You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Well played Ryan.  Enjoyed following you and good luck with the next game.

Sue

xx
  • edited June 2013

still excellent.
  • edited June 2013
    Was up at 6am for work and checked latest, then looked forward all morning to hear of a day 3 seat but grrrrrrrr :( so close Ryan, still a great result, must be in profit across bracelet events now after a slow start.

To finish 22nd out of 2161 is not easy, puts all our sky poker flips into perspective doesnt it, such a huge flip, where was the ace or queen eh dealer, pffffft F I X :p

Keep up the great updates FCHD

Anyone know if Reds is out there yet? and what events hes playing?
  • edited June 2013
    WP Ryan - gr8 result, but UL at  the end
  • edited June 2013
    Ok, to carry on from where we left off

WSOP38 - $2500 4-Max NLH - 566 entrants
    Already updated

WSOP39 - $1500 7-Card Stud Hi-Low 8 or better - 558 entrants
    Another day, another braceler for Canada. Daniel Edama got the better of Joseph Hertzog to take home the bracelet & $184,000

WSOP40 - $1500 NLH - 2161 entrants
    I think we've had quite enough on this event for now, don't you?

WSOP41 - $5000 PLO 6-max - 400 entrants
    23 left in, the WSOP show
    Salman Behbehani as still in for the British contingent, but he is actually an American. Steve Gross is the leader with Yevgeni Timoshenko & Sorel Mizzi the biggest "names" left along with a winner of an earlier event Trevor Pope.  Peter Charalambous was best of the geniune Brits in 31st, just ahead of Rickie Vedhara.

WSOP42 - $1000 NLH - 2100 entrants
    Already in the money with just 168 making it through Day 1. Matt Matros has held the chip lead virtually all day (looking for his fourth bracelet in as many years), with November Niner Jake Balsinger close behind. Neil Channing cashed but crashed out late on Day 1, as did Paul Foltyn. Conversely, both Sam Grafton & Niall Farrell are in good shape. Mike Ellis, Rory Matthews, Patrick Leonard, Michael Charlton & Darren Judges are all still there with stacks of various sizes, along with Dan Pickard ("Nosebleed") who is somehwere in the middle. Dan's got a really tough Day 2 table, including Grafton, former EPT Grand Final winner Isaac Baron, 5-time bracelet winner (including event 23) David Chiu and Victor Ramdin who has almost $4 million career cashes.

WSOP43 - $10,000 2-7 Lowball Draw No Limit  - 87 entrants
    A big-name pro heavy field of just 87 entered chasing a gold bracelet, and 55 of them pass on to Day 2 Calvin Anderson has the most chips of those 55, but a lot of people you have probably heard off in close contention, e.g. Layne Flack, Tom Scheinder, Phil Laak, Jeffrey Lisandro etc. along with one Stuart Rutter who is in 15th overnight with about an average stack. One name near the bottom of the chip counts that I have spotted for the first time this year is Johnny Chan. Stuart's day 2 table includes David "Bakes" Baker, Phil Galfond & defending champion Nick Schulman

To start today
    WSOP44 - $3000 NLH
  • edited June 2013

Excellent work FHCD - appreciate the updates

Great news on Ryan cashing for 15 big ones and unlucky you never went further - their will be a bracelet at some point mate.

Focus on the next event and keep playing poker!

Cheers

Chris Jones
    POKEY2011
    (Not in Vegas)

• edited June 2013
    WSOP40 - $1500 NLH - 2161 entrants
    Jared Hamby took "Ryan's Bracelet" and over half a million dollars, beating fellow American Peter Hangsakul heads-up. It was a good event for the Latin Americans with players from Chile, Brazil & Argentina in the top 7. Kara Scott went out in 17th.

WSOP41 - $5000 PLO 6-max - 400 entrants
    We're down to heads up between American Steve Gross, and American but with a Union Jack beside his name Salman Behbehani

11 make Day 3 with a Brit in the lead! Rory Matthews from Edinburgh has the lead from Hungarian Norbert Szecsi. Londoner Mike Ellis cashed in 20th, "Nosebleed" Dan Pickard 57th, Sam Grafton 62nd, MIchael Charlton 85th, Niall Farrell 105th, Patrick Leonard 106th and Andrew Hills 143rd (for lower UK cashes see yesterday's report)

Still playing with 8 remaining, unfortunately Stu Rutter not amongst them. Hopefully do an update on this one later on.

WSOP44 - $3000 NLH - 1072 entrants
    This one has ended for the night with Zo Karim the chip leader. Dan Kelly, who has made 2 final tables already is close behind in 3rd and Paul Foltyn from Doncaster 8th. Other Brits - Ian Simpson 25th, Mark Teltshcer 30th, recent channel 861 guest Simon Deadman 49th, and a half-dozen or so further down including David Vamplew & Matt Perrins who both have small stacks.

To start today
    WSOP45 - $1500 Ante only Hold'em
    WSOP46 - $3000 PLO High-Low 8 or better

• edited June 2013

To tidy up those events that were still in play:

WSOP40
    Local Steve Gross, a well known on-line winner, got the better of Salman Behbehani after a 40+ hands heads up battle. For an Omaha hand, the eventual winning hand of a pair of sevens was pretty low

WSOP43
    Day 2 ended with a final table of seven, who have 16 bracelets between them. Layne Flack (who has 6 of the 16) is the chip leader. And I can confirm there were no UK cashers in this event.

• edited June 2013

Many congrats to Ryan, what a wonderful effort by him.
  • edited June 2013

A quick mention for FCHD, to thank him for all the hard work & enthusism he puts into these updates.
  • edited June 2013
    Keep an eye out for Simon Deadman in the $3k. He has made day 2 with 59k, average is 40k he is a DTD reg and a great player!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop:
    Keep an eye out for Simon Deadman in the $3k. He has made day 2 with 59k, average is 40k he is a DTD reg and a great player!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1
  • edited June 2013
    It's a bracelet for Hungary as Norbert Szecsi took it down for the land of the Magyars. He beat Denis Gnidash heads up after playing a final table that was done and dusted in 5 hours. Rory Matthews couldn't make the most of his overnight chip lead and ended up in 5th place, still one of the best GB results this series.

With all the bracelet holders on the final table, it was perhaps a little bit of a surprise that Jesse Martin was the one to walk away victorious at the end of the day. He beat the 2010 winner of this event David "Bakes" Baker to win first place and prize money of just over a quarter of a million dollars.

Still in play with 23 players remaining. Jason Mercier one  of those with above average stack. Further update to follow at close of Day 2.

WSOP45 - $1500 Ante only Hold'em - 678 entrants
    The WSOP called it a night as the bubble burst to leave 71 players standing in this still new form  of the game. For the second day running we have a Brit as chip leader in one of the events as Chris Moorman has a decent lead (145K to his nearest challenger's 118K). Several other Brits in including a few "names" - David Vamplew (31st), Rhys Jones (35th), Barny Boatman (45th), Andrew Hills (49th) & Neil Channing (63rd).

WSOP46 - $3000 PLO High-Low 8 or better - 435 entrants

Again, still playing so I'll leave this one to later

To start today
    WSOP47 - $111,111 NLH for One Drop
    WSOP48 - $2500 Limit Hold'em 6 max

• edited June 2013

WSOP44 - Jason Mercier finished 8th in chips out of 22 remaining. He may 'swerve' the one drop now as he goes into day 3 in good shape.

WSOP46 - TIKAY IS playing this and has made day 2. he bagged up 22,600 chips and there is possibly 144 remaining out of the 435 that started. Top 45 will be in the money. GL GL GL to Tikay from all the Sky Poker Forum regs.
  • edited June 2013

Thanks Maxally

Update on the two events

Three Brits in the final 22, with two of them in very good shape - Niall Farrell (1st) & Mark Teltscher (3rd). The third player is Ian Simpson who has the third lowest stack of those coming back for Day 3. Several UK cashes so far - Paul Foltyn (35th), Gary Pearce (48th), Simon Deadman (64th), Stephen Chidwick (71st), Andrew Hulme (72nd) & Sunny Chattha (77th).
    As Maxally mentions, Jason Mercier is currently 8th, I believe he has a large number of side bets of 3-1 about him winning a bracelet this summer.

WSOP46 - $3000 PLO High-Low 8 or better - 435 entrants
    139 left of which 45 will get paid. Tikay comes back with in 75th place with 22,600 chips (chip leader Matt Woodward is on nearly 100K)

Tikay's starting Day 2 table

Seat 1 Yueqi Zhu (USA) 27,000 chips
    Seat 2 Niklas Toorell (SWE) 7,400 chips
    Seat 3 Cai Zhen (USA) 95,300 chips (2nd in chips overall)
    Seat 4 John  Holley (USA) 21,200 chips
    Seat 5 Tony Kendall (GBR) 22,600 chips
    Seat 6 Robert Price (GBR) 31,000 chips
    Seat 7 Bradley Ruben (USA) 8,500 chips
    Seat 8 Paul Francoi Tedeschi (FRA) 70,800 chips
    Seat 9 Benjamin Dobson (USA) 18.000 chips
    Anyone who anything about any of those players please share it with us!

other names I spotted in a brief run through : Eoghan & Donnocha O'Dea, Antoine Saout (as least I assume its him although the table draw lists is as Antonie Saout), Padraig Parkinson, Jeff Madsen, Mike Matusow. Joe Hachem & Mel Judah

• edited June 2013
    Paul Tedeschi

Came 10th in Event 17 WSOP
    Came 32nd in Event 21 WSOP

Regular live cashes - looks decent
  • edited June 2013
    John Holley

3rd in Event 26 WSOP
    46th in Event 35 WSOP

$405,000 in earnings this year
  • edited June 2013
    Robert Price

1st in a $600 Stud Hi-lo deepstack game this month in Vegas

Came 4th in Omaha Hi-Lo game at 2009 WSOP
  • edited June 2013
    What about Ryan running deep is he happy sad or mad, how did he go out like a lion probably was he unlucky what was is exit hand like. Its a well done from me come on Ryan lets go deeper in the main event.
  • edited June 2013

Morning all, & thank you for the virtual mini-rail, & to FCHD for today's table Draw.

The guy to my immediate left today, Robert Price, is a "poker friend" of many years standing. Without exaggaration, we must have shared tables in a dozen or more 12 PLO8 Tournaments in Vegas last year & this, he & I both play the Vegas PLO8 "mini-circuit" which consists of a really odd bunch of misfits & eccentrics. He is VERY aggro, sometimes overly so.

I don't actually recall sharing a Final Table with him though.

He also went deep in the WSOP $1,500 PLO8 in which I cashed last year. There is a photo of him in ony of my Vegas Blogs LAST year, he was wearing an England shirt, whilst we were playing PLO8 @ Binions or wherever, & simultaneously watching England on the plasma screen during the World Cup, or Euro12, or whatever it was.

He will be a right pain to me today, as he has position, is seriously aggro, & has a VERY wide & creative range, & is not afraid to make very thin calls.

Part of me wishes him well today, he is a lovely fella, & part of me wishes he implodes by being over aggressive, as he usually does. I'm sure you can understand my mixed feelings.

He is from Cornwall, & so has hundreds of cousins & nieces, if you get my drift. ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Morning all, & thank you for the virtual mini-rail, & to FCHD for today's table Draw. The guy to my immediate left today, Robert Price, is a "poker friend" of many years standing. Without exaggaration, we must have shared tables in a dozen or more 12 PLO8 Tournaments in Vegas last year & this, he & I both play the Vegas PLO8 "mini-circuit" which consists of a really odd bunch of misfits & eccentrics. He is VERY aggro, sometimes overly so. I don't actually recall sharing a Final Table with him though. He also went deep in the WSOP $1,500 PLO8 in which I cashed last year. There is a photo of him in ony of my Vegas Blogs LAST year, he was wearing an England shirt, whilst we were playing PLO8 @ Binions or wherever, & simultaneously watching England on the plasma screen during the World Cup, or Euro12, or whatever it was. He will be a right pain to me today, as he has position, is seriously aggro, & has a VERY wide & creative range, & is not afraid to make very thin calls. Part of me wishes him well today, he is a lovely fella, & part of me wishes he implodes by being over aggressive, as he usually does. I'm sure you can understand my mixed feelings. He is from Cornwall, & so has hundreds of cousins & nieces, if you get my drift. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    GL Tikay
    How does he manage his cards/chips with so many thumbs? ;-)
  • edited June 2013

Ha!

Vespa got my drift. ;)

All in jest of course, & Robert would expect nothing less, we have fantastic banter at the Tables, & I like him very much. Still, he is from Cornwall......
  • edited June 2013

There IS another Sky Poker regular still in this, too, one "doobs".

He is a good close friend of mine in another life, so to speak.

He showed great faith & optimism in me last year by insisting on buying 20% of my action in the 2012 WSOP PLO8, an investment which paid off surprisingly but handsomely for him.

He has shown similar faith this year & has 10% of my action in this.

As it happen, I have, I think (can't recall the exact numbers) 12.5% of his action in this event, so I would LOVE him to have a deep run!

He has 29,300 chips, & he knows EXACTLY how to use them, being one of the most intelligent poker players I have ever met. He is, by profession, an Actuary.

This guy has a REAL chance in this today, he really has. Good luck doobsy.

• edited June 2013
    Best of luck to you Tikay...please make sure you make the final day so the Bromleys can come rail you tomorrow :))
  • edited June 2013

Best of luck today Tony, will be following the updates as long as I can.

Many thanks to FCHD for the awesome effort put into this thread, keeping us in the loop.

• edited June 2013

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Tikay just got a nice double up vs the tournament chip leader. No idea how the betting went but I imagine it was in pretty quicksmart.

Our man had the lovely Ad As 4s 2c against Tedeschi's Ac Kc 10s 2d

Flop of 7s Qs 10d so now having to dodge a non spade  10/J/K to avoid going behind. The 8s gives the nut flush and now just needing to dodge all sixes, fives, fours and threes to avoid chopping a low pot (and therefore a quarter of total pot), a mericifull Qh comes and thats how you double up, well done mr kendall :)

Was on 38k after that, still a while until the cash spots, 45 cash, 108 left, very approx 37th place for the great great godfather of sky poker

• edited June 2013
    WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII Tikay just got a nice double up vs the tournament chip leader.  Our man had the lovely Ad As 4s   2c  against Tedeschi's Ac Kc 10s 2d Flop of 7s Qs 10d so now having to dodge a non spade  10/J/K to avoid going behind. The 8s gives the nut flush and now just needing to dodge all sixes, fives, fours and threes to avoid chopping a low pot (and therefore a quarter of total pot), a mericifull Qh comes and thats how you double up, well done mr kendall :) Was on 38k after that, still a while until the cash spots, 45 cash, 108 left, very approx 37th place for the great great godfather of sky poker  
    Posted by Janana

Excellent ! GL TK
  • edited June 2013
    46,000 now, bang on average. 86 players remain.

Ooooohhhhh
  • edited June 2013
    46,000 now, bang on average. 86 players remain. Ooooohhhhh
    Posted by Tikay10

n1 Tikay, Very best of Luck to you & i hope you make the cash
  • edited June 2013

Doobs is still in, too.