You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010
    hi barry you well pal
  • edited January 2010
    Tikay

What if a player under the age of 21 wins total player, how will he/she be able to play in the WSOP main event?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    hi barry you well pal
    Posted by stokefc
    Hi m8

I am ok thank you, and you, and vwd :)
  • edited January 2010
    Tikay What if a player under the age of 21 wins total player, how will he/she be able to play in the WSOP main event?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Afraid not - an alternative prize will be offered in that case.
  • edited January 2010
    Tikay What if a player under the age of 21 wins total player, how will he/she be able to play in the WSOP main event?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Hi BrownnDog

This has been covered as one of the players are under 21, so a prize equivilant will be offered :)
  • edited January 2010
    very well done charles good to see you up there. also well done to the other two. anj x
  • edited January 2010
    Congratulations to all who have qualified.  I can see this being a battle royale for the coveted place, good luck to you all.
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for clarifying that :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : It is not a Forum Vote. It's a Vote of ALL registered Sky Poker Players. There's quite a difference. I don't know the precise numbers, but I'd not be far out if I guessed that around 5% of those with Acounts on Sky Poker use the Forum. Which would mean that 95% don't, if my maths were correct...... Talking of Maths, did you see poor Rich struggling to do the mental maths on Master Cash last night? Natasha was £46 up on an investment of £300 at the time, & he needed a pencil & paper to work out what % that was! What on EARTH do kids learn at school these days
    Posted by Tikay10
    If they're in my class they learn about odds and hand values :) 

We are actually teaching %s at the moment and find the strategy of finding 10% first is the most productive for 10 year olds...........is that too advanced for Mr Orford?
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Hi Mr SnoopDoggyDawg from Birmingham.

It's covered by Rule 17 of the Total Player Terms & Conditions, which states.....

17. If the winner is under the age of 21 for the start of the 2010 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas, therefore unable to participate due to Nevada Gambling legislation, then they will be awarded a prize of similar value to another Worldwide Poker Event. In this case reasonable hotel and travel expenses will also be provided.

If you wish to peruse the T & C's - & all those interested in Total Player should do so before entering, of course - they are HERE
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : If they're in my class they learn about odds and hand values :)  We are actually teaching %s at the moment and find the strategy of finding 10% first is the most productive for 10 year olds...........is that too advanced for Mr Orford?
    Posted by phil12uk
    I find it extraordinary - & quite sad - that many people need a calculator to work out simple percentages these days. I blame calculators. They should be Banned in schools.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : If they're in my class they learn about odds and hand values :)  We are actually teaching %s at the moment and find the strategy of finding 10% first is the most productive for 10 year olds...........is that too advanced for Mr Orford?
    Posted by phil12uk

Rich is still trying to work out what 5% of his bank roll is.
    Will someone please tell him it doesn't matter 5% of nothing is still nothing and that he needs another reload.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : I find it extraordinary - & quite sad - that many people need a calculator to work out simple percentages these days. I blame calculators. They should be Banned in schools.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The only time they're allowed in my classroom is when the children are marking their own work because I can't be bothered! *disclaimer in case my headteacher reads this.......I actually mean they use calculators to check the correctness of their answers* ;)
  • edited January 2010

Congratulations to the 3 players picked last night, 3 more top quality players added to the whose who list of SkyPoker...I've had the pleasure of meeting both James and Flash  at live events before, nice blokes indeed... This is going to be 1 tough competition to win for sure but best of luck to everyone involved...

GB

• edited January 2010
    Just trying to pick up on all the questions. An interesting one. Several players - yippeeyappee, Jakally, FlashFlush, amongst others, mentioned possibly being at Luton for the next leg of TKO, in March. You may not be aware, that the Luton SPT coincides with the night trhat the Total Player Winner will be announced. So you may be in the Studio that night! For those at Luton SPT, we will arrange to briefly interrupt the Touirney so you can watch the announcement of the TP Winner live on telly. I'm pretty sure the atmo will be extraordinary, & the winner will be supported hugely by the Community. And as Luton is only 45 minutes from Feltham, I may even bring him or her up to Luton to get the party started. That'd be a bit special.
    Posted by Tikay10
    THIS COULD BE FUN. I HAVE ALREADY QUALIFIED FOR LUTON AND WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THERE, BUT OBVIOUSLY TOTAL PLAYER IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT. IF IT WORKS OUT BETTER THAT I DONT PLAY LUTON CAN I GIVE MY SEAT AWAY ?
    GREAT SHOW LAST NIGHT AND GOOD TO SEE THE DIGNITY SHOWN BY THE UNSUCCESSFUL PICKS.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : THIS COULD BE FUN. I HAVE ALREADY QUALIFIED FOR LUTON AND WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THERE, BUT OBVIOUSLY TOTAL PLAYER IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT. IF IT WORKS OUT BETTER THAT I DONT PLAY LUTON CAN I GIVE MY SEAT AWAY ? GREAT SHOW LAST NIGHT AND GOOD TO SEE THE DIGNITY SHOWN BY THE UNSUCCESSFUL PICKS.
    Posted by penguin7
    No - I'm afraid not. See my reply to FlashFlush, but really, I'd advise you to cross that bridge when you come to it. It will work out fine, & nobody will be disadvantaged if it clashes.
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats to the 3 picks last night!!

I doubt you'd be able to find 3 better players!!

This is guna be tough!

Bring it on!!!
  • edited January 2010
    ONCE AGAIN A TOUGH WEEK RESULTS IN TOUGH DECISIONS BY THE MENTORS ANOTHER THREE GREAT PLAYERS BEST OF LUCK FOR THE COMING WEEK TO THE FINAL THREE MUCH COVETED PLACES THEY WILL BE HARD EARNED THATS A FACT WELL DONE ON YOUR SELECTION FLASH ,JAMES AND SPARCE ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE FOR MANY OF US IT WILL REMAIN A DREAM
  • edited January 2010

Bennydip asked the following question on another Thread.

".....My problem with all this is still the public vote ?? 

Tony has told us in a previous post that it WONT be a  "poll vote" ... but we are being told it will be a forum vote by all the people who have a SkyPoker account ?? 

So how is this vote going to happen... are we going to be emailed and a secret mailing vote takes place ?
    Or will it be a secret Forum vote ?
     It's for sure it wont be an Open vote with a list showing who voted for who or can it ?

So how is this voting going to happen or is that something that  hasn't been thought out yet or even worse ,  do the "powers that be"  realise THIS is going to be the biggest problem, not the player picks or mentors they are  all good...

Its just HOW exactly is the final vote going to be done ?....."

Before I reply - & it will take me a while, as there are actually about 8 questions in there, (count them!) I should say to others that Benny & I are good friends, & we both respect each other greatly. I have to say that, because it may not look that way.

Benny has asked these questions previously, on numerous occasions, about 8 times I think. I've tried to answer them honestly & openly every time, & probably made a few mistakes too.

But I don't really understand the problem. I keep answering the questions again & again, & he knows I would not be deceitful with him, or anyone else.

So, afrer I'd replied to all his questions previously, & at enormous length ("I missed the point" apparently), Benny wrote this, on this very Thread, on 30th December.......

".....Tony , sometimes it's like drawing teeth with you  ..*big sigh"  at last the answer !!

Quote.
    "Every Sky Poker player will be entitled to a vote, & it won't be via a Forum poll, either."
     That's the question I  was asking all-along, about a forum poll ..    

big *sigh* of relief ......   :)) ...."

I asumed that settled the matter. Clearly, I was wrong. But you could not blame me for thinking that, could you?

And before I try to answer all his "new" questions yet again, let me quote you Rule 19. It's always been there, & it's never been changed.

".....19. The winner will be selected following an online vote where each Sky Poker player will be eligible to cast one vote......"

OK, I'll answer his latest questions next.
  • edited January 2010

"....Tony has told us in a previous post that it WONT be a  "poll vote" ... but we are being told it will be a forum vote by all the people who have a SkyPoker account ?? ..."

All players who have an Account with Sky Poker will be eligible to Vote. They do not have to be a Forum Member, & the Vote will not be conducted on the Forum. See Rule 19, which is HERE

".....So how is this vote going to happen... are we going to be emailed and a secret mailing vote takes place ? ....."

I've no idea, but I would surmise from Rule 19 that yes, that's the case.

"....Or will it be a secret Forum vote?...."

No. See Rule 19.

It's for sure it wont be an Open vote with a list showing who voted for who or can it ?

I don't know what you mean by "Open Vote". Who voted for who is not usually shown in any nornal Voting procedure, for obvious reasons. If I were entitled to Vote - & I'm not - I would not Vote if others could see who I Voted for, that's fundamentally wrong. I would be staggered if Sky Poker were to publish a list of who voted for whom, but I don't know any more than what Rule 19 states, & I've applied basic common-sense to it in my interpretation of it.

"....So how is this voting going to happen or is that something that  hasn't been thought out yet or even worse ,  do the "powers that be"  realise THIS is going to be the biggest problem, not the player picks or mentors they are  all good... "

I'm not clear on what you mean "how is this going to happen". I deem Rule 19 to mean that every Registered Sky Poker Player will be sent a Voting Form. 

Why do you ask "or has this not been thought out"? What does Rule 19 not say, (that you were happy with before), that it should?

Why do you keep saying "this is going to be the biggest problem"? What problem?

Its just HOW exactly is the final vote going to be done ?....."

See Rule 19. It will be an Online Vote where each Sky Poker player wil be eligible to Vote.

I said this on the previous occasion, as I was getting a little frustrated at the same questions again & again, (after which you Posted that you were now completely happy) & which take me a lot of my personal time to answer - I'm sorry, but I can't keep replying to the same questions over & over again. You will have to defer to Sky-Ling or Sky Des if you think I have not answered all your questions fully, openly, & satisfactorily. 

Have a good day, & take care now.

• edited January 2010

The full set of Total Player Terms & Conditions are here
  • edited January 2010
    so how do we vote then tikay?

lol
  • edited January 2010
    so how do we vote then tikay? lol
    Posted by dantb10
    You write the name on the back of a £5 note and post it to my home address. I WAS going to say 20's but I know how broke all poker players are lol
  • edited January 2010
    Lol!

A fiver is pushing it!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : dont forget he's chat banned so he got no chance (dont slaughter me for this)how is he gonna muster the votes on the forum if he is in a run off when he cant put his opinions forward??
    Posted by loonytoons
    yeah thats a good point he is chat banned, im sure i read that a sky analist said it was open to absolutley anyone but obviously he forgot to mention it, well pointed out loony
  • edited January 2010
    The full set of Total Player Terms & Conditions are here
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi  Tony thanks for all the time and effort you have taken  to answer my questions, and to me the whole promotion and concept of the SPT is brilliant !

Your question...
    "Why do you ask "or has this not been thought out"? What does Rule 19 not say, (that you were happy with before), that it should?"

Rule 19 .. just says there will be an online vote, nothing more, nothing less,..

All i've  been asking is HOW the online voting will  take place ? ..hence all the  'ifs' 'buts' and 'maybes' !

So in conclusion from the above post ,,..
    We are all going to be emailed with a form to fill and send via email back to Skypoker our vote,, of our choice  who we would like to be the winner !!  

If that's it....   that's great  but it wasn't explained in Rule 19  that this is the way it's going to be done ! 

Again thanks for all your time , right I'm now off to do some dancing at the poker tables !!
  • edited January 2010
    Where's Tonys Post Gone ??

The one that explained the voting and showed rule 19  ?

This looks like a case  for Mulder and Scully ..

Things moving and disappearing   eehk
  • edited January 2010
    Where's Tonys Post Gone ?? The one that explained the voting and showed rule 19  ? This looks like a case  for Mulder and Scully .. Things moving and disappearing   eehk
    Posted by bennydip2
    Have you tried looking on the previous page of this thread?    :-)
  • edited January 2010
    Hey everyone thanks for the kind words. Matt has really picked a strong side here! 

Welldone to Sparce and Charles too, David (Sparce) I am friendly with and we chat alot about hand analysis etc, Charles is a good friend of mine and we always have a good crack together, some great banter goes on as I always call him a nit when we play live together but he showed some really great plays last night so special welldone to him :-).

I am really chuffed to be given this opportunity as I've never been to Vegas before or played in the WSOP, I am a total wimp when it comes to flying it really scares me.

Goodluck to everyone in the competition its going to get wild and I'm looking forward to battling the other 17 players. 

What a classy post from Stokefc by the way, unlucky on not being selected mate but theirs still a week left.
  • edited January 2010
    Just want to add my congrats to everyone who has been chosen thus far. It's really going to be be exciting to find out who gets picked over the coming weeks