You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1050 to £2050 challenge/// Diary of a HUSNG Hyper grinder// Current Balance: £1230.2

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding:
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : As you chose to comment on what you perceive my stats to be, why dont you unlock yours?? If you analyse closely the first 5k or soo involved 2k profit. If you look at how much c4p has been earnt despite a downswing in the back end of 2011, its still thousands in profit. Last year was about $800 dollars profit plus c4p. I would suggest you pay for scope before you mouth off in future.  For someone who opens 4/5 xbb in a hyper or open shoves 50bb I dont think you are in a position to comment on others. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Huge +1
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding:
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : As you chose to comment on what you perceive my stats to be, why dont you unlock yours?? If you analyse closely the first 5k or soo games involved 2k profit. If you look at how much c4p has been earnt despite a downswing in the back end of 2011, its still thousands in profit. Last year was about $800 dollars profit plus c4p. I would suggest you pay for scope before you mouth off in future.  For someone who opens 4/5 xbb in a hyper or open shoves 50bb I dont think you are in a position to comment on others. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +10000
  • edited January 2013
    Going to play the £400 £2.20 mtt, then will be back on HU form like 8 onwards i reckon. I locked my results for a while when i never use to track myself not because i was down, just because i used to get obsessed with checking it after like every 2 games lol
    Posted by benc
    Great tournament, dare I say this but I have final tabled 3 times in the last two weeks with a 4th, 3rd and 2nd. No doubt chillie will scrutinise. 

Best way to play it is to take a rebuy early, get agg and build a stack then take the addon. Structure is quite fast too so you can bink £150 quid in just over 2 hours. Its also easy to play hu sngs and or cash on the side if you want. 
  • edited January 2013
    Best of 5 HU sng to settle this..... lol, have to say i appreciated your detailed post acegooner think it was full of useful info that people who play hu could do a lot worse than to take on board and you didn't have to spend your time writing that out so +1 for that wont get involved in the other stuff.

Anyway busted the 2.20 that i bought in for twice, but good news thanks to boxster i played the £50bh hu shuffle and took it down will further update later with results for entire session.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : As you chose to comment on what you perceive my stats to be, why dont you unlock yours?? If you analyse closely the first 5k or soo games involved 2k profit. If you look at how much c4p has been earnt despite a downswing in the back end of 2011, its still thousands in profit. Last year was about $800 dollars profit plus c4p. I would suggest you pay for scope before you mouth off in future.  For someone who opens 4/5 xbb in a hyper or open shoves 50bb I dont think you are in a position to comment on others. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    u make me laugh mr 10 7 allin 50 bbs oh and your stats dont count a reset lmao
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    nothing wrong with opening with 4x raise in this format stops players coming long with any 2, u like to diss my game when yours is bog standard at best but then again we will never see eye to eye on anything used to but no now.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : nothing wrong with opening with 4x raise in this format stops players coming long with any 2, u like to diss my game when yours is bog standard at best but then again we will never see eye to eye on anything used to but no now.
    Posted by CHILLIE

Opening 4 xbb shows how you dont get this format, you are basically saying I have a big hand but cant play post flop, so dont call. As for your 50bb shoves, they are laughable and only get called when you are beat. 

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : u make me laugh mr 10 7 allin 50 bbs oh and your stats dont count a reset lmao
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Do i shove 107 all in with 50 bb no, do I shove 107 with less than 5 bb yes every day of the week. Once again you are showing your lack of poker knowledge and making a complete twit of yourself. There is no reset on my stats again, pay for scope and you will get your facts right.

AND STOP DODGING THE QUESTION EVERYONE HAS ASKED YOU, IE WHY ARE YOUR STATS BLOCKED. 

Massive case of hypocritical pot, kettle and black. 

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : Opening 4 xbb shows how you dont get this format, you are basically saying I have a big hand but cant play post flop, so dont call. As for your 50bb shoves, they are laughable and only get called when you are beat. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    depends who u are playing and u know that as well as me
  • edited January 2013
    Best of 5 HU sng to settle this..... lol, have to say i appreciated your detailed post acegooner think it was full of useful info that people who play hu could do a lot worse than to take on board and you didn't have to spend your time writing that out so +1 for that wont get involved in the other stuff. Anyway busted the 2.20 that i bought in for twice, but good news thanks to boxster i played the £50bh hu shuffle and took it down will further update later with results for entire session.
    Posted by benc

Do me a favour benc, this idiot runs after one game whether he wins or loses.

• edited January 2013
    Thought it was funny that we got a 1 - 2 finish in the HU BH after battling the other day!

When waiting for you to finish your semifinal I was a bit annoyed to see that you would have 3x my stack in the final, but then I realised I had 2nd locked up already :)

Grats on the bink.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : depends who u are playing and u know that as well as me
    Posted by CHILLIE
    you're a $pastic, end of story
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding :
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : Do me a favour benc, this idiot runs after one game whether he wins or loses. Posted by ACEGOONER[/Q
    Posted by CHILLIE
    my money i play how i want not how u tell me to  IDIOT FW
  • edited January 2013
    I'm a winning hyper player over a pretty decent sample, and I don't like playing either of them.

I'm surprised AG shows as a losing HU player, it's certainly nothing to do with his poker brain/ability imo.

I wouldn't expect Chillie to show as a losing HU sng player either. We've played lots, and it's probably about evens at best from my P.OV.

It's poor form to ridicule someone for their stats when you're afraid to show your own though imo.

The obvious conclusion is that Chillie is a losing player also, but we will probably never know.

Always best to have your own game in order before you stop chirping at others though, I guess that works both ways here, but at least AG's stats are the for all to see and not hidden away, deserves respect for that. 

Cmon chillie, what r u hiding?

• edited January 2013
    I'm a winning hyper player over a pretty decent sample, and I don't like playing either of them. I'm surprised AG shows as a losing HU player, it's certainly nothing to do with his poker brain/ability imo. I wouldn't expect Chillie to show as a losing HU sng player either. We've played lots, and it's probably about evens at best from my P.OV. It's poor form to ridicule someone for their stats when you're afraid to show your own though imo. The obvious conclusion is that Chillie is a losing player also, but we will probably never know. Always best to have your own game in order before you stop chirping at others though, I guess that works both ways here, but at least AG's stats are the for all to see and not hidden away, deserves respect for that.  Cmon chillie, what r u hiding?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    your a tryer doh but at the same time YAWN, my stats are my stats not anyone elses i let players like u believe wht u want about winning or a losing player i aint that interested either way,ss is a tool to mock or belittle players then thats  fine ,seen it on the tables enough to know that, for a rec player with my br and money i earn from working im happy to play what i play and have fun doing it.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : your a tryer doh but at the same time YAWN, my stats are my stats not anyone elses i let players like u believe wht u want about winning or a losing player i aint that interested either way,ss is a tool to mock or belittle players then thats  fine ,seen it on the tables enough to know that, for a rec player with my br and money i earn from working im happy to play what i play and have fun doing it.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    don't judge other peoples stats then u mong
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG challenge/diary an insight into turbo and hyper grinding : your a tryer doh but at the same time YAWN, my stats are my stats not anyone elses i let players like u believe wht u want about winning or a losing player i aint that interested either way,ss is a tool to mock or belittle players then thats  fine ,seen it on the tables enough to know that, for a rec player with my br and money i earn from working im happy to play what i play and have fun doing it.
    Posted by CHILLIE

I think what you're trying to say through your poor command of written english is that sharkscope is a tool to beat other players with. Well if you are a winning player as JJ suggests, then you wouldnt have a problem then would you?? 

And what exactly are you doing on this thread, making a fool of yourself by mocking someone elses stats. Again, hypocrisy to the fore. 

I think we should end this here, as far as I am concerned I am more interested in benc becoming a successful hu sng player and that after all is what this thread is about. If he finds any of the advice on this thread useful (as he has said) then dont mock the person who is providing it.  

• edited January 2013
    Didn't update last night as i ended up in what seemed like a marathon of games with the same guy and didn't finish untill just after 3. So after originally hitting my stop loss earlier in the day and having a couple of hour break everything turned around later on. I busted the £2.20 for 2 buyins. Signed up to the £50hu bh shuffle, took that down the field seemed soft except a couple of regs who i knew i would bump into if i got to the latter stages, anyway i managed to take that down, helped to get into the final game with a big chip lead.

After that i played 5s for a while was'nt really getting anywhere just breaking even really just cudnt string a few games together but i felt like i was playing well, anyway so i saw a guy i had played earlier jump up to the 10s so i decided that after the bonus of winning the HUtourn i would step up and give myself two games if i lost them then i stop for the night having wiped my losses from earlier. Anyway i finally had the run that i knew was coming and even better it was at the 10's. I think that taking the tourney maybe helped me regain some confidence as i was following my instincts alot more and not playing scared worrying about whether i was making the right decisions.

So the total for the session

£400 guaranteed rebuy: -4.40
    £50bh shuffle: £51.30
    Turbo Husng: £118.75
    Total: +£165.65

So taking into account the loss of 34.25 loss from earlier i ended the day up £131.40 so i was very happy, as i mentioned earlier i felt like i was getting stuck in a bit of a rut and losing faith, then typically i have a very good session as it tends to go in turbos.

Current bankroll: £514.15           C4P: £64.32
  • edited January 2013
    Didn't update last night as i ended up in what seemed like a marathon of games with the same guy and didn't finish untill just after 3. So after originally hitting my stop loss earlier in the day and having a couple of hour break everything turned around later on. I busted the £2.20 for 2 buyins. Signed up to the £50hu bh shuffle, took that down the field seemed soft except a couple of regs who i knew i would bump into if i got to the latter stages, anyway i managed to take that down, helped to get into the final game with a big chip lead. After that i played 5s for a while was'nt really getting anywhere just breaking even really just cudnt string a few games together but i felt like i was playing well, anyway so i saw a guy i had played earlier jump up to the 10s so i decided that after the bonus of winning the HUtourn i would step up and give myself two games if i lost them then i stop for the night having wiped my losses from earlier. Anyway i finally had the run that i knew was coming and even better it was at the 10's. I think that taking the tourney maybe helped me regain some confidence as i was following my instincts alot more and not playing scared worrying about whether i was making the right decisions. So the total for the session £400 guaranteed rebuy: -4.40 £50bh shuffle: £51.30 Turbo Husng: £118.75 Total: +£165.65 So taking into account the loss of 34.25 loss from earlier i ended the day up £131.40 so i was very happy, as i mentioned earlier i felt like i was getting stuck in a bit of a rut and losing faith, then typically i have a very good session as it tends to go in turbos. Current bankroll: £514.15            C4P: £64.32
    Posted by benc

Really pleased you turned it around, its weird how just playing a different discipline can re ignite your form. Poker like many sports is definitely form related. Playing your A game as opposed to your C game can be the difference between losing and winning, its a game of fine margins.

Sorry about the shenanigans last night, would you believe the geezer that kicked it off trolled me on a cash table today, and he hardly ever plays nl cash, quite sad really. I'm on a massive heater this week, had a second in the priority mini freeroll, 2nd and 3rd in the £2 rebuy mtt I like plus after a downswing on cash turned things around, life is good! Alas all good things must come to an end work plus study will take over as it did for 3 months at the back of last year. 

• edited January 2013
    Thanks Ace good to hear your running good, no better way to learn and improve than experiencing and coping with the highs and lows.

Anyway wont be playing today meeting some friends to watch super sunday and then staying at my gfs so it will be my first completely free poker day in a while which is typical straight after a good winning session, but still we all have to maintain some kind of normal life at times lol, been a week of doing the diary now and im glad in a way that it has already has shown me at probably my lowest and highest and i hope people are enjoying the insights.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks Ace good to hear your running good, no better way to learn and improve than experiencing and coping with the highs and lows. Anyway wont be playing today meeting some friends to watch super sunday and then staying at my gfs so it will be my first completely free poker day in a while which is typical straight after a good winning session, but still we all have to maintain some kind of normal life at times lol, been a week of doing the diary now and im glad in a way that it has already has shown me at probably my lowest and highest and i hope people are enjoying the insights.
    Posted by benc
    Good plan I got Sky Sports on now, TV is right next to my pc, so I get the best of all worlds. Come on you gunners!
  • edited January 2013
    Microstakes Update: £2.10 Turbo H/U Grind

100 Games Played: - 57 wins, 43 losses
    Profit: £19.10
    Average Profit Per Game: £0.17 

Only a tiny sample of games since I began tracking, but I am beginning to build my broll. Hopefully i can replicate this over the next 100 games in order to finally reach a completely secure broll for 2.10's.
  • edited January 2013
    Microstakes Update: £2.10 Turbo H/U Grind 100 Games Played: - 57 wins , 43 losses Profit: £19.10 Average Profit Per Game:  £0.17   Only a tiny sample of games since I began tracking, but I am beginning to build my broll. Hopefully i can replicate this over the next 100 games in order to finally reach a completely secure broll for 2.10's.
    Posted by clarke1789[/QUOTE

Nice profit for 2.10s jay, build a bankroll and take some shots occasionally a little higher, maybe after a good winning session say you make a £10 in a good session play a couple of 3s if you lose your still in profit, if you win then obviously you just go from there.
  • edited January 2013
    Just played for few hours, didnt get many HU games in as i decided to play a couple of mtts, busted the £5.50HUBH, mincashed the £5.50 £2000miniBH had a really good stack at one point but ks cudnt hold up against 2s after getting it in pre, then i flopped a set got it in and someone hit a runner runner straight on me. Also played the £11 £1000 BH but didnt get anywhere. Ione tabled 5.25s sporadically and seem to have got a bit of momentum going as i had another good session. I also played one £10.50 which i didn't win. I don't plan on playing mtts regularly just played some recently for a bit of fun whilst i'm still off from uni and know i wont be busy at any point during the evening.

So for the session..

Tournament profit/loss: -£5.09
    Hu Turbo: +£40.25

Total for session: +£35.16

Current bankroll: £550.30           C4P: £65.50

ps i'm changing the title as i have decided to stay away from hypers completly for the moment and i'm not involved in any sort of challenge so is a bit misleading.
  • edited January 2013
    Played some 10s in the end, only 9 games, got into what could of been a very profitable situation against someone who would raise up to 100 pre every hand and stack off with near enough anything. persuaded him into a best of 10 after he beat me in the first game, he beat me 4 times in a row lol i got it in good against him 3 of the times and a flip the other. The i won the next two games and he didn't play me again, too be expected i guess just shame i couldn't capitalize on the situation, in total i won 4 and lost 5.

Total: -£14.50

Current bankroll: £535.80           C4P: £66.22
  • edited January 2013
    Decided i would try and take advantage of turbo tuesday double points promotion by attempting to try hit 100 games in the day, so i could climb a bit more in the C4P, just completed 50 games, going to have an hour break so im refreshed for this evening. Been two tabling 5.25s, hope to carry on two tabling this evening, considering playing the miniturbo BH but will decide later.

Total for the day so far : +£47.50

Current bankroll: £583.30           C4P: £71.02

• edited January 2013
    Good goin so far benc.Keep up the good work
    Paul
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks Paul seem to have got back on track over the last few days.

Managed to reach my target of 100 HU games for the day, well 101 to be exact. I played the Miniturbo BH, managed to win a flip situation early on but then didn't get anywhere mixture of being card dead and picking the wrong spots pre to try accumulate a big stack, won 1 bounty though so only spent just over £3 on that, i also played a £2.20 speed which i busted. Of the 51 HU turbos i played tonight i managed to take a profit of £16 was close to my stop loss early on so was happy to end up in profit, 5 of them games were 10s and one was a supersonic when i saw a player i recognized.

So for the second half of the session..

HU turbo: +£16   Session 2 total: +£10.18
    MTT: - £5.82

Day Total: +£57.68

So another decent profitable session and a load of points, well over my highest every points total which i'm happy about. Not got any targets for the minute just hoping i can continue grinding out a profit and building my bankroll.

Current bankroll: £593.48           C4P: £76.30

• edited January 2013
    Just played 5 £10.50s as i was bored and someone was sat down, anyway proceeded to not run very well got trips in against a rivered flush,  6s in against 69o pre they spike 9 and in another k10 in against 92o, another player that was shoving most hands pre made the tough call thinking i'm ahead of the average hand if he is shoving everything, glad to see 92 off, not glad to see the 9 on the flop.

Anyway for the mini session i ended up down -£32.50, still up for the day but annoying to wipe out a decent amount of the profit, still it'll be a common theme if i take shots at the 10s every so often.

Current bankroll: £560.98           C4P: £77.10
  • edited January 2013
    Just finished playing the 11.30 5.75bh, donked my way to a 2nd place. Happy that i cashed as i managed to get Ks into a flopped set earlier and was crippled, got some luck at the right times to get my way back up. Seemed to be picking the right spots to be aggro in the later stages which i have struggled with in the past so was happy with that. I was dissapointed when i got to HU though the guy was 3-1 in chips and i managed to even it up but didn't adjust to being even in stacks, he played me perfectly set the trap by limping i shoved junk as i had been doing alot and he instacalled with 9s. Still really happy to cash, always find something to criticize if you dont get first though lol. In regards to HU didn't play many today had a bad time earlier on but ended up with a little profit, found myself on the £10 hypers again though which i really don't want to do be doing so need to address that issue. Although one positive was i managed to hit the 5000 point mark.

Day Totals:

Heads Up Hyper/Turbos: +£6.35
    £5.75 BH: +72.43
    Total: +£78.78

Current bankroll: £639.76          C4P: £90.20