You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010

Well done to some excellent players who got picked tonight..................and well done to James as well ;o).

• edited January 2010
    Its called super life tilt.

I don't think the serious people at Sky believe that 1 hand is an effective sample of a players ability; especially when I am so clearly no on tilt and not playing my true game. I, however, believe results over a consistent period of time or #hands to be a more reliable measure of skill. So if at any time you want to compare results over the last year, I'll be more than willing to compare graphs/poker tracker stats with you.

If you want to talk poker theory and strategy with me you're more than welcome... or if on the other hand you believe you have an edge on me...

I'll play you anywhere, any stakes, any time. You name the time and place and I'll be there. :)

If,however, and quite likely, you don't take me up on either of those offers, I look forward to seeing you nit it out on the tables in the near future. :)

All the best

Lewis

P.S I missed you tonight, I didn't catch you up for selection. oops.
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations to Matt's 3 picks on tonights show. A bit gutted not to be chosen after his analysis of my hands but obviously the other 3 players were better prospects than me. Still i've had my 5 mins of fame and I fully understand why he chose the players he did. Good Luck to all who have made the grade. I have 1 more chance so its back to the low limit grind for me. Its all I can afford. Hope to see you all at the tables.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    Yes greg, loadsa time m8 - the week runs from thursday - 2 days ago, till this wednesday! Chuck a sicky n put some hours in! DOHH Oh P.S, with 5 minutes ago to the announcement, GOOD LUCK FLASH!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks mate

in that case i will put some hours in on the stt tables in a final drive to make a short list and get picked.

It would be nice to know what sort of profit target i have to make to make the top 10 stt player shortlist. Does any1 know?

thanks

WELL DONE FLASH, JAMES AND SPARSE gl to all of you.

• edited January 2010

Big congrats to FLASHFLUSH, cracking effort to make it having just recently moved up to that level, well chuffed for u. James and Sparce, well done to u guys too - definately 2 of the top players on the site, if not the top 2.

Good company ur in there Flash, James, Sparce, Sharksbite, and Pokerbcity, - least ur guna do is learn alot, n hopefully, u will go deep in the comp.

DOHHH

(P.S he dropped Webby, LOLUFOLD, and ME!!!! - embarassment of riches Matt has! lol) - Have fun guys !
  • edited January 2010
    Its called super life tilt. I don't think the serious people at Sky believe that 1 hand is an effective sample of a players ability; especially when I am so clearly no on tilt and not playing my true game. I, however, believe results over a consistent period of time or #hands to be a more reliable measure of skill. So if at any time you want to compare results over the last year, I'll be more than willing to compare graphs/poker tracker stats with you. If you want to talk poker theory and strategy with me you're more than welcome... or if on the other hand you believe you have an edge on me... I'll play you anywhere, any stakes, any time. You name the time and place and I'll be there. :) If,however, and quite likely, you don't take me up on either of those offers, I look forward to seeing you nit it out on the tables in the near future. :) All the best Lewis P.S I missed you tonight, I didn't catch you up for selection. oops.
    Posted by BrownnDog

UL tonight fella.

With regards the Stien post - very classy obv.
    I would like to shake hands with the player who hasn't played tons of hands badly - I don't think they exist in reality.
    If people want to come on here and try and embarrass players then go ahead - just consider that it probably shows you in a poorer light, than the person you are trying to embarrass.

• edited January 2010
    BrownDog,

I thought I'd get your attention, just winding you up, but seriously what were you thinking on the turn, I hate him, i'll hit on the river and stack him, on the river?????????????????? A bit harsh calling me a nit when you play G all the time, BTW I still think your shove to the 4 bet with QQ pf to that unknown 1st hand was a marginal play.

stien
  • edited January 2010
    Jackally,

Sorry if I upset the old boys network, BrownDog, yourself, G9, Glitterbabe the pro's it's like an exclusive club. Can I not have a bit of fun? Sure i've played a load of hands badly, buts that's how we learn, I just expect better from a pro who claims to earn 200k a year, that was the figure in the chat box. It's bad enough when the fish suck out, without the pro's trying to beat the odds.

Stien

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : thanks mate in that case i will put some hours in on the stt tables in a final drive to make a short list and get picked. It would be nice to know what sort of profit target i have to make to make the top 10 stt player shortlist. Does any1 know? thanks WELL DONE FLASH, JAMES AND SPARSE gl to all of you.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    it must be a huge amount mate, take mickjenn1 hes cashed well over 6 grand in mtts and low/med cash in the last few weeks since this begain and he aint got a look in
  • edited January 2010
    wd the 3 noobs :D
  • edited January 2010
    Matt Broughtons gone for the Swindon massive!!
    Well done James and Charles
    JAMES FTW!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : it must be a huge amount mate, take mickjenn1 hes cashed well over 6 grand in mtts and low/med cash in the last few weeks since this begain and he aint got a look in
    Posted by N1CK
    dont forget he's chat banned so he got no chance (dont slaughter me for this)how is he gonna muster the votes on the forum if he is in a run off when he cant put his opinions forward??
  • edited January 2010
    Well done to all again  tonight  glk in the  play offs .. 
  • edited January 2010
    Jackally, Sorry if I upset the old boys network, BrownDog, yourself, G9, Glitterbabe the pro's it's like an exclusive club. Can I not have a bit of fun? Sure i've played a load of hands badly, buts that's how we learn, I just expect better from a pro who claims to earn 200k a year, that was the figure in the chat box. It's bad enough when the fish suck out, without the pro's trying to beat the odds. Stien
    Posted by stien
    Not a problem Stien - if you were having a bit of fun, then ok. But it didn't quite come across that way to me.

BTW, I ain't no pro - suppose I should take that as a compliment.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi All

Just want to say a big thank-you to Matt for selecting me, and thankyou to everyone who has shown their support. To see my name on screen between 2 fulltime pro's and probably the 2 players with the biggest bankrolls on sky was an honour.
    I know I have some doubters, but this is my time to prove I can play poker with the best of them and im not just a forum poster/emailer.

No idea what the "Challenges" will be, but I will give it 110% (I could do 111% but I can't be bothered ;-) )
    Well done to the other 2 selected, James a know personally as we play together at the KC Club in Swindon along with the_gibb (Who has also been shortlisted twice), 5toneface and STU71.

Looking forward to the next stage and I hope I can show everyone why Matt selected me over some other great players.

Charlie
  • edited January 2010
    Hi All Just want to say a big thank-you to Matt for selecting me, and thankyou to everyone who has shown their support. To see my name on screen between 2 fulltime pro's and probably the 2 players with the biggest bankrolls on sky was an honour. I know I have some doubters, but this is my time to prove I can play poker with the best of them and im not just a forum poster/emailer. No idea what the "Challenges" will be, but I will give it 110% (I could do 111% but I can't be bothered ;-) ) Well done to the other 2 selected, James a know personally as we play together at the KC Club in Swindon along with the_gibb (Who has also been shortlisted twice), 5toneface and STU71. Looking forward to the next stage and I hope I can show everyone why Matt selected me over some other great players. Charlie
    Posted by FlashFlush
    well done flashgordon happy to see you through,

gl in next stage,

and to all the rest,

over and out a reformed roborover lol
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all

A great well done to each and every player who has been chosen, indeed I can count most of them as friends too GET IN :)
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats to Saturday night's three Flash, James & Sparce, and good luck during the next few months of the contest.
  • edited January 2010

The Fab Fifteen are......

boylebag

cottlad

dantb10

gliterbabe

flashflush

jakally

lJAMESl

nutter5932

penguin7

phil12uk

pokerbcity

pryce6

sharksbite

sparce

yippeeyappee

To them all, my congrats, it's really something special to put yourself up for public scrutiny.

And I'm stunned by just how many really good Players we have here - look at that list!

What an eclectic mix, too, & it's warming to see so many of the long-term Sky Poker regulars in the list.
  • edited January 2010

Just trying to pick up on all the questions.

An interesting one.

Several players - yippeeyappee, Jakally, FlashFlush, amongst others, mentioned possibly being at Luton for the next leg of TKO, in March.

You may not be aware, that the Luton SPT coincides with the night trhat the Total Player Winner will be announced. So you may be in the Studio that night!

For those at Luton SPT, we will arrange to briefly interrupt the Touirney so you can watch the announcement of the TP Winner live on telly. I'm pretty sure the atmo will be extraordinary, & the winner will be supported hugely by the Community. And as Luton is only 45 minutes from Feltham, I may even bring him or her up to Luton to get the party started. That'd be a bit special.
  • edited January 2010
    thx matt for considering me im having a job to push my chest back in the three you picked are the right ones good luck to those that were chosen gonna have a lie down now to calm down phew....sean
    Posted by stokefc
    What a top bloke you are Sean. Someone who takes a setback with dignity - proper bloke you,.

Sorry I inadvertently referred to you as a Port Vale supporter. I get confused.
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations to Matt's 3 picks on tonights show. A bit gutted not to be chosen after his analysis of my hands but obviously the other 3 players were better prospects than me. Still i've had my 5 mins of fame and I fully understand why he chose the players he did. Good Luck to all who have made the grade. I have 1 more chance so its back to the low limit grind for me. Its all I can afford. Hope to see you all at the tables.
    Posted by Ratboy71
    And top man you, too.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi All Just want to say a big thank-you to Matt for selecting me, and thankyou to everyone who has shown their support. To see my name on screen between 2 fulltime pro's and probably the 2 players with the biggest bankrolls on sky was an honour. I know I have some doubters, but this is my time to prove I can play poker with the best of them and im not just a forum poster/emailer. No idea what the "Challenges" will be, but I will give it 110% (I could do 111% but I can't be bothered ;-) ) Well done to the other 2 selected, James a know personally as we play together at the KC Club in Swindon along with the_gibb (Who has also been shortlisted twice), 5toneface and STU71. Looking forward to the next stage and I hope I can show everyone why Matt selected me over some other great players. Charlie
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Congrats Charles. If I'm not mistaken, you've been with Sky Poker since Day One, & we've met at many of the Live Events. You even cashed in one..... And I doubt if I've played anyone Online at Sky Poker as much as I've played you. A proper gentleman, you.

Life must be food - TP Mentor Pick, making money at poker, 22 years old, 7 kids, MBN.

Well done too, to the Swindon Massive - lJAMESl is another one of that growing band.
  • edited January 2010
    Just trying to pick up on all the questions. An interesting one. Several players - yippeeyappee, Jakally, FlashFlush, amongst others, mentioned possibly being at Luton for the next leg of TKO, in March. You may not be aware, that the Luton SPT coincides with the night trhat the Total Player Winner will be announced. So you may be in the Studio that night! For those at Luton SPT, we will arrange to briefly interrupt the Touirney so you can watch the announcement of the TP Winner live on telly. I'm pretty sure the atmo will be extraordinary, & the winner will be supported hugely by the Community. And as Luton is only 45 minutes from Feltham, I may even bring him or her up to Luton to get the party started. That'd be a bit special.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ummm I am registered to the SPT semi tonight. Should I just carry on and try to qualify? If I do manage to get to the final would I be refunded or what would happen? Was really looking forward to SPT Luton as I didnt go to Newcastle, but a WSOP seat would have to take priority!
  • edited January 2010

Amazingly, five of the previous mentor Picks have been on th Thread since last night & given their congrats to last night's picks.

And two guys who really want to qualify - Dohx7 & Hoggers, have both been very gracious to last night's picks.

Top stuff.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : ummm I am registered to the SPT semi tonight. Should I just carry on and try to qualify? If I do manage to get to the final would I be refunded or what would happen? Was really looking forward to SPT Luton as I didnt go to Newcastle, but a WSOP seat would have to take priority!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Carry on & try to qualify, to assume your non-availability for Luton would be a little premature.

The TP package includes an SPT Seat anyway, so I doubt you'd be too bothered if you had to miss Luton......
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Carry on & try to qualify, to assume your non-availability for Luton would be a little premature. The TP package includes an SPT Seat anyway, so I doubt you'd be too bothered if you had to miss Luton......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Absolutly, thats what I was thinking, after weeks of "Gruelling challenges" the satelites would be finished, that was my worry. By no means am i expecting to be in the final, far from it, but like everyone else in this, we are in it to win it, and will all be giving it 110%.

p.s What a list of players that is at the moment. Cant wait to see who the final 3 are.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : What a top bloke you are Sean. Someone who takes a setback with dignity - proper bloke you,. Sorry I inadvertently referred to you as a Port Vale supporter. I get confused.
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTwas just so proud that i was even considered and matt took the time to scout around and spot some of my plays,must be doing something right thats enough for me.as for the port vale thingy dunna worry i get that all the time when i,m walking round in me red n white top
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD :
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : What a top bloke you are Sean. Someone who takes a setback with dignity - proper bloke you,. Sorry I inadvertently referred to you as a Port Vale supporter. I get confused. Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTwas just so proud that i was even considered and matt took the time to scout around and spot some of my plays,must be doing something right thats enough for me.as for the port vale thingy dunna worry i get that all the time when i,m walking round in me red n white top
    Posted by stokefc
    Hi Stoke

I have to agree, poker is full of outdraws, bad beats and of course our old friend varience, if you have gone in with the best hand and get outdrawn, there is nothing more you can do, its how you deal with it, you either throw your dummy out the pram, or as I do shrug shoulders, got my money in good, nh, carry on to the next game, its poker, its fun, and if you win its a bonus :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : dont forget he's chat banned so he got no chance (dont slaughter me for this)how is he gonna muster the votes on the forum if he is in a run off when he cant put his opinions forward??
    Posted by loonytoons
    It is not a Forum Vote. It's a Vote of ALL registered Sky Poker Players.

There's quite a difference. I don't know the precise numbers, but I'd not be far out if I guessed that around 5% of those with Acounts on Sky Poker use the Forum. Which would mean that 95% don't, if my maths were correct......

Talking of Maths, did you see poor Rich struggling to do the mental maths on Master Cash last night? Natasha was £46 up on an investment of £300 at the time, & he needed a pencil & paper to work out what % that was! What on EARTH do kids learn at school these days?