You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop

Comments

• edited June 2013
    On a break again and i THINK he is still in, no clue on stack or anything, gotta go bed now tho il try and fall asleep with my fingers crossed then click refresh when i wake hoping to see good news, GL TONY :D
  • edited June 2013
    38k and 36th out of 63 left as far as i can see with blinds at 1k/2k -Top 45 pay

GL Tikay

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop:
    38k and 36th out of 63 left as far as i can see with blinds at 1k/2k -Top 45 pay GL Tikay
    Posted by MP33
    No they are never up to date chip counts, dunno if you read my post above but its the same 38k reported there a few hours ago, theres ten bustos that are unknown as far as i can tell
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop : No they are never up to date chip counts, dunno if you read my post above but its the same 38k reported there a few hours ago, theres ten bustos that are unknown as far as i can tell
    Posted by Janana
    Ah ok. Just have to wait for Tikay to put another update on - How you getting on Tikay?
  • edited June 2013
    Thought he,d fallen asleep , but latest i can see is he,s up to 48.5k (+10.5k today)  and in 28th with blinds at 1200/2400

Not sure how many left. It still says 63 but its been on that for ages

Cmon Tikay - Get Matusow knocked out - preferably on the river. 

After his latest dbl up from 21k he states " 1 more dbl up and everyone is playing for 2nd " 

EDIT : 27th from 52 ( 7 off the cash)

(Anyone would think you,ve played this plo8 game before)

Dinner brk for 60 minutes. Off to bed - GL (play resumes at 5.40am our time)

Ps - Mike Matusow now 1 place in front of TK in 26th with 50k (+33.8k today) 

payout structure :

• Place
    • Earnings
    • 1st
    • $279,094
    • 2nd
    • $172,361
    • 3rd
    • $124,645
    • 4th
    • $91,085
    • 5th
    • $67,262
    • 6th
    • $50,197
    • 7th
    • $37,847
    • 8th
    • $28,821
    • 9th
    • $22,171
    • 10th-12th
    • $17,219
    • 13th-15th
    • $13,573
    • 16th-18th
    • $10,699
    • 19th-27th
    • $8,550
    • 28th-36th
    • $6,899
    • 37th-45th
    • $5,617
  • edited June 2013

Hi guys.

Still in here, just returned from the dinner break, it is 9.40 PM here.

I have 45,000 at 1,500-3,000, and there are 51 players remaining in, if you count me.

This is going to be a close run thing......
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013

48 remain.....
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013

And it is BUBBLE TIME.

Hand4Hand has commenced.
  • edited June 2013

The bubble has burst, and I am still in.

Can't tell you how pleased I am.

4 WSOP events in 9 years, and cashed in 3 of them. 

Nits rule. A bit. 

Thanks for the kind words, and virtual rail.
  • edited June 2013

good luck mr k.  excellent play.
  • edited June 2013
    Congrats on cashing Tikay - Just read Elsami went out on the bubble

A nice littlke $5.6k locked up 

Now TID and get that bracelet
  • edited June 2013

Well played sir!  Good way to start the day reading you have cashed in a WSOP event...AGAIN :)  Good luck with the rest of the event!

• edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    Good morning TK

Not sure what to say.......well done or unlucky!

I guess with 3 out of 4 cashes its got to be a massive Well Done Sir.

Good luck with the rest of your adventure.
    Mick
    Keep the Faith !
  • edited June 2013

Only 41st???......Rubbish!

#sortitouttikay
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    solid record there fella

congrats and ul 
  • edited June 2013
    WD Tikay

Yourself and Ryan seem to gaining some momentum. All stands in good stead for the ME

i see your friend from Cornwall is still in there with 17 players remaining
  • edited June 2013
    WSOP44 - $3000 NLH - 1072 entrants
    So close and yet so far for a British bracelet, Niall Farrell finished as runner-up to Sandeep Pulusani but still collected over $366,00 for second place. Mark Teltscher also made the final table finishing 6th and Ian Sampson ended up 14th, two spots ahead of Jason Mercier.

WSOP45 - $1500 Ante only Hold'em - 678 entrants
    We're down to a final table, and again there is a UK presence, the formidable presence of Chris Moorman lying in the middle of the remaining stacks. Moorman lost a big hand to Paul Lieu late on to hand Lieu the chip lead. David Vamplew cashed in 16th, Rhys Jones 42nd, Barny Boatman 46th, Neil Channing 56th and  Andrew Hills 66th (brits eliminated every 10 places?)

WSOP46 - $3000 PLO High-Low 8 or better - 435 entrants
    So our hero Tikay couldn't make Day 3. Still a fantastic effort and a record of 75% cashes in WSOP events is almost beyond belief. Three Brits remain among 17 survivors - Stephen Chadwick (who I seem to have mentioned almost every day), Mel Judah & Robert Price. As a fellow Cornishman I'm rooting for Price (even if the WSOP spell it "Cornwell" on their chip listings). Of course there's also a Shulman still in (Allyn has about an average stack) but the likes of Joe Hachem (20th), Gavin Smith (32nd) & Mike Matusow (39th) join Tikay with cash but now on the sidelines, as does one of the David Bakers but I don't know which one!

WSOP47 - $111,111 NLH for One Drop - 166 entries
    108 of the 166 are still standing, with Brandon Steven having the big stack at the end of Day 1. Toby Lewis & Jake Cody are still in, along with
    Philip Sternheimer who is rather confusingly shown as from London,UK,US! As you would expect most of the big names are still in contention for the $4.8 million first prize. This is the largest field ever for a 6-figure buy-in event anywhere. Not everyone who you would have heard of survived though, Siever, Ivey, Michael Mizrachi, Trickett & Lindgren were amont those eliminated early.

WSOP48 - $2500 Limit Hold'em 6 max 343 entrants
    343 have become 119, with only 36 getting paid they're still a long way from the bubble. Danny Le, William Toh & Andrew Yip fill three of the top five positions, with only 8 letters in their surnames between them. I can't see a single British name among those listed with chips, but I do see Tom Schneider (2 bracelets already this series), Todd Witteles (GaryQQQ, got a part of him for this as well?), Maria Ho, and former main event winner Joe Cada.

To start tonight
    WSOP49 - $1500 NLH
    WSOP50 - $2500 10 game mix, 6-max

And then we're only 9 days away from the  Main Event starting
  • edited June 2013

Great stuff as always, FCHD.

One slight "correction" - the WSOP site always lists Mel Judah as a Brit, because he used to live in London, but he is in fact, whisper it quietly, Australian.

I've known Mel very well, & for many years. mel is ALWAYS trying to sell something. A new variant of poker, "Bubble Protection", a new Online Poker Site, bla bla bl. And Mel is a good salesman, in that, when you offer resistance, he DOES NOT HEAR YOU.

So, I end up drawn next to him yesterday, & we've not seen each other to chat for a while, as I generally look the other way when I see him in case he tries to flog me something.

The very moment I sat next to him yesterday, the convo went like this......

Hi Mel, great to see you!

Hi Tony. You still writing articles & blogs & stuff for Wm Hill?

Well I left Wm Hill in 2005 Mel, but I still do stuff elsewhere, Sky Poker, blonde, etc.

Ahh, great. Is stuff about the Asian Poker Tour of any interest to your readers?

No, not really Mel, I help promote Sky Poker, an Online Poker Site in Great Britain & Ireland, & elsewhere, I just try to improve the image of poker, & help people enjoy the game.

Oh good, that is perfect, I'll send you the article then.

Umm, thanks Mel.

cg,hddh,xd'r,x',s,gdphg,xdr,xaaarrggh

• edited June 2013

Can I ask everyone who reads this thread to funk for FCHD, who is playing the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter this evening, please?

He deserves a nice win for all the hard work he invests in this Thread.

Go on, funk for him, please.
  • edited June 2013
    The bubble has burst, and I am still in. Can't tell you how pleased I am. 4 WSOP events in 9 years, and cashed in 3 of them.  Nits rule. A bit.  Thanks for the kind words, and virtual rail.
    Posted by Tikay10
    awesome record TK - bracelet a-beckoning
  • edited June 2013

GL FCHD in tonight's BH. I expect a full report on how you took the tournament down in here tomorrow (we will accept one non vegas report in here).

Tikay, what do you think of your odds to cash in the Main Event being slashed from 14/1....down to 7/1? Mr Hartigan said them odds were still too high and should even be lower. No pressure on you then....:)
  • edited June 2013
    GL FCHD in tonight's BH. I expect a full report on how you took the tournament down in here tomorrow (we will accept one non vegas report in here). Tikay, what do you think of your odds to cash in the Main Event being slashed from 14/1....down to 7/1? Mr Hartigan said them odds were still too high and should even be lower. No pressure on you then....:)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    At the risk of being off-message for once, I think those odds are WAY too low, & I would want 20/1. I do NOT recommend anyone to back me to cash. Sorry, Suits......

This is not false modesty. I have a reasonable competence in any 4 card game, especially PLO8, but NOT Hold Em these days. I used to be not far behind the best - I'm talking 6 or 8 years ago, when the game was different - but I'm the value these days in NLH, I really am. I could cash, but I'd need a series of soft tables (can easily happen) and a LOT of luck.

Please do NOT back me to cash.

Echo the words about FCHD though, it would be terrific if he had a deep run tonight, justice for all the hard work he does on this thread.

Apologies, by the way, for lack of blogs the last few days, time has been a bit of a problem. I have, literally, been sat at PLO8 Tables for around 50 of the last 72 hours. Living the dream!
  • edited June 2013
    GL FCHD in tonight's BH. I expect a full report on how you took the tournament down in here tomorrow (we will accept one non vegas report in here)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Sorry, would love to post that but I can't. It started alright, got Kings about third hand, ended up getting it all in against AQ and held, unfortunately I'd had to pay a blind and opponent hadn't so he had 30 chips left at the end meaning I didn't get a bounty. I was temporarily chip leader though! After that it went downhill, chased a couple of decent draws and had to give up on the river, got it in with pocket 10s against AQ with the chance to take a bounty and saw flop come AQx so lost a lot there, got a run of 54, 62, 52, 83 type hands and eventually got short and went all in with pocket nines got called by Jack-10 and Jack hit the flop so that was that. Back to 30p DYMs where I feel a lot more comfortable!

Anyway, back on topic:

Moorman's final table has just started, nothing much happening in the first few hands

"Tikay's event" re-starts in about 25 minutes

The One drop has just started Day 2, Esfandiari has already knocked out a player today so that's down to 107 standing.

I'll try and rail these for a couple of hours.

• edited June 2013
    WSOP45 - Down to 8, Moorman has been down to a short stack but has gone all in an picked up a few chips

WSOP46 - Also seen one elimination so far, Chidwick has lost a third of his chips doubling up the short stack, who then busted a few hands later

WSOP47 - One Drop - A number of players have left the tournament so far tonight, incluiding Vanessa Selbst & Toby Lewis
  • edited June 2013

Very Well Played Tikay great to see you made the cash n1
  • edited June 2013
    WSOP45 - $1500 Ante only Hold'em - 678 entrants
    Moorman tried to bring the bracelet back to the UK, but he was eliminated in 5th place. Ben Volpe eventually won. Third placer Louis Bonnecaze is in his 70s and won two bracelets over 20 years ago

WSOP46 - $3000 PLO High-Low 8 or better - 435 entrants
    Vladimir Schmelev has come close to a bracelet several times, and finally converted one of his chances in event 46, also earning him $279K (which should of course be Tikay's). Schemelev got the better of Mel Judah after he flopped a full house to get all the money in. Robert Price finished 11th & Stephen Chidwick 14th.

WSOP47 - $111,111 NLH for One Drop - 166 entrants
    24 remain, 2 away from the bubble. Martin Jacobson (Sweden) holds the overnight lead, with Antonio Esfandiari, Phil Laak, Shaun Deeb, Yevgeny Timoshenko & Mike Sexton among those still in. No British players remain.

WSOP48 - $2500 Limit Hold'em 6 max 343 entrants
    Still in play with 12 left (and as typical with Limit Hold'em, no UK players amongst them). David "Bakes" Baker is among them, chasing his 5th final table of the Series which would probably overhaul Daniel Negreanu in player-of-the-year stakes. Other players still in include Maria Ho & Juha Helppi.

WSOP49 - $1500 NLH - 2247 entrants
    257 made it through day 1 with 243 to get paid. there isn't a full chip count list up yet, but Tripp Kirk is thought to be the chip leader, with Eric Baldwun & Erica Lindgren not far behind, and some Brits mentioned in despatches with chips - Barny Boatman, Neil Channing & Simon Deadman.

WSOP50 - $2500 10 game mix, 6-max - 372 entrants
    After defending champion Vanessa Selbst busted early, Howard Smith leads the 168 survivors for Day 2. Also mentioned as still standing: Konstantin Puchkov, Greg Raymer & Freddy Deeb. The picture in this one may also get a bit clearer when the full positions are posted.

To start today
    WSOP51 - $10,000 Ladies Championship
    WSOP52 - $25,000 NLH 6 max