You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    The stake was TWO HUNDRED QUID?
     Yes
    Wowzer, the win must have been many thousands. WP, WP
     He 'says' they won 5.3k each
    Mr Mac is my hero.
     He's a buffoon
    PS - when we share tables, any chance you could talk less, all this "food this, Christmas the other" gets right on my nerves. TIA.  
     No. 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    A good player should be able to achieve 60% in these things, but I struggle, every week, & usually come up with 58% or 59%. I've clocked up 150 games this week so far (5 x 30) & have won 90, which is exactly 60%.   You just know I'm gonna have a shocker this weekend..... I'm struggling to reach 1,000 points, I've got 666 so far, so need to average 167 today & tomorrow. The weather is real bad, so should be plenty of action.   What price I make the 1,000 points & drop down to 57%? Must say, the games have been great this week. Despite the magic 60% (so far) I've not made much profit as I've done badly in the £11 games (just 50%) despite winning 4 from 5 last night. I suppose it's all variance & sample size. Loving the game, loving it to bits.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    As expected, I managed to make a mess of it, lol.

Played 45 games, as I'm stretching to reach 1,000 points, & after 42 games I was on target for 60% of them win, then lost the last three. Poo.

Won 3 from 3 @ £11 though, to make it 7 from the last 8, so ended the session nicely in profit. That'll do.

Just need to earn 151 points today without throwing away the week's profit.......

Poker is amazing, it always finds a way to surprise, delight & disappoint. Incredible game.
  • edited November 2015
    The stake was TWO HUNDRED QUID?  Yes Wowzer, the win must have been many thousands. WP, WP  He 'says' they won 5.3k each Mr Mac is my hero.  He's a buffoon PS - when we share tables, any chance you could talk less, all this "food this, Christmas the other" gets right on my nerves. TIA.    No.  
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I had a £100 double that you'd say both those things, but the price was only 1/3.
  • edited November 2015
    Can't begin to imagine Mother & Maca sharing a table at UKPC with the Serious Heads. Oh joy of joy.

Oh my what fun we would have!

I soo want to get to the UKPC again, had so much fun last time, loved every minute of it and managed to come 94/1000. The last table i was on I had obviously been identified as the 'weak one' and the massive chip leader (Mat Chimpanzee I think he was called - he eventually came 4th) was always raising my bb (bit like Mr K does!), but if I shoved on him he kindly folded, my final hand on my bb I had a4 suited so thought yep gotta shove if he raises, sure enough he raised, i shoved and he called (very rude of him) he showed 3 5 off suit! Happy days me thinks until he turns a full house! But I was so happy and very proud of the way I had played, just a bit sad that I was only 5 places off the money.

Mother

xx

• edited November 2015
    you'll be distraught to hear i can't use the chat-box.
    i've burnt a hand cooking.
    on a positive note, it'll give me opportunity to research some interesting facts for my chat-box return.
  • edited November 2015
    You'll be distraught to hear 
    That having run 60%+ all week
    Sunday I ran 1/x
    which is an occupational hazard with some of the geldmodes 
    End of bankroll for dym fun unless I get time to play and win a nightly freeroll 
    gl to ze ploppers
    and gn
    <test card now follows indefinitely>

• edited November 2015
    The stake was £200 By all accounts he talked the eldest into sharing the bet. I'm going to let the eldest explain his thought process for a good three minutes, then I'll spend two hours explaining why as a husband and a father of a baby, he's a pr@ for gambling £100. Once verbally downbeaten and ready to submit to anything, I'll then make him promise he'll never gamble more than £25 again. Mr Mac has already conceded defeat and promised he won't be betting any more than £25 again. He didn't have much choice. I told him that was happening or if he did it again I'd wake him up with an electric hand blender in one hand and his danglers in the other

This post reinforces the importance of hand selection in poker!

• edited November 2015
    you'll be distraught to hear i can't use the chat-box. i've burnt a hand cooking. on a positive note, it'll give me opportunity to research some interesting facts for my chat-box return.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Oh no hope you are ok, I'm sure mr k would love to know the details of what you were cooking.

xx

• edited November 2015
    Hi Amarie, thanks for asking and thanks for saving TK the trouble.
    Yep, the burn is OK, just a couple of big blisters so one handed at the mo really.
    So, onto important things.
    The cooking, well, for a change we decided to forgo the Sunday roast.
    What with it being a family affair and alcohol involved, I decided to make more of a buffet, help yourself as and when type of affair. So, I made bread, prepared salads, a big cheese board and cold meat platter, that type of thing. The star of the show was a couple of chickens. One I roasted with a garlic and herb butter under the skin and the other, was dry rubbed with a spice combination (ginger powder, chilli powder, garlic powder and chinese five spice) stuffed with an onion and lemon for flavour. Very nice they were too.
    The cooking accident was due to a quiche I made.  A simple bacon, leek and super cheesey effort. Anyway, when taking out the oven I made a booboo and forget it one was of those trays whereby the bottom pushes out. Just a slip on my part and I was juggling a hot tray for a moment. On a plus note, the quiche was saved and everyone loved it.
    Alls well that ends well.

edited - I wasn't allowed to type chicken brest skin. Ridiculous.

edited #2 - I want to see what words are allowed. Scrotum Testicle

edited #3 - Sort it out sky, scrotum? But brest not allowed.
  • edited November 2015
    Can't begin to imagine Mother & Maca sharing a table at UKPC with the Serious Heads. Oh joy of joy . Oh my what fun we would have! I soo want to get to the UKPC again, had so much fun last time, loved every minute of it and managed to come 94/1000. The last table i was on I had obviously been identified as the 'weak one' and the massive chip leader (Mat Chimpanzee I think he was called - he eventually came 4th) was always raising my bb (bit like Mr K does!), but if I shoved on him he kindly folded, my final hand on my bb I had a4 suited so thought yep gotta shove if he raises, sure enough he raised, i shoved and he called (very rude of him) he showed 3 5 off suit! Happy days me thinks until he turns a full house! But I was so happy and very proud of the way I had played, just a bit sad that I was only 5 places off the money. Mother xx
    Posted by Amarie
    Grand story - do please try as hard as you can to qualify.

Be just wonderful if both you & Little Miss Talk a Lot (aka Lady Gabble Gabble Gabble) could both be at UKPC.
  • edited November 2015
    you'll be distraught to hear i can't use the chat-box. i've burnt a hand cooking. on a positive note, it'll give me opportunity to research some interesting facts for my chat-box return.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Well that's just awful, & I hope you are soon recovered, even if it is just so poor Mr Mac does not worry too much.

Still, I'm a glass half-full sort, & you say you won't be able to chat for a while, right?

Every cloud & all that.  
  • edited November 2015
    You'll be distraught to hear  That having run 60%+ all week Sunday I ran 1/x which is an occupational hazard with some of the geldmodes  End of bankroll for dym fun unless I get time to play and win a nightly freeroll  gl to ze ploppers and gn <test card now follows indefinitely>
    Posted by GELDY
    More distraughtness?

Very sorry to hear that Gelders, I (genuinely) thought your Geld-Mode experiments were most interesting, as well as jolly hard to combat, as we never knew what Mode was engaged.

Anyway, you are not the sort to do silly bankroll violations, so that's good. Now go win a Freeroll or two, & then come back & join all your plopper pals.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? :
    The stake was £200 By all accounts he talked the eldest into sharing the bet. I'm going to let the eldest explain his thought process for a good three minutes, then I'll spend two hours explaining why as a husband and a father of a baby, he's a pr@ for gambling £100. Once verbally downbeaten and ready to submit to anything, I'll then make him promise he'll never gamble more than £25 again. Mr Mac has already conceded defeat and promised he won't be betting any more than £25 again. He didn't have much choice. I told him that was happening or if he did it again I'd wake him up with an electric hand blender in one hand and his danglers in the other This post reinforces the importance of hand selection in poker!
    Posted by Essexphil
    She does come up with some purlers, eh Phil?

Good to see you amongst the PLO8 crew last night (or was it Saturday?).

Call again, visitors always very welcome.
  • edited November 2015
    And there's me thinking the danglers reference was lost on people.
    There is hope.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi Amarie, thanks for asking and thanks for saving TK the trouble. Yep, the burn is OK, just a couple of big blisters so one handed at the mo really. So, onto important things. The cooking, well, for a change we decided to forgo the Sunday roast. What with it being a family affair and alcohol involved, I decided to make more of a buffet, help yourself as and when type of affair. So, I made bread, prepared salads, a big cheese board and cold meat platter, that type of thing. The star of the show was a couple of chickens. One I roasted with a garlic and herb butter under the skin and the other, was dry rubbed with a spice combination (ginger powder, chilli powder, garlic powder and chinese five spice) stuffed with an onion and lemon for flavour. Very nice they were too. The cooking accident was due to a quiche I made.  A simple bacon, leek and super cheesey effort. Anyway, when taking out the oven I made a booboo and forget it one was of those trays whereby the bottom pushes out. Just a slip on my part and I was juggling a hot tray for a moment. On a plus note, the quiche was saved and everyone loved it. Alls well that ends well. edited - I wasn't allowed to type chicken brest skin. Ridiculous. edited #2 - I want to see what words are allowed. Scrotum Testicle edited #3 - Sort it out sky, scrotum? But brest not allowed.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I wonder what I'd rather do?

1) Spend an evening with Orford.

2) Read some 'Stars Hand Histories

3) Read that pile of poo above.

Orford wins by a distance, followed by a bunch of Hand Histories. Fell at the first, Pile Of Poo.  

• edited November 2015
    Hi Amarie, thanks for asking and thanks for saving TK the trouble. Yep, the burn is OK, just a couple of big blisters so one handed at the mo really. So, onto important things. The cooking, well, for a change we decided to forgo the Sunday roast. What with it being a family affair and alcohol involved, I decided to make more of a buffet, help yourself as and when type of affair. So, I made bread, prepared salads, a big cheese board and cold meat platter, that type of thing. The star of the show was a couple of chickens. One I roasted with a garlic and herb butter under the skin and the other, was dry rubbed with a spice combination (ginger powder, chilli powder, garlic powder and chinese five spice) stuffed with an onion and lemon for flavour. Very nice they were too. The cooking accident was due to a quiche I made.  A simple bacon, leek and super cheesey effort. Anyway, when taking out the oven I made a booboo and forget it one was of those trays whereby the bottom pushes out. Just a slip on my part and I was juggling a hot tray for a moment. On a plus note, the quiche was saved and everyone loved it. Alls well that ends well. edited - I wasn't allowed to type chicken brest skin. Ridiculous. edited #2 - I want to see what words are allowed. Scrotum Testicle edited #3 - Sort it out sky, scrotum? But brest not allowed.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    It falls to me to defend Sky Poker on all manner of unreasonable complaints.

In this case, however, it's a lost cause. I confess a tad of frustration at the bizarre things this Forum Software does, or does not, do, or allow. 

If you did bit know the debates I've had about it with Upstairs.

Ah well, these things are sent to try us. Very successfully, I might add.  

• edited November 2015
    I ain't playing until it's sorted.
    It's beyond ridiculous. Nobody should have to come onto the forum to read testicles this, testicles that.  Before we know it, testicles will be thrown around at every opportunity. Testicles being shoved in the face of the Sky forum auto censor. 
    It'll happen.

• edited November 2015
    I ain't playing until it's sorted. It's beyond ridiculous. Nobody should have to come onto the forum to read testicles this, testicles that.  Before we know it, testicles will be thrown around at every opportunity. Testicles being shoved in the face of the Sky forum auto censor.  It'll happen.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    We actually had two keyboard warriors last night in the PLO8 DYM's.

One was mildly rude, the other went a lot further, & advised me, in a somewhat coarse fashion, that I could avail myself of felatio* with him. I decided to say nothing, & keep my mouth shut.

* - I'm aware of the spelling error, but it was the only way round the swear filter.

• edited November 2015
    'what makes you think i need a toothpick?' was my fave response to that on another site.
  • edited November 2015
    'what makes you think i need a toothpick?' was my fave response to that on another site.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

That is truly excellent.

Probably whooshed the poor soul though.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : We actually had two keyboard warriors last night in the PLO8 DYM's. One was mildly rude, the other went a lot further, & advised me, in a somewhat coarse fashion, that I could avail myself of felatio* with him. I decided to say nothing, & keep my mouth shut.   * - I'm aware of the spelling error, but it was the only way round the swear filter.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Made me lol.

Off to the Comedy Store tonight. Maybe I'll pick up some one liners for the PLO8 tables.
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Also made me lol.......... when I got it!
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : More distraughtness? Very sorry to hear that Gelders, I (genuinely) thought your Geld-Mode experiments were most interesting, as well as jolly hard to combat, as we never knew what Mode was engaged.   Anyway, you are not the sort to do silly bankroll violations, so that's good. Now go win a Freeroll or two, & then come back & join all your plopper pals.
    Posted by Tikay10

Don't worry, my bankroll was only a tenner I was using as play money. Can't justify much more than that while I'm retired from serious online play. And although I'm confident my geldmodes will make me money longer term the variance even on 3.30 dyms can eat that up pdq.

£1 from the freeroll tonight is a start. 

Says something about you ploppers that I'm willing to break my retirement to play plo8 dyms but not UKPC sats. VLV however might be too tempting to forego. 

• edited November 2015
    May I be the first to wish you a Merry Xmas Tikay.  Did you manage to make any Black Friday purchases?

I know how much you love this time of year.

• edited November 2015
    May I be the first to wish you a Merry Xmas Tikay.  Did you manage to make any Black Friday purchases? I know how much you love this time of year. https://gyazo.com/c016a17734de4d670017dcb6f6eb0a0a
    Posted by Donttelmum

+1
  • edited November 2015
    I think he's ignoring us Macagirl :(
  • edited November 2015
    he's obviously busy writing his letter to Santa
  • edited November 2015
    Or wrapping my present

• edited November 2015

This "IGNORE" button works a treat.