You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop

Comments

• edited June 2013
    great news about over night brit cashes, lets hope this is a good start to a long summer of cashes, great stories again tikay, can't wait for more people heading out and the action coming thick and fast. 
  • edited June 2013
    Nice piece on the Hit Squad Tikay.

Yes I had been wondering what Praz has been up lately, I guessed it would be towards not playing much these days rather than not final tabling everything as per normal.  The guy, in fact the whole lot of them, are just too good at the game.  To quote a man of action next door, one day Praz will be sat with everyone else's money in front of him, with his little hat on.
  • edited June 2013
    I watched the FT of Vamplews event, the massive cl Pope did a great job of bullying and keeping them laddering, helped that he got some decent hold cards (FYI guys they are showing ALL final tables on a 30 min delay with hole cards shown, you can get their from official site).

Final hand agony for David, id feel great getting it in with A6 vs 55, and pretty happy with a JQJ flop with 3 more outs, the turn giving another 3 outs would have made me think how can i miss the river .............. well he did lol
  • edited June 2013

I mentioned this morning that Praz Banzi rarely plays these days.

In fact I now note he is deep in that Wembley thing, & incredibly, sharing a table with another man I mentioned in the same post - James Akenhead.

I also see that "runitsrann" is deep in the same event - good luck James!
  • edited June 2013

Good morning.

The WSOP rolls on......

In the $1,500 Six Max NLHE, there were 1,069 runners, & the last I heard, there were just 2 left, being John Beauprez & a German chap, Manig Loeser.

Those who cashed included Joe Cada, Yevgeniy Timoshenko, & Humberto Brenes.

Humberto certainly has the ability to irritate when he so desires, but is a much better player than he is given credit for, he is one of those players who attracts endless "lolpro" comments from a certain section of the poker poulation.

I think this was about his 70th WSOP cash, which may not be a record, but it cannot be far off. That does not prove he is a great player, of course, but clearly he has at least a modicum of ability.   
  • edited June 2013

In that $1,500 Six Max, there was a handful of cashes for the Europeans, including some Brits.

Craig McCorkell caught the eye, (59th, $4,000).

He cashed 4 times in last year's WSOP, including binking a bracelet in the $3,000 NLHE Shootout, & 172nd in the Main for around $45,000.

Craig is what is known these days as a "sicko". Not because he is ill, but he crushes online MTT's.

I think he lives down near Brighton.

It was Craig that was, sort of, responsible for the rather loud Brit Rail last year, with the shoe bombs & all that stuff, because it was when he won his Bracelet that it all kicked off. 

Martin Malone also cashed for the Brits, as did Scott O'Reilly. Sadan Turker, & Niall Farrell.  

• edited June 2013

Another European casher in that same event was an old friend of mine, Andreas Hoivold.

• edited June 2013

OFFICIAL CORRECTION

My apologies, that was the wrong photo for Andreas.

• edited June 2013

That Event has now concluded, ended, finished, terminalised, & the winner ($325,000) was John Beauprez, an American chap, wth the German guy, Manig Loeser, coming 2nd for $201,000.

Manig's home town on the WSOP records is indicated as Bad Homburg.

I had assumed "Bad Homburg" was some sort of in joke, but in fact Bad Homburg is a real place, in Germany, reputed to have more millionaires per capita than anywhere else in Germany.

So there. 

• edited June 2013

Event # 5 was the $2,500 LIMIT Omaha/7 Card Stud Hi-Low 8 or Better. 

374 began, just 2 remain, both being American, Messrs Tong & Gorodinsky. 

Other cashess included Mike Matusow & Daniel Negranau. 

The mad (nice mad, not mad mad) bandino-wearing Italian, Max Pescatori cashed, too.

A near miss for Matthew Ashton from Liverpool, who finished 3rd. Oooh! Zimnan Zayird was the other Brit casher. 

One of the poker players I have most respect for cashed, the London-based Swede, Chris Bjorin, Mr Get It Quietly. It was his 67th WSOP cash. Now THAT is a proper player.

• edited June 2013

The big news from the whopping 6,300 runner "Millioinaire Maker" ($1.2 MILLION to the winner) is that with around 200 players remaining, John Eames is over double average.

Few players in the world can live with John when he has his A-Game on, & he could well go very deep in this.

Neil Channing was 275th, for a respectable $5,300.

• edited June 2013
    Great thread Tikay, loving the updates even though I wont be going out this year this is making me want to go!
  • edited June 2013

Thanks James. 

Go on, book a flight, you know you want to.

• edited June 2013

Good Luck to all the Brits out in Vegas & Good Luck to any Sky Poker Players who will also be there, look forward to reading there Updates on this Thread Great Job Tikay as always
  • edited June 2013

A fairly quiet day in Las Vegas for the Brits yesterday, so not much to report, but we'll do a brief update.

If time permits, I'll also try & catch up on questions which I have this far dodged.

May even upload the first Vegas 2013 Blog.....
  • edited June 2013

In Event #5, the $2,500 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low 8-or Better, there was a fine performance by Matthew Ashton of Liverpool, who ended up 3rd, for $86,000.

Little Danny was 12th, & Mike Matusow 14th.

Also in the money was our friend Zimnan Ziyard, who we followed extensively last year. He is the chap who used to room share with MariusZ, who won one of our SPT's in Nottingham.

Allyn Shulman min-cashed, as did the delightfully named Ronald Winkelvoss.  

• edited June 2013

In the 6,343 runner (!) "Millionaire Maker", they are down to 12, with no remaining Brit interest.

John Eames was amongst a handful of Brits who cashed.
  • edited June 2013

In Event # 7, $1,000 NLH, they are down to 2 Tables, with no Brit interest.

In fact, amongst the 198 who got paid, I only spotted two Brits, being Andrew Teng & Jack Salter.

Move on, nothing to see here.

• edited June 2013

In Event # 8, the Eight Game mix, just 26 of 388 remain.

Our aforementioned friend Zinman Ziyard is amongst those 26, so he must have been Live Multii-Tabling I guess.
  • edited June 2013

Event # 9 is a $3,000 Shootout, & with 60 left, & being a Shootout, it is hard to make sense of who is leading, because it sort of works by tables, but I think young Mr Cody is still in.
  • edited June 2013

Event # 10 was Limit Hold Em, & 645 hardy souls entered this.

"Limit" Poker is still very popular in the United States, but not so much here, & we can't expect many Brits to cash, or even enter, this one.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop:
    I was playing at the Rio in the same room as when Brammer was on the final table. People at my table didn't really know what was going on! Was a great atmosphere. Hopefully more of the same this year, I think the Brits have a great chance of some bracelets this year. Also, love the thread Tikay!
    Posted by MattBates
    Chris Brammer should be an inspiration to all those who play this game.

He played 21 WSOP Events last year, & failed to make Day Two in any of the first 20. Imagine what that does to the head, the confidence the ego, & the mindset?

The Final Table you mention was his 21st, & he finished 5th for $200,00, which just about got him - & his lucky stakers - out of it.  2 months later, he also ran 5th in the WSOP-E in France, for just over €200,000.

Chris served his poker aprenticeship on the south coast, Southampton or somesuch, & his original running mate was another lad who has done OK for himself - Toby Lewis. I'm, not sure if it is still the case, but Toby dates (or dated) one of Ian Frazer's daughters, & Ian & Toby get along like best buds.  

• edited June 2013
       Tikay, How many Brits in your opinion will win Bracelets.
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Ooh, tough one Michael.

If the line were set at 2, I'd be a seller.

I hope I'm wrong. I usually am.

• edited June 2013
    As much as absolutely hate the line taken/choices made with the VLV promo... Credit where it's due this is a great thread, and the effort put in by Tikay is commendable to say the least. I know for one, I'll be thoroughly enjoying it. Great work Mr. Kendall.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Thank you very much Mr Smit, praise indeed coming from you.

I also do not much like the line that Sky Poker took with VLV, but I was close to the action from the start, & I know we exhausted every possible avenue.

One of those things, we'll be OK, & fingers crossed, it'ss resume next year, In fact I'd say it is 98% certain to be resumed next year, & I'm meeting some WSOP peeps in two weeks time to, I hope, resolve those technical issues which caused the problem this year.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop : We were also playing in this room during the Brammer FT, alongside Scotty and Dylan.  Was hilarious. Brit Rail of epic proportions. Most ridiculous moment of the whole trip was seeing "Dan Edler" getting shown a friendly hand to the door after instigating various acts of sillyness; I recall the Shoe-Bomb (like a Jaegar-Bomb, but with a shoe (obvs)), the box that doubled up as a glass and the curious case of the flying shoes. "Shoes off ... if you LOVE Brammer ...." ) (photo courtesy of the pokerdeck.com
    Posted by Bromley023
    Hi Natalie.

You & Adam going this year?

The photo you uploaded there can ONLY be one man - Dan Oyston, who, amongst other things, in an APAT stalwart. And Welsh. 

Bit of a character, is Dan......

• edited June 2013
    great news about over night brit cashes, lets hope this is a good start to a long summer of cashes, great stories again tikay, can't wait for more people heading out and the action coming thick and fast. 
    Posted by bolesAA
    There will be plenty of Sky Poker regulars in Vegas this year and, I hope, plenty of blogs, too.
  • edited June 2013
    Nice piece on the Hit Squad Tikay. Yes I had been wondering what Praz has been up lately, I guessed it would be towards not playing much these days rather than not final tabling everything as per normal.  The guy, in fact the whole lot of them, are just too good at the game.  To quote a man of action next door, one day Praz will be sat with everyone else's money in front of him, with his little hat on.
    Posted by TommyD
    Ha, so true. If he turned his mind to the game full time, he probably would end up with all the money, too.

By coincidence, he was down to a bowl in the Wembley thing, & in shove mode all day, but I think he ended up around average, with 24 left. Other players beware.....
  • edited June 2013

....and, right on cue, I've uploaded the first Vegas 2013 Blog, this one penned by Scotty77.

Disclaimer - Some of the content may or may not happen.

Scotty's blog is HERE

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop : Hi Natalie. You & Adam going this year? The photo you uploaded there can ONLY be one man - Dan Oyston, who, amongst other things, in an APAT stalwart. And Welsh.  Bit of a character, is Dan......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey Tikes 

We most certainly are heading out. Arrive on 27th.  

Both Bromleys will be riding the Brit Bracelet Quest train; I am in the Ladies and his Lordship is playing an event on 29th maybe (I really should know this ... soz Brom!). We'll see you out there (after SPT Bham ofc!)

And are you sure that's not Edler? I got it off his Twitter page? Meh, one crazy Britrail just merges into another crazy Britrail after a while ... !

Ps thanks for this (now addictive) thread!

• edited June 2013
    yes very addictive,keep em coming