You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can a chicken go pro?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    well, tonight was rubbish!

even my wife knew how bad I was running because she had to tell me to stop swearing at my computer screen. lol. There is more of the above I could bore you with - massive outdraws and coolers all over the place... After such a promising start too. I won a seat to the big BH, a super roller seat, came 2nd in the £5.50 rebuy and won the £400gtd BH for £200, and had an amazing start in the superroller...before it all started to go wrong.

in the superroller I was up to about 30k within half an hour or so and cruising. I did spew off half my stack, getting it in twice behind vs much shorter stacks before regaining composure and rebuilding back up to about 20k... then the JT hand above happened... anyone think I should have played it different? as you cant see the suits - the board had 2 flush draws on the turn, neither of which I had.

I think the bad beats did make me spew a little bit, but in general I played quite well. 

I finished around £150 down, or £500 down if you include the seats I was already regged for (super roller and UKPC final). sigh.

• edited November 2013
    for a bit of fun - I'll give anyone a tenner if they can guess what hand the villain has in their first guess... (players on the table excluded). FYI, there are no flush draws.Hand History #713681345 (00:13 25/11/2013) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance chicknMelt Small blind   30.00 30.00 2145.00 xxxx Big blind   60.00 90.00 1880.00   Your hole cards ·       Q ·       A       elvisg1972 Fold         allan1951 Fold         exec66 Fold         chicknMelt Raise   150.00 240.00 1995.00 xxxx Call   120.00 360.00 1760.00 Flop     ·       3 ·       4 ·       10       chicknMelt Check         xxxx Bet   120.00 480.00 1640.00 chicknMelt Call   120.00 600.00 1875.00 Turn     ·       8       chicknMelt Check         xxxx Check         River     ·       2       chicknMelt Check         xxxx Check         chicknMelt Show ·       Q ·       A  

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro?:
    well, tonight was rubbish! even my wife knew how bad I was running because she had to tell me to stop swearing at my computer screen. lol. There is more of the above I could bore you with - massive outdraws and coolers all over the place... After such a promising start too. I won a seat to the big BH, a super roller seat, came 2nd in the £5.50 rebuy and won the £400gtd BH for £200, and had an amazing start in the superroller...before it all started to go wrong. in the superroller I was up to about 30k within half an hour or so and cruising. I did spew off half my stack, getting it in twice behind vs much shorter stacks before regaining composure and rebuilding back up to about 20k... then the JT hand above happened... anyone think I should have played it different? as you cant see the suits - the board had 2 flush draws on the turn, neither of which I had. I think the bad beats did make me spew a little bit, but in general I played quite well.  I finished around £150 down, or £500 down if you include the seats I was already regged for (super roller and UKPC final). sigh.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    is your shove ever getting called by worse? might have ended up the same resullt depending on your reads but a smaller raise or even a call (i can be too passive at times though) might have been better on the turn.

hand quiz 34s?

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : is your shove ever getting called by worse? 
    Posted by GELDY
    no, probably not (although I've seen it happen plenty of times).  The reason I shoved was because there was sooo many draws it was likely the villain was betting with a pair/draw combo or just semi bluffing. I really didnt want to let them catch up on the river cos the pot was already massive... That may have been flawed thinking though. I posted the details cos I was hoping people would give their opinions :)
  • edited November 2013
    I dunno Geldy, top 2 on a double flushing board, think there is more we beat than beats us. Plus jamming there gives the impression we may be chasing and makes our hand look much weaker than it actually is.

Harsh exit for you by the way.
  • edited November 2013
    I dunno Geldy, top 2 on a double flushing board, think there is more we beat than beats us. Plus jamming there gives the impression we may be chasing and makes our hand look much weaker than it actually is. Harsh exit for you by the way.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    but 2nd barrel from an initial raiser doesn't have to indicate a lot of strength
    a smaller bet on the turn keeps in a lot more of his hands that are beat, and if he is worried about the flushdraws and shoves you can re-evaluate then
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : is your shove ever getting called by worse? might have ended up the same resullt depending on your reads but a smaller raise or even a call (i can be too passive at times though) might have been better on the turn. hand quiz 34s?
    Posted by GELDY
    nope... although it was just as suprising
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : but 2nd barrel from an initial raiser doesn't have to indicate a lot of strength a smaller bet on the turn keeps in a lot more of his hands that are beat, and if he is worried about the flushdraws and shoves you can re-evaluate then
    Posted by GELDY
    yeah, I think if the turn bet hadnt been a pot sized bet i would have considered just calling - but for almost 1/4 of my stack, I didnt want to call, have one of the many draws hit, then have to fold when he shoves the river.
  • edited November 2013
    I think we've palyed a couple of times, and I was impressed with your game. Best of luck
  • edited November 2013
    I think we've palyed a couple of times, and I was impressed with your game. Best of luck
    Posted by patwalshh
    thanks muchly.

I still have a bit of work to do in the tilt control dept. I remember your name, but I couldnt remember where from - so i SS'd you. it must have been from PLO8 DYMs? or the rebuy main??... you CRUSH DYMs! especially recently. never seen a run so redicuous in DYMs 40 out of your last 50 were cashes! nice work!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : but 2nd barrel from an initial raiser doesn't have to indicate a lot of strength a smaller bet on the turn keeps in a lot more of his hands that are beat, and if he is worried about the flushdraws and shoves you can re-evaluate then
    Posted by GELDY
    I'm not so sure. You gotta figure, on that board texture, that top 2 is ahead a fair chunk of the time, but as Mr Melt says there are a number of river cards that could be very ugly. Not only ugly for us, but also potentially for our customer, and we risk not getting paid off by AA/KK if it's a nightmare river. FWIW I think a 2nd barrell leans me more towards him having something he's gonna pay us off with, just unfortunate the 'something' he had was one of the very few hands that were beating us.

I don't think I play it much, if at all, differently to you chicken. 

I can see where you are coming from Geldy, but think I'm happy to play for stacks on that turn.
  • edited November 2013
    for a bit of fun - I'll give anyone a tenner if they can guess what hand the villain has in their first guess... (players on the table excluded). FYI, there are no flush draws. Hand History #713681345 (00:13 25/11/2013) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance chicknMelt Small blind   30.00 30.00 2145.00 xxxx Big blind   60.00 90.00 1880.00   Your hole cards ·        Q ·        A       elvisg1972 Fold         allan1951 Fold         exec66 Fold         chicknMelt Raise   150.00 240.00 1995.00 xxxx Call   120.00 360.00 1760.00 Flop     ·        3 ·        4 ·        10       chicknMelt Check         xxxx Bet   120.00 480.00 1640.00 chicknMelt Call   120.00 600.00 1875.00 Turn     ·        8       chicknMelt Check         xxxx Check         River     ·        2       chicknMelt Check         xxxx Check         chicknMelt Show ·        Q ·        A    
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Hand quiz, .  AA?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : Hand quiz, .  AA?
    Posted by JimRiddle7

Nice try, but no. 

Hehe, this is fun.

Unless sky object- ill transfer money to the winner via a HU cash game... I'll raise to £10 and then fold to a rr ( or lots or smaller raises if your not comfortable with that)

• edited November 2013
    A5?

Didnt realise he had rivered the straight?
  • edited November 2013
    A5? Didnt realise he had rivered the straight?
    Posted by gazza127
    Nope...looks like ur gonna have to work for ur HU money from me ;)
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    Hand quiz 22 and got disconnected OTR !
  • edited November 2013
    27 rivers  the winner

• edited November 2013
    Hand quiz 5 6 
  • edited November 2013
    Quiz,  KK?
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    BOOM! 

We have a winner!

This hand actually made me open my mouth like a :-O smiley in disbelief lol.

I'll be online tonight from about 7pm - name a time and I'll wait for you an a NL20 HU table around then (or join one your on, if you get there first)
  • edited November 2013
    btw, good to see so many people reading this :)
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : Nice try, but no.  Hehe, this is fun. Unless sky object- ill transfer money to the winner via a HU cash game... I'll raise to £10 and then fold to a rr ( or lots or smaller raises if your not comfortable with that)
    Posted by chicknMelt
    not sure you are allowed to do this. don't want to see you get banned for money laundering over such a nice gesture
  • edited November 2013
    I have emailed SKY

"...I want to transfer £10 to teddybloat  - I ran a little fun competition in my thread and he won - I was planning to raise to £10 on a HU NL table, then fold to a RR... I think this is technically against the rules, but it wont hurt anyone. Will I get banned if I do it?"
  • edited November 2013
    I have emailed SKY "...I want to transfer £10 to teddybloat  - I ran a little fun competition in my thread and he won - I was planning to raise to £10 on a HU NL table, then fold to a RR... I think this is technically against the rules, but it wont hurt anyone. Will I get banned if I do it?"
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Don't EVER do that, please, I know it is with good intent, but it can look terrible, & "Fraud" don't do sentiment.

Do the Post Office still do Postal Orders? I used to get a 2/- Postal Order for my Birthday, from Auntie Winnie, every year. Cracking things, nearly as good as cash.

Auntie Winnie met a very unfortunate end, I'm sad to relate. She fell victim to a very unusual side-effect of diabetes, in that she was run over by a bus whilst cycling. Bad eyes, see, she never saw the bus coming. This was some 55 years ago, so pardon the semi-levity, but Uncle George lived happily for a goodly while after, in fact I think he married the milk-maid. He only had one leg, mind. Well, two, but one was wooden. More diabetes related problems, the whole family suffered. Dad had 9 brothers & sisters, 6 of them had wooden legs due to diabetes. Get-togethers in Church Halls with those wooden floors made a right racket when we did the hokey-cokey, & there'd be legs flying everywhere.   

• edited November 2013
    Haa I remember that The Stomp Dance ;-) Seriously tho I would not send postal orders via post unless it was recorded as they have a habit of going missing an old fashioned cheque would be far better.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro?:
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : Don't EVER do that, please, I know it is with good intent, but it can look terrible, & "Fraud" don't do sentiment. Do the Post Office still do Postal Orders? I used to get a 2/- Postal Order for my Birthday, from Auntie Winnie, every year. Cracking things, nearly as good as cash. Auntie Winnie met a very unfortunate end, I'm sad to relate. She fell victim to a very unusual side-effect of diabetes, in that she was run over by a bus whilst cycling. Bad eyes, see, she never saw the bus coming. This was some 55 years ago, so pardon the semi-levity, but Uncle George lived happily for a goodly while after, in fact I think he married the milk-maid. He only had one leg, mind. Well, two, but one was wooden. More diabetes related problems, the whole family suffered. Dad had 9 brothers & sisters, 6 of them had wooden legs due to diabetes. Get-togethers in Church Halls with those wooden floors made a right racket when we did the hokey-cokey, & there'd be legs flying everywhere.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Yikes, looks like it was a bad suggestion then! I suspect the response from sky will be equally stern.

What's a postal order??

Teddy, pm me your  name, sort code, acct no and I'll do a bank transfer? 

• edited November 2013
    Or if you prefer, your address and I'll google how to do one of those old postal order things/ just stick a tenner in an envelope 
  • edited November 2013
    Stick a £10 Primark Voucher in a Xmas card :-)))
  • edited November 2013
    Stick a £10 Primark Voucher in a Xmas card :-)))
    Posted by VespaPX

lol, yeah, no way that is gonna get nicked :D
  • edited November 2013

"what's a Postal Order?"

What?

WHAT?

You've never lived.......