You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited August 2014

Just a note to say best wishes to Mick from all the regs from AL's Bar. Get well soon mate....it is your round!!
  • edited August 2014
    PM sent re UKPC prizes, thanks again :)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : We'll that didn't go as expected. Good job I ironed my pants! Currently laid up in Southampton General with 4 fractured vertabrae. Halo jacket fitted with 4 bolts in my skull holding it together. So may be a while before I see u all on the felt, but.................. I'll be back!!!! Oh and the next person that winges about a game of cards is gonna get punched (obv when I'm better) See you soon Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    Jeez!!!! get well soon mate!!

from Me & All HitSquad!
  • edited August 2014

27th August Daily Numbery things

Played 55

Won 23

Lost 32

£3.30, P 33, W 14, L 19

£5.50, P 17, W 5 L 12

£11, P 5, W 4, L 1

Opening Balance - £1,407.53

Closing Balance = £1,364.13

Profit/Loss on Night - £43.40

Profit/Loss on Month = £8.90

REWARD POINTS on night = 236

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 1,331 (= £13.31)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 355

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 196

AUGUST WIN % = 55.21%

August Profit/Loss per game = £0.03
  • edited August 2014

Yikes, did you ever see a worse set of numbers?

Could not win a £5.50 to save my life, played 17 & only won 5!

Just as well I had an 80% win-rate in the £11ers, that covered a multitude of sins.

So all the August stats got smashed to smithereens in the biggest session I have ever played, I think.

Boo!

Not quite sure what happened. I was concentrating pretty well. Made a few daft mistakes - bound to in 55 games - but I think - hope - it was just our old friend variance.

Lots of new players last night, & a ton of traffic, so thats all good.

Bad beats don't bother me one iota jot or tickle, but they do make me think. Saw a few purlers last night, these hands were all "all-in pre" for decent stacks, & were all CALLED not Raised.

7-7-6-5

9-4-3-2

K-J-9-4

The K-J-9-4 was the best by far. It had gone pot, re-pot (me, with good aces), then K-J-9-4 man REPOTTED, & the opener called. I hit nut nut & scooped, but what was K-J-9-4 man thinking?!

And 9-4-3-2?

Best fun ever, though I'd rather I had not lost so much.

Need to do better today, for sure.

See you later.

And Lady Variance, play nice today, right?

• edited August 2014

28th August Daily Numbery things

Played 35

Won 19

Lost 16

£3.30, P 24, W 14, L 10

£5.50, P 11, W 5 L 6

£11, P 0, W 0, L 0

Opening Balance - £1,364.13

Closing Balance = £1,358.43

Profit/Loss on Night - £5.70

Profit/Loss on Month = £3.20

REWARD POINTS on night = 127

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 1,458 (= £14.58)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 390

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 215

AUGUST WIN % = 55.12%

August Profit/Loss per game = £0.01
  • edited August 2014

Note that stat......

August Profit/Loss per game = £0.01

Incred!

Look at it a different way - if I add in my Reward Point money, which I will on the last day of the month, it will quadruple my earnings per game. ;)

Marv.

Can't say I did much wrong last night, one or two unforced errors, but mainly, I just run awful in crucial spots.

I needed to win the very last game to turn a profit on the night, & got it in dominating my oppo @ both ends - my A-K-2-3, v his A-Q-2-4. Perfect, right? 

Somehow, we both missed the all high flop & turn, & a 4 rivered to give him the scoopio!

Never mind, the long-term will be the judge of the results, so not to worry, but I am in real danger of having my first ever losing month playing these PLO8 DYM's if I fail to be profitable this weekend.

I suppose I could shut up shop until Monday, & so record a £18 profit for August......but nah, we don't wanna do that. Three big sessions planned to round off August, tonight, tomorrrow & Sunday.

Traffic was relatively light last night, & not a single £11 game ran. 5 ran on Wednesday.

Should be busy this weekend though, as players scramble to top up their Reward Points before Midnight on Sunday.

Comedy busto of the night came when a lad - a mate of mine - raised from a big stack, & I re-potted with my good aces. He snap-re-potted all-in, I call, off we go. He turns over 9-7-5-3. you know the rest, lol.

Two players caught my eye as being very solid & correct - pompeynic, who has become a fearsome oppo, & a lad called PKM, who, when sitting on a big stack early, showed great tactical awareness.

Some big stacks feel they have a duty to auto-call all shoves by shorties. Not sure I buy that. Doubling up a decent shortie makes no sense. I saw one spot where the big stack called a shortie with 6-6-6-7. The other players did not seem overly enthused by that. ;) 

I've been upping my volume this week, but I truncated last night's session early, due to tiredness, & feeling a bit under the weather, plus I wanted to be in the office very early today. No such excuses tonight.

See you guys later.     
  • edited August 2014

Ooh, quick PS - great to hear "Spanners" Vespa is now out of hospital.

Once he hurts a little less, can't wait to hear how all that happened. What price alcohol may have featured?........;)
  • edited August 2014
    Please look after yourself, playing when poorly just to get some blinking rewards points is plain daft.
    Nick and PKM, yes and yes, great stuff.
    I've noticed lots of new names the last few days too, makes for great fun. Some of the calls/re pots have been incredible! Long may it continue, thoroughly entertaining.
  • edited August 2014
    Please look after yourself, playing when poorly just to get some blinking rewards points is plain daft. Nick and PKM, yes and yes, great stuff. I've noticed lots of new names the last few days too, makes for great fun. Some of the calls/re pots have been incredible! Long may it continue, thoroughly entertaining.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I'm not chasing Reward Points Twiglet, I just enjoy playing, & I missed 11 days during UKPC so I'm just making up for it.

Agree with the rest, loads of new faces on the Tables this week. And we've seen some eye-watering calls, too, which all add to the fun. OK, we get hit by a stray bullet now & then, but on balance, it has to be good.

Have a great weekend.

• edited August 2014
    "I'm not chasing Reward Points Twiglet, I just enjoy playing, & I missed 11 days during UKPC so I'm just making up for it."

Good, good, good & good.
    Regardless of chat-box nonsense, we don't want you going MIA with a dose of the flu exacerbated by playing too much.

Have a groovy weekend too.
  • edited August 2014

Good, good, good & good

Good.
  • edited August 2014

groovy weekend

Bit 1960's, bit retro, like? Never realised you were that old.
  • edited August 2014
    I played on another site last night so missed the PLO8 antics on Sky. Suffice to say there was no banter on the other site at all, nothing, nada , nil, zilch. I even tried to start it up but nothing.

That combined with full ring tables and numerous players taking absolutely ages to make a decision, which was nearly always FOLD by the way, meant that by about 10 pm I had nearly lost the will to live and was so bored I was quite happy to bust out of all four MTTs.

I will be cheerfully playing on Sky a little over the weekend and look forward to joining the PLO8 STTs. 
  • edited August 2014
    "taking absolutely ages to make a decision, which was nearly always FOLD by the way"

And there's me thinking TK only played on Sky.
  • edited August 2014
    "taking absolutely ages to make a decision, which was nearly always FOLD by the way" And there's me thinking TK only played on Sky.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    One Tikay I can cope with, imagine playing on 4 tables with 9 Tikays on each one, that's 36 Tikays! It was like Chinese water torture! 
  • edited August 2014
     Some big stacks feel they have a duty to auto-call all shoves by shorties. Not sure I buy that. Doubling up a decent shortie makes no sense. I saw one spot where the big stack called a shortie with 6-6-6-7. The other players did not seem overly enthused by that.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Totally agree Tikay, see it sooooo often where a shortie will fold for 3 or 4 rounds and then will push with obv premiums and a big stack will call 'because they had the chips to'.
    In ICM terms it makes no real sense, let the shortie have the blinds, if they keep waiting for ages to push they wont have any chips
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : One Tikay I can cope with, imagine playing on 4 tables with 9 Tikays on each one, that's 36 Tikays! It was like Chinese water torture! 
    Posted by Enut
    Yeah yeah, bla bla bla......
  • edited August 2014
    "taking absolutely ages to make a decision, which was nearly always FOLD by the way" And there's me thinking TK only played on Sky.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Oi!

Enough.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Totally agree Tikay, see it sooooo often where a shortie will fold for 3 or 4 rounds and then will push with obv premiums and a big stack will call 'because they had the chips to'. In ICM terms it makes no real sense, let the shortie have the blinds, if they keep waiting for ages to push they wont have any chips
    Posted by hagisboy
    In one game yesterday, 4 players left, Blinds are 150-300, & Chippies has a monstrous 8,000.

So the rest of us had 13 bigs BETWEEN US. An average of 4.3 Bigs each.

And the big stack finished FOURTH!

He just called everything, "blind".

Makes no sense to me. Sit out, & let the shorties sort it out, one of them MUST perish.

And I speak with authority, as someone who has made nearly 1p per game in August, so there.
  • edited August 2014
    . And I speak with authority, as someone who has made nearly 1p per week in August, so there.
    Posted by Tikay10

FYP.

.....still miles ahead of Orford though
  • edited August 2014
    Ooh, quick PS - great to hear "Spanners" Vespa is now out of hospital. Once he hurts a little less, can't wait to hear how all that happened. What price alcohol may have featured?........;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Spot on Tony
    Too much of the amber nectar was a major factor.
    But contrary to popular belief I didn't fall off a scooter.
    Was doing some "dad dancing" and decided to show off my moves on the patio of the bar.
    Stepped onto a wall about 18" high lost my footing and as they say the rest is history.
    Struggling to sleep at the moment as the head brace is very uncomfortable but the pain killers are helping.
    Have a few funny stories of my stay in hospital which I will relate at a later date.
    Looking forward returning to the tables.
    Mick
  • edited August 2014
    Have decided to use my £10 free bet from the premiership promo on the following accumulator:-
    Bury,Cambridge,Plymouth,Portsmouth and Wimbledon all to win today at 50-1
    Fingers crossed
    Nick
  • edited August 2014
    Have decided to use my £10 free bet from the premiership promo on the following accumulator:- Bury,Cambridge,Plymouth,Portsmouth and Wimbledon all to win today at 50-1 Fingers crossed Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Good luck Nick!
  • edited August 2014

29th August Daily Numbery things

Played 31

Won 19

Lost 12

£3.30, P 17, W 11, L 6

£5.50, P 11, W 6 L 5

£11, P 3, W 2, L 1

Opening Balance - £1,358.43

Closing Balance = £1,374.83

Profit/Loss on Night - £16.40

Profit/Loss on Month = £19.60

REWARD POINTS on night = 136

REWARD POINTS IN MONTH = 1,594 (= £15.94)

GAMES PLAYED IN MONTH = 421

GAMES WON IN MONTH = 234

AUGUST WIN % = 55.58%

August Profit/Loss per game = £0.05
  • edited August 2014

oooh, thats better.

Won at all 3 levels, & turned in acceptable numbers, phew.

Bit frustrating to lose my last game of the night @ £11, which resulted in a £20 swing the wrong way, pah!

I ended the session early, as I was a bit under the weather again, but I'm in fine fettle today, so fingers crossed for a decent session tonight.

The last game, the £11er, was a cracking game, but I made a dubious decision which, ultimately, turned out to be wrong.

4 of us left, all decent players, all know the score.

Stacks were (approx) 6,000, 3,000, 2,000 (me) & 1,000. 

Shortie button shoves for 700 mof his 1,000, so he ain't passing, I am in the BB with K-K-3-2.

I rerally prefer to be the aggressor than the caller, I am sure I can "win" this game, & I loathe going to war in PLO8 without an ace. Aces are MASSIVE in PLO8. 

But I sort of talked myself into calling, as my K-K-3-2 has emergency insurance if an Ace falls, as I probably get the low. I reckoned he had a big ace, & decided to take my chance. He had A-Q-x-x, so I got my read correct.

The A flopped, but no low arrived, so that was that. I sort of think the play was right, but it's a close one. Anyway, that left me in desperation mode, & it was not to be. Poo (official).     

• edited August 2014

Reminder to self - Post about two interesting games last night which involved "AWAY" players.
  • edited August 2014
    Not that I'll be able to rail you until monday, but what sort of times are you about on the tables Tikay?
  • edited August 2014
    Not that I'll be able to rail you until monday, but what sort of times are you about on the tables Tikay?
    Posted by GaryLaud
    5pm onwards usually Gary is when I see him around 
  • edited August 2014
    oooh, thats better. Won at all 3 levels, & turned in acceptable numbers, phew.          
    Posted by Tikay10

In games maybe so TK but was still a loss on the £5.50s in monetary  terms!!
    Those £5.50 games been giving you grief the past few days.

Congrats on the winning session, stats look a bit better than 1p a game now