours and tables must of made for aload of rake. Well done on getting in the top 5.

After sitting at a desk staring at 9 tables on a screen for 20ish hours last couple of days i'm taking it easy today, said i'd take gf to see hangover and for a meal to make up for fact i was a zombie the last couple of days lol probably still end up on the tables at some point later, well done to all that grinded and probably see you at the tables soon.

• edited June 2013

Well done on comin back from 5-0 down, epic!

Enjoyed the games, nice come back! lol i looked at the 5th game and i was down 2 500 chips lol

Cant even remember how i got down to that haha

5 each fair result

• edited June 2013
    lol it was the all the action in that nl4 distracting us, gg mate shall sort out some more games in the near future.

*Edit, small update playing aload of HU sngs again at the moment will probably update on my running total for all disciplines at the end of the weekend.
  • edited June 2013
    Had a go at nl30 for the first time today decided rather than taking a shot in the main with HU money i would take a shot at that level, saw some value on the table, one of which left not long after and two guys i respect alot were left with another player i havnt played before but seemed solid so thought i better leave. Even so it was good to have a go at that level and i was happy i was able to bet and play as normal without worrying about the fact that 100bb is 30 instead of 20-10 even found a 5bet jam without AS-KS  which at nl10 would normally mean busto lol, have mixed in a bit of nl20 and nl10 recently but only sparsley as HU been going very well. So tonight i 4 tabled, 1nl10 mc, 2 20nl mc and 1 30nl less tables, more concentration and a short session. I ended the session  +£44.88 which i was happy with, think i was up about 20ish on the nl20 mc after someone donated to my set of A's with bottom pair and 20ish on the nl30, no really big hands one hand i 3bet after an open and two calls and got one call from the original opener and two streets of value with a decent hand and also had the hand i 5bet a good aggro oppo which didn't see a flop so all in all pretty happy with how that went. Just going to play cash when i fancy it and mainly carry on with £10 standard husngs whilst they are going well.
  • edited June 2013
    Had my best every win streak this morning of 15 which i don't think i'll ever beat at turbo games, i think my previous was 13 and that wasn't in one session was pretty sick to constantly have the best hand hold up, win all the 60/40s etc. Proper update about everything tomorrow or sunday most likely, there is alot of diaries around atm so i don't want to be constantly posting and taking away from there possible exposure/ or clog up the forum so people get fed up.

Today copied from scope

Games:19
    Av Stake: £5
    AV profit per game:£3.70
    AV ROI: 70.4%
    Profit: £70.29
    Max Cashing: 15

Just seen that there is going to be another cash promo, not sure what to think of that really it's good that they are running promos alot but a bit of variation would be nice not sure if i will grind or not yet.