You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    well done boylebag all the best
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    thx, hoped you enjoyed taking my stack in the first hand heads up earlier. :p
  • edited January 2010
    I sent you a Pm David and not sure if u got it.  I'm on here playing pretty much every weekday from about 7ish - lots more than that at weekends!
  • edited January 2010
    I sent you a Pm David and not sure if u got it.  I'm on here playing pretty much every weekday from about 7ish - lots more than that at weekends!
    Posted by phil12uk
    still trying to figure out how to get a PM - a bit new to this site :) thanks Phil - appreciate the info.
  • edited January 2010
    Look at you Phil, got pro's following you around now! No time to speak to me now then :(. lolololol
  • edited January 2010
    David

Top of the page thiers My account - deposit funds - withdraw funds - bonuses and my profile -

Click my profile and you should be able to see it on your right hand side
  • edited January 2010
    David Top of the page thiers My account - deposit funds - withdraw funds - bonuses and my profile - Click my profile and you should be able to see it on your right hand side
    Posted by Nutter5932
    figured it out :)
  • edited January 2010
    I'm glad someone has!  :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : figured it out :)
    Posted by DAVID_T
    Hi Dave

A very warm welcome to Sky Poker, most of us are mad, but dont count that against us lolol
  • edited January 2010
    I think Total Player could be improved if other members of the community had the chance to win a % of the Total Player. So, if 40 of us each had 0.5% of the Vegas winnings, we'd all be cheering the TP on like nobody's business!
    Once you get down to the last 3, you could have 120 different community members each having a piece of the action - now think about the interest that would generate!

BB

• edited January 2010
    I think Total Player could be improved if other members of the community had the chance to win a % of the Total Player. So, if 40 of us each had 0.5% of the Vegas winnings, we'd all be cheering the TP on like nobody's business! Once you get down to the last 3, you could have 120 different community members each having a piece of the action - now think about the interest that would generate! BB
    Posted by BigBluster
    Yeh except the poor sod who is playing would hardly win anything LOL
  • edited January 2010

From my understanding, the chosen 10 for the total player comes from a pool of 50, the top performers that previous week.

I want to make an extra effort to make the final 50 again on Matt B's 2nd week.

Can anyone give me exact dates of when Matts week begins and ends?? - I ask because It surely cant be saturday - saturday, because when I got the phone call last time, it was very early in the week.

If Tikay or Matt himself, or even the other mentors could help me with this, id appreciate it as I could schedule my time to maximise my chances of being considered! Thanx, DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    From my understanding, the chosen 10 for the total player comes from a pool of 50, the top performers that previous week. I want to make an extra effort to make the final 50 again on Matt B's 2nd week. Can anyone give me exact dates of when Matts week begins and ends?? - I ask because It surely cant be saturday - saturday, because when I got the phone call last time, it was very early in the week. If Tikay or Matt himself, or even the other mentors could help me with this, id appreciate it as I could schedule my time to maximise my chances of being considered! Thanx, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi Do(hx7).

Matt will be the Mentor next Saturday (NOT this Saturday, when it will be Ed), so that's Saturday 16th January. 

However, my very strong advice to you would be to ignore that, & just play your game. That maximises your chances of being selected by any of the Mentors. It's really not wise to put all your eggs in one basket.
  • edited January 2010

Cheers for the reply TK, but it didn't really answer my question. Do you not know the answer? If so thats fair enough, if you do, but don't want to answer, I suppose that is fair enough as well, i'll have to try and find out another way.

Ed will already have been given his top 50? and be looking through the HH's now? I was notified on the Tuesday, that I was in with a shout the following Saturday, So if no other information is available,
    I'll have to presume Matts next top 50 will be given the call by next Tuesday.

The reason Im putting all my eggs 'in one basket' so to speak, is I really wanna prove Matt wrong for overlooking me last time. This will give me the motivation to play well, focus, and prove a point. Im at my best when thats the aim.

If I just get some specific dates It would give me a big kick up the bum!

No worries if ur 1) unaware if these or 2) aware of them but not willing to disclose them. I see where ya coming from with it.

Thanx for takin the time to reply.

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Cheers for the reply TK, but it didn't really answer my question. Do you not know the answer? If so thats fair enough, if you do, but don't want to answer, I suppose that is fair enough as well, i'll have to try and find out another way. Ed will already have been given his top 50? and be looking through the HH's now? I was notified on the Tuesday, that I was in with a shout the following Saturday, So if no other information is available, I'll have to presume Matts next top 50 will be given the call by next Tuesday. The reason Im putting all my eggs 'in one basket' so to speak, is I really wanna prove Matt wrong for overlooking me last time. This will give me the motivation to play well, focus, and prove a point. Im at my best when thats the aim. If I just get some specific dates It would give me a big kick up the bum! No worries if ur 1) unaware if these or 2) aware of them but not willing to disclose them. I see where ya coming from with it. Thanx for takin the time to reply. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sorry man - I answered the question fully - I don't duck questions, you should know that by now! (Unless they are rude, & yours most certainly was not).

I honestly don't know more than I told you. Just play your a-game, get in the top 50, & nature will take care of the rest.

Matt reads the Thread anyway, so he'll see your Post. But really, I'd strongly advise against, in effect, favouring one Mentor. Three Mentors are better than one, it's like shoving with AK - give yourself more ways of winning.

I'll be answering the other stuff that arose on Saturday night & Sunday as soon as I can, now the "storm" has passed. We don't mind any questions, & will answer them all, but when they are gratitiously insulting & extremely rude, as one or two were, I won't respond.

I'll get on to them as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, good luck Do(hx7) & everyone else.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Sorry man - I answered the question fully - I don't duck questions, you should know that by now! (Unless they are rude, & yours most certainly was not). I honestly don't know more than I told you. Just play your a-game, get in the top 50, & nature will take care of the rest. Matt reads the Thread anyway, so he'll see your Post. But really, I'd strongly advise against, in effect, favouring one Mentor. Three Mentors are better than one, it's like shoving with AK - give yourself more ways of winning. I'll be answering the other stuff that arose on Saturday night & Sunday as soon as I can, now the "storm" has passed. We don't mind any questions, & will answer them all, but when they are gratitiously insulting & extremely rude, as one or two were, I won't respond. I'll get on to them as soon as I can. Meanwhile, good luck Do(hx7) & everyone else.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think what Doh was asking was each mentor gets their 50 selected each week from the top performers, but there must be a timeframe for each week. i.e does it run for example from Monday to Sunday or Saturday to Friday etc etc and then the top players for that week will get a phone call the following week.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I think what Doh was asking was each mentor gets their 50 selected each week from the top performers, but there must be a timeframe for each week. i.e does it run for example from Monday to Sunday or Saturday to Friday etc etc and then the top players for that week will get a phone call the following week.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I don't know the answer to that Charles, if I did, I'd Post it here.

I'll find out though, & Post accordingly. Give me some time, I'll ask.
  • edited January 2010

Thank ya very much guys, Flash for making sense of my waffle, and TK for trying to find out, I rekon Matts week will already have started, but await further news!

Much appreciated, DOHH
  • edited January 2010

Back to Do(hx7)'s question. Here is what the Terms & Conditions say.

As I've already given the date Matt is next on, that should answer everything.

"....1. The player selection period (the “Selection Period”) will run between 12 December 2009 to 13 February 2010. For each week of the Selection Period (and each week will run from Thursday until Wednesday, 50 players will be short-listed by Sky Poker for consideration and entry into the next stage of the Promotion....."
  • edited January 2010

Just a reminder to everyone.

The Terms & Conditions for Total Player are HERE
  • edited January 2010

Brilliant, thanks TK!

DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Is it possible to see last week's show on here anywhere (or a link to it)?
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes Phil - it's usually Uploaded today or tomorrow. I'll have a word & find out, & get back to you with a Link to it.

I think it goes up on THIS page.

Alternatively, HERE
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by phil12uk
    Hi Phil,

I will eventually post it on the Blog thread  / You Tube. We've converted half the show so far, and weather permitting should get the final bit up tomorrow.

Rest assured it will go up by the end of the week - otherwise Friday 8pm on 865 / streamed live.

Kind regards

Aisling
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by phil12uk
    If you go to youtube they have a sky poker channel they get uploadede there Phil.
    Search total player on youtube click on one the click on sky poker channel at the top right of the screen.

If it is not uploaded yet it will be just a matter of a few days i'd guess.
  • edited January 2010
    Thx Ling, Tikay and Jimi - much appreciated! :)
  • edited January 2010
    Thx Ling, Tikay and Jimi - much appreciated! :)
    Posted by phil12uk

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

Way to Go Phil12uk!!! Amazing effort in the £22 Deepie!! Fought long and hard but eventually paid off and you were just pipped by BigShann for 1st!!

2nd place in possibly the toughest field on this site. VWD and very well deserved!!

Hope David was watching.. truly great Poker my friend!

xxx
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO Way to Go Phil12uk!!! Amazing effort in the £22 Deepie!! Fought long and hard but eventually paid off and you were just pipped by BigShann for 1st!! 2nd place in possibly the toughest field on this site. VWD and very well deserved!! Hope David was watching.. truly great Poker my friend! xxx
    Posted by LML
    Thank you Lisa and well done Shann - very tough game yet again! I also managed 14th in the 500+ runner double stack mtt tonight as well so very pleased :)
  • edited January 2010
    Just a word to thank ScotBMW,Hutch & others in the £300grd for the chatter duing game,which I was lucky enough to finish 7th,not bad for old cogger nearing his 70 birthday,major19.
  • edited January 2010
    Just a word to thank ScotBMW,Hutch & others in the £300grd for the chatter duing game,which I was lucky enough to finish 7th,not bad for old cogger nearing his 70 birthday,major19.
    Posted by major19
    Well done Major great result!

PS - Your only as old as you feel!
  • edited January 2010
    Or as old as the woman you feel!!!