You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1050 to £2050 challenge/// Diary of a HUSNG Hyper grinder// Current Balance: £1230.2

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Cheers Paul i did have a spreadsheet i used for hu, but using your template would probably be easier than messing around sorting a new one out- if you could email that across would be great will skype you my email. I'll start noting down at beggining of session start time- bankroll and number of tables.

The long cash session was easier than expected but didn't multitable for any long periods of time so i don't know how that would affect tiredness etc- definetly interesting to test yourself though.
  • edited May 2013
    Ah didn't know you weren't multitabling much, that's the killer, staring at 6tables for hours and hours just drains you so much.

Will sort the spreadsheet now.
  • edited May 2013
    Ended up playing an hour and a half session after revision earlier this evening, then i finally got round to watching the film  rounders which obviously made me want to play again lol so came on at half 12 and got another hour and 15 in.
    Took Pauls advice and noted starting roll- hours and tables. I worked out my starting roll for the day by taking away the 1st session profit before second session,  then worked out entire profit by taking away my starting roll from my roll when i finished my final session.
    I had a small loss in 2nd session i took a gamble with 79diamonds on 10d6dx board and bricked and then had a hand with a set of JS that i lost to a rivered straight but managed to limit my losses so wasn't worried about that session. Then had a good win in the final session which made for a really good profit for the day.

All in all today i played

Hours: 3 hours 45 minutes over 3 short sessions
    Tables:4
    Profit/loss: £53.54

Going to get a monitor and mouse soon and maybe think about gradually upping the tables - can't really think about doing that at the moment because of overlap on my laptop.
  • edited May 2013

nice going benc,

I played 3 sessions y'day, about 8 hours in total i'd say, and won £3.33  lol

can't be bothered working out me hourly rate,don't think it's worth the effort.  lol

gl mate,
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Hey dev, it helped that i was pretty much donated 200bbs on two occasions yesterday, not expecting it to always be so smooth, with my style of play i will no doubt have some hefty losses as well.
    You are grinding out some small consistent profits at the moment which is a sign that you are finally getting to grips with cash after the long slog, i reckon you have got past the hardest part of adjusting to cash now, soon you will be crushing. Noticed that you, tintin and stfc have all been at my tables recently making the jump up to 10nl, it is definetly a mental thing getting used to the bigger wins and losses i think because all 3 of you are alot better than the average player i have come up against.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG / 10nl diary.:
    Hey dev, it helped that i was pretty much donated 200bbs on two occasions yesterday, not expecting it to always be so smooth, with my style of play i will no doubt have some hefty losses as well. You are grinding out some small consistent profits at the moment which is a sign that you are finally getting to grips with cash after the long slog, i reckon you have got past the hardest part of adjusting to cash now, soon you will be crushing. Noticed that you, tintin and stfc have all been at my tables recently making the jump up to 10nl, it is definetly a mental thing getting used to the bigger wins and losses i think because all 3 of you are alot better than the average player i have come up against.
    Posted by benc
    hi benc,
    200bbs x2 must be nice.  lol
    yes mate,i had 200 bbs given to me the other day with my AA  aipf v QQ
    nice when it happens.  lol

yes I've also had tintin & stfc at my tables,on and off,so looks like we are all making the move up, at the same time,which should be interesting.
    yes it's definitely been a real struggle for me anyway playing cash this year,but as you say hopefully that's the hard bit done.  lol
    got my bet sizing about right,i think...when I do bet obviously.  lol
    which has taken some time to come.

glad to see you winning again mate,
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Bought a mouse today, so much better for multitabling than using the laptop mouse, can't wait to get a monitor. I have adjusted to 4 tables really quickly so 6 shouldn't be too difficult. Just finished a quick session, another profit but more importantly i made some folds i was really happy with- limiting the amount i call off is definetly the key to me making profit consistently i think, got to revise for a bit now which is irritating as i found a very nice spot on a table, still i'm sure there will be plenty later. I have sorted a spreadsheet out now so will update an overall profit/hours etc weekly or after like 25 hours of something in here and stick to reporting each session individually day by day.

Today:
    Session time: 1 hour 25 minutes
    Tables:4
    Profit: £16.84
  • edited May 2013
    Happy i got paid off here, knew having sat at the table with him for a little bit and noted what oppo was doing that he ould lead for pot if he was v-strong- so decided that i could bomb the river and get paid by two pair/-sets/lower straight.
    brettiboy Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £69.56
    benc Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £13.22
    lyse Sit out        
      Your hole cards
    • J

Taj333 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £3.46
    daragh1980 Fold        
    elbows7 Fold        
    x
    Call   £0.05 £0.30 £69.51
    benc Check        
    Flop

• A

x
    Check        
    benc Check        
    Taj333 Check        
    Turn

x
    Check        
    benc Bet   £0.30 £0.60 £12.92
    Taj333 Call   £0.30 £0.90 £3.16
    x
    Call   £0.30 £1.20 £69.21
    River

x
    Bet   £1.20 £2.40 £68.01
    benc Raise   £8.50 £10.90 £4.42
    Taj333 Fold        
    x
    Call   £7.30 £18.20 £60.71
    benc Show
    • J

x
    Muck

benc Win Straight to the Jack £16.83   £21.25
  • edited May 2013
    To be fair, if you're gonna overbet that much, he'll probably pay off a shove just as often, but wp, gotta love the overbet V the right guy
  • edited May 2013
    lol yeah i thought that after, i went with that amount because if he did have the lower end of the range i put him on e.g some strange two pair (he did just complete the blind ) psychologically seeing an all in is different to just seeing a large bet especially with how much he has behind so i thought  if i put it all in it gives him a chance to find a fold whereas a big strange bet is more likely to be paid off, although thats probably just me thinking too much about it.
  • edited May 2013
    Decided to reg the £2.20 rebuy whilst revising- helped me stay patient in the mtt but didn't go so well earlier on i had aj v j10 ainpf against a person who was putting any two in would of had a big chip lead but they floped trips 10s- then i raised QQ into a big stack limp call of q8s and they hit a straight on the turn after calling a cbet- maybe could of got away on the turn but wouldn't of had much of a stack left and just figured if he had it gg. Going to play the mini tonight along with 3 cash tables and put in a good few hour session hopefully.
  • edited May 2013
    Just finished a session i started at 8.15, decided to put a decent grind in tonight as gf is back home so i had nout to do, didn't set a certain amount of time just thought i'd end when i was tired. I decided that after having £70 profit behind me since yesterday i would play all the mastercash tables at 10nl and 20nl - effectively taking a bit of a shot but not to an extreme level as i have a solid roll behind me for the stakes im playing and i've played and lost big pots at 20nl 200bb deep so know i'm capable of playing my normal game without worrying about losing bigger pots.

Anyway it turned out to be a good decision, the tables were fairly soft early on then a few regs turned up but i didn't get into any bad spots really and ran good to make a couple of big hands and get paid off. Really pleased with how i've been playing, even managed to avoid stationing down out of curiosity tonight which is rare.

Session 2
    Hours: 4 hours 15 minutes
    Tables 4 (2-20nl, 2-10nl)
    Profit:£83.88

Day total:
    Hours: 5 hours 40 minutes
    Profit:£100.72p

So with yesterdays profit of £53.54 its been a really good couple of days, didn't even know that kind of money could be made so quickly at these limits- must be running pretty above ev atm but enjoying it whilst it lasts.
  • edited May 2013

it is a surprise I myself am always surprised when I get a profit over £10 on an action or nl4p. hope it does continue.
    what I would say myself is nights are when the pot sizes seem best.

• edited May 2013
    nice going benc,

well played last few days,
    whatever you're on atm,i'll have some.  lol
    keep it going
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks Craig- yeah have to factor in that alot of them hours were played on friday and saturday night when alot more rec players are on i would assume.
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks dev no doubt you will have similar sessions soon especially when you become comfortable enough to add more tables. I bought a new buddha today so think i will attribute my zen like poker play tonight to that lol
  • edited May 2013
    Nice going (slightly jealous!) lol

So with things going so well on the cash tables are you sacking off the HU? Or why not play MTT's on a reg basis too? Afterall they say a good MTT player can not neccassarily be a good cash player......but a good cash player can easily adapt to MTT's
  • edited May 2013
    lol i'm giving HU a rest for the minute yeah i have some hu vids i will get round to watching probably in june as my confidence is pretty crushed in them atm, for the moment i wan't to concentrate on cash so when i''m not revising for my exams i will be watching cash vids/reviewing hand histories and hopefully doing enough to make sure i can consistently do well at the levels i'm playing. I played a couple of mtts tonight, i will maybe play the odd one here and there as i always have- think i would need to do alot more work to grind them properly.
    lol i have seen that said a few times, i don't really understand it tbh, to me cash is like the early stages of a tournament but with the slight adjustment in that you have the choice to mix it up a bit more knowing you can instantly reload, with mtts there is a very fine line and the guys who consistently pick the right spots make v-good players, i definetly find mtts harder than cash not sure why guess different styles suit different formats.
  • edited May 2013
    thought i'd pop in and say hello.

i wouldnt say im taking the step up, ive just been dabbling a little over the weekend, i was playing 1 or 2 tables along with nl4 on friday afternoon before going the full hog and loading up 9 on friday night. done ok and posted a win of about £30. i only done it because i felt like a change to try and help with my concentration as it was starting to wane a little over the last week. i certainly wont be playing a lot there til after next weekends promo is out the way,
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG / 10nl diary.:
    thought i'd pop in and say hello. i wouldnt say im taking the step up, ive just been dabbling a little over the weekend, i was playing 1 or 2 tables along with nl4 on friday afternoon before going the full hog and loading up 9 on friday night. done ok and posted a win of about £30. i only done it because i felt like a change to try and help with my concentration as it was starting to wane a little over the last week. i certainly wont be playing a lot there til after next weekends promo is out the way,
    Posted by TINTIN
    Ahh right fair enough, just noticed you at a couple of my tables. Are you planning on grinding for the cash promo then? whats the max amount of tables you play? would love to have a go myself but my exams fall the wednesday and thursday after so will be having to up the revision.
  • edited May 2013
    Quick hour and a half session, was going to go untill 4 but the tables got a bit slow and felt myself getting impatient so ended early, planning on listening to the football and getting some revision in hard to resist the tables when i'm on a bit of a heater. Anyway i played 3 10nl and 1 20nl mc table  session started off really slow think i got ak in against a shortish stacks As then floped tptk v another shortys set so pretty standard, then a couple of ill timed bluffs on nl20 good thing about 4 tabling is that don't have time to reflect on how much your up/down so just insta reload to max and keep playing. Anyway eventually won a massive pot when i hit a fh against lower fh, will post in a minute.
    Another good session of profit, but could just as easily been a break even/loss session is a very fine line, just nice to run good in some big pots takes my ov-prof to £198.29 over last couple of days- just hoping that when the harder sessions come i deal with it ok and don't spew off aload of profit now i've built it up. Have hit £55.60 in c4p as well, don't think i will make the 5k target but will be a nice bonus whatever it ends up as.

Session 1
    Hours: 1 hour 30 minutes
    Tables 4 (1-20nl, 3-10nl)
    Profit:£43.23
  • edited May 2013
    I will see what is required before committing myself to anything promo wise. I'm glad it's more of a sprint this time but will know soon I suppose tho I do reckon I have no chance of being top for various reasons. I just hope it mirrors the first part with all levels have a chance to win.

Lately I've been sticking to 9 tables but have at times had 10 running. I can play 12 but dropped a few when things weren't going great. I've not tried more than that but I reckon I could do 15-18 and keep up with the game play, I just don't think I could play that many profitably tho
  • edited May 2013
    Not sure about my play in this hand on both turn and river - don't want to be results oriented so if anyone has any feedback on flop and turn feel free to share, ok to flat pre here right? oppo X who 3bet was pretty aggro but seemed tricky and willing to make some big move so didn't want to have to 4bet fold. I'm happy to check behind on the flop and try get to a cheap showdown or catch my J/ should i be betting here? Nearly raised the turn but decided i would try and keep in oppo X and obviously river is the best card in the deck as i felt oppo Z may be holding Qs but thats so unlikely once the river comes.
    splashies Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £39.70
    lerky Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £29.16
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Z
    Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £39.95
    ERBW10 Fold        
    X
    Raise   £3.20 £4.30 £59.28
    benc Call   £3.20 £7.50 £46.35
    splashies Fold        
    lerky Fold        
    Z
    Call   £2.40 £9.90 £37.55
    Flop

• Q

Z
    Check        
    X
    Check        
    benc Check        
    Turn

• J

Z
    Bet   £4.95 £14.85 £32.60
    X
    Call   £4.95 £19.80 £54.33
    benc Call   £4.95 £24.75 £41.40
    River

• Q

Z
    All-in   £32.60 £57.35 £0.00
    X
    Fold        
    benc Call   £32.60 £89.95 £8.80
    Z
    Show

benc Show
    • J
    • J

benc Win Full House, Jacks and Queens £88.15   £96.95
  • edited May 2013
    Played it exactly as i would have mate so if anyone says you could have played it better then that would make two of us :)

NH
  • edited May 2013
    think you played pre and flop fine think I raise turn if bein picky just to build pot for shove river because by flattin turn there is £24 in pot both you have £32,but realistically it was always going in anyways when he has full house

also how you finding the 10/20nl tables? you seem to be doing well keep it up buddy

gl at tables
  • edited May 2013
    Ok Tintin, i'm hoping to gradually up the tables 9 seems a long long way away though maybe add 1 at a time when i get a monitor and see how far i can go, gl if you decide to grind the promo.

Thanks for feedback Arazi and Liam, yeah i'm still undecided on the turn did click to raise initially but felt like  with me flatting a 3bet pre i'm pretty much turn my hand face up if i raise there and also felt that if river card was a blank or filled me up i had advantage of having them both act first so could get them both to put more in then jam it in.

I'm enjoying playing at the moment but it's an easy game when your hitting big hands like the one above the test will be when things don't go my way, 10nl i feel really comfortable at as there is only a few regs who are solid players and i can comfortably lose 200bb without it affecting me as much as at 20nl.

20nl i've only started adding 1-2 tables since last night because of my good early profit at 10nl and have just run pretty good over a very short amount of time tbh, i havn't been table selecting atm because i want to test myself v the better players at the level to see if i can hold my own and also like to sit with 200bb when i can, so no doubt i will have some tougher sessions if i carry on playing 20nl as there are definetly a few more better regs. Hope things have turned round for you, i saw your post the week about having a bit of a downswing, gl at the tables as well.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash 10nl + diary.:
    Ok Tintin, i'm hoping to gradually up the tables 9 seems a long long way away though maybe add 1 at a time when i get a monitor and see how far i can go, gl if you decide to grind the promo. Thanks for feedback Arazi and Liam, yeah i'm still undecided on the turn did click to raise initially but felt like  with me flatting a 3bet pre i'm pretty much turn my hand face up if i raise there and also felt that if river card was a blank or filled me up i had advantage of having them both act first so could get them both to put more in then jam it in. I'm enjoying playing at the moment but it's an easy game when your hitting big hands like the one above the test will be when things don't go my way, 10nl i feel really comfortable at as there is only a few regs who are solid players and i can comfortably lose 200bb without it affecting me as much as at 20nl. 20nl i've only started adding 1-2 tables since last night because of my good early profit at 10nl and have just run pretty good over a very short amount of time tbh, i havn't been table selecting atm because i want to test myself v the better players at the level to see if i can hold my own and also like to sit with 200bb when i can, so no doubt i will have some tougher sessions if i carry on playing 20nl as there are definetly a few more better regs. Hope things have turned round for you, i saw your post the week about having a bit of a downswing, gl at the tables as well.
    Posted by benc

Was my thinking exactly mate, if your oop then a turn raise would be fine but like you say when your ip it makes life alot easier and gives you the advantage of not showing just how strong you really are.
  • edited May 2013
    i did say I may be being picky don`t think at all that that the way i say would be better just a different opinion and also think flattin ip is fine also was just thinking if if they had a qx or 910 for example and say a spade or 4 to straight card hits they maybe fold river thinking you hit or you bet a reasonable amount yeah you may get called but don`t get full stack but by raisng turn puts more money in pot and so whatever you bet river it will be bigger gaining more value from worse hands.

but yeah like the fact your call on turn disguises your hand a little but you  cold called a 3bet anywayz so if they are decent players they will know roughly what range hands you would do this with.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash 10nl + diary.:
    i did say I may be being picky don`t think at all that that the way i say would be better just a different opinion and also think flattin ip is fine also was just thinking if if they had a qx or 910 for example and say a spade or 4 to straight card hits they maybe fold river thinking you hit or you bet a reasonable amount yeah you may get called but don`t get full stack but by raisng turn puts more money in pot and so whatever you bet river it will be bigger gaining more value from worse hands. but yeah like the fact your call on turn disguises your hand a little but you  cold called a 3bet anywayz so if they are decent players they will know roughly what range hands you would do this with.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yeah, i'm aware you wasn't saying it was the wrong play just offering another perspective so thought i'd explain thought process for why i went with the flat- your explanation is pretty much why i initially clicked raise, although i also took into consideration that if the scare card comes (i.e 9spades, 10spades.) on the river and there is loads of action in front of me i can find a fold in position having kept the pot small and not invested much. Obviously i would call a normal sized bet on the river but say Z leads out and then X raises or jams i can just lay it down and find a better spot without bloating the pot, is that a bad way of viewing the hand with such a monster?
  • edited May 2013
    defo think your thinking is spot on, because you flatted the turn you are thinking a street ahead what cards are bad like scare/kill you action cards.

you also will gain information on the river before you make your decision as your ip you can make up your mind depending on what cards fall whether to get max value/small v-bet or possibly even fold depending what opponents do on certain cards.

I love having a talk about a hand with different views makes you think about different things lol.

I will prob be on cash l8rs so may see you at tables gl only if your not at my table lol