You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Haha this is turning into a bit of a Sparing match. 
  • edited February 2016

What have I started?

Sorry Tikay, I thought this would be a Nisa way to get more people popping in here, instead its now a farce.

Edit - actually Jimi started it. Forum ban him.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Asda be the winner 
    Posted by Jac35
    DISQUALIFIED - I did that 6 posts ago, do keep up.

• edited February 2016

Ha, & still they come, good work guys. Jac excepted, obv.

And with that, I'll sign off, as I'm off to play some poker, yay.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : DISQUALIFIED - I did that 6 posts ago, do keep up.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Balls! Missed it

I obv skip past your posts 
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Balls! Missed it I obv skip past your posts 
    Posted by Jac35
    DOUBLE disqualified.

Seriously guys, good to see some forum fun, have a great weekend.
  • edited February 2016
    Even Mor risons to come onto this forum
  • edited February 2016
    It's becoming a bit of a Mammouth exercise to come up with new supermarket related puns.
  • edited February 2016
    In fact I have hit a brick Wal. Mart just have to give up now.
  • edited February 2016
    In fact I have hit a brick Wal. Mart just have to give up now.
    Posted by Phantom66
    dont worry phantom it doesn,t have to be supermarkets we can do some next week and have a currys while we think about it
  • edited February 2016
    Just popped in to wish Eon and Hendo the best of luck in Nottingham for the UKPC doodar.
    If anyone else has luckboxed a free entry, then GL too.
    All The Best.
    It'd be totally Amazoning if they cashed.

• edited February 2016
    Just popped in to wish Eon and Hendo the best of luck in Nottingham for the UKPC doodar. If anyone else has luckboxed a free entry, then GL too. All The Best. It'd be totally Amazoning if they cashed.
    Posted by Macacgirl1

:-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thank you very much Karen, was great having you back for a bit.

Neil
  • edited February 2016
    Just popped in to wish Eon and Hendo the best of luck in Nottingham for the UKPC doodar. If anyone else has luckboxed a free entry, then GL too. All The Best. It'd be totally Amazoning if they cashed.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Thanks Karen 
  • edited February 2016
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Typically Karen, that'd you'd think of that.

How are things on your holiday home? I forgot where it is, is it Camber Sands, or Canvey Island, somewhere like that?

xx

• edited February 2016

My last night playing tonight until next Tuesday, as I'll going to be up at UKPC from tomorrow until Monday.

The games are awesome right now, with plenty of interesting new players, & some really lively games. Scary stuff, but fun.

Profit wise, had a dreadful January & February. It took me until Sunday to get back to where I was on January 1st, having dropped around £225 in the interim, so not sure if that's good or bad. In the period 1st January until Sunday just gone, my Rewards payments totalled £125, so that makes a huge difference, but it also tells me how badly I'm doing compared to last year.

Still, I'm enjoying the games immensely, it's such a relief & relaxation to sit down & play each evening with a bunch of lovely people, & at least I'm not losing any money doing so, & long term, the 'roll is still increasing, albeit very slowly.

Concentration is a big problem, especially when the Forum is "hot", as I struggle to juggle the two at the same time, & I'm deffo making a lot of unforced errors. Will have to try & address that when I get back.

All good, loving life, loving poker.     

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Typically Karen, that'd you'd think of that. How are things on your holiday home? I forgot where it is, is it Camber Sands, or Canvey Island, somewhere like that? xx  
    Posted by Tikay10

Iceland.
  • edited February 2016

Hope it's really really cold.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Iceland.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Anywhere where there's food huh?
  • edited February 2016
    Very best of luck to Eon and Hendrik, two great guys!

Have fun guys and if you get a chance keep us updated on your progress.

Ger
  • edited February 2016
    Very best of luck to Eon and Hendrik, two great guys! Have fun guys and if you get a chance keep us updated on your progress. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks Ger,I'll probably be playing Tikay on a sit & go plo8 table come mid afternoon
  • edited February 2016
    Good luck to all at DTD, have a blast Mr K

xx
  • edited February 2016
    ^^^
    +1 to this
    Enjoy the bad beat stories :-)
  • edited February 2016

Yikes, groan at the incoming bad beat stories. I get told them whilst I'm walking, eating, talking a leak, all sorts.

A chap ought to be able to eat or evacuate without being told them, but some folks can't help themselves. They mean no harm, that's the thing.

It's not the worst thing in the world, just a minor irritation, which, like a pair of tight shoes, or a dodgy mother-in-law, worsens over time. Little doses are fine.  

• edited February 2016
    Yikes, groan at the incoming bad beat stories. I get told them whilst I'm walking, eating, talking a leak, all sorts. A chap ought to be able to eat or evacuate without being told them, but some folks can't help themselves. They mean no harm, that's the thing.   It's not the worst thing in the world, just a minor irritation, which, like a pair of tight shoes, or a dodgy mother-in-law, worsens over time. Little doses are fine.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Stick a Morrisey tape in your Walkman and put your headphones on.
  • edited March 2016
    I have a question for everyone regarding a hand from an £11 dym tonight.
    Great game has gone on a while, 600/300 level.We are four handed, I am in bb 1st or 2nd in chips , small stack open shoves just under 2000 chips, sb raises , I have both covered , sat with Ah Kh Jh 2S, i decided to fold. 
    As it turns out I have exact same hand as sb, except for suits, however, I would have won the high with a flush and split the low with the sb , thus knocking out the shortie. The shortie takes the high and as it happens a few hands later I am the one who is knocked out in fourth.
    Was I correct or not in folding? was it too tight? at the time I thought it was the correct thing to do, am I just annoyed I lost and looking at the result? 
    Ant thoughts?
    Nick
  • edited March 2016
    I have a question for everyone regarding a hand from an £11 dym tonight. Great game has gone on a while, 600/300 level.We are four handed, I am in bb 1st or 2nd in chips , small stack open shoves just under 2000 chips, sb raises , I have both covered , sat with Ah Kh Jh 2S, i decided to fold.  As it turns out I have exact same hand as sb, except for suits, however, I would have won the high with a flush and split the low with the sb , thus knocking out the shortie. The shortie takes the high and as it happens a few hands later I am the one who is knocked out in fourth. Was I correct or not in folding? was it too tight? at the time I thought it was the correct thing to do, am I just annoyed I lost and looking at the result?  Ant thoughts? Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    4 handed with 2 all-in im folding too.
  • edited March 2016
    I have a question for everyone regarding a hand from an £11 dym tonight. Great game has gone on a while, 600/300 level.We are four handed, I am in bb 1st or 2nd in chips , small stack open shoves just under 2000 chips, sb raises , I have both covered , sat with Ah Kh Jh 2S, i decided to fold.  As it turns out I have exact same hand as sb, except for suits, however, I would have won the high with a flush and split the low with the sb , thus knocking out the shortie. The shortie takes the high and as it happens a few hands later I am the one who is knocked out in fourth. Was I correct or not in folding? was it too tight? at the time I thought it was the correct thing to do, am I just annoyed I lost and looking at the result?  Ant thoughts? Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Morning Nick,

A clear fold for me. I think, as you note at the foot of your post, it's results orientated thinking. MOST of the time the fold is correct, imo.

What a great game that was, though, some terrific play, & it was swinging & swonging in every direction, 4 handed there were 4 different chip leaders inside 2 orbits.

If I had lost that, I think I'd have been as disappointed as you were, it's perfectly natural.

When we are 4 handed, with blinds 400-800, so average stack 3.75 Bigs, it's largely a matter of being dealt the right hands & doing the right thing, & I think all 4 of us did that. The rest is down to luck.   

• edited March 2016
    On the subject of PLO8 analysis, I have only played 1 PLO8 game so far this week a £5er.

On the bubble.

I was in a tough spot. I had a little under 2k chips, and had eon to my left and then you both with a little over 2k chips. To my right was a chipped up player who seemed to be playing for all the chips and didnt know where the fold button was.

I wasn't get walked, sb was minraising everything if unopened. 

You and eon were not raising into chippie, and I figured you would be right at the very top of your range and potting if you ever did. 

So basically my stack was shrinking and you and eon were holidng steady.

If chippie was folding a fair share of hands I would have at least had opportunities to steal from you and eon or hopefully find a hand worthy of getting all-in pre with.

I figured short of getting dealt a monster I was happy to take anyone on with, my only option was going to be to take on chippie who must be raising light.

So I went to war over a chippie minraise with something like AQJ2 double suited. Sure enough I was up against some middling cards and ahead on the high and low but lost to a hi only board to a flush. One earlier time I had a similar balanced but not quite so strong hand and called the minraise - missed the flop by a mile and had to fold to a c-bet.

Situationally I dont think I could have done anything else? You and eon were not the ones under pressure and were not going to do anything silly. The onus was on me as the short stack to take the risk. Am I right? Normally I would looked for an unopened pot to raise into you and eon with, I just wasn't getting those and when I was utg I never had a hand worthy of taking on chippie in the bb.

• edited March 2016

^^^

I'd say you did exactly right. There were no "free spots", we know Chippie was raising with airballs (so you were likely to be ahead - & you were, good read), & Eon & I are never gonna attack the Chippie, we are going to attack YOU. Played it perfect, got unlucky, next case.

• edited March 2016

I feel a bit of a fraud, dispensing advice like some wise old sage who knows the game - my results at the moment are nothing like good enough.

I'm really concentrating, & thinking about my game, but results wise, I'm just treading water. My account at present is almost identical to the figure it was on January 1st. So I've played probably 1,000 games since Jan 1 & not made a penny. Pretty terrible, really.

Enjoying it more than ever though. Can't wait to start my session every day, full of hope & enthusiasm, but I just can't seem to string a run of good results together.

The magical mysteries of poker are so wonderfully perplexing.