You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop:
    To start today WSOP51 - $10,000 Ladies Championship WSOP52 - $25,000 NLH 6 max
    Posted by FCHD
    Don't forget we have our very own Natalie Bromley in this one

GL!
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013

Was just wondering how many Sky Poker Players are gonna be out in Vegas between now & the Main Event & if Possible what Events will they be playing as it would be good to follow there progress
  • edited June 2013
    OK, bit of an update from those I left "hanging" a little earlier on

WSOP48 - $2500 Limit Hold'em 6 max 343 entrants
    They stopped at 12 players (so 2 tables), Danny Le's 421000 chips making him the chip leader with Danny Warchol only 4000 behind. Ho/Helppi/Bakes in 4th/5th & 6th

WSOP49 - $1500 NLH - 2247 entrants
    Looks like I was a little premature thinking the above was the end of day position. In fact on 243 play on with Yun Lo & Tue Phan the chip leaders. Brits noted as still in the top half - Sadan Turker (27th), Louis Salter (51st), Najib Kamand (75th), Jonas Lauck (105th) - not a 7 letter or longer name betwen them but still nowhere near short enough monickers to be chip leaders!

Further down are the likes of Barny Boatman, Alberto Flores, Simon Deadman, Simon Child, Andrew Teng, Neil Channing, Daniel Gill, Adrian Passfield, and Marc Foggin who is shown as one of four players with 1 chip.

WSOP50 - $2500 10 game mix, 6-max - 372 entrants
    Again, the previous posting was out of date. Brits leading at the end of a day have been more common in recent days and we have one here as well - Howard Smith from Bedford.
    Other UK players (or at least shown by WSOP as from the UK) Sebastion Saffari, Thomas Kettel, Robert Price (another good run by the Cornishman looming?) & Matthew Ashton

Super good luck to Natalie in the ladies event, hope not too many men try to spoil it.
  • edited June 2013

Talking of Natalie.......

• edited June 2013

CoxyLBoro is here, just heard he has been playing cash for 14 hours straight, in the Rio, & has got the lot.

MacMonster is also here, James Rann, Scotty of course, & a few others. Photos as & when I see them.

Here's the Royal Couple in the Media Centre this morning.

• edited June 2013
    As far as the updates go so far, it looks like it is all ladies. Among those noted as playing - Vicky Coren, Annette Obrestad, Kathy Liebert, Gaelle Baumann, Jennifer Tilly, Allyn Jaffrey Shulman, Vanessa Selbst & Natalie Bromley
  • edited June 2013
    One Drop is on the bubble (sounds appropriate, doesn't it?) - a $173,000 bubble
  • edited June 2013
    Good morning from a frighteningly hot Las Vegas. We're expecting record breaking temperatures this week. Think I'll stay indoors .... 

Firstly, I'd like to extend a massive thank you to the Sky community for the kind words and good luck wishes that have been sent my way. You're an incredible bunch, I hope you know that.

I'm sad to report that I bust the WSOP Ladies about 10pm (6am local time). I had a horrible hand with KK which knocked me down to 15 bigs, then never recovered. Got it in with AQdd v 10 10 but the pair held. I finished top 200 (the board was a little erratic and not that reliable so the exact position is as yet unknown).   I was really pleased so given that I had to play 7 hours with a certain Liv Boeree (nursing the chip lead) directly to my left. Tough day in the office but I did the Brits (and Sky Players) proud and wasn't that far off making day two in the end. Sigh.

I will post more when I return, along with some pics. I have a full poker schedule planned for the week so hopefully a nice cash will come my way.  I'll also let you know if Mr Brommers decides to play a bracelet event. 

B

• edited June 2013
    WSOP47 - $111,111 NLH for One Drop - 166 entrants
    The One Drop has gone into an unscheduled Day 4 with 4 players remaining, Bill Perkins (Chip leader), Anthony Gregg, Chris Klodnicki and one Antonio Esfandiari. It would be some story if The Magician could win One Drop two years in a row...

WSOP48 - $2500 Limit Hold'em 6 max - 343 entrants
    With event 47 still going on, Event 48 finished on schedule. Marco Johnson took the bracelet and over $200,000. Previously he had finished runner-up in a WSOP event three times, including this same event last year and one event earlier in the current series. This time he crossed the line ahead of fellow-American Jeff Thompson with Juha Helppi best Euro in third.

21 players make Day 3 headed by Swedish pro Robin Ylitalo (glad I didn't type this up in Word first, that would have sent spell-check into a meltdown!). British news centres on the Hendon Mob's Barny Boatman, who lies in 11th place overnight and is guaranteed over $15K. There were also cashes for british players Simon Deadman, Louis Salter, Sadan Turker, Simon Child, Marac Foggin, Najib Kamand, Andrew Teng, Jonas Lauck, Adrian Passfield, Neil Channing & Alberto Flores

Down to 20 with last year's 12 placer in the  Main Event, Scott Adams, in the lead. Sebastian Saffari leads the British challenge in 2nd, Philip Sternheimer who I'm still not too sure about (from London,UK,US remember) is 3rd & Thomas Kettel 11th. One big name still in is Gregg Raymer, but Scotty Nguyen was the last elimination of the night.

WSOP51 - $10,000 Ladies Championship - 954 entrants
    Sadly no Natalie Bromley among the 122 survivors led by Christine Priday from the wonderfully named "Commerce City, Colorado" (which contains the home ground of the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer). Lynne Beaumont heads a fairly small GB contingent in 6th, the others being Liv Boeree (14th), Eleanor Gudger (19th) and Claire Renaut (48th). 117 will get paid so they'll be virtually on the bubble when play resumes

WSOP52 - $25,000 NLH 6 max - 175 entrants
    Early days in this one (only 8 levels played on Day 1 compared to 10 in most other events), with 101 players coming back for Day 2. Maxi Lehmanski holds the chip lead, with the likes of Phil Galfont, Marvin Rettenmaier, David "Bakes" Baker & Brian Rast all close behind. Flying the Union Flag - Stephen Chidwick, Mark Teltscher, Talal Shakerchi & a short stacked Chris Brammer.

To start today
    WSOP53 - $1500 NLH
  • edited June 2013
    Congrats to Barny Boatman for winning his first bracelet today!

Great result nod hopefully this will open the flood gates for more British bracelets this Summer :-) 
  • edited June 2013
    Congrats to Barny Boatman for winning his first bracelet today! Great result nod hopefully this will open the flood gates for more British bracelets this Summer :-) 
    Posted by dylan12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HAGAozsECI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSu1ww_wgD0XD66C1ESrIGQ
  • edited June 2013
    WSOP47 - $111,111 NLH for One Drop - 166 entrants
    Esfandiari couldn't defend his high roller crown as he was first out on the unscheduled Day 4. The huge prize and the braceleyt went to Tony Gregg

Woo-hoo! A British bracelet at last. And it went to one of the most respected names in British poker - Barny Boatman. After being about average stacked for a very long time, he changed gears on the final table eliminating several of the players to get down to heads up with Brian O'Donoghue. A long heads up battle ensued before the Hendon Mob man took down the event aftergoing all in with pocket 10s against AK, an hitting a 10 on the flop. Cue huge celebrations from the notoriously loud British rail!

So close and yet so far to a British double. Sebastien Saffari had to settle for 2nd place and $135K, with Philip Sternheimer in 3rd. The dastardly American who dashed the Brits' dreams was Brandon Wong.

Down to a final table of nine. Shana Matthews has most chips going into Day 3 ahead of Day 1 chip leader Chris Priday. British hopes rely on Eleanor Gudger (3rd) as Lynne Beaumont & Claire Renaut just missed the final table in 10th & 11th respectively. Liv Boeree went out in 54th, and I have reason to believe Kelly Peters in 115th may be from these shores as well even though she is shown as from Guatemala in the results.

Day 1 chip leader Max Lehamnski  ended Day still as the chip leader and one of just 18 survivors. All 18 are in the money after a bubble of two and a half hours where level 17 was played twice to get to the position the WSOP wanted for Day 3. Stephen Chidwick, who is having a very good series, is the only UK player still in, in 2nd place.

WSOP53 - $1500 NLH - 2816 entrants
    320 have made the cut for Day 2 so still quite a bit of play before the bubble bursts. Bigger than all the other 1500 events except the Millionaire Maker, this one boasts a first prize of nearly two thirds of a million dollars. Alben Juan holds the chip lead, with David Vamplew on the edge of the top 10 the best of the Brits. Others marked with "GB" - Chris Moorman, Iqbal Ahmed, Talal Shakerchi, Nichiei Hicks, Jack Ellwood, Luke Marsh, Sunny Chattha, Lee Taylor, Neil Macfayden, John Eames, Sebastian Gohr, Darren Judges, Mark Dillon, James Rann &  Paul Foltyn.

To start today
    WSOP54 - $1000 NLH
    WSOP55 - $50000 Poker Players Championship

Just a week until the Main Event starts....

• edited June 2013
    Runitsrann's Day 2 table:

Seat 1 - Malik Boney (USA) 16,400 chips
    Seat 2 - David Byer (USA) 20,200 chips
    Seat 3 - Tomas Petru (CZE) 72,400 chips
    Seat 4 - Wee Tan (SIN) 19,600 chips
    Seat 5 - Did not report - 78,100 chips
    Seat 6 - Timothy Duckworth (AUS) 31,500 chips
    Seat 7 - Derek Dempsey (USA) 67,000 chips
    Seat 8 - Tanya Kirk (USA) 22,000 chips
    Seat 9-  James Rann (GBR) 16,400 chips

James lies in 268th place (of 320) with 297 to get paid (min cash is $2775). When they get back the blinds will be 600-1200 with a 200 chip ante.

• edited June 2013
    Thanks again Mr FCHD, great stuff.

Good luck James Rann, hope you get that spin up.
  • edited June 2013
    Playing in Event #54 today is our very own Adam Bromley (bromley04 / The Boy).

I'm on the rail and sending run good!

B
  • edited June 2013
    Good luck Adam from good old blighty :-)
  • edited June 2013

good luck to dad

• edited June 2013
    Playing in Event #54 today is our very own Adam Bromley (bromley04 / The Boy). I'm on the rail and sending run good! B
    Posted by Bromley023
    Very best of luck to Adam and you too for your next event.  keeping fingers crossed here for you both.

PS any udpade on Runitsrann yet?
  • edited July 2013

Good Luck Adam & Natalie
  • edited July 2013
    Meanwhile, the $1,000 Re-Entry NLH affair attracted a whopping field of 3,164, of which just 55 remain, & the winner can look forward to a half million dollar payday, which is quite an ROI. I cannot see any Brits still in this, but there may be one or two.   Currently 6th in chips is one Kenny Nguyen. ("Nguyen" is pronounced "Win").   I've never heard of this particular Nguyen, but the most famous Nguyen is of course Scotty - you call me baby & it's all over  - but do you realise how many Nguyens there are playing poker in the USA? The question is rhetorical, of course, because you neither know, nor care, but I'm going to tell you anyway. 697. SIX HUNDRED & NINETY SEVEN! (Source, THM Database). I assume they were originally from South East Asia, where, one assumes, the Nguyen surname is like Smith in England, Jones in Scotland, Patel in India, or Murphy in Ireland.   Fascinating, eh? Perhaps not..... Anyway, here's an interview I did with the great Scotty Nguyen back in 2009. " Great "? Well if Celeb status counts for anything, yup, - the man is incredibly popular over there, as you can see from all the autograph hunters on his case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_1BA1qFSrE
    Posted by Tikay10

Jones is NOT a common name in Scotland - Think you meant Wales? 

Loving the thread! 

• edited July 2013
    Kristin Nepean added to Canada's success in this series as she won the Ladies event, ahead of players from Australia & France. Eleanor Gudger couldn't add to Barny Boatman's UK bracelet tally as she ended the event in 6th place taking home $27,000

I always thought Phil Galfond had more than one bracelet, but in fact prior to this event he has just the one (and only one final table). He is currently heads up with Steve Sung who also has one bracelet. Stephen Chidwick exited in 4th place for the UK, with Day 1 & 2 chipleader Max Lehmanski just behind in 5th.

Sky player James Rann made a min-cash in 262nd place (for $2775) as 25 players move forward to Day 3. Jonathan Cohen (yes another Canadian) is chip leader overnight, with German Sebastian Paul in second. David Vamplew (8th) is the only British player left, while down in 19th is the really annoying Costa Rican veteran Humberto Brenes.

WSOP54 - $1000 NLH - 2883 entrants
    Well in the money after Day 1 (only 243 remain). I haven't seen a full update yet, and haven't been able to see if either Bromley is still going. Unfortunately it is unlikely that I will be online again today so if anyone has proper end of day information, please feel free to add it here

WSOP55 - $50000 Poker Players Championship -120 entrants
    It looks like there are only 4 elimniations on Day 1 - Ralph Perry, Matt Glantz, Johnny Chan & Vanessa Selbst, as 116 remain. Play is continiung with it looks like Jonathan Duhamel - another Canadian of course (who got most of Selbst's chips) the leader but it is very early days.

To Start Today
    WSOP 56 - $2500 NLH

• edited July 2013
    T.I.D.    ADAM
  • edited July 2013

Question for Tikay, which are better British Latte or American Latte? gl in your Tourneys
  • edited July 2013
    Hi everyone...thanks for all the support. Unfortunately I busted in about 650th when my tens couldn't hold against AQ.

Had a great time playing it though! Oh well the good thing about Vegas is there's always another one just around the corner so on to the next one!!  
  • edited July 2013
    In the heads-up battle of 1-bracelet holder, Steve Sung got the better of Phil Galfond and is over a million dollars richer as a result.

They've called it a night with 3 players left, and the chip leader is Scottish pro David Vamplew. American Barry Shaffer is close behind, while the third player (from Finland) has about a third of the two big stacks.

WSOP54 - $1000 NLH - 2883 entrants
    And we're back to 14 players going forward to Day 3 again!

Barry Hutter is the chip leader, with almost twice as much as anyone else as several big hands saw clashes between big stacks near the end of play. One Brit remains - Thomas Hall, with two ladies also among the last 14. Other UK cashes - Andre Sochovsky (17th), Louis Salter (24th), Sam Grafton (66th) & Arjun Pasricha (71st),

WSOP55 - $50000 Poker Players Championship -132 entrants
    Some late entrants (on Day 2!) took the field up to 132, 24 more than last year. 78 remain, headed by David Benyamine, ahead of Jonathan Duhamel with Brit Mathew Ashton tucked in there in third. Richard Ashby, Steven Chidwick & Rory Matthews are also still in there flying either the St George's Cross or the Scottish Saltire. Of course in an event like this there are still loads of "big names" playing on as well, e.g. Lindgren, Brunson (D), Greenstein, Mercier, Harman but I can't see any Shulmans!

WSOP 56 - $2500 NLH - 1736 entrants
    261 remain with a few hands left to be played on Day 1, hopefully I'll get a chance to do a proper report on this one later on.

To start today
    WSOP57 - $5000 NLH
  • edited July 2013
    WSOP56 update
    242 have made Day 2 with 198 to be paid. Floridian Anthony Ruberto holds the chip lead, with Nicolas Levi the highest placed UK player in 4th. Mark Teltscher is in 19th, with others who are shown as from this country including Klas Lofberg, Jack Ellwood, Martin Malome, Rhys Jones, Anthony Forsyth Forrest, Jack Salter, Paul van Nunes, Deborah Worley Roberts, Sunny Chattha, Jamie Burland, Dan Pickard (Nosebleed on Sky) & Peter Robinson,  Big names chasing this bracelet - not so many as most of them were engaged in the Poker Players' event. Still the field does include Pius Heinz & Eric Seidel

P.S. Has anyone heard how Tikay & Ryan are doing post their WSOP cashes? I haven't heard much about or from them in over a week! (perhaps it's a good sign that they are playing and not posting!)