You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop

Comments

• edited July 2013

Day 3 is done and dusted and now 666 players move forward to Day 4. With 648 to be paid we are possibly only a few hands away from the bubble. Last year 720 players got through Day 3 with 666 to be paid so we are a little further on in the competition this year due to there being a couple of hundred less players.

Maxx Coleman from Derby is the chip leader. Unfortunately that Derby, Kansas not Derby, Derbyshire! Coleman is the only player over a million chips, with Joshua Prager & Max Steinberg in close contention with over 900K. Kevin Williams appears to be best of the British players (there's not a complete list up yet) on the fringes of the Top 10 and it looks like Stephen Chidwick, Jake Cody, Tom Alner & Luke Schrwartz all have a decent enough stack.

Several former winners departed the scene on Day 3 - Chan, Hellmuth & McEvoy all went out, but that does mean that among the 6 who do progress is one Doyle Brunson (with a />600K stack)

Also busto today - Phil Ivey, Sam Holden, Liv Boeree, Daniel Cates, Mad Marvin Rettenmaier, Sam Grafton, Shane Warne, Jean-Robert Ballande, Ross Boatman, David Benyamine, Scott Siever.

Two players are still in with a very good chance of equalling Chris Bjorin's 4 successive ME cashes - Christian Harder (345K) & Ronnie Bardah (321K) have both cashed in the last three years and with on 18 to go before the bubble bursts, both must be odds-on to make it 4 in a row.

I've not seen any news (good or bad) about I8PALACE yet.

• edited July 2013

Wow.....when I checked late last night, it had Phil Ivey in the top 20 stacks!

It will be a big day/bad day for a few later then.
  • edited July 2013
    Right, some good news. Tim Davie (IH8PALACE) has made Day 4 with 314K Chips. His Day 4 table

Seat 1 - Webber Kang (USA) - 183,000
    Seat 2 - Chris George (USA) - 303,500
    Seat 3 - Marc Emond (USA) - 134,500
    Seat 4 - Brandon Setzer (USA) - 222,500
    Seat 5 - Muhammad Abdel Rahim (USA) - 261,000
    Seat 6 - Tim Davie (GBR) - 314,000
    Seat 7 - Mikhail Veselov (RUS) - 176,500
    Seat 8 - Jamie Kaplan (USA) - 671,000
    Seat 9 - Justas Vaiciulionis (LAT) - 56,000

Time to do our research guys!

Brits In
    Kevin Williams 808K
    Luke Schawtz 621K
    Liam O'Donoghue 592K
    Tom Alner 477K
    Kevin Allen 475K
    Philip Long 465K
    Shaun Conning 463K
    Sadan Turker 430K
    Eli Heath 367K
    Stephen Chidwick 367K
    Jake Cody 350K
    Chris Dsylva 315K
    Tim Davie 314K - see above
    Nick Hicks 307K
    Anthony Forsyth Forrest 277K
    Stephen Bellamy 266K
    Nick Crisp 231K
    Sebastian Gohr 207K
    Rupert Elder 189K
    Jonas Lauck 169K
    Scott O'Reilly 167K
    Demis Hassabis 165K
    Neil Walker 148K
    James Bord 130K
    Gary Fisher 125K
    Nic Levi 123K
    Michael Wehner 120K
    Bryan Coyne 107K
    Steffen Kylevik 87K
    Alistair Hill 82K
    Iain Brassell 42K

Plus anyone I've missed or who the WSOP has down with the wrong nationality

• edited July 2013
    Jamie Kaplan has won over a Million dollars online but only $34k live.
    x2 WSOP career cashes.

Christopher George - found 3 Americans with this name so not sure !

Muhammad Abdel Rahim - nothing of note.

Mikhail Veselov - Won 2013 Carnivale of Poker in July this year (his only career cash or win).

Webber Kang - WSOP career winnings $500k incl 1 final table. (total 15 career cashes live).

Justas Vaiciulionis - plays mainly in Eastern Europe - no cashes this year - a couple last year.

Marc Emond - 1 career title , 3 career cashes. (total $88k)

Brandon Setzer - Career earnings $55k. nothing this year.
  • edited July 2013
    13 Kevin Williams 808,500 Leyton Stone  
    38 Lukas Schwartz 620,500 London  
    49 Liam Odonoghue 592,500 -  
    99 Tom Alner 477,000 Bristol  
    102 Kevin Allen 475,500 Romford  
    112 Philip Long 465,500 London,England  
    139 Shaun Conning 436,500 Hertfordshire  
    144 Sadan Turker 430,000 London  
    188 Eli Heath 367,500 Oxfordshire  
    189 Stephen Chidwick 367,000 Deal  
    201 Jake Cody 350,000 Rochdale  
    246 Christopher Dsylva 315,500 Lomdon  
    249 Tim Davie 314,000 Hayward Heath  
    255 Nick Hicks 306,500 West Bridford  
    292 Anthony Forsythforrest 277,000 Marlborough  
    308 Stephen Bellamy 265,500 London  
    351 Nicholas Crisp 231,000 Luton  
    388 Sebastian Gohr 207,000 Brighton  
    416 Rupert Elder 189,500 Bury St Edmunds  
    441 Jonas Lauck 169,000 -  
    448 Scott O'Reilly 167,000 Torquay  
    451 Demis Hassabis 164,500 London  
    473 Neil Walker 148,000 Burgess Hill  
    508 James Bord 130,000 Stanmore  
    517 Gary Fisher 125,000 London  
    518 Nicolas Levi 123,500 London  
    525 Michael Wehner 120,000 -  
    570 Samuel Welbourne 97,500 Littlehampton  
    592 Steffen Kylevik 87,000 -  
    604 Alistair Hill 81,500 Redland Bristol  
    654 Iain Brassell 42,500 Sale Cheshire  

• edited July 2013
    Tikay, I'm starting to get reallyquite  excited for Claypole (Shaun Conning), I met him last year at the APAT National Team Championships where I spent most of the first day to his left and ended up busting him in a brutal hand his AQ vs my AA on an AQQ board!

He was a proper gent and a really nice guy, I'm following him on Twitter and Facebook, but please if you see him pass on my best wishes to him.
  • edited July 2013

Day 4 has ended with 239 players left. Our hero IH8PALACE won't be among them I'm afraid, he exited in 419th place for a cash of $28,063

We also lost the following British players in the money (in finishing order) - Schwarz, Bellamy, Turker, Hicks, Levi, Walker, Crisp, Cody, Bord, Elder, Chidwick, Coyne, Kylevik, Hassabis, O'Reilly, Lauck, Hill, Fisher & Wehner.

Also, sad to say Doyle Brunson was knocked out, leaving only Mortensen & Merson of the past winners still aiming to win a second main event.

Of those still in, occasional channel 861 guest Kevin Williams has just over 2 million chips in 7th place, with the chip leader being Wisconsin-native Jon Lane. Other GB players include Philip Long (14th), Ashley Mason (25th), Liam O'Donoghue (114th), Anthony ForestForsyth (135th), Shaun Conning (147th), Christophyer DSylva (162nd). Tom Alner (178th), Eli Heath (220nd), & Kevin Allen (236th). From outside these shores, the likes of Vladimir Geshkenbein, Yevgeniy Timoshenko, Annette Obrestad, JC Tran, Vitaly Lunkin, Noah Schwarz, Steve Gee & Greg Muller remain, while Marcel Luske, Ivan Demidov, Elky, Russell Thomas, Robert Salaburu, Matt Affleck, Isaac Haxton, David Levy, Paul Wasicka, Humberto Brenes joined those already mentioned above in the payout line.

The "Bubble Boy" was three-time bracelet winner Farzad Bonyadi.

• edited July 2013

i am most pleased about kevin williams, now 7th with over 2M in chips.

earlier he was chip leader for a while but had fallen to under 1M chips and had dropped to 40th or thereabouts.

so this resurgence is excellent.

and a good friend of skypoker too.

• edited July 2013
    Day  5 is done and dusted, with only a little over 1% of the field left in (68 players), The British contingent has been cut to ribbons as well, only Sebastian Gohr (22nd), Steven Watts (49th) & Philip Long (56th) with the likes of Kevin Williams, Shaun Conning, Eli Heath & Ashley Mastn smong those eliminated.

We're also down to one former champion standing, as Greg Merson's bid to go back-to-back ended in 167th. Carlos Mortensen sitting bang in the middle of those remaining is the only past winner still playing.

Also, there's only one woman player still in the tournament, Australian Jackie Glazier will doubtless feature in the ESPN coverage as the last lady stading, and she's got a decent stack to enter Day 6 lying in 11th place with over 4 million chips.

Sami Ruston has the chip leader, ahead of two Canadian players (Marc McLaughlin & Jason Mann), with among those still in Yevgeny Timoshenko, Noah Schwatz, JC Tran, Steve Gee (the last of last year's October 9), Vladimir Geshkenbein, Vitaly Lunkin,

Along with the UK, US & Canada, players from France, Italy, Australia, Germany, Netherlands, Latvia, Istael, Czech Republic, Denmark, Brazil & Russia still remain, With only 68 remaining, were well ahead of last year's schedule when there were over 90 players left at the end of Day 5. I guess they'll still play down to 27 without needing to play the entire 5 levels as originally scheduled.

• edited July 2013

I was right, the final three tables were set after only 4 of the 5 proposed levels had been played!

And it's no Main Event champ from these islands this year I'm afraid. Our last four hopes all went out yesterday. Steven Watts was the first go, in 57th for $123K, then Sebastian Gohr & Oliver Price followed pretty rapidly finishing 50th & 49th respectively for a little over $151K, then right near the end of play Philip Long was eliminated in 29th for $229K.

The last lady standing also got knocked out, Jackie Glazier finishing 31st, but Carlos Mortensen remains in contention for his second ME bracelet, while Steve Gee is still alive in an attempt to make back-to-back WSOP ME final tables.

German Anton Morganstern has the chip lead, ahead of French player Sylvain Loosli with two Americans, Chris Lindh & JC Tran third & fourth. Yevgeniy Timoshenko held the chip lead for a long time on Day 6, but he's now dropped to 17th.

• edited July 2013
    Thanks for the updates FCHD.
  • edited July 2013

So it's adios from me (on this thread at least) until November as the final table for the WSOP Main Event has been settled. Unfortunately, both of the biggest stories (Steve Gee making back-to-back final tables and Carlos Mortensen's attempt to win his second Main Event) have both died as Gee was the fourth player eliminated on Day 7, while Mortensen was the last player to depart, being the final table bubble boy.

JC Tran (who already has two bracelets) is the chip leader for four months now, having 38 million chips. Behind him is Israeli Amir Lehavot and Canadian Mark McLoughlin, with two American players Jay Farebr & Ryan Reiss in 4th & 5th. All the above have at least 25 million chips.

The shorter stacks are headed by France's Sylvain Loosli (19m), with Micheil Brummelhuis (Netherlands, 11m) in 7th, and two more American players Mark Newhouse (7m) & David Benefield (6m) needing a double-up when play resumes.

Other than Tran, the only player with a WSOP braceleyt is Lehavot who won a Pot Limit Hold'Em event two years ago.

When they come back, I believe there is some time left in Level 35 (200K/400K with a 50K ante)

• edited July 2013
    Many thanks, Richard, for all the updates and for all the incidental information that you have supplied. It has been a "must-read" thread.
  • edited July 2013

thanks fchd. excellent effort.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: WSOP 2013 One Stop Shop:
    thanks fchd. excellent effort.  
    Posted by aussie09
    big +1
    Excellent insightful commentary!
  • edited July 2013
    Nice one Richard - great work!
  • edited July 2013
    Excellent work FCHD. Cheers for all the updates!
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks for all your updates FCHD and the font size,  Great stuff
  • edited July 2013
    EXCELLENT  Thread well done FCHD. A must read through out the WSOP.
    Superb info.

Regards Alan
  • edited July 2013
    MANY THX FCHD.......GREAT  WORK
  • edited November 2013
    So we're back

The final table starts tonight, and if they're doing the same as last year they'll play down to three players.

To remind you, those still in with a chance of the huge money are

JC Tran (USA) 38.0 million chips
    Amir Lehavot (ISR) 29.7m
    Marc McLaughlin (CAN) 26.5m
    Jay Farber (USA) 26.0m
    Ryan Reiss (USA) 25.9m
    Sylvain Loosli (FRA) 19.6m
    Michiel Brummelhuis (NED) 11.3m
    Mark Newhouse (USA) 7.4m
    David Benefield (USA) 6.4m

The winner gets $8.3m, while all the players have locked up a minimum of $733K. Even more than Anna managed in UKOPS.

Only 2 of the 9 have bracelets already (Tran (2, 1 NLH & 1 PLO) & Lehavot (a 10K Pot Limit Hold'em).

To start the final table, there is about 40 minutes left in Level 35 (200K/400K with a 50K ante). so Benefield comes back with with 16 BB.
  • edited November 2013
    Can we watch this in UK? If so when and where, plz. Thanks.
  • edited November 2013
    Looks like ESPN are covering it from 1am-6am, as "Live" as they can make it
  • edited November 2013
    After 135 hands on the final table, we've lost 3.

Mark Newhouse was the first to go when his pocket 9s failed to hold against Ryan Riess' AK

David Benefield who came in as the short stack, laddered up to 8th before 3-betting with K2 but running into AK of Jay Farber. Benefield hit his 2 on the river, but before then Riess had got a 10, J & Q to make Broadway.

Michiel Brummelhuis began to slide down to a short stack, doubled up with pocket 9s but then two hands later picked up the nines again, played them strongly but unfortunately for him Ryan Riess had pocket aces which held, so eliminating the Dutchman but making "Riess The Beast" the chip leader.

In the 80 hands since, no more eliminations but Riess & Farber have drawn away in terms of stacks from the others, with JC Tran who came in as the chip leader now the short stack.

Approximate stacks at a short break

Riess 65.1m
    Farber 58.2m
    Loosli 26.2m
    McLaughlin 19.5m
    Tran & Lehavot each 10.9m

Blinds are at 400K/800K with a 100K ante.
  • edited November 2013

Good stuff FCHD, thanks.
  • edited November 2013
    20 minutes to the end  of level 38

Reiss 63.8m
    Farber 54.5
    McLaughlin 38.7
    Loosli 14.0
    Tran 11.8
    Lehavot 9.0

Every time McLaughlin is in the big blind, his rail is chanting "Larry Walker" trying to get the other players to fold and give him a walk. It's worked four times so far and each time it does, McLaughlin leaps into the crowd.

• edited November 2013
    McLaughlin runs his Kings into Aces of Farber for a 79m pot.

Flop 8-7-2 two spades (both players have a spade, Farber's of course is best)

Turn Jd

River Jc

McLaughlin out 6th ($1.6 million), Farber now into a huge chip lead.
  • edited November 2013

Jeez, WSOP Final, Kings into Aces. That's gotta sting a bit.
  • edited November 2013
    Tran all in with A7, called by Farber for 11% of his stack with KQ

Flop K9J, two hearts (Tran has Ace of hearts). Farber top pair plus a straight draw

Turn 5d - a brick

River Tran needs an Ace, gets 6h

Former chip leader JC Tran is knocked out in 5th for $2.1million

Four left, Farber increase his lead