You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop

Comments

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop:
    Tuned into the stream of the FT for Event 18 and got hopeful when all I heard was British rail voices followed by an admonishment from the TD.  Sadly I soon discovered they had attached themselves to Taylor Paul, an American I believe.  Then another player decides to slow the play down until the Brits 'behave' themselves. Now really you'd think I'd agree to a certain amount of decorum.  However as I have to listen to American fans scream 'Get In The Hole!' off the tee from a Par 4 during the Ryder Cup about a hundred times, I have no problem with the rowdy behaviour of people in a place nicknamed Sin City which promotes hedonism to the nth degree
    Posted by TommyD
    Not to mention the idiot stood behind the 18th tee at the masters who kept shouting "mashed potato" give me strength.
  • edited June 2013
    Have a great time in Vegas Tony.  Bring a bracele
    t back with you.

Sue

xx

PS Wish I was there with you.
  • edited June 2013
    Some problems with the Updates on the official site this morning, so only a brief update on two events for now, hopefully a better update available after lunch.

WSOP24 - $1500 NLH - 1731 entrants
    Yesterday, I mentioned that two brits were still in the mix, well Gareth Teatum finished 8th and Zimnan Ziyard went one better in 7th.
    However on the WSOP results page, they are now showing that the runner-up, Daniel Cascado, is also a Brit (I'm sure they weren't yesterday, and Hendon Mob don't have a nationality for him - he finished 52 in the "Millionaire Maker" earlier in the Series.
    Anyway, he didn't win as he was beaten heads-up by American Corey Harrison

WSOP25 - $5000 Omaha Hi-Low -241 entrants
    This looks it is down to heads-up between Christopher George & Danny Fuhs, the two big names Brian Hastings & Robert Mizrachi out in 4th & 3rd respectively

WSOP26 - $1000 Seniors NLH - 4407 entrants
    WSOP27 - $3000 Mixed Max NLH - 593 entrants
    WSOP28 - $1500 NLH - 2115 entrants
    WSOP29 - $5000 Horse
    WSOP30 - $1000 NLH
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop : Not to mention the idiot stood behind the 18th tee at the masters who kept shouting "mashed potato" give me strength.
    Posted by pacman599
    It was the US Open but thanks for clearing that up . Thought i was hearing things
  • edited June 2013
    Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Just spent ages trawling through pages of threads to find this, then find it's been moved to the top of Page 1.

Anyway: Updates on WSOP official site still having issues so had to resort to other data sources:

WSOP24 - $1500 NLH - 1731 entrants
    Yesterday, I mentioned that two brits were still in the mix, well Gareth Teatum finished 8th and Zimnan Ziyard went one better in 7th.
    However on the WSOP results page, they are now showing that the runner-up, Daniel Cascado, is also a Brit (I'm sure they weren't yesterday, and Hendon Mob don't have a nationality for him - he finished 52 in the "Millionaire Maker" earlier in the Series.
    Anyway, he didn't win as he was beaten heads-up by American Corey Harrison
    Pokernews is implying Cascado is from South Georgia & The South Sandwich Islands according to the flag next to his name, which I seriously doubt!

WSOP25 - $5000 Omaha Hi-Low -241 entrants
    Danny Fuhs got the better of Christopher George after a heads-up match that lasted hours. Fuhs gets the jewellrey & $277,000 while George has to settle for $171,000.  The final table's two big names Brian Hastings & Robert Mizrachi out in 4th & 3rd respectively

34 of the Over-50 brigade left in after 2 Days. James Mitchell ahead of Kenneth Lind & James McClendon who are the only 3 with over a million chips. Not too many big names left in (I notice Chris Bjorin was a late bustout), Hoyt Corkins the only one that directly springs to mind.

Brandon Cantu leads the 32 still standing ahead of last years November niner Jeremy Ausmus. the tournament now enteres Heads-Up Play with no British players involved.
    Cantu will play Monegasque player Govert Metaal in the first heads-up round with a stack advantage of 519,600 to 23,600, about a 22-1 advantage

Tom Alner, Chris Moorman & Alex Lindop cashed for the UK representatives.

233 of the 2115 made Day 2, led by Jason Duval. Pokernews mentions that UK & Ireland players have a good record in this event, with Chris McCorkell, Chris Brammer, Ash Mason (any relation?), Rupert Elder & Eoghan O'Dea also mentioned by name as having decent stacks to take forward. 216 will get paid so expect the first hour of tonight's play to be a bit slow as the bubble approaches

WSOP29 - $5000 Horse - 261 entrants
    One for the big hitters, 261 of them to be exact, with 154 making Day 2. Chris Klodnicki has the overnight lead, but a star-studded field will be aiming to make a move on Day 2 including Daniel Negreanu, Vanessa Selbst, Eric Seidel, Phil Hellmuth & Michael Mizrachi, all of whom have above-average stacks. Luke Schwartz (I'd forgotten about him) has about average.

To start today
    WSOP30 - $1000 NLH

With the big hitters involved in the HORSE, a chance for a lesser known player to emerge. We're now at event 30 of 62, just about halfway through the series and still no British bracelet
  • edited June 2013
    A WSOP bracelet and over $600,000 for Kenneth Lind after a 70-hand heads-up battle with Dana Ott. As mentioned yesterday, Chris Bjorin was top Brit in 45th, with Yucel Eminoglu (who I believe is "The Mad Turk") in 61st

One of the semi-finals has concluded, with Max Steinberg beating Yevgeny Timoshenko, while the other continues between Jeremy Ausmus & Isaac Hagerling

16 of the 2115 enter Day 3, led by Japanese player Masayuki Nagata. With 1.7 million chips, he holds a huge lead over the 2nd place player Dan Martin who has fractionally over a million. 73-year-old TJ Cloutier is the biggest name still left. Eoghan O'Dea finished 23rd for Ireland, while the top British finisher was Ashley Mason in 34th. Among those on a min-cash was one Julian Thew! Well done Thewy.

28 remain after Daniel Negreanu was busted on the bubble by David Benyamine. This gave Benyamine the chip lead, ahead of Greg Mueller & David Bach. Todd Brunson, Gus Hansen, Erick Lindgren & Marcel Luske are among those still in, while the consistent matthew Ashton appears to have been top Brit in 48th.

WSOP30 - $1000 NLH - 2108 entrants
    10% of the field make day 2, and it is former November Niner Antoine Saout who holds the lead. John Racener & Jonathan Duhamel also appear in the list of those with chips, and hopefully there's a Brit or two hidden there as well.

To Start Today
    WSOP31 - $1500 Omaha Hi-Low
  • edited June 2013
    Doing a fine job FCHD
  • edited June 2013
    Update on Event 27
    Steinberg, a 2012 bracelet winner, beat Ausmus so will play Hagerling in the final, with less than a 10% difference in chip stacks. The second semi went on until 3:30am Vegas time, so they will return tonight to play the final.
  • edited June 2013

Isaac Hagerling beat Max Steinberg for the bracelet and over $372,000.

Jason Duval is half a million dollars richer after getting the better of his 2114 opponents, beating Majid Yahyaei heads-up. TJ Cloutier was the last big name remaining, falling just short of the final table.

We're down to 4, and need an extra day. Gregg Mueller is trying to win another bracelet for Canada and did have a chip lead, ahead of two Americans, benjamin Scholl and Tom Schneider, plus Viatcheslav Ortynskiy (who I assume is Russian but has no location next to his name). Mueller lost most of chips late on, and now Schneider (looking for his 2nd bracelet of the series and 4th overall) who is in a dominating position. As mentioned yesterday, no Brit cashes.

Down to the final two tables, with Dimitar Yosifov (allegedly from Bangladesh, actually from Bulgaria) holding the chip lead. Nothing too successful from the Brit pack in this one either - Desmond Marsh picked up 4 grand for 68th, Paul Nunes 3 & a half for 80th with Scott O'Reilly & Niall Farrell picking up smaller sums.

WSOP31 - $1500 Omaha Hi-Low - 936 entrants
    The 936 have become 129 at the end of Day 1 with Eric Rodawig the chip leader. 117 will get paid so the bubble will burst early in Day 2. Still in with a decent shout are the likes of Allen Cunningham, Barry Greenstien, Jason Mercier, Andreas Hoivold & Mike Matusow. Haven't been able to confirm for sure whether Tikay is still in or out.

To Start Today
    WSOP32 - $5000 6 Max NLH
    WSOP33 - $2500 Razz

• edited June 2013

Cheers again FCHD.

I have just checked #event31 and even though it says 129 remain, there is only 67 players on the chip count page. Yes, and sadly, I can not spot Tikay's name amongst them.
  • edited June 2013
    They don't always include everybody in the chip counts until the last day. It's a bugbear of a lot of people on other poker forums (yes they do exist!). They include the chip leaders and some big names, and I guess some others who have been involved in memorable hands.
  • edited June 2013

Tikay is unfortunately BUSTO.......but sounds like he had FUN, and that is what he is there for. Good effort, dust off, re focus and then do some crushing in the next one!
  • edited June 2013

One for the older generation as Tom Schneider takes his second HORSE bracelet in little over a week (and his 4th WSOP title overall). He is now very much in the running to be the first player to win the Player of the Year twice (he also won in 2007 when he took his first two bracelets)

Chris Dombrowski has plenty of WSOP cashes, but never a final table before he outlasted 2100+ players to take down Event 30 and win over $346,000. The heads-up match with Matthew Moore lasted over two and a half hours.

So Tikay hasn't claimed his first bracelet, and 14 remain in the race for the first prize of over a quarter of a million dollars. Perry Green is the chip leader. Perry who? Perry Green won 3 bracelets way back in the 1970s and if he won this, he would have what surely is a record 35 year-gap between taking down WSOP events. Barry Greenstein is the best known of the other 13 players, lying in 8th place overnight. Mel Judah was top Brit in 27th, Stuart Rutter (Yay) was 56th, and there were a couple of cashes for two Irish players, Eoghan O'Dea & Andrew Grimason.

WSOP32 - $5000 6 Max NLH - 516 entrants
    Just under a quarter of the entrants remain after Day 1, and the 128 are led by  Jonathan Little. Close behind include the likes of Daniel Negreanu, Brian Rast & Marvin Rettenmaier. Also still in - Seiver, Moorman, Busquet, Cloutier, Lindgren, Brammer and Gavin Smith.

WSOP33 - $2500 Razz - 301 entrants
    In contrast, about half of the Razz players have made Day 2. The chip count listings I've seen are a little confusing, but it looks like David Bach is top of the table with Huck Seed & Mike Matusow not far behind.

To Start Today
    WSOP34 - $1000 Turbo NLH
  • edited June 2013

Perry Green couldn't seal the deal, but if was a first bracelet in this year's series for Australia as Jarred Graham won first prize of the bracelet and just over a quarter of a million dollars after being the short stack coming back for Day 3. Marco Johnston finished second for the third time in his WSOP career, with Barry Greenstein finishing third.

14 seems to be a common number of players coming back for Day 3 of an event this year, and it proved to be the magic number in Event 32 as well. Jonathan Little has a small chip lead over Allen Bari & Vasiliy Buboi. No Brits remain, those who were able to take a trip to the payout cage were, well, non existent in a pretty poor show from the UK contingent in this event.

Stu Rutter is having a decent time in Vegas, this is at least his second cash as he was eliminated in 16th place for a cash of nearly $7,000. Stephen Chidwick also picked up his second cash a little bit lower down the payout list ($4759). All this is a ronudabout way of saying no UK players have made Day 3, for which concidentally 14 players remain. David Bach has retained his Day 1 chip lead with most of the big names eliminated

WSOP34 - $1000 Turbo NLH - 1629 entrants
    Turbo indeed as only 35 players made it through 17 levels to enter Day 2. Floridian Victor Figueroa leads with Jake Cody still there in 9th. Jennifer Tilly is among the remaining field too.
    Iqbal Ahmed cashed in 77th, Ben Warrington 84th, Toby Lewis 96th, John Eames 133rd, Dominic Rossookh 142nd, and Mike Ellis 166th.

WSOP35 - $3000 PLO  - 640 entrants
    Two players dominate so far, Jarred Solomon and Joshua Ladines. 135 others remain including the likes of Josh Arieh & Jonathan Duhamel. Phil Ivey is still in also, albeit with a below average stack.

To start today

WSOP36 - $1500 NLH Shoot Out
    WSOP37 - $5000 Limit Hold'em
  • edited June 2013
    Erick Lindgren has long been considered to be one of the best tournament players in the world, and it was a suprise to me that this was only his second bracelet, calling Lee Markholt's all in on the final hand with pocket aces on an ace high board! Lindgren also picked up over $600,000

Bryan Campanello outlasted fellow American David Bach after a long heads up battle. Campanello takes his first bracelet and $178,000

WSOP34 - $1000 Turbo NLH - 1629 entrants
    A second bracelet for Belgium this series, as Michael Gathy emulated countryman Davidi Katai (both were also winning their second career bracelet). Jake Cody had a typically vocal British rail but ultimately had to settle for 7th, unable to win a couple of vital flips. Another Brit, Tom Alner, finished 12th.

Just over 20 remain as I type this (Jonathan Duhamel just being eliminated). Jeff Madsen holds a 3-1 lead over anyone else at this point, while Mike Sexton is among those surviving. I'll do an update on this one later on when Day 2 has finished.

WSOP36 - $1500 NLH Shoot Out - 1194 entrants
    Just one round of the shoot out was completed on Day 1, with the 120 table winners progressnig to Day 2.

WSOP37 - $5000 Limit Hold'em - 170 entrants
    Another of the big money events attracted the usual suspects, 99 of whom will return for Day 2. Greg Muller has the chip lead, while the likes of Justin Bonomo, Jeff Shulman (haven't mentioned a Shulman for a couple of days), David Chiu, Antione Saout, Phil Ivey & Daniel Negreanu all return later with chips

To start today
    WSOP38 - $2500 4-Max NLH
    WSOP39 - $1500 7-Card Stud Hi-Low 8 or better
  • edited June 2013
    Event 35 update
    19 have made Day 3 (makes a change from 14). Jeff Madsen has almost double the next biggest stack, that of Scott Clements with Isaac Hagerling who won Event 27 in third. I haven't found any UK players still in (though Mike Sexton is), Glen Aitham finished 27th for nearly $12,000, while a blast from the past, Irishman Padraig Parkinson (3rd in the 1999 Main Event) took 52nd spot.
  • edited June 2013
    thanks for the updates
  • edited June 2013
    Update on the Shoot-out, Event 36

4 Brits won their first round tables and are guaranteed $5556. If they win today, that will be a minimum of over $18,000. The four are : Sebastion Saffari, Andrew Teng, Salman Balbehani & Benjamin Vinson.
  • edited June 2013
    Jeff Madsen converted his chip lead into his third bracelet. When he won his first (in 2006) he was the youngest ever bracelet winner (since beaten) and then he won his second later in the same series. Today he beat Douglas Corning to win the $384,000 as well as the coveted piece of jewellry.

The 12 tables were all played down to a winner, and for once we're left with a very international field. 4 Americans against players from Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Russia and United Kingdom (Salman Behbehani). Bahbehani has already ensured a payday of over $18,000

A total of 12 remain, with former bracelet winner Todd Witteles (who goes by the wonderful alias of "Dandruff" leading, and another two former bracelet winners Ronnie Moore & Greg Mueller in close contention. No UK cashers.

WSOP38 - $2500 4-Max NLH - 566 entrants
    4-max is a format rarely played, and promises to be rapid fire stuff even without a turbo structure. After 10 levels, 64 remain. Nick Schwarmann has the chip lead overnight, with the likes of Ivan Demidov, John Juanda & Faraz Jaka still looking to win the event. Stephen Chidwick & Chris Moorman are also there, and there may a further Brit or two lurking as well.

WSOP39 - $1500 7-Card Stud Hi-Low 8 or better - 558 entrants
    176 have bagged up chips at the end of Day 1, with Spanish player Raul Perez bagging up the most chips. A lot of the big names are close behind - Phil Hellmuth (very quiet so far this Series?), Barry Greenstein, Phil Ivey & Jason Mercier etc.

To start today
    WSOP40 - $1500 NLH - almost two thirds of the way through already!
    WSOP41 - $5000 PLO 6-max

• edited June 2013

Huge thanks to FCHD for these splendid Updates.

FCHD - please check your PM's.

Thanks.
  • edited June 2013
    WSOP37 - $5000 Limit Hold'em - 170 entrants A total of 12 remain, with former bracelet winner Todd Witteles (who goes by the wonderful alias of "Dandruff" leading, and another two former bracelet winners Ronnie Moore & Greg Mueller in close contention. No UK cashers. Posted by FCHD
    I have a small piece of Todd Witteles in this tournament :)
  • edited June 2013

Guys,

Try & keep an eye out in the upcoming $1,000 & $1,500 WSOP Tourneys for Daniel Pickard, he is "nosebleed".

He plays today, Table 357, Seat 3, his first Event this year, but he is playing a bunch of them.
  • edited June 2013
    Simeon Naydenov won the bracelet for Bulgaria as well as $326,000 ahead of two Americans, Jake Schwartz & Andrew Kloc. Salman Bahbehani made the final table (a rarity for Brits this series) but finished 8th.

Another one for the veterans Michael Moore won the bracelet & $211,000. Moore had finished in 10th place in 1995 Main Event. For GaryQQQ, Todd Witteles finished 5th for $52,582

WSOP38 - $2500 4-Max NLH - 566 entrants
    Down to 2 tables, so that's 8 players. David Pham (who already has one final table this series) is the chip leader, with John Juanda the best known of the 8 survivors. Stephen Chidwick was the last elimination of the night in 9th place, with Matt Perrins in 37th and   Craig McCorkell 47th

WSOP39 - $1500 7-Card Stud Hi-Low 8 or better - 558 entrants
    17 remain (ever since I noted 14 was a popular number to take into Day 3, it hasn't happened since!) with Matt Vengrin having more than twice as many chips as anyone else. Not a lot of big names left, except for Layne Flack who was crippled by Vengrin right at the end of the day leaving him with very few chips (1% of the chip leader). Toby Lewis was the only UK casher, $3743 for 35th.

WSOP40 - $1500 NLH - 2161 entrants
    The bubble will burst early on Day 2 in this one as 249 will come back after a long Day 1 meaning 6 more eliminations before the cash starts getting handed out. Nicholas Fierro leads, but one of those in very good shape is Ryan Spittles who is listed in 4th although that may be on a slightly incomplete or out of date listing. Go on Scotty77 - do some serious damage on Day 2!

WSOP41 - $5000 PLO 6-max - 400 entrants
    About 120 are still in with a shout of a bracelet after day 1 with Sorel Mizzi the leader, and Peter Charalambous best of the Brits well inside the Top 10. Recent bracelet winner Davidi Kitai is also in good shape, as are the likes of Phil Galfont, the two Deebs (Freddy & Shaun) and Daniel Negreanu.

To start today
    WSOP42 - $1000 NLH
    WSOP43 - $10,000 2-7 Lowball Draw No Limit

• edited June 2013
    Ryan's table for Day 2

1 - Matthias Beonarek (GER) 40.400 chips
    2 - Jeffrey Izes (USA) 12,100 chips
    3 - Hans Joaquim Hein (GER) 16,500 chips
    4 - Peter Hengsakul (USA) 64,400 chips
    5 - Joseph Ferry (CAN) 18.000 chips
    6 - Ferdinando Locascio (ITA) 52,500 chips
    7 - Alvin Staana (USA) 41,300 chips
    8 - Sadan Turker (GBR) 31,500 chips
    9 - Ryan Spittles (GBR) 139,300 chips

Ryan confirmed in 4th overnight. Min cash for 243rd is $2625, from then on it upwards to finial table 9th for $38,625 and the bracelet winner takes $525,272

• edited June 2013
    Great work FCHD and gl to Ryan
  • edited June 2013
    Biggest score of those on Ryan's table was that of Londoner Sadan Turker, who was runner-up in a $1000 WSOP event two years ago for over $377,000. Hengsakul also has a 6-figure winning tourney, winning an LA Poker Open event in 2010.

Some of the others have cashes in this series and some EPT results (Locascio has cashed in the last two EPT San Remo Main Events), while others don't appear on the Hendon Mob database at all.
  • edited June 2013
    I've been meaning to post for ages to say what a top job you're doing FCHD mate...I've read this thread every day!

Today seemed a good day to post...gogogo Ryan!!
  • edited June 2013
    Very best of luck to Ryan!

• edited June 2013

excellent ryan, excellent.

• edited June 2013
    Fantastic post updates - thank you very much for the great clear updates.

I've never been to a Vegas tourney - but you almost bring it "alive" lol.

Best of luck to all the Sky regs over there - hoping to read some final table high results soon.