You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Yeah, I'm thinking of playing the $1000 on the 30th but I am also debating whether to play a $600 Venetian instead.  I have taken a bit of advice from Jules and Ryan but have you any advice you can offer Tony?
  • edited June 2013
    Also loving Sam Razavi's twitter account at the moment...it's basically a daily update of which event he has won once he busts the WSOP events lol...must be nice!
  • edited June 2013
    im out on the 23rd, going to play some of the plo and o8 events downtown tikay. are you playing any? you selling any action this year?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop:
    Yeah, I'm thinking of playing the $1000 on the 30th but I am also debating whether to play a $600 Venetian instead.  I have taken a bit of advice from Jules and Ryan but have you any advice you can offer Tony?
    Posted by bromley04
    Morning Adam.

Best advice I can give you? Give the money to Natalie to play instead of you. She'll talk them to death.

Serious answer? For the extra $400, I'd play the WSOP event. MUCH bigger field, much better structure, & the chance of a Bracelet.

If the extra $400 is a stretch for you (which I doubt) I'm pretty sure I could round up 5 or 6 Sky Poker regulars in Vegas who would buy 5% or 10% each.

See you there. I'll be based in my usual office every morning, the WSOP Media Room, Pole Position, Seat 1, Row 1.    

• edited June 2013
    im out on the 23rd, going to play some of the plo and o8 events downtown tikay. are you playing any? you selling any action this year?
    Posted by engy
    Hi Engy.

We shall meet each other in Vegas, it seems!

Yes, I'm playing a bunch of PLO8, & PLO Events, in Vegas. I have not finalised my schedule yet, but it looks something like this at the moment.....

June 14th. 4pm, VENETIAN, PLO8, $600 

June 15th, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO8, $200.   

June 16th, Noon, GOLDEN NUGGET, PLO8, $230  

June 17th, Noon, RIO, WSOP PLO8, $1,500 

June 18th, Noon (?), Caesars Palace, PLO8, $240 

June 19th, Noon, GOLDEN NUGGET, PLO, $230 OR ARIA, PLO, $340 

June 20th, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO, $300 

June 21st, Noon (?), CAESARS PALACE, 6 Max PLO, $240  

June 23rd, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO8, $200  

June 24th, 4pm, VENETIAN, Big O, 5 card PLO8, $1,100 

June 26th, Noon, CAESARS PALACE, PLO8, $240 

June 28th, 4pm, Venetian, PLO8, $1,100 

June 29th, 2pm, BINIONS, PLO8, $200 

July 3rd,  Noon, CAESARS PALACE, PLO8, $240

July 5th - Start work.

It is also possible that I will play the Main Event, but that's a whole other story.

Selling action in the PLO8 & PLO Tourneys? I have a bunch of friends who take a few % each every year, & have done so for some years now, they are sort of season ticket holders. I sell, & they buy, just for the fun, & the sweat. Unfortunately, Sky Poker do not encourage staking via this Community, & I must say, that is for good & understandable reasons. Shame really, but I am aware of the reasons, it is non-negotiable, & I do agree with them.

See you in Vegas!

Can't tell you how excited I am, I'm like a kid going to the seaside.

Are we nearly there yet?
  • edited June 2013

So, back to the results.....

The $1,000 "Millionaire Maker" jobbie, which had an eye-popping 6,343 runners, was won by a Texan, Mike Bennington, who pocketed $741,902. Which you may deduce is NOT a million dollars. That explains why the WSOP very carefully & deliberately used inverted commas, "Millionaire Maker", as it suggests it is just a phrase, rather than a Guarantee. The wotld of Promotions & Marketing is a murky one.....

Best placed Brit was Tom Alner from Bristol, who got just over $26,000.

Tom has quite a "Live" record, all over the world, including Macau, Seoul, Tapau, Cannes, San Remo, & Barcelona.

His best result was in the WSOP last year, when he got over $200,000 for finishing 4th in the $1,500 Event in which Neil Channing finished 2nd.
  • edited June 2013

We won't bother with Event # 7, $1,000 NLHE, it was an all-American affair, currently heads up between Eric Baldwin & Matt Waxman. Matt WHO? Rofl.  
  • edited June 2013

Ditto Event # 8, the Eight Game Mix, where we did no good at all.
  • edited June 2013

Seems we are not having a good day, not a single Brit cashed, from what I can see, in Event # 9, the Shootout.

Move along, nothing to see here.
  • edited June 2013

Same story in Event # 10, though to be fair, this one is LIMIT Poker, which we generally don't play in these parts.
  • edited June 2013

Ahh, at last, something to chat about - Event #11, the $2,500 SIX MAX NLHE.

Almost ALL Online poker will be 6-Max eventually, imo, though not so much in Live Poker, as the Dealer costs are so much higher.

924 paid in, 147 remain, & 108 get paid.

Chris Moorman has a Top Ten stack, you know all about Chris, the kids, somewhat confusingly, describe him as a sicko.

Andreas Hoivoid (Scandi chap, Woody Woodpecker lookalike) is 3rd at the moment. He hit the 2+2 headlines recently when he allegedly ran away with a poker dealer, which is fine of course, though his live-in girlfriend was a tad irritated one assumes. Affairs of the heart in young men run strong.

Mickey Petersen, who I have interviewed several timers for Sky Poker, is running well, too. He is an EPT Winner & another online sicko. Very nice chap.

Another in good shape, & who I also interviewed the very same day I interviewed Mickey, is Vanessa Rousso. Vanessa is perfectly lovely - intelligent, well-spoken, excellent manners & very amiable table demeanour. We rarely see Vanessa without her trademark hat.

• edited June 2013

Anyone think Vanessa looks a bit like a much younger version of our very own JamieLou?

• edited June 2013

Also running well in that Event are two interesting chaps, Chino Rheem & Erick Lindgren.

Both would, in a perverse way, be popular winners, or if they cashed big. I would imagine the Rail will be 6 deep if either make the Final Table.  

• edited June 2013
    Anyone think Vanessa looks a bit like a much younger version of our very own JamieLou?
    Posted by Tikay10
    hot
  • edited June 2013

Think we are up to date now.

Keep the questions coming please, the thread is warming up nicely.

I think Thewy heads out to Vegas next Tuesday, & a few days later, Scotty, Runitsrann, & a random Welsh bloke will be on the Vegas 'plane.   
  • edited June 2013
    Almost ALL Online poker will be 6-Max eventually, imo, though not so much in Live Poker, as the Dealer costs are so much higher.      
    Posted by Tikay10
    like sifting for gold - when you get past all the little bits of dried up slate & concrete - you encounter gems like this
  • edited June 2013

Oi!

What's wrong with slate & concrete?
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by Tikay10

One has plenty of chips and no rail.....
    The other has no chips but plenty of rail.
    (I will not be stupid enough to say which is which though)

I know this is technically the brit/sky update thread, but if possible, can you sometimes include the FT names in case any of my WSOP fantasy team have made it. Cheers.
  • edited June 2013

Noted, Alan, will try & do so when possible. Guess it will mainly be well-known names, so I'll do them fo sho.....
  • edited June 2013

Quick diversion from Vegas to Vembley.

Did anyone see the Julian Gardner exit hand yesterday?

Julian was playing about 2 million chips I think, & Pete Linton was big-stacked, it was Blind v Blind.

Pete Linton raised from the small, Gardner called in the Big.

Th 9h Ts

Julian had 10-5, for flopped trips, Pete had As-8s for, pretty much, no hand no draw.

It goes bet bet bet all-in on that flop.

It then came runner runner spades to bust Julian.

• edited June 2013
    Quick diversion from Vegas to Vembley. Did anyone see the Julian Gardner exit hand yesterday? Julian was playing about 2 million chips I think, & Pete Linton was big-stacked, it was Blind v Blind.   Pete Linton raised from the small, Gardner called in the Big. Th 9h Ts Julian had 10-5, for flopped trips, Pete had As-8s for, pretty much, no hand no draw. It goes bet bet bet all-in on that flop. It then came runner runner spades to bust Julian.
    Posted by Tikay10

Just reading about that now. I hope it gets some play on the FT and no deal is done at all/too soon.
  • edited June 2013

As a matter of interest Alan, because this interests me greatly, why would you prefer "no deal"?

If you were on that Final Table, would YOU want to do a deal?

There really is some pressure on those lads, & whatever they do, they will get battered on the Forums by folks who have never been in that spot.

Nice problem to have, but right now the pressure must be absolutely incredible. It's like waiting 24 hours for the river card to be dealt when you are all-in for your Tourney life.

Incidentally, both Nick Hicks & Pete Linton both play the SPT Events at DTD, & Nick plays from time to time on Sky Poker.   

• edited June 2013
    Also running well in that Event are two interesting chaps, Chino Rheem & Erick Lindgren. Both would, in a perverse way, be popular winners, or if they cashed big. I would imagine the Rail will be 6 deep if either make the Final Table.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    When you say popular do you mean popular in a 'a lot of people queuing by the cash desk' type way?
  • edited June 2013
    As a matter of interest Alan, because this interests me greatly, why would you prefer "no deal"? If you were on that Final Table, would YOU want to do a deal? There really is some pressure on those lads, & whatever they do, they will get battered on the Forums by folks who have never been in that spot.   Nice problem to have, but right now the pressure must be absolutely incredible. It's like waiting 24 hours for the river card to be dealt when you are all-in for your Tourney life.   Incidentally, both Nick Hicks & Pete Linton both play the SPT Events at DTD, & Nick plays from time to time on Sky Poker.   
    Posted by Tikay10

I would prefer a 'no deal' purely for the thrill of watching it as a viewer.

I of course fully understand the amounts of money involved and the pressures on the FTlers to maybe do some business. I have not and prob never will be, been in a situation like it.

I would of prob requested a chop after the bubble!! :)
  • edited June 2013
    So, back to the results..... The $1,000 "Millionaire Maker" jobbie, which had an eye-popping 6,343 runners, was won by a Texan, Mike Bennington, who pocketed $741,902. Which you may deduce is NOT a million dollars. That explains why the WSOP very carefully & deliberately used inverted commas, "Millionaire Maker", as it suggests it is just a phrase, rather than a Guarantee. The wotld of Promotions & Marketing is a murky one..... Best placed Brit was Tom Alner from Bristol, who got just over $26,000. Tom has quite a "Live" record, all over the world, including Macau, Seoul, Tapau, Cannes, San Remo, & Barcelona. His best result was in the WSOP last year, when he got over $200,000 for finishing 4th in the $1,500 Event in which Neil Channing finished 2nd.
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay. I hope you don't mind me correcting you but this tourney was won by Benny Chen who won $1,198,780, Mike Bennington came second for $741,902.
    I was watching the live stream and some of the beats given out were horific but it was a great watch.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop : When you say popular do you mean popular in a 'a lot of people queuing by the cash desk' type way?
    Posted by TommyD
    I think you got my drift, Tommy.......

I've seen that situation a lot here in the UK, it's really comical actually, folks come rushing from all over the country to get their place in the queue!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop : Hi Tikay. I hope you don't mind me correcting you but this tourney was won by Benny Chen who won $1,198,780, Mike Bennington came second for $741,902. I was watching the live stream and some of the beats given out were horific but great to watch.
    Posted by jonjo75
    Apologies, typical misread by me.

Course I don't mind you correcting me, the more who get involved in the thread the better.

The bad beats in poker are par for the course, it's the nature of the beast, but the good thing about Live Poker is that you don't hear all the usual "it's rigged" comments. That beat Julian Gardner took yesterday was eye-watering! 

I'm hoping someone else will run the thread, or at least help, from Friday of next week, as I'll be otherwise engaged from June 14th & I'm not 100% certain to have the time to do it from then onwards. 

• edited June 2013
    As a matter of interest Alan, because this interests me greatly, why would you prefer "no deal"? If you were on that Final Table, would YOU want to do a deal? There really is some pressure on those lads, & whatever they do, they will get battered on the Forums by folks who have never been in that spot.   Nice problem to have, but right now the pressure must be absolutely incredible. It's like waiting 24 hours for the river card to be dealt when you are all-in for your Tourney life.   Incidentally, both Nick Hicks & Pete Linton both play the SPT Events at DTD, & Nick plays from time to time on Sky Poker.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Further to my earlier reply, why no clear transparency that a deal had been done BEFORE the commencement of the FT of 6? I found it strange that 6th place was awarded 73,000 euros in chat, when it was 243,000 in reality.

Furthermore, when the 'millionaire' check is presented, surely this is false advertising?.

With the exposure out there today via the media, surely being open and honest about the pay outs would of been more beneficial?

• edited June 2013
    I'm hoping someone else will run the thread, or at least help, from Friday of next week, as I'll be otherwise engaged from June 14th & I'm not 100% certain to have the time to do it from then onwards.   
    Posted by Tikay10

I'll try and post as many updates as I can while you're away, I may have to miss the odd day or two but otherwise I can keep this thread ticking over
  • edited June 2013
    Events currently in progress

WSOP9- $3000 NLH Shootout
    After 2 of 3 days, 10 remain. With the nature of this tournament, stacks are as near as makes no difference level. 8 US players and 2 Euros left in, most well known players to me anyway are David Bakes Baker & Chris Klodnicki. Day 3 today.

WSOP10 - S1500 Limit Holdem, 645 entrants
    After Day 2, 19 remain, all appear to be US. Chip leader Eric Froelich has 319000, short stack Barry Shulman (these Shulmans get everywhere) has 3BB at 4000/8000

WSOP11 - $2500 NLH 6 Max , 924 entrants
    After Day 1, 133 are left. Tikay has given an excellent update re Moornan, Hoivold and the rest above. Others doing well include Chino Reem, Andrew Lichtenberger, Erika Schoenberg and Jesse Silvia who was chip leader entering last year's October 9 and eventually came 2nd for over 5 million dollars.

To Start Today
    WSOP12 - $1500 Pot Limit Holdem - 3 Day Event
    WSOP13 -  $5000 7 card stud Hi-Low Split 8 or better - 3 Day Event

All 8 bracelet winners so far were winning their first bracelet