You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD

Comments

• edited January 2010

Total Player devotees, candidates, hopefuls, fans, or even Mentor Picks might want to show your Hand Analysis skills......

Here

....and

HERE
  • edited January 2010
    Have the TP 'trials and tests' for the selected players started yet?? I only ask as i just went onto a 42 seater 1 minute 500 chip roulette, and at my table was penguin7. We ended up heads up at the end, through wonderful skill and a few suck outs, he beat me to win it. Really surprised to see one of the chosen in this type of competition thats all.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD:
    [QUOTE]Have the TP 'trials and tests' for the selected players started yet?? I only ask as i just went onto a 42 seater 1 minute 500 chip roulette, and at my table was penguin7. We ended up heads up at the end, through wonderful skill and a few suck outs, he beat me to win it. Really surprised to see one of the chosen in this type of competition thats all.
    Posted by loonytoons

No, not yet loonybin.

PS - Was it you that asked me about how the Presenters & Analysts had got on at PTP?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : [QUOTE ]Have the TP 'trials and tests' for the selected players started yet?? I only ask as i just went onto a 42 seater 1 minute 500 chip roulette, and at my table was penguin7. We ended up heads up at the end, through wonderful skill and a few suck outs, he beat me to win it. Really surprised to see one of the chosen in this type of competition thats all. Posted by loonytoons
    No, not yet loonybin. PS - Was it you that asked me about how the Presenters & Analysts had got on at PTP?
    Posted by Tikay10
    no but please tell
  • edited January 2010
    Have the TP 'trials and tests' for the selected players started yet?? I only ask as i just went onto a 42 seater 1 minute 500 chip roulette, and at my table was penguin7. We ended up heads up at the end, through wonderful skill and a few suck outs, he beat me to win it. Really surprised to see one of the chosen in this type of competition thats all.
    Posted by loonytoons

Total Player = all round game.
    Sounds like Penguin has got the full range sorted.
    (might try one of these - they sound good fun).

• edited January 2010
    Posted by loonytoons
    Why be surprised? Im not working at all at the moment  so Im all over the site and just loving the game. I would get bored stupid if I just sat bashing away multitabling at cash tables. Yesterday I played a full range of games, omaha, holdem, deepstack, DYM, bounty hunter and had a great time. I was down to 675 chips on the cash bubble in the big bounty hunter last night and held on to a top ten finish. I played the £20 deepie which is always full of great players and played quite loose, with an outrageous hand against Tikay to eventually finish 2nd. That roulette tourny was good fun, I was lucky from the start, kept moving tables so never was in blinds! And it was really down to one big hand at the right time which made it a tossup between you and me. Its great playing different people.Good luck with your own game, I am just contemplating the long journey to Newcastle for the SPT.
    Tony
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Why be surprised? Im not working at all at the moment  so Im all over the site and just loving the game. I would get bored stupid if I just sat bashing away multitabling at cash tables. Yesterday I played a full range of games, omaha, holdem, deepstack, DYM, bounty hunter and had a great time. I was down to 675 chips on the cash bubble in the big bounty hunter last night and held on to a top ten finish. I played the £20 deepie which is always full of great players and played quite loose, with an outrageous hand against Tikay to eventually finish 2nd. That roulette tourny was good fun, I was lucky from the start, kept moving tables so never was in blinds! And it was really down to one big hand at the right time which made it a tossup between you and me. Its great playing different people.Good luck with your own game, I am just contemplating the long journey to Newcastle for the SPT. Tony
    Posted by penguin7
    Thanks for that, i just thought it quite unusual thats all, but its good to see that decent players will sometimes play the so called 'silly games' lol, just hope that the mentor realises its a roulette when he sees you going all in every other hand lol. keep pokering as my other half says!!
  • edited January 2010
    Good luck to all the 10 players tonight :)
  • edited January 2010
    So, it's congrats to the last 3 picks on Team Ed...for the moment ;)

Pryce6

Gliterbabe

YipeeYapee

Good luck to you guys in the upcoming bankroll challenge and good luck to everyone this week making a fresh start to get noticed in the various categories on Sky Poker.

:)
  • edited January 2010
    Well done all, ty Rich
  • edited January 2010
    Very Well done to the 3 picks selected last night, Gliterbabe I have played with on many occasions, hes a great player. Have not come across the other 2, but best of luck to all three of you.
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats all 3. Glitterbabe i had the pleasure of playing the other day and Pryce6 and YippeeYappee well done!  Ive not played either of u but look forward to in the bankroll challenge!
  • edited January 2010
    Congrats all 3. Glitterbabe i had the pleasure of playing the other day and Pryce6 and YippeeYappee well done!  Ive not played either of u but look forward to in the bankroll challenge!
    Posted by phil12uk
    YippeeYappee's pseudonym is "Hyperaggro"! Should be fun to watch.
  • edited January 2010
    Missed the show last night because I was in Newcastle. But well done to all 3 selections. I know Gliterbabe is an excellent choice having met many times in tournys and I am sure that Pryce and Yipee are equally deserving. Good luck all three, I hope you are looking forward to it as much as I am !
  • edited January 2010
    WD to the latest 3 picks, Glitertbabe iv played, spoken to and fought mafia wars battles with many a time. Top bloke, good luck and well done to your hairy bot for doing well in Newcastle
  • edited January 2010
    Pryce6
    Gliterbabe
    YipeeYapee
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I think this is the most inspired mix so far.
    You have three completely different players: one who loves action, one who has infinite patience and one who is overly-aggressive (in my opinion, of course).

What's good about this group is that they will all learn off each other, as well as learning from their mentor. They'll make a good team.
  • edited January 2010
    wat can i say. glitterbabe top top guy this man is a gent and a very nice guy to have in ur company and the other half hairybot a very nice lady.gl  wayne in this and to u all.del
  • edited January 2010

VWD to the three guys that got picked this week.

Glitter's obviously got Skypoker written right down the middle of him (and lots of my money in his account!!).
    Not played the other two, but some nice hands on the show, both from them, and some of the players who missed out.

Was a bit surprised Sparce didn't make it, as he is a top player, but I obv don't know what info Ed was working with to make his choices.

• edited January 2010
    Welldone guys! Espesh Glitter you good old nit :). I have to say there were two players in the list that weren't chosen which I was pretty suprised about. I've obviously never played with Yippeeyappe or Pryce6 but there were 3 players in the list that didn't get in that I thought had a more than a good enough chance to make it in. But like Jakally says we don't know what criteria Ed was looking for in his choices.
  • edited January 2010
    I've just loaded a video interview that tikay did with Dan at Newcastle yesterday onto the official Total Player blog (link below).  I will be adding an interview with Glitterbabe later today / tomorrow.

Total Player - DANTB10 Interview
  • edited January 2010
    Bet you couldnt tell im from yorkshire!!

God my accent is bad!lol

Well done and goodluck to the 3 picks from saturday, had the pleasure of meeting some of the total player picks on saturday, all very nice people who know their stuff!
  • edited January 2010
    Bet you couldnt tell im from yorkshire!! God my accent is bad!lol Well done and goodluck to the 3 picks from saturday, had the pleasure of meeting some of the total player picks on saturday, all very nice people who know their stuff!
    Posted by dantb10
    Tha,s nowt wrong with thee accent m8
  • edited January 2010
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Tha,s nowt wrong with thee accent m8
    Posted by acebarry10
    Can you say that again please.....I was listening in scouse.....
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : Sorry man - I answered the question fully - I don't duck questions, you should know that by now! (Unless they are rude, & yours most certainly was not). I honestly don't know more than I told you. Just play your a-game, get in the top 50, & nature will take care of the rest. Matt reads the Thread anyway, so he'll see your Post. But really, I'd strongly advise against, in effect, favouring one Mentor. Three Mentors are better than one, it's like shoving with AK - give yourself more ways of winning. I'll be answering the other stuff that arose on Saturday night & Sunday as soon as I can, now the "storm" has passed. We don't mind any questions, & will answer them all, but when they are gratitiously insulting & extremely rude, as one or two were, I won't respond. I'll get on to them as soon as I can. Meanwhile, good luck Do(hx7) & everyone else.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ALWAYS lurking... :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TOTAL PLAYER THREAD : ALWAYS lurking... :)
    Posted by MBroughton
    STALKER ALERT lololololol
  • edited January 2010
    Ok, this is starting to heat up. Can't wait to pick my next 3 and get this thing in full gear.

• edited January 2010
    Hi Guys and Gals,  many many thanks for all your kind words. I'm extremely excited about being picked this week for Total player. It's a great promotion and will offer 1 lucky person the opportunity of a lifetime, one of which i'll be trying to  grab with both hands and try my very best.  There have been some great picks so far and the competition for this prize will be extremely difficult but I wish everyone the very best of luck...

I've had the pleasure of meeting many of these players live, a great bunch of people and great players too. A great credit to skypoker.

Once again thanks and good luck to everyone involved...

GB

P.S I think Jakally has loads of my money in his account!!!!! MAYBE
  • edited January 2010

To my chagrin, I missed doing Saturday's "Total Player", though I did the phone-ins from Newcastle. 4 of the previous Mentor Picks were present at the Newcastle SPT - Cottlad, Dantb10, Nutter5932, & Penguin7. In addition, rather pleasingly, one guy who was to be one of this week's Mentor Picks was also there - Gliterbabe.

It was all rather fun, Gliterbabe - Wayne - was railing "HairyBot" - Helen - who had made the Final, & was getting texts from friends watching the Live Show telling him how his "review" as going. Then he got the text "congrats!" - which confirmed he was in. A few minutes after 11pm, when the Show finished, Sky-Ling rung me to tell me who the three picks were, & yes, it included Wayne. So we were able to film an interview with him within minutes. That will be on the Site this evening, I believe.

The "Total Player" buzz in Newcastle at the SPt was something special, too. Those boys want to win it, big time.
  • edited January 2010

So, two-thirds of the way through Phase 1, here are the Delighted Dozen. It's a splendidly eclectic mix, too, in every way. Good Luck to every one of them.

boylebag

cottlad

dantb10

gliterbabe

jakally

nutter5932

penguin7

phil12uk

pokerbcity

pryce6

sharksbite

yippeeyappee