You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• edited December 2014
    TK. D'uh. Get Wiv the programme!
    It's the four PLO8 tournaments starting from 1950 to 2120
    Best results from any 2 from 4 count towards the league thingy.

Not that you will play anyway, as you're scared of being bullied by myself and Amerie.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks?:
    TK. D'uh. Get Wiv the programme! It's the four PLO8 tournaments starting from 1950 to 2120 Best results from any 2 from 4 count towards the league thingy. Not that you will play anyway, as you're scared of being bullied by myself and Amerie.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    There is another very accomplished Girlie amongst our ranks now, "SUPERNOVA", aka "Sharon", a friend of mine from way back.

She worked hard at her game with Neil C on BBP, & got herself a Black Belt or somesuch, & I assume she has reactivated on Sky Poker since Neil joined us.

Nice lady, but I ain't scared by any girlies, except when they ogle me.  

• edited December 2014
    so what do Teeks & Orford have in common?
  • edited December 2014
    Won just shy of £11 last night, so not too bad, but finished very badly, lost 3 of the last 4, & still ended up winning 10 of the last 15, so that was a bit of a fail. Battered the £3ers 8-1, lost by the odd one @ £5, & having established a 3-0 position @ £11, then lost the last two, yikes.   Need to sort these £5er ones out, am not doing as well in those as I should. Amazing traffic for a Tuesday - played 15 @ £5.50 & £5 @ £11, which is unheard of really for a Champions League Tuesday, so I knocked up the 150 Reward Points in doiuble quick time. Fun night, just a bit of a Billy Let-Down to end the session so badly, I was heading for a £40+ night.   Thankfully, have recovered all of those huge losses I incurred on two bad sessions last week.   Hope to see some of you guys later tonight.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    a problem with knowing the days of the week.

I guess spending Tues evening getting down with the kids with his x-factor & celebrity nonsense on Tuesday evening's show was so embarrassing to him looking back on it that he decided it didn't happen and re-lived Tuesday again last night.

and yes, just like the 1-day cricket these days, the champions league matches are held on two days.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : There is another very accomplished Girlie amongst our ranks now, "SUPERNOVA", aka "Sharon", a friend of mine from way back.   She worked hard at her game with Neil C on BBP, & got herself a Black Belt or somesuch, & I assume she has reactivated on Sky Poker since Neil joined us. Nice lady, but I ain't scared by any girlies, except when they ogle me.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha, i did notice your numerous flirts t'other night with SUPERNOVA its nice to have another lady at the tables. However i must clarify that none of us (I repeat) NONE of us will have ever ogled you, i do admit to once googling you, but it was only once, honest m'lud.

An interesting fact for you (seeing as you mentioned black belts,) my brother is a black belt 6th dan and currently UK Champion, he has previously been European Champion and has fought on the UK team all over the world, he has now retired but he is happy to come out of retirement if you continue to try and steal my bb!!!

Mother

xxxx
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Haha, i did notice your numerous flirts t'other night with SUPERNOVA its nice to have another lady at the tables. However i must clarify that none of us (I repeat) NONE of us will have ever ogled you, i do admit to once googling you, but it was only once, honest m'lud. An interesting fact for you (seeing as you mentioned black belts,) my brother is a black belt 6th dan and currently UK Champion, he has previously been European Champion and has fought on the UK team all over the world, he has now retired but he is happy to come out of retirement if you continue to try and steal my bb!!! Mother xxxx
    Posted by Amarie
    Ha! Yes, maybe a typo by me there.....

Incred about your Bro. Probably the only famous person ever from Lancashire.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : a problem with knowing the days of the week. I guess spending Tues evening getting down with the kids with his x-factor & celebrity nonsense on Tuesday evening's show was so embarrassing to him looking back on it that he decided it didn't happen and re-lived Tuesday again last night. and yes, just like the 1-day cricket these days, the champions league matches are held on two days.
    Posted by GELDY
    Not knowing the day of the wek, or even time of the day, is one of the kinder things that have been said about me of late......

You settling back nicely into the DYM's?
  • edited December 2014

PLO8 Advent Calendar, December 11th

Played 32 games.

£3.30, P18, W11, L7

£5.50, P10, W6, L4

£11, P4, W1, L3

Total for day, P32, W18, = 56%

Reward Points on night= 157 (+7 on target)

Opening balance £1,467.97

Closing balance £1,491.37

Profit/Loss on day = £23.60

Month To date

£3.30 P177, W96, L81 (54%)

£5.50 P111, W58, L53 (52%)

£11.00 P43, W25, L18 (58%)

TOTAL = P330, W177, L153 (54%)

Reward Points = 1,518 (+18 on target)

Profit Loss to date on Month £23.10
  • edited December 2014

Slight clarification needed on those numbers.

I actually LOST around £20 on my DYM's last night, mainly due to a bad batch of £11ers.

But I won £40 odd quid playing 2 MTT's, so the numbers show a profit, even though I lost at the DYM's.

I use my opening & closing balance as the final arbiter on numbers, so there can be no jiggery pokery, but clearly, that is a bit misleading, & it will flatter my DYM results. Not a big deal in the greater scheme of things, but thought I'd better fess up.

Anyway, I wanted to support the new PLO8 MTT night that Brian & Dave organised, so I played 2 of them. It totally phased my head, as we play DYM's very different to MTT's, & I was not terribly comfortable with mixing the two.

Not a terrible night at the DYM's, but some standatd outdraws in the £11ers knocked the numbers badly, as I lost 3 from 4. Otherwise, OK, & the £3ers are going along better now. Just as well. Overall though, all the win %'s are below target, but the £11ers are keeping me afloat. Need to do a lot better though.

In the 2 MTT's, I bust out of the first within 2 orbits I think, in one hand, the only hand I played.

Chap had been potting it pre every hand, so I devised my strategy - wait for a monster, & go to war with him. I found nice combo aces, he found a nice combo hand (A-Q-5-3 I think), we got it all-in pre, but he hit paired fives on the board & busted me. Ouchio. Maybe I could have waited a while before going to war, maybe it was the right move to get me a stack, I'm not really sure. If it weas a big buy-in event, I fancy I'd have proceeded more cautiously. Anyway, I was first out, marv. I prefer my play to his in Level One, but he did nothing wrong either, & if the cards were face-up pre, I'd still have gone to war.

In the other one, I ran golden throughout, & eventually took it down. I doubled up early, (same move really), then decided to pace myself, nice & steady, before really going through the aggro gears late on. I barely recall losing a single hand all Tourney, & probably got lucky several times, including the last hand when, of all things, I woke up with good aces to beat my old mate Frank Cormach, with Vespa Mick an unlucky third.

So, some run bad, some run good, those swings & swongs are what poker is about.

Ger took a real eye-watering beat to exit, flopping the stone cold nuts with a heart flush, but being runner-runnered perfect perfect to depart.

Never saw much of Macacgirl, except late on, when she arrived in the chatbox to deliberately irritate me. She also stated "I'll burn my laptop, i-Pad & i-Phone of tikay wins this".

So I did.

Over to Macac.           

• edited December 2014
    http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62617005.2
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Haha, Classic
    Made me laugh out loud!

Sky must show this on 861 !!!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Can an old dog learn new tricks? : Haha, Classic Made me laugh out loud! Sky must show this on 861 !!!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Absolutely +1, +2, +3 etc....

Very, very good Mac.........
  • edited December 2014
    Incred about your Bro. Probably the only famous person ever from Lancashire.

From Rochdale (cough):

Jake Cody - most handsome guy in poker (bar none!!) 
    Matt Perrins - another quite handsome poker player
    Jamielou - 2nd in SPT Newcastle (prettiest poker player in the world!!)
    Stebar - 2 final tables at SPT (well, handsome enough to make my heart flutter)
    and not forgetting the Las Vegas winner - meeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nuff said

Mother

xx

• edited December 2014
    Tikay

Just a quickie given that you won the FOSP extra game (VWP BTW) have you winnings shown up on your account?

I min cashed in that one but cannot any reference to it in my account.

ps Macacgirl, glad to see Rich has been on the sunbed and got some colour back...;-)
  • edited December 2014
    Check Out Ambo in this one! http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62685872.2
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    These are so funny, I am really impressed by Tikay's moves. He puts the other presenters to shame.
  • edited December 2014
    Tikay Just a quickie given that you won the FOSP extra game (VWP BTW) have you winnings shown up on your account? I min cashed in that one but cannot any reference to it in my account. ps Macacgirl, glad to see Rich has been on the sunbed and got some colour back...;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yes, I never actually checked "My Account", not even sure I'd know where to look or how to check, but I know the money was insta-credited by the total balance.

Very odd that yours never appeared. As far as Sky Poker are concerned, it is just a regular Tourney, & your winnings should have ben auto-credited to you.

I'd check again to make sure you have not missed it, & then ring CC & see what they say.
  • edited December 2014
    ''I'd check again to make sure you have not missed it, & then ring CC & see what they say.''

I checked the actual money transactions page and there it was, I also figured out why I never saw it on the evenings results, I had pre-regged a few days earlier so it was on that date the tourney showed up......serves me right for actually being organised for once ;-)))

Cheers, awesome costume and moves BTW :-))
  • edited December 2014

PLO8 Advent Calendar, December 12th

Played 11 games.

£3.30, P7, W5, L2

£5.50, P4, W2, L2

£11, P0, W0, L0

Total for day, P11, W7, = 64%

Reward Points on night= 41 (+41 on target, as it was an unscheduled session)

Opening balance £1,491.37

Closing balance £1,496.27

Profit/Loss on day = £4.90

Month To date

£3.30 P184, W101, L83 (55%)

£5.50 P115, W60, L555 (52%)

£11.00 P43, W25, L18 (58%)

TOTAL = P341, W184, L157 (54%)

Reward Points = 1,559 (+59 on target)

Profit Loss to date on Month £29.00
  • edited December 2014

Just a short, unscheduled session on Friday, & did not play yesterday.

Made a fiver, so can't complain, but I just can't seem to get a run going in the £5.50ers & the month's returns are sub-par. Luckily, the £3ers are going a lot better now. It's really quite hard to get all three chiming at the same time.

I start a run of playing 10 of the next 11 nights tonight, so I need to get my act together & play a bit better if the month is to be profitable. At present I have just £20 profit, & I expect to make £45 in Reward Points, so I have a bit of a cushion, but £100 overall profit in December has to be the minimum target.

Undecided whether to play tonight's FSOP Hi-Lo. It really messed with my focus playing MTT's & DYM's together on Thursday, but I did enjoy the MTT's, & it gave me a nice profit, which I really was in need of.

Decisions, decisions. 

Have a lovely Sunday.    

• edited December 2014
    http://www.elfyourself.com/?mId=62617005.2
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Oh dear.

This was hilarious....at first....until on 2nd viewing I noticed how rather feminine and frankly quite hot their bodies are in some scenes, Parts are definitely wobbling where they shouldn't be and I find myself rather nauseas, confused and in need of counselling.

Whereabouts in corfu should I send the bill and solicitors letter regarding damages?
  • edited December 2014

PLO8 Advent Calendar, December 14th

Played 34 games.

£3.30, P21, W14, L7

£5.50, P9, W3, L6

£11, P4, W2, L2

Total for day, P34, W19, = 56%

Reward Points on night= 148 (-2 on target)

Opening balance £1,496.27

Closing balance £1,487.47

Profit/Loss on day = £8.80

Month To date

£3.30 P205, W115, L90 (56%)

£5.50 P124, W63, L61 (51%)

£11.00 P47, W27, L20 (57%)

TOTAL = P375, W203, L172 (54%)

Reward Points = 1,707 (+57 on target)

Profit Loss to date on Month £20.80
  • edited December 2014

Ha!

Was £40 up & heading for a great day, counting my winnings already, then somehow managed to lose NINE of the last TEN games.

The £1,500 barrier is proving as difficult to reach as £1,400 was. Think I spent a month trying to get past £1,400.

• edited December 2014

PLO8 Advent Calendar, December 15th

Played 34 games.

£3.30, P19, W12, L7

£5.50, P9, W6, L3

£11, P6, W3, L3

Total for day, P34, W21, = 62%

Reward Points on night= 160 (+10 on target)

Opening balance £1,487.47

Closing balance £1,501.27

Profit/Loss on day = £13.80

Month To date

£3.30 P224, W127, L97 (57%)

£5.50 P133, W69, L64 (52%)

£11.00 P53, W30, L23 (57%)

TOTAL = P409, W224, L185 (55%)

Reward Points = 1,869 (+69 on target)

Profit Loss to date on Month £34.60
  • edited December 2014

Better.

Managed to won on the night, but it all hung on the last game of the session, an £11er.

The Chippie had 6,500, two stacks each had approx 2,250 each, & I was hanging in with 1,000. It was VERY satisfying to win that one, though it had less to do with my "skills" than how the others played. A very odd game indeed, & I was very fortunate to escape with the win. 

Overall, last night saw some of the most inexplicable play I've ever seen in these things, it was eye-watering, but fun to play against. 

In one £11er, I got it all in pre on the vey first hand with you know what, really good ones, too, & got accommodated by K-9-7-7 which hit a straight. I suppose I don't NEED to go to war very first hand, as the outdraw is very possible, & I could just fold.  Then again, if I could have that match-up every day, every hand, I'd take it, & I'd soon be a very rich man indeed.

Crept over £1,500 for the first time, BOOMIO, but on past experience, I'll creep back under it again tonight.

The games were very slow at first last night, but eventually I got 6 games @ £11, & 9 @ £5.50, which is pretty good for a Monday, (yup, deffo a Monday....) especially as MNF was on.

See you guys tonight.

Whether the Forum will be fixed by then is another matter, so maybe nobody will be able to read this......

For the record, whilst the Community was "down", or apparently so, I could access some of the busier threads by clicking "BLOGS", & on there, some threads are listed on the left hand sidebar. By clicking those, I found the magic, secret, door to the Forum.

• edited December 2014

"Hotwheals" returned to the £11 PLO8 DYM's last night after a lengthy absence, & promptly won all 5 games @ £11, which takes a bit of doing I'd say.   

He has such a great game, everything he does makes sense, & is technically correct. I doubt many PLO8 players on Sky Poker are as profitable as he is, & certainly, from what I've seen, nonr play the game so well. His strategy is so, so, simple, but so so good. Essentially, it's all about starting hand ranges, & he has them completely sussed. Play good starting hands &, over time, you'lll win, play bad starting hands & eventually you'll knock it all in, it's that simple.

Anyway, I welcomed him back, & he told me had had been very unwell lately - firstly he had a heart attack, & then a cancer scare (test results awaited). You probably know that his alias is because he has a wheelchair, or so I understand.

Just wanted to say, if he is reading this, very best of luck with those tests, & hope all is soon well again.

Top, top, bloke.
  • edited December 2014
    Talking of inexplicable plays.

Was short stacked on the button, 4 left, folded to me , i shoved and got looked up by the BB (who didn't have that many more chips than me).

He had the monster hand..........K844r

Ended in a chop as he rivered a 4 for the hi.

Strange!!
  • edited December 2014
    Talking of inexplicable plays. Was short stacked on the button, 4 left, folded to me , i shoved and got looked up by the BB (who didn't have that many more chips than me). He had the monster hand..........K844r Ended in a chop as he rivered a 4 for the hi. Strange!!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Bizarre. Many players struggle to understand the difference between BETTING Ranges & CALLING Ranges. It's fundamental. We can raise with much weaker hands than we can, or should, call with.

We should be pleased at these plays though.

4 handed in one last night, I had 2 Bigs, & was in the BB next hand. Then the 2 big stacks went to war, & one got busted. Yikes, happy days!

Go figure.

It's got nothing to do with poker knowledge, it's just common-sense.

• edited December 2014
    You wouldn't listen to auntie Karen a couple of months ago when I told you the ranges were going silly!

Expect this from 85% of the player base and you'll be on track!
    Any ace
    Any pair
    Any 4 lo cards
    Any 4 high cards 
    Any 2 lo with any 2 hi

The sooner people start playing brilliant hands like 8833 the sooner the standard will improve.

The tournaments are amazing, hand selection is out the window! So much fun. You see the same players either taking them down or busting first. 
    I played the £100 guaranteed yesterday. Played properly! That was a challenge in itself. We get close to the bubble, I pot it with a good hand. It's obv I'm then commited. My eyes nearly fell out when I saw what someone come over the top with, for their tournament life.
    It's obviously ranked higher than the mighty 8833 as they scooped the lot.
  • edited December 2014
    I need a new colour code for these type of players.