You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can a chicken go pro?

167891012»

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken go pro?:
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken go pro? : That's the whole thing though, Alan, thats what these lads do - they PRESSURISE us on certain boards, & we fold. Now, I must tell you a little story now, because I've had it up to here with being pushed around by these sorts like Melty & Shortie Bates, & I'm not having any more of it.   So, on Friday, & with some business to discuss with Rob Yong @ DTD, I played their £250 thing, in which we got 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND) starting chips & a decent clock, albeit 50,000 @ 100-200 is not that much different to 10,000 @ 25-50.   Anyway, I determined I would NOT be pushed around by ANYONE, & I stood my ground, refused to yield, stuck it in their eye good & proper. I even won the first hand against Rupinder Bedi, a 10k pot & so effectively started with 60,000.   And it REALLY worked.   PS - It began at 7pm, & after a 3 hour drive, I was back home indoors by 10.30pm. Maybe needs a bit of fine tuning.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol, love it.
  • edited May 2014
    for maxally... Hand History #774611816 (20:02 05/05/2014) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance mightypu06 Small blind   10.00 10.00 1990.00 chicknMelt Big blind   20.00 30.00 1980.00   Your hole cards A Q       Goldtia Fold         druidfluid Fold         blankyboy Fold         MAXALLY Raise   70.00 100.00 1930.00 mightypu06 Fold         chicknMelt Call   50.00 150.00 1930.00 Flop     J 9 A       chicknMelt Check         MAXALLY Bet   180.00 330.00 1750.00 chicknMelt Call   180.00 510.00 1750.00 Turn     Q       chicknMelt Check         MAXALLY Bet   200.00 710.00 1550.00 chicknMelt Raise   560.00 1270.00 1190.00 MAXALLY Call   360.00 1630.00 1190.00 River     4       chicknMelt All-in   1190.00 2820.00 0.00 MAXALLY Fold         chicknMelt Muck         chicknMelt Win   1630.00   1630.00 chicknMelt Return   1190.00 0.00 2820.00 preflop: I actually think your 3.5x pre is a tell. I might be wrong, but I dont think that is your normal raise size. right from the off, I put you on a big hand, hence the flat with AQ - didnt want to get into a raising war this early with it. Flop: I cant fold AQ here obv, flat to keep in bluffs and worse aces, worse pairs etc Turn: obviously a sexy card for me. I lose to very little now considering my read on your open (only JJ, AA and QQ, but i have blockers to AA and QQ). so I go for a CR, hoping to get the money in vs AK/AJ etc. I think QQ, JJ and AA shove here because of the board texture, so I rule them out. river: not the best card, but only because it might kill my action - u were v.unlikely to have the flush. I still think you most likely have AK, AJ. I think you will be checking behind with alot, but could still call a bet. shoving looks more bluffy cosidering my rep so i went for a shove. In hindsight, because it was so early, and its a very bad card for your range, I like a smaller bet that you can call and still have some sort of stack left, around the 500 mark.
    Posted by chicknMelt

Cheers for your reply. I have only just started using this bet in tournies.....it is actually just pressing the 'pot' button....lol.

Found it now. NH. Glad I made the right fold. I think I called the turn bet hoping YOU could be on AK/AQ and if a 10 hit, I might of been paid off.

Hand History #774611816 (20:01 05/05/2014)

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    mightypu06 Small blind   10.00 10.00 1990.00
    chicknMelt Big blind   20.00 30.00 1980.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

Goldtia Fold        
    druidfluid Fold        
    blankyboy Fold        
    MAXALLY Raise   70.00 100.00 1930.00
    mightypu06 Fold        
    chicknMelt Call   50.00 150.00 1930.00
    Flop

• J
    • A

chicknMelt Check        
    MAXALLY Bet   180.00 330.00 1750.00
    chicknMelt Call   180.00 510.00 1750.00
    Turn

• Q

chicknMelt Check        
    MAXALLY Bet   200.00 710.00 1550.00
    chicknMelt Raise   560.00 1270.00 1190.00
    MAXALLY Call   360.00 1630.00 1190.00
    River

chicknMelt All-in   1190.00 2820.00 0.00
    MAXALLY Fold        
    chicknMelt Muck        
    chicknMelt Win   1630.00   1630.00
    chicknMelt Return   1190.00 0.00 2820.00

• edited May 2014

Good fold Sir!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken go pro? : That's the whole thing though, Alan, thats what these lads do - they PRESSURISE us on certain boards, & we fold. Now, I must tell you a little story now, because I've had it up to here with being pushed around by these sorts like Melty & Shortie Bates, & I'm not having any more of it.   So, on Friday, & with some business to discuss with Rob Yong @ DTD, I played their £250 thing, in which we got 50,000 (FIFTY THOUSAND) starting chips & a decent clock, albeit 50,000 @ 100-200 is not that much different to 10,000 @ 25-50.   Anyway, I determined I would NOT be pushed around by ANYONE, & I stood my ground, refused to yield, stuck it in their eye good & proper. I even won the first hand against Rupinder Bedi, a 10k pot & so effectively started with 60,000.   And it REALLY worked.   PS - It began at 7pm, & after a 3 hour drive, I was back home indoors by 10.30pm. Maybe needs a bit of fine tuning.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    But how could be have a straight?.....
  • edited May 2014
    a00rock - no not sponsored by them, or anyone - wbn tho! yeh, all is good, will be even better when i get to spend more time with them! jac - cheers m8. i have as it goes - baby and bottle in one arm, mouse in the other lol. no problem if he isn't brizzling too much. the other half tends to do most of it when i'm playing though thankfully. --------------- time for another update... I had a couple of nights off friday and saturday - out with mates on fri then family on sat night. I went to Bodeans restaurant in london on saturday. If you have never been, i'd recommend it. Its an american BBQ restaurant, which sounds pretty average, but i can tell you, you wont get any better meat anywhere. we got some platters to share - pork ribs, beef ribs, sausages, chicken thighs, burnt ends, pulled pork...and thats for 2 to share lol. After stuffing our faces with far too much meat went to a bavarian beer house just round the corner, which I'd also highly recommend doing, their beer is soo much better than ours! was a biig sunday - entered about £2.5k worth of tourneys! gulp. couple of SCOOPs M and L buy ins ($215 and $27) on stars + a few others, all the big ones on 888 and sky. i got off to a horrid start to the session, wasnt running or playing particularly well :( - busted the 6max scoops on stars, $500 whale and $215 mega deep on 888 without really even getting going. was looking like an expensive day! mid session i managed to lock up a UKPC seat though, which kinda eased the pressure a bit - couldnt be a complete disaster anymore. shortly after the UKPC seat, i managed to get to the FT of a (small field) $109 on 888 as chip leader. ended up pretty much busting to 2nd in chips with 7 left when my KK couldnt hold vs AK and cashed for a bowl. pretty much everything else fizzled out without much to show for it, except the SCOOP M ($215 sunday million special edition), which i was 1 tabling from about 1am until 4:30am. I had some really good tables and managed to chip up to 400k chips, good for a top 10 stack with 1000 or so left from 9000. sadly though it wasnt to be - my AA was cracked by AK AIPF for a monster 600k pot, enough to put be back in the top 10 with <400 left. then like 2 hands later I ran my QQ into KK for my last 100k. sigh. if only. by my rough calculations, i did manage to eek a small profit from the day (+$500 on stars, -$1200 on 888, +£500 on sky). I'd have been please with that a couple of hours in, but my exit from the million and $109 is a bit tilting still.  up in a few hours to take the wee one swimming.
    Posted by chicknMelt

Looks like that Sunday night could now be very profitable - I hope you continue to run well now that it's down to the last 10 - Locking up the win would be immense
  • edited May 2014
    Hi - been a week or so since the last update - time for another.

since my last update I have only played for one night on sky, and that was just a few sats etc, that dont count towards the best promo. It didnt go well. My plan was to sat into the 9pm £55bh, 10:30 speed bh and play the ukpc sats. I came away with nothing to show for it lol. didnt even manage to win a sat into the 9pm bh sigh.

after that it was the UKIPT, my 2nd ever £1k tourney, very exciting.

Day1: I steadily accumilated chips, and even broke the 100k barrier (20k starting stack) with still 3 or 4 hours left to play in the day. the chip leader from the previous day only havd like 190k, so it was going very well. As people busted the table I was on it got harder and harder - a few faces I recognised (but dont know their names) as well as Cristphoe de mulder and dermot blain. I lost about half my chips after CR a 6 high board with 2 diamonds, and barelling turn and river with J9dd, and got called on all 3 streets with A high! clearly the wrong person to try that on! i went all the way down to about 25k chips before regrouping. I managed to get back up to about 80k by getting bluffs through against dermot blain and after getting 3 streets of value with AA on an xxxxA board. shortly after the AA hand I was moved to a new table. a very good table! there was only about an hour of play left, but I managed to chip up to about 130k, winning approx 1/3 hands for a whole hour lol.

day2: the "table of death" according to the PS blog. gulp. LJamesL from sky, matthieus de mulder and Andrew Chen (2 to my left sigh!) plus another few faces i know. Andrew chen beat me up pretty good - he always seemed to have it! I will say though, he could have got far more chips from me a couple of times, so I guess I got off light. the table only seemed to get more difficult as the day went on and I was short stacked, on around 120k as the blinds were going into 3k/6k. not only that, but I had 4 biiig stacks to my left (500k, 700k, 1.2m, 1m or something like that) and the only slightly fishy player, who was pretty tight, to my right :( 
     ...basically, i 3bet shoved 33 and held vs AK, then after being priced in on the BB with 75s saw a flop of 5J7 and doubled again vs KJ to finish the day on 490k, bang on average.

day3: already ITM at this point, I felt I had probably the best table and quite a good seat too, I had high hopes! it turns out that one of the palyers on my table was german, and therefor naturally was an absolute beast. before I found that out I was down to about 300k. lesson learned. card dead aftre that for a while until the button open shoves and I look down at A9 in the BB. I had 240k left with blinds at 10k/20k. obv I call and see the good news - the button has A5. unfortunately a 5 on the turn is enough to bust me - the other player just had me covered. he went on to finish 2nd sigh.

after the dissapointment of exiting the way I did had settled, I began to feel quite proud of how I had played and managed to last longer than almost 1200 people to finish 29th. the £5k obviously helped a little too. 

It was also a pleasure to meet Ryan, TK, Sam1986 and lJamesl. I Think I was also on Lnarnin00's table when he bust, but I didnt realise it at the time?? 

------

since then I have played 0 poker! and I dont plan to play until the weekend. I have mostly been spending time with the family and arranging stuff for the new house, which I got the keys for today! woop!

I also handed in my notice today! double woop! just 2 months more to go until I am "free"

out for a meal tonight with the misses then fri/sat/sun will probably be spent decorating, watching the FA cup final, and then getting back into the grind on Sunday.

-----

i notice that i have dropped to 7th place in the Best promo - alot of people must have been waiting to enter their codes! im now nervous about whether my score will be good enough, after being pretty confident after about a week. cant do anythign other than wait and see I guess

• edited May 2014
    GG sir nice post!
  • edited May 2014
    So pleased for you! :)
  • edited May 2014
    Well played Andy, a bink is not far away now!

One thing, this weekend is a scorcher so you can't be stuck indoors decorating mate!
  • edited December 2014
    Bump.

Well done this weekend Andy. Think your thread title needs changing ;)