You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can a chicken go pro?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    ok, so I'm back...by popular demand (ha!)

As I mentioned yesterday, I have been dabbling with cash games to keep my number of tables up between 9 and 12 - often with MTTs it drops below 9 and I feel that I miss out on some value. I've never really been a winner at cash online - probably about break even. I think in the last 3 months or so though, since I last had a go at it, my game has come on quite alot - so its time for another bash. I played mostly 3 tables of NL50 between 8pm and 11pm, and I must have run pretty well, pretty pretty well, cos I finished £250-£300 in profit. mostly from one master cash table, which I stood up from with £350 in front of me!

most of the money came from 2 hands

1: I 3bet with AcJc on the button vs a LAG, who 4bet me. He had been very agro recently, so I took a non standard line and flatted thinking I still had pretty decent equity vs his 4bet range the way he has been playing...AJ doesnt do well in a 4bet pot normally so you'd probably want to bin it or 5bet bluff most of the time, but vs this opponent, i didnt mind calling. the flop was KJdxd, and I called a 1/2 pot cbet. Turn was another K - probably the best card in the deck for me other than a J or A. the villains turn bet was interesting, it was about 1/3 pot. it left him with  a 2/3 pot river shove if he wanted it, and it looked like thats what he was setting up for. his range was either crushing me (QQ+, AK), or I was crushing him (FDs, SDs and air), so I flatted again with the intention of calling most rivers too. river was a blank and I called his shove. he had 89 for complete air and I added £100 to my stack.

2: I open UTG with QQ, and the BB 3bets. I decide to flat - his range is already pretty strong and 4betting will only make it stronger or fold out his hands I dominate. The board is 58887 and I basically call a bet on all 3 streets. I could have shoved the river, but it would have been a bit thin. villan had TT. another £60 added to my stack.

tourney highlights:

7:30 £22 deepstack. First tourney of the night - only went and binked it! £312. Thankyou very much! I seem to do pretty well in this tourney for some reason. HU went pretty well - I started offas a 3/1 chip underdog but picked up few small pots before winning a flip to take the lead. In the final hand they 3bet shoved KQ into my KK and I held. Nice to get a win under the belt after a few 2nd places in a row

main event: was out within half an hour or so! ran a set of 3's into a set of 5's AI on the flop to lose over 1/2 of my stack after building it up a bit. After that I was on a mission to rebuild. Played pretty agro and it was working for a while and I was starting to get a few chips back, but I soon bluffed my A high into 2 pair and was out.

big (9pm £55) BH: Cant remember the hand, but somehow I managed to get down to 5bb after losing an AI preflop. It doesnt stand out so it must have been pretty standard whatever happened. I managed to spin my stack up again to about 20bb after some well timed shoves, but it wasnt to be and I busted mid pack somewhere.

speed £55 bh: still my bogey tourney. cant seem to crack it. very frustrating, but I'll keep bashing away at it!

£22bh @ 10:15: steady progress throughout and I seemed to go on a massive heater from 2 tables left until the end. To give you an idea of the extent of the heater - I knocked 4 of the 5 other players out on the final table. it was rediculous, to the point where I was raising every single hand pretty much - and still getting folds because everyone was scared I had it every time. The penultimate hand I knocked out 3rd place after opening 89 on the button. they have 78 and the flop is 889. ha! the rungood continues! the very next hand, and the last hand of the tournament i raise a limp with 99 from the bb, and the flop comes K98!. I cbet and the villain shoves for like 45bb lol. I obv snap him off and he has 67 for an open ender. of course the turn pairs the board and he is drawing dead. gg. Its nice when it all goes to plan!

I also managed to win a seat to UKOPS1 via a £24 sat to finish just over £700 in profit for the day! I felt in the zone all night, and I ran pretty well - Wish poker could be like this all the time! on another positive note, I got to HU 3 times tonight and won all 3. woop! not bad for me!
  • edited December 2013
    something else I forgot to mention: I had dropped back down to 6th in the SS MTT profit leaderboard for the year, getting overtaken by Stayorgo (my arch nemesis/ mate). but I took back MY gold star with last nights results and put a healthy $600 gap between us.

here is the link if you are interested (I dont think you need a subscription to view, and it doesnt use one of your searches, I dont tihnk): http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2013/Scheduled by Network/Sky?rankingstatistic=Profit

I think that must be the 4th or 5th time we have swapped positions in the last few weeks - should make for an interesting final 10 days to the year. Ideally I'd like to get to 3rd, but madeye is a beast, and he already has a sizable lead. Failing that, any gold star (top 5) as long as its ahead of stayorgo will do me. I've only really been playing 9 out of the avaiable 12 months this year, so Next year I would love to be challenging tommyD and Mattbates for the top spots, although that might be asking a bit much!
  • edited December 2013
    Congrats on a successful night!  If you can get enough volume in I see no reason why you cannot be challenging up there with the likes of TommyD and MattBates.  I'm glad you're back, blogging, as it's always a good read.
  • edited December 2013
    as we are in the last 10 days of the year, I'll update you on my targets

play 500 tourneys per month (1000 total): 
    Nov: 632
    Dec: 268
    TOTAL: 900

priority
    Nov: 11k+ points - Yes
    Dec: 7800 so far - probably

Profit - target £1.5k per month (£3k in total)
    Nov: 
    MTT: £560
    Reward points: £230
    Dec:
    MTT: £2500
    Cash: £300
    Rewards: ?

TOTAL: £3420

Those profits include a £1.1k UKPC seat, so ideally I'd like to be at £4.1k+ in profit, because I can't pay for bills with a tourney seat. Rewards points will probably be around £250, so that leaves another £250 or so to make in the next 10 days.

I've kind of abandoned my SNG efforts on the other site - I was doing very well at them, but I just find them a bit boring, and even if your a SNG guru, your never really gonna be minted from them. (HU is the exception maybe) Cash on Sky is my new 2nd interest.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken go pro?:
    something else I forgot to mention: I had dropped back down to 6th in the SS MTT profit leaderboard for the year, getting overtaken by Stayorgo (my arch nemesis/ mate). but I took back MY gold star with last nights results and put a healthy $600 gap between us. here is the link if you are interested (I dont think you need a subscription to view, and it doesnt use one of your searches, I dont tihnk):  http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2013/Scheduled by Network/Sky?rankingstatistic=Profit I think that must be the 4th or 5th time we have swapped positions in the last few weeks - should make for an interesting final 10 days to the year. Ideally I'd like to get to 3rd, but madeye is a beast, and he already has a sizable lead. Failing that, any gold star (top 5) as long as its ahead of stayorgo will do me. I've only really been playing 9 out of the avaiable 12 months this year, so Next year I would love to be challenging tommyD and Mattbates for the top spots, although that might be asking a bit much!
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Think we might have flip-flopped again mate! I'm sure it will go to the wire, I will enjoy the challenge. Xmas UKOPS should decide it. Cheers Graham (STAYORGO)
  • edited May 2014
    not done a post since last yr, so I thought I would bring you up to speed...

December - I failed in my bid for a top 5 leaderboard spot - I had a bad UKOPS and ended up 7th I think.

January - another decent month. highlight was winning (another) UKPC seat, bringing my total to 3! a hard months grind, brought about satisfactory profits from 526 games. ~£2k profit

Feb - horrible month, couldnt win a thing, and had only my second losing month in a yr on sky. -£750 or so :(

My baby boy was born in Feb, so that kinda took my mind off a horrible poker month - he was 4 weeks early! I had just gone out for my last proper night out, y'know, so I'm able to drive to the hospital if needed etc... got a phone call literally just as I ordered a beer and sat down in a curry restaurant. bad timing, but can't complain, being a dad is fun :)

March - decided to look for a coach, my game was/is getting stagnant and I dont have the ability so spot and fix my own leaks. I'm making either obvious mistakes, the kind where you are kicking yourself even before the chips reach the middle, or I'm missing spots I havent thought about before. another big 500 game grind brings ~£1k profit. ok, but not enough.

April - finally found and stumped up the money for a coach. best decision ever. Only had a few sessions so far, but the small tweaks to my game are already providing big results. After binking a £55 UKOPS side for £1.4k, i decided to take a shot grinding some higher stakes tourneys (on another site obv, 888) and deposited $1k on the other site. Playing on another site can take some getting used to becasue structures are different and people do play slightly differently too, anyway, I was down to about $450 a few days later. In true shot taking spirit, i decided to blow the whole lot on a sunday grind, including entry into their $215 sunday major. 14 hours later, I'm on the final table of the major (just as well it was a bank holiday!) and playing for a $30k 1st prize! it wasnt to be though, and ended up busting 3rd after losing 2 big hands - one where I felt forced to fold top 2 vs a river shove after betting all 3 streets - they just HAD to have "it", then lost the rest of my chips in a flip with AK vs 99. $11.5k aint bad thought I spose :D

since then I have been grinding both Sky and 888, and over the last week I have pretty much just managed to tread water - quite a few near misses on both sites though. including a 9th place finish in the primo last week after being 1/9 about 10 mins previously (and biiig chip leader too), and another massive spew 3 handed in a $109 on 888 - It seems i still have a tendancy to spew pretty hard at times - my coach has alot of work to do getting that under control lol. still, I'd rather be a spewtard than a nit, much more fun! I'm still not even on the (sharkscope) leaderboard at all for sky this year, so I'll be looking to change that in the next month or 2!

Its fair to say April has been a brilliant month for me - £1100 UKIPT seat, $11.5k mega deep 3rd, £1.4k UKOPS side win, $2400 for 2nd in a $55 are the highlights, which all add up to my 1st ever £10k month - just in time for going pro!

whats next:

May: May is a big month for me - UKIPT, moving house, handing in my notice. its all happening! I've been waiting on my house move to go through for what seems like for ever so I can hand in my notice at work and finally give poker a good go. I'll still be able to do some "proper" work on the side to keep money flowing if poker doesn't go well, but i'd rather not to be quite frank, it bores me.

I'll be continuing to grind both sites next month, every night on SKY i'll be playing the main, mini, UKPC Semi, £55bh, $55 speed BH, and a few others depending on tables. I'm so glad the UKPC Sats are back - I love them :)

fwiw, I agree with Hydff...'s suggestion that UKPC and SPTs can join hands and be one eventually (SPT's being included in the UKPC schedule + maybe a few other stops), I'm just not sure If I can ever see sky putting on sattelites for a £100/£200 tourney when they are trying to get bums on seats for a £1100 tourney. IMO, its a different market though. Another thing that confuses me anbout the UKPC sats, if sky want bums on seats so bad for the UKPC, why are they giving people who already qualify the cash? surely they should make any winnings from the sats tournament tokens for the UKPC only once you already have a seat into the main. not that it bothers me, I grind them for the money, so I'm happy for it not to change lol.
  • edited April 2014
    So it turns out a Chicken can go pro!!

Congratulations on the birth of your son. Is this your first child? Having kids is a lot more expensive than just having you and the wife, but I am sure you have realised this, or will do soon! Seem to get more expensive the older they get.

What happens with the coaching, is it a case of the coach watching and talking through as you play or go through hand histories?

Are you still going to get away with going to Vegas with having a 3/4 month old baby? Couldn't see me getting that past my wife.

Good luck with going Pro.
  • edited April 2014
    Good to see this thread resurrected!

Some pretty sweet binks, 11.5k ain't half bad ;) Did I make that suggestion in Jac's 'Ramblings of an old man'? TBH I'm usually half cut when I post on the forum! But yeah, from an outsiders perspective you'd think an SPT (albeit perhaps reduced) schedule could go hand in hand with the twice yearly UKPC.

Good luck in your future endeavours.
  • edited April 2014
    Nice to see another post, did wonder where you were..grinding I assumed! .  Congrats on son BTW,   Puts a different perspective on life dont'ya think? Does he have a name yet? Cheese maybe? CheeseMelt.. gettit?   Sigh...   ;-)     Anyhoo good luck..
  • edited April 2014
    Great post, nice win on the other site as well. Tried to play a few more mtts lately by getting in via sats seem to have ended up with you to my left on a few occasions which is always a pain lol noticed you had a big stack in the primo i ran deep in that as well ended up 5th, fully expected you to take it down when is saw you were chip leader with 10 left. Hopefully bump into you on a final table soon!, good luck with the move/ playing poker for a living keep up the diary when you can always a good read.
  • edited May 2014
    Gregster - cheers! yep, first child. One good thing about being a bum (poker player) is that you dont have to pay for childcare, so costs are pretty manageable. + he has loads of reletives that seem to love buying clothes for him etc, a couple of older cousins for handme downs etc. we basically just have to pay for milk/food/ nappies at the moment. I cant imagine a better environment for him tbh - both parents at home, loads of other family around. 

for my coaching i paid a lump sum up front for unlimited coaching for the rest of the yr... and basically he is my poker slave ha - anything i want him to help me work on he will, in which ever way suits it best. So for the first couple of sessions we went through a tournament HH of mine to "see where I was". He pointed out spots I was missing, and things I was doing wrong. next session (tonight) is going thruogh one of his HH's where he basically shows off his poker skills and explains his thinking. After that we go through another one of my HHs to see if I have picked up what we have been working on and to figure out some other weaknesses. He also rails me alot, we chat on skype - i send him hands to comment on, he sends me hands to try and explain, he was on the phone to me during breaks on the FT of the sunday major talking through hands and giving advice... pretty amazing that such a top player is so generous with his time like that.

vegas: yeah, i actualy would have gotten a pass - it is work after all :P  ...but alas, the house move delays means i wont have finished work yet and I dont have enough leave :( probably for the best, becasue I can keep the money aside "just in case"

• edited May 2014
    Good to see this thread resurrected! Some pretty sweet binks, 11.5k ain't half bad ;) Did I make that suggestion in Jac's 'Ramblings of an old man'? TBH I'm usually half cut when I post on the forum! But yeah, from an outsiders perspective you'd think an SPT (albeit perhaps reduced) schedule could go hand in hand with the twice yearly UKPC. Good luck in your future endeavours.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    ha, yes u did... u mean i could have taken credit and you wouldnt have realise - noted :)

cheers hhy
  • edited May 2014
    Nice to see another post, did wonder where you were..grinding I assumed! .  Congrats on son BTW,   Puts a different perspective on life dont'ya think? Does he have a name yet? Cheese maybe? CheeseMelt.. gettit?   Sigh...   ;-)     Anyhoo good luck..
    Posted by Glenelg
    sigh

might keep that name for the next one yeh 

:D
  • edited May 2014
    Great post, nice win on the other site as well. Tried to play a few more mtts lately by getting in via sats seem to have ended up with you to my left on a few occasions which is always a pain lol noticed you had a big stack in the primo i ran deep in that as well ended up 5th, fully expected you to take it down when is saw you were chip leader with 10 left. Hopefully bump into you on a final table soon!, good luck with the move/ playing poker for a living keep up the diary when you can always a good read.
    Posted by benc

thanks benc

words can't even describe how bad i played for those 10 mins in the primo - I should have cruised to the FT. 

• edited May 2014
    Finished April with a wimper - breaking even in the last week, mostly because i get a bit too aggressive/take to many marginal spots later on in tourneys. pretty happy with how I'm playing ther rest of the time though.

at the end of my last session I had a 2hrs of coaching... from 1am to 3am... only in a poker players mind would that seem acceptable lol. We went through the start of a HH of his for a major win he had. some of the lines he took both suprised me and opened my eyes to the possibilites I have been missing by not "ranging" my opponents well enough. 

it was all still fresh in my mind for the grind last night, and it allowed me to hero an overbet with 4rd pair, a spot I would definately have folded in the past...

[01/05/2014 19:30:49] Andy Young: #Game No : 421545484
    ***** Cassava Hand History for Game 421545484 *****
    $15/$30 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 
    Tournament #57830590 $100 + $9 - Table #1 (Real Money)
    Seat 7 is the button
    Total number of players : 5
    Seat 1: RSvehla ( $4,580 )
    Seat 2: chickenmelt ( $11,910 )
    Seat 4: jim.franco ( $4,882 )
    Seat 6: jancsi89 ( $4,730 )
    Seat 7: GingerNitFan ( $4,770 )
    RSvehla posts small blind [$15]
    chickenmelt posts big blind [$30]
    ** Dealing down cards **
    Dealt to chickenmelt [ 6d, 6c ]
    jim.franco folds
    jancsi89 folds
    GingerNitFan raises [$60]
    RSvehla calls [$45]
    chickenmelt calls [$30]
    ** Dealing flop ** [ 4h, 4d, 7s ]
    RSvehla checks
    chickenmelt checks
    GingerNitFan bets [$90]
    RSvehla folds
    chickenmelt calls [$90]
    ** Dealing turn ** [ Ks ]
    chickenmelt checks
    GingerNitFan bets [$180]
    chickenmelt calls [$180]
    ** Dealing river ** [ Qh ]
    chickenmelt checks
    GingerNitFan bets [$1,555]
    chickenmelt calls [$1,555]
    ** Summary **
    GingerNitFan shows [ 3d, Ah ]
    chickenmelt shows [ 6d, 6c ]
    chickenmelt collected [ $3,830 ]

-----
    so my thoughts as the hand progressed:

preflop: pretty simple call
    flop: I'm good alot of the time, CR folds out bluffs and mostly only better hands call, so I flat.
    Turn: is a bad card obv, hits the villains range pretty well, but it also a brilliant card to keep barelling. so I call and plan to reassess the river
    river: the overbet was a suprise - my range basically never includes a K or Q, and is almost always a PP or a 7 with the line I have taken. If he did have a K or Q, surely he would be betting smaller to try and get a call from my 7 or PP. Instead he overbet, which just seemed like an obvious attempt to win the pot from a capped range. I probably fold to another half pot bet, but called the overbet lol. got some abuse in the chatbox after that hehe.

good night overall, nothing massive though. 3 FT's: 1 on sky from a £22 BH which i won, 6th in the $109 6max (where the hand is from above), and 2nd in a $24 $5k gtd.

was dissapointed with a bit of a spew in the main on sky though

• edited May 2014
    Finished April with a wimper - breaking even in the last week, mostly because i get a bit too aggressive/take to many marginal spots later on in tourneys. pretty happy with how I'm playing ther rest of the time though. at the end of my last session I had a 2hrs of coaching... from 1am to 3am... only in a poker players mind would that seem acceptable lol. We went through the start of a HH of his for a major win he had. some of the lines he took both suprised me and opened my eyes to the possibilites I have been missing by not "ranging" my opponents well enough.  it was all still fresh in my mind for the grind last night, and it allowed me to hero an overbet with 4rd pair, a spot I would definately have folded in the past... [01/05/2014 19:30:49] Andy Young: #Game No : 421545484 ***** Cassava Hand History for Game 421545484 ***** $15/$30 Blinds No Limit Holdem - ***  Tournament #57830590 $100 + $9 - Table #1 (Real Money) Seat 7 is the button Total number of players : 5 Seat 1: RSvehla ( $4,580 ) Seat 2: chickenmelt ( $11,910 ) Seat 4: jim.franco ( $4,882 ) Seat 6: jancsi89 ( $4,730 ) Seat 7: GingerNitFan ( $4,770 ) RSvehla posts small blind [$15] chickenmelt posts big blind [$30] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to chickenmelt [ 6d, 6c ] jim.franco folds jancsi89 folds GingerNitFan raises [$60] RSvehla calls [$45] chickenmelt calls [$30] ** Dealing flop ** [ 4h, 4d, 7s ] RSvehla checks chickenmelt checks GingerNitFan bets [$90] RSvehla folds chickenmelt calls [$90] ** Dealing turn ** [ Ks ] chickenmelt checks GingerNitFan bets [$180] chickenmelt calls [$180] ** Dealing river ** [ Qh ] chickenmelt checks GingerNitFan bets [$1,555] chickenmelt calls [$1,555] ** Summary ** GingerNitFan shows [ 3d, Ah ] chickenmelt shows [ 6d, 6c ] chickenmelt collected [ $3,830 ] ----- so my thoughts as the hand progressed: preflop: pretty simple call flop: I'm good alot of the time, CR folds out bluffs and mostly only better hands call, so I flat. Turn: is a bad card obv, hits the villains range pretty well, but it also a brilliant card to keep barelling. so I call and plan to reassess the river river: the overbet was a suprise - my range basically never includes a K or Q, and is almost always a PP or a 7 with the line I have taken. If he did have a K or Q, surely he would be betting smaller to try and get a call from my 7 or PP. Instead he overbet, which just seemed like an obvious attempt to win the pot from a capped range. I probably fold to another half pot bet, but called the overbet lol. got some abuse in the chatbox after that hehe. good night overall, nothing massive though. 3 FT's: 1 on sky from a £22 BH which i won, 6th in the $109 6max (where the hand is from above), and 2nd in a $24 $5k gtd. was dissapointed with a bit of a spew in the main on sky though
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Sick
  • edited May 2014
    Does the triple fat lady tag at the side of your name mean you are now sponsored by them? If so congratulations and onwards and upwards mate. Also congrats on the little one mate hope all is well with him and your better half.

Ray
  • edited May 2014
    Exciting stuff MrMelt. I wish you the best of luck with it all.

By the way. Have you found an optimal way of bottle feeding when playing 7 tables yet?
  • edited May 2014
    a00rock - no not sponsored by them, or anyone - wbn tho! yeh, all is good, will be even better when i get to spend more time with them!

jac - cheers m8. i have as it goes - baby and bottle in one arm, mouse in the other lol. no problem if he isn't brizzling too much. the other half tends to do most of it when i'm playing though thankfully.

---------------

time for another update...

I had a couple of nights off friday and saturday - out with mates on fri then family on sat night. I went to Bodeans restaurant in london on saturday. If you have never been, i'd recommend it. Its an american BBQ restaurant, which sounds pretty average, but i can tell you, you wont get any better meat anywhere. we got some platters to share - pork ribs, beef ribs, sausages, chicken thighs, burnt ends, pulled pork...and thats for 2 to share lol. After stuffing our faces with far too much meat went to a bavarian beer house just round the corner, which I'd also highly recommend doing, their beer is soo much better than ours!

was a biig sunday - entered about £2.5k worth of tourneys! gulp.

couple of SCOOPs M and L buy ins ($215 and $27) on stars + a few others, all the big ones on 888 and sky.

i got off to a horrid start to the session, wasnt running or playing particularly well :( - busted the 6max scoops on stars, $500 whale and $215 mega deep on 888 without really even getting going. was looking like an expensive day!

mid session i managed to lock up a UKPC seat though, which kinda eased the pressure a bit - couldnt be a complete disaster anymore.

shortly after the UKPC seat, i managed to get to the FT of a (small field) $109 on 888 as chip leader. ended up pretty much busting to 2nd in chips with 7 left when my KK couldnt hold vs AK and cashed for a bowl.

pretty much everything else fizzled out without much to show for it, except the SCOOP M ($215 sunday million special edition), which i was 1 tabling from about 1am until 4:30am. I had some really good tables and managed to chip up to 400k chips, good for a top 10 stack with 1000 or so left from 9000. sadly though it wasnt to be - my AA was cracked by AK AIPF for a monster 600k pot, enough to put be back in the top 10 with <400 left. then like 2 hands later I ran my QQ into KK for my last 100k. sigh. if only.

by my rough calculations, i did manage to eek a small profit from the day (+$500 on stars, -$1200 on 888, +£500 on sky). I'd have been please with that a couple of hours in, but my exit from the million and $109 is a bit tilting still. 

up in a few hours to take the wee one swimming.

• edited May 2014
    OOOOps I looked it up (my bad lol) the 888 just means you are playing on an older version of their software but fingers crossed for you CM im sure it wont be long before you are snapped up by one site or another with your game man ...gl.
  • edited May 2014
    Just wondered, do chickens not need much sleep?!?!

New baby, still working and up all night playing cards. Don't know how you do it.
  • edited May 2014
    a00rock - thanks. pretty hard to geta sponsorship deal nowadays, and there are definately alot of ppl that are far more qualified than me for it! one day maybe, obv that would be amazing.

Gregster - chickens can sleep when they die. not normally up past 2 or 3 am tbf, then get up around 8am weekdays and lie in a bit on weekends to catch up. I do get very tired sometimes though...

--------

another update:

tonight i was knackered. started the session badly cos i really felt like i couldnt be @rsed. Obv i only decided that after I had started and had to plough on, although i did unreg a couple of later ones.

pretty much bricked everything on 888 again - played pretty bad again, played like 3 on stars including the badugi Scoop lol.was quite fun actually, and i managed a min cash. pretty sure its just cos no one had a clue and I played tiiiight.

bricked most stuff on sky too, except the main, which I won for £1.9k! :D I did run like god from 3 tables onwards though, so it wasn't all skill. knocked out every single person on the FT to take 15 bounties (including mine) totaling around £600 lol.

decent start to the month already :)

--------

took the little one swimming this morning then proceeded to spend a decent chunk of last months winnings on new flooring (for the whole house! - carpet upstairs and wood downstairs), and a new sofa for the new house.

had another coaching session, which has just finished too.

appologies for the monotone writing style today, brain is pretty fried now - need some sleep!

----edit----
    hmmm - just noticed: according to SS my average ROI from 17 MTTs, not including sats is 324%! enough for 1st by a decent margin in the BEST promo.

SkyPoker
    05/01/2014-05/06/2014
    £98.22
    £35.29
    324%
    £1,670
    x

guess I'll be avoiding MTTs for a while to see what developes
  • edited May 2014
    very impressive roi buddy vwp

edited my post cause I totally read the promo page wrong :)
  • edited May 2014

Well done Melty.

As to the ROI for the Promo, I'm NOT the authority or official voice on these things, but Sky Justin (who is) Posted this on the "Best of the Best" thread.....

"Hello,

Satellites will not be included in this promotion and this has been stated on the promo page:

Best of the Best Details:
    - Only tournaments with a minimum buy-in of £5.50 and that were played between 1st - 31st May 2014 will count towards this promotion.
    - All tournament types are included except for satellites, freerolls and timed tournaments.

Cheers and good luck,
    Justin"
  • edited May 2014
    Well done Melty. As to the ROI for the Promo, I'm NOT the authority or official voice on these things, but Sky Justin (who is) Posted this on the "Best of the Best" thread..... "Hello, Satellites will not be included in this promotion and this has been stated on the promo page: Best of the Best Details: - Only tournaments with a minimum buy-in of £5.50 and that were played between 1 st - 31 st May 2014 will count towards this promotion. - All tournament types are included except for satellites, freerolls and timed tournaments. Cheers and good luck, Justin"
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tyvm tk, and lamboi

That's SS search excludes Sats btw :)

It is possible that I satted into 1 or 2 of them (and so they won't count), but I definately didn't sat into the main last night which is the important thing.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken go pro? : Tyvm tk, and lamboi That's SS search excludes Sats btw :) It is possible that I satted into 1 or 2 of them (and so they won't count), but I definately didn't sat into the main last night which is the important thing.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    I am sure it counts as if you bought in direct so all will count just your promo ROI will be worse than your actual one. Nice bink last night sir!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken go pro? : I am sure it counts as if you bought in direct so all will count just your promo ROI will be worse than your actual one. Nice bink last night sir!
    Posted by MattBates
    cheers matt

i read somewhere else in the forum (posted by one of the sky team) that if you sat into a tourney it wont count -strange i know. The reason they gave was that on their system the buy in appeared as 0 when you satted in, so they havent included those in their calculations.

pretty sure something could be done to include them properly, but whatever, doesn't bother me.

was pretty close to getting you and marc a decent score on Sunday (matt and marc had 20% of my sunday million) - shame I can't run like you ;)
  • edited May 2014

Congrats on your Main Event bink last night! 

Every time yourself (or another MTT 'pro') are on my table, I am always being put in tough spots.....often for my tourney life. There are other players I cannot win a flip against for toffee but others, like yourself, whose game I do respect and often fold a big hand to. Which comes to that hand last night......

I have looked for it in HH but can not find it or the history does not go back that far (?). I think I flopped TPTK and barrelled flop, turn and bet a scary river which brought the straight draw/flush in. You basically put me all in and I folded. Is this a leak?.....was it a good fold?. If you dont want to give your secrets away on here.....pm me :)

Once again....well done last night. Pity you have to give some away to Matt Bates who had a stake in you........oh!, lol.
  • edited May 2014
    Congrats on your Main Event bink last night!  Every time yourself (or another MTT 'pro') are on my table, I am always being put in tough spots.....often for my tourney life. There are other players I cannot win a flip against for toffee but others, like yourself, whose game I do respect and often fold a big hand to. Which comes to that hand last night...... I have looked for it in HH but can not find it or the history does not go back that far (?). I think I flopped TPTK and barrelled flop, turn and bet a scary river which brought the straight draw/flush in. You basically put me all in and I folded. Is this a leak?.....was it a good fold?. If you dont want to give your secrets away on here.....pm me :) Once again....well done last night. Pity you have to give some away to Matt Bates who had a stake in you........oh!, lol.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    That's the whole thing though, Alan, thats what these lads do - they PRESSURISE us on certain boards, & we fold.

Now, I must tell you a little story now, because I've had it up to here with being pushed around by these sorts like Melty & Shortie Bates, & I'm not having any more of it.

So, on Friday, & with some business to discuss with Rob Yong @ DTD, I played their £250 thing, in which we got 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND) starting chips & a decent clock, albeit 50,000 @ 100-200 is not that much different to 10,000 @ 25-50.

Anyway, I determined I would NOT be pushed around by ANYONE, & I stood my ground, refused to yield, stuck it in their eye good & proper. I even won the first hand against Rupinder Bedi, a 10k pot & so effectively started with 60,000.

And it REALLY worked.

PS - It began at 7pm, & after a 3 hour drive, I was back home indoors by 10.30pm. Maybe needs a bit of fine tuning.     
  • edited May 2014

for maxally...

Hand History #774611816 (20:02 05/05/2014)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mightypu06 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00
    chicknMelt Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

Goldtia Fold     
    druidfluid Fold     
    blankyboy Fold     
    MAXALLY Raise  70.00 100.00 1930.00
    mightypu06 Fold     
    chicknMelt Call  50.00 150.00 1930.00
    Flop

• J
    • A

chicknMelt Check     
    MAXALLY Bet  180.00 330.00 1750.00
    chicknMelt Call  180.00 510.00 1750.00
    Turn

• Q

chicknMelt Check     
    MAXALLY Bet  200.00 710.00 1550.00
    chicknMelt Raise  560.00 1270.00 1190.00
    MAXALLY Call  360.00 1630.00 1190.00
    River

chicknMelt All-in  1190.00 2820.00 0.00
    MAXALLY Fold     
    chicknMelt Muck     
    chicknMelt Win  1630.00  1630.00
    chicknMelt Return  1190.00 0.00 2820.00

preflop: I actually think your 3.5x pre is a tell. I might be wrong, but I dont think that is your normal raise size. right from the off, I put you on a big hand, hence the flat with AQ - didnt want to get into a raising war this early with it.

Flop: I cant fold AQ here obv, flat to keep in bluffs and worse aces, worse pairs etc

Turn: obviously a sexy card for me. I lose to very little now considering my read on your open (only JJ, AA and QQ, but i have blockers to AA and QQ). so I go for a CR, hoping to get the money in vs AK/AJ etc. I think QQ, JJ and AA shove here because of the board texture, so I rule them out.

river: not the best card, but only because it might kill my action - u were v.unlikely to have the flush. I still think you most likely have AK, AJ. I think you will be checking behind with alot, but could still call a bet. shoving looks more bluffy cosidering my rep so i went for a shove. In hindsight, because it was so early, and its a very bad card for your range, I like a smaller bet that you can call and still have some sort of stack left, around the 500 mark.