You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can a chicken go pro?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro?:
    Hey,  interesting read,  tho I have to say the technicalities and stats make me go dizzy which is probably why I do ok for a bit then lose for a lot!  must learn more!   must try and remember more!  Gl and keep posting!
    Posted by Zeextenr

let me know if there is anything you want help with...
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : let me know if there is anything you want help with...
    Posted by chicknMelt

lol....it would take toooo long
  • edited November 2013
    late start tonight, and more of a relaxed evening with just a few tables

Tourney entries: £250

main - bought in at 9pm…for 10bb lol. out within a few hands - shoved KTs…didn't even see what I lost to. not too surprised by that, only bought in for a laugh.

-9:05pm - not the best of starts to the big bh again down to < 3k chips
    -9:35 why do I keep getting called by 2 overs… QJ this time on a 742 board… obv Q turn J river, thats why! ...3.2k
    -9:37: ran JJ into AA in the UKPC semi, luckily they only had half a stack.
    -9:39 ran KK into AA in a timed after building a very nice stack… bad 5 mins!
    -9:48: 3bet with JJ, flop KQx.  down to 2.5k in big bh
    -9:52: raised from BB with AQ after button and SB limped. flop AsTJs. ...this it easily good enough for me considering stack and opponents, I'm getting it in if I can… i bet 3/4 pot and got shoved on by the SB… i call, they turn over A8… turn was an 8…M*ther F@!?er!!! 
       ….river was a 9! (gave me a straight). Phew! i think my keyboard is pleased too :)
    -21:54: playing 3 tables and I have AA, AA and QQ at the same time!!
    -21:55: ok, so that didn't work out so well… only got action with one of the premiums (AA in the UKPC final). flop was T77, of course, sb had flatted my open with Q7o. goodnight. ARRGG!

the annoying thing is, I'm playing a lot better than last night, I'm thinking more… but I'm getting brutalised by the deck! least I have a break now so I can attempt to de-tilt (is that a word??) 

-22:15: ooo… look who just arrived at my table. mr stayorgo. he has got the better of me the last couple of encounters. time for revenge!
    -22:17: boo, hero call with A high went wrong, down to 4.3k
    -22:21 yes stayorgo, that shove was a BLUFF muahahaa. 5.5k
    -22:31: shoved with an open ender after i got check raised on a 9 high flop and didn't believe them  …they called with their set and I got there… weeee. got abused at the table after that lol. apparently I'm s?!t, the shove was F*!@ing sh!t and C:@!s always get there lol.   ...will find out later the maths behind it to check if he is right, dont think he is tho!

-------------
    after game analysis: skip to the next ---- if your not interested in the maths! I just wanted to check after getting abused, that it wasn't a terrible play… I'll try to make this easy to follow… comments more than welcome!

-the action went: hero raises with T8s to 2bb, bb calls. flop is 397
    -hero bets half pot, villain RR to 3x the initial raise
    -so the pot is 2bb + 0.5bb + 2bb + 2.25bb + 6.75bb = 13.5bb
    effective stacks are around  30-35bb  (it must have been 75/150 blinds.)

assumptions:
    -villains CR range is 33, 77-TT (JJ+ would most likely have 3bet pre), 7x (but only 1/3 of the time), 9x, 97,  68 and T8 (unlikely because I also have it) and some random bluffs (lets say 10% of the time its a random bluff - seems about right)

-to my shove the villain will fold all but 33, 99, 77, TT, A9, K9, Q9, J9, 97 (from my read this seems about right for him)
    so, my equity vs the calling range is 38% (propokertools.com/simulations)

when villain folds I win 13.5bb
    when villain calls I win on average = pot x equity = 83..5bb x 0.38 = 31.73bb (i started with 35bb, so if i win back 31 bb, its a 4bb loss)

ok, so you can already see that if the villain never folds, I only lose <4bb on average, so he won't have to fold much to make it profitable.

how often does villain call?
    we have to work out how many combinations of each hand there are, and add up the combinations that will fold vs the ones that will call…
    -33 - 3 combos (3 on flop reduces it from 6)
    -77 - 3 combos
    -99 - 3 combos
    -TT - 6 combos
    -A9 - 12 combos (9 on flop)
    -k9 - 12 combos
    -97 - 12 combos-
    -Q9- 12 combos
    -J9 - 12 combos
    -TOTAL = 73 combos that call

how often does villain fold?
    -88 - 6 combos
    -57, 67, 87, T7, J7, Q7, K7, A7 = 12 combos x 8 = 96 combos… but since we think they will only check raise one third of the time = 32 
    -96, 98, 9T = 12 combos x 3 = 36
    -random bluffs = 15 combos (guesstimate. total combos is around 150… and 10% of that is 15… above I said I think the villain is probably bluffing with random cards about 10% of the time)
    -TOTAL = 89 combos that fold

ALL combos = 89 + 73 = 162
    …so the villain folds =  89/162 = 54% of the time

OK, so if the villain folds 54% of the time, how much can I expect to win or lose on average from this play…

(Equity when called x  chance of getting called) + (Equity when folded x chance of folding) = total equity
    (-3.27 x 0.46) + (13.5 x 0.54) 
    -1.5 + 7.3
    5.8   …so that play makes 5.8 bb on average assuming my ranges were accurate. they probably weren't, but in reality if the villain is folding only 20% its a break even play so its probably fine. the only question is whether it is optimal? anyone?

the other options were 
    -fold: some merit, but I'm never going to win whats in the pot obv (worth over 1/3 of my stack), and I have a hand with equity against the villains entire range.
    -call: lower variance definitely… but optimal? sets we will stack if we hit, but thats not a big part of their range, and we may be forced to fold on the turn by alot of hands that would fold to a raise on the flop. on the other hand, we will pretty much never get stacked and could possibly pick better spots to get it in later on.
    -raise: any other raise than all in commits you (other than a clickback I guess), and your opponent may still think he has fold equity… best to avoid confusion I think and get it in rather than just raise?

you could probably make an argument for any of the plays...opinions?
    ---------------

10:51 - the abuser tightened up after that hit to his chipstack... so I've been targeting him lol, he must love me. up to 16k :)  …still no bounties tho.

23:18 - out the speed bh, TT < 55. can't really fault how i played in it tonight, just didn't get good spots… and when I did, i busted!

23:28: meh, horrible bluff. 18k down to 14.5k. currently 13/23. still no bounties

23:36 WAHOOOO - first bounty and an almost full double up after DRRREAM flop with QT vs KJ - 89J. now 3/19. also still in the timed, but only with starting stack. only these 2 left now.

23:45: cashed in the timed for about £30. 5/16 in the big bh

23:53: oh dear… down to 4.8k with blinds 300/600… why do I always assume people are playing sensible cards "only a 3 really beats me, he can't have a 3 here… I'm all in…oh…he had a 3" basically sums up the hand.

12:05: managed to double twice. once race, one dominating

12:10 ...POP :)  

12:18 - …right, I'm bored, time for a rampage… starting stack 20k… need to chip up to have a chance, and people dont seem to have much gamble in them...now seems as good a time as any. 5mins..

12:23 rampage over… up to 30k - 6/11

12:43 Out in 11th…blinds were 800/1600. I have TT and there is a mid position limper, so I shove my remaining 26k. they had AA. the oldest trick in the book. he was getting my chips if he raised pre anyway!

another £120 loss puts me near £500 in the hole this month again. pretty happy with how I played mostly though. If I keep playing how I have been tonight i should be ok. famous last words.

I only managed to watch about 5 mins of that button vs blind vid last night before I fell asleep. time for another try…. this is the problem with having a job, it gets in the way! i have to sleep so I can get up! 

• edited November 2013
    Have enjoyed reading your blog, seems like you're due to take down an mtt any day now! I also like your mathematic calculations (keep them coming) regarding some of your plays.
  • edited November 2013
    Have enjoyed reading your blog, seems like you're due to take down an mtt any day now! I also like your mathematic calculations (keep them coming) regarding some of your plays.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    I hope ur right double! Thanks for the comments- wasn't sure whether including all that maths was a bit much. 

Would really like to hear what people's opinions of that play are, and what they think the optimal line is...
  • edited November 2013
    great thread - keep it up
    like the hand evaluation - i will often assume the calculation result in spots like the oesd - good to see it evaluated
    hope to earn a mention here at some stage
    although won't be playing for a while - but maybe tonight!
  • edited November 2013
    I like the fact that you keep track of your progress in each tournament in here.  Provides the reader with a good timeline of events in each tournament you play.

You seem to be happy with your play, and seem to be doing the right things.  Im sure that if you keep doing them the -£500 will soon change into a positive figure.

Gl.
  • edited November 2013
    @Geldy - so tonight is your last night for a while if I understand correctly?  - hopefully we end of on a (final??) table together at some point then tonight... I've encountered you a few times i think, and not got any notes i dont think... which is good, cos my notes are normally mistakes i think people make.

@gazza - thanks! I'll kepp making notes as I play then - assuming the number of tables permits it. Yeah I've certainly played worse and won more. I was happy with my play last night, but not so much on some of the other nights. I've  gone 2weeks+ without any winning days, and a week of winning every single day... so I'm not too concerned atm.
  • edited November 2013
    I like the play and the analysis, please do continue.  Learning lots by reading. Where did you learn how to do this postgame review? Do you set aside time to do this each session? Regards to the optimal line: dunno uf we need to think about that against an opponent who abuses in chat like that lol. Just take the line that makes the most money and don your flame proof coat.

We're only exploitable if we are heavily weighted towards draws in this spot, if we have enough strong pairs, sets and two pairsin this spot at this stage of the tournament then we are ok. Personally and im nowhere near your level, I dont think we should pass up on exploitative  play with the intention of being unexploitable unless our oppenent has given us good reason to do so. Exploit till we have to adjust against most villains.its what makes the most money.
  • edited November 2013
    Time for a rampage.

Must remember to say that to myself at least once a tournament.

Boss.

• edited November 2013
    I like the play and the analysis, please do continue.  Learning lots by reading. Where did you learn how to do this postgame review? Do you set aside time to do this each session? Regards to the optimal line: dunno uf we need to think about that against an opponent who abuses in chat like that lol. Just take the line that makes the most money and don your flame proof coat. We're only exploitable if we are heavily weighted towards draws in this spot, if we have enough strong pairs, sets and two pairsin this spot at this stage of the tournament then we are ok. Personally and im nowhere near your level, I dont think we should pass up on exploitative  play with the intention of being unexploitable unless our oppenent has given us good reason to do so. Exploit till we have to adjust against most villains.its what makes the most money.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    post game review came from videos and books... Phil gordons little gold book (or whatever its called... its by phil gordon and its the gold one). its basically a whole book of stuff like that - its very maths based and can be a tricky read at times, but IMO its essential knowledge. very good book - would suggest you start there.

I should do it more than I actually do - that one hand took like an hour... I'm sure once i've done it alot and if I'm not explaining every step it would be alot quicker tho. trying to find time is an issue for me.

• edited November 2013
    Time for a rampage. Must remember to say that to myself at least once a tournament. Boss.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

haha, yeah, I'm just glad it worked out... "right time for a rampage...erm, out" would have been a bit embarassing. Its good to change gears tho, keep ppl guessing.
  • edited November 2013

tourneys entered: £420     

18:25 - time to start with late reg the 6pm £22bh
    18:36 - well, that didn't go well…shoved my last 1.1k with TT, called by A8 and an unknown… board was J8xAx. out already. 
    18:55 - hehe, just cashed for £30+ in a 15 min £5 timed - I'll take that all day long. 

19:56 - haha - just got it in on a timed with A7 on a A33x board vs 44…river a 4, then the very next hand had AA and chopped with A6. think my run good is running low already.

20:10 - out another £22bh - got it in as a shorty with an open ended and was called by 2nd pair which held
    20:14 - got the cash for a seat in a £55 bh. woop! £85 dent made 
    20:17 -ok, thats just rude…guy calls all the streets with 22 and hits a 2 on the river…what can you do?! - that was in the deepstack.
    20:18. QQ the very next hand in the deepstack….4bet shoved it from the button vs a bb 3bet…they had AA - out.
    20:30 - had to add an extra rebut in the rebuy, spewed a bit.
    20:50 - £10 cash from a £5 timed.
    20:54 - Geldy just called me down light.. and was right…this is in the mini
    20:55 - £7 cash in a £5 timed… wish sky did more of these - i seem to be good at them. no £11 ones and only £22 one :(

21:05 - good start to the big - up to 5k after i bluffed, got called, and was good…both checked the flop.. somehow a rr on the turn and then a bomb on the river got paid by K high?  I definately get called down supper light! - its not just this hand.
    21:10 - first bounty already in the big bh - it was a shorty though. 5.8k
    21:24 - UKPC - phew… never nice hitting your 9 high flush and getting reraised… i was good though and doubled up. brilliant start :)
    21:28 - haven't got anything going in the main yet < starting stack.. time to gamble it up - rebuys finish soon!
    21:37 - managed to add 1.5k in the main - up to 5.2k before add on, about mid stacked. rebuys over. going well on most tourneys atm for a change - grinding up stacks without many showdowns.
    22:06 - why do you fold when I have the nuts GELDY… you call every other time! 

22:10 - hmmm, bad play by me which paid off in the main - up to 14.5k.
    22:14 - picked off a bluff… 18k in main. still in 7 with the speed bh and timed to come :) … but somehow i missed the add-on in the mini..doh!
    22:23 - down to 4.5k in big bh - pretty card dead. 
    22:28 - thankfully not on Geldy's table anymore - he knocked me out the mini! well played sir - a bet on the river and i fold… I tried to rep the flush... Geldy had the nut flush, so I dont think think he cared what I was repping!

22:21 - shoved (villain had less than half my stack) over a pot donk lead with TPTK and got called by 2nd pair - 34k!

22:30 - ha, my usual spewey start to the speed - got massively stationed by bottom pair.

22:40 - sigh - out the UKPC - QQ < 96 . 668 flop. other than the first hand, I had nothing going for me in this tourney.

22:42 -35k > 17k in the main - huge pot. i lost it - might need a line check on it later... its too complicated for me to maths it up.

22:47 - out turbo

22:49 - still in the big, but only got 4k at 100/200.. gonna have to gamble it up. down to 4 tourneys now :S

22:54 - doubled up in the speed!

22:55 - dammit - AQ < A4 all in pre in the big bh - out

23:04 sigh - 7k in main (11bb)…3bet shoved 99 pre, called by KQ.

23:07 - back up to 14k. shoved sb with J8s, called by KQ, hit an 8. finally some luck. 

23:10 - fook sake - TT vs QT AI pre - flop QQA - down to 4k again!

23:11 - AA in the main - trebled up to 13k. blinds 500/1000. crazy 10 mins. up to > 10k in the speed too, blinds 100//200. no bounties tho yet.

23:25 KK < J3 in the main. sigh.

23:28 - more sigh. out the main near the bubble - open shoved my last 10bb with AK utg, got called by utg+1...they had JTo?? board Kx9Qx. 

out the speed  99< AT, all pre and within seconds of the main exit. 

...running like a fat man with 1 leg.

after it started so well, i just couldn't catch a break in the second half of tonight the only times I won a flip were after I had been crippled -  like getting given a plaster for a shotgun wound to the face - i'd just rather not been shot in the face in the first place thank you very much - this plaster aint gonna help much!

managed to scrape back a bit in the £22 timed. down £250 tonight. ouch. confidence running low. 

• edited November 2013
    @Geldy - so tonight is your last night for a while if I understand correctly?  - hopefully we end of on a (final??) table together at some point then tonight... I've encountered you a few times i think, and not got any notes i dont think... which is good, cos my notes are normally mistakes i think people make.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    guess you'll have some notes on me now, although hopefully not too many mistakes (i saved that for others)
    did feel sorry for you. you popped up on a number of my tables, which was really hard work for me as i so wanted to make a good impression, but just got the cards i needed at the right times. quite happy not to share a table next time.
    gl

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : guess you'll have some notes on me now, although hopefully not too many mistakes (i saved that for others) did feel sorry for you. you popped up on a number of my tables, which was really hard work for me as i so wanted to make a good impression, but just got the cards i needed at the right times. quite happy not to share a table next time. gl
    Posted by GELDY

yeah, got some notes, not neccessarily mistakes, more about playing style... you definately came off better from our confrontations last night - very annoying to play against :)

• edited November 2013

anyone want to help with these hands?...

in this hand the standard move would be to open shove with 11bb... but my read was the BB will call pretty much any 2 if I min r, and fold if I shove... I was right about calling with any 2, but the flop was disgusting, so i didnt cbet - never getting called by worse really. the turn bet was an easyish call. my question is, should I have folded the river... I've under represented my hand massivley, so the villain could easily be trying to push me off it or value betting a 7 or 8 - thats why I called

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    winner5603 Small blind  500.00 500.00 15313.75
    jondabar Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 131473.06
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

anoncowboy Fold     
    Claytov Fold     
    chicknMelt Raise  2000.00 3500.00 9154.84
    winner5603 Fold     
    jondabar Call  1000.00 4500.00 130473.06
    Flop

• A
    • J
    • J

jondabar Check     
    chicknMelt Check     
    Turn

jondabar Bet  1000.00 5500.00 129473.06
    chicknMelt Call  1000.00 6500.00 8154.84
    River

jondabar Bet  4875.00 11375.00 124598.06
    chicknMelt Call  4875.00 16250.00 3279.84
    jondabar Show
    • J

chicknMelt Muck
    • K
    • K

jondabar Win Three Jacks 16250.00  140848.06
  • edited November 2013
    this was the big hand from the main I wanted a line check on... 2 things are playing on my mind - should I have slowed down on the turn after getting called on the flop? and having bet the turn should I have taken a deep breath and shoved the river? I may have in other hands, but it just felt like he was never folding... and if he did have a FD too, there is a decent chance he would check behind and I win with K high. lots of draws complete on the river too.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Nutter5932 Small blind  250.00 250.00 8705.00
    chicknMelt Big blind  500.00 750.00 32674.98
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

spanner101 Call  500.00 1250.00 26422.50
    jondabar Call  500.00 1750.00 28329.50
    heddoh18 Call  500.00 2250.00 4512.50
    MAXSHADOW Fold     
    Nutter5932 Fold     
    chicknMelt Raise  3000.00 5250.00 29674.98
    spanner101 Fold     
    jondabar Call  3000.00 8250.00 25329.50
    heddoh18 Fold     
    Flop

• A

chicknMelt Bet  4000.00 12250.00 25674.98
    jondabar Call  4000.00 16250.00 21329.50
    Turn

chicknMelt Bet  8125.00 24375.00 17549.98
    jondabar Call  8125.00 32500.00 13204.50
    River

chicknMelt Check     
    jondabar All-in  13204.50 45704.50 0.00
    chicknMelt Fold     
    jondabar Muck     
    jondabar Win  32500.00  32500.00
    jondabar Return  13204.50
  • edited November 2013
    Hand 1 - Yeah on alot of tables I prefer to minraise here cos we'll get peeled and shipped on much wider than we get called when we just ship, even though we look like we should never be folding. Horrible flop, I check too. I probably call turn, then hate life and fold river, doubt he's gonna be value betting a 7 or 8... might be bluffing but probably not often enough.

Hand 2 - We can probably go a little bit smaller on every street (including pre), think we just have to sigh check/fold river
  • edited November 2013
    Hand 1 - Yeah on alot of tables I prefer to minraise here cos we'll get peeled and shipped on much wider than we get called when we just ship, even though we look like we should never be folding. Horrible flop, I check too. I probably call turn, then hate life and fold river, doubt he's gonna be value betting a 7 or 8... might be bluffing but probably not often enough. Hand 2 - We can probably go a little bit smaller on every street (including pre), think we just have to sigh check/fold river
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah, i was certainly hating life at the river bet in hand 1. think your right, its probably a fold.

the only thing I'm not sure I agree with is betting smaller pre - I'm OP, and there are loads of limpers, and if 1 calls there is a danger everyone will! possibly 3k might have been better, but I wouldnt go below that.

yeah, smaller on the flop and turn too. pure lazyness clicking half pot, then bet - alot easier than typing in a number when your playing a few tables. Im thinking 3k on the flop and then a similar 1/3 ish pot bet on the turn?
  • edited November 2013
    Hand 1 - Yeah on alot of tables I prefer to minraise here cos we'll get peeled and shipped on much wider than we get called when we just ship, even though we look like we should never be folding. Horrible flop, I check too. I probably call turn, then hate life and fold river, doubt he's gonna be value betting a 7 or 8... might be bluffing but probably not often enough. Hand 2 - We can probably go a little bit smaller on every street (including pre), think we just have to sigh check/fold river
    Posted by Lambert180
    theme of the night!
  • edited November 2013
    Can't disagree with Lambie

H1 This is the problem with letting the blind see the flop, sometimes they hit big! If you want to test him maybe raising the turn is the way to do it, after his small probing bet.

H2 you 6x bet on the button and someone comes along for the ride oop - oops
    two big bets follow and he is still with you - double oops
    difficult to see him folding the river with the pot so big with much of his range
    and although the c/f feels so dirty it probably is the best thing to do
  • edited November 2013
    Hand 1: As played, fold river.

Hand 2: I would suggest raising smaller to ~2500, then betting just under 1/2 pot on flop, followed by 1/3 pot on turn.
  • edited November 2013
    Can't disagree with Lambie H1 This is the problem with letting the blind see the flop, sometimes they hit big! If you want to test him maybe raising the turn is the way to do it, after his small probing bet. H2 you 6x bet on the button and someone comes along for the ride oop - oops two big bets follow and he is still with you - double oops difficult to see him folding the river with the pot so big with much of his range and although the c/f feels so dirty it probably is the best thing to do
    Posted by GELDY
    Wasn't I in the BB? On the button I would raise smaller
  • edited November 2013
    Yeah you were BB so you've went 3.5k total cos HH doesn't include the BB you already put in. It wasn't a big deal pre like, only go like 3k instead but them 1xBBs add up :)
  • edited November 2013
    ok... so I  think we all somewhat agree then... 

hand 1 - I like the open to 2x as it give the villain a chance to hit something/ shove and make a mistake. I should however have folded the river - I think that is a clear mistake.

--edit-- geldy's suggestion of a rr on the turn has some merit, but with such a short stack, I'm just trying to get to showdown as cheaply as possible + you are repping a J with that line, and since you are so short the villain isn't going to be too worried and would probably call with anything decent anyway

hand2 - a raise to 3k from the BB would probably have been more optimal, that combined with slightly smaller bets on flop and turn would have saved a decent chunk. I think the flop and turn are both bets still, with a check fold on the river... i do need to start taking more time with my bet sizes in general - think that is a leak of mine for sure.

thanks guys.

still not had any many comments on my hand from the day before (shove with OE where I got abused afterwards) - the question was whether a call with the open ender would have been more profitable than the shove. I've already shown that the shove was profitable, but is it too high varience? and if the call is more profitable then its a mistake anyway - one thing I have learned from some of the videos I have watched is just because a move is pofitable, doesn't mean it is the right one.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : Wasn't I in the BB? On the button I would raise smaller
    Posted by chicknMelt
    my bad - multitasking and having to rush to catch my flight - conclusion holds though. generally i am trying to shave a little off my post flop bets if i think i can still get stacks in by the river - seems to be working for me at the moment.

the oesd hand - easy shove - you want to see both cards whereas if he has 2prs / a set he'll be firing again on most turns and maybe pricing you out of the pot
  • edited November 2013
    it was a night of near misses last night - I finally managed to run deep in the main event finishing 12th- not enough for a big cash, I stone bubbled the final table (each of which got a seat into the £240 UKPC final, and 1st place gets a £1100 seat) of a UKPC sat, and stone bubbled the £22 £1k gtd. MTTs can get very frustrating! 

in the main I feel like I played extremely well - I took my time with my bet sizing and my decisions and it seemed to work a treat. these are some of the highlights:
    --I ran a huge bluff for all my chips early on with K high vs a big stack: bet timing tells gave away his weakness and I bet my last 800 chips into a 2.2k pot vs a player with 6k chips...not something I would normally think about doing!

--lost an AI pre with AA vs 99... then the very next hand vs the very same player I double up with 99...I couldn't resist a bit of banter in the chat box - "lol, 99 right back in your face :P"

--made a pretty big laydown with KJ on a KJ44x (3 hearts) board - straight after I folded the villain said they had 44! the way the action went, they looked weak, until they overbet the river... polarizing bet, which I managed to work out. deffo would have called on some of the previous days this week.

--ended up shoving my last 8bb utg with JTs. I got called by the worst possible hand.. JJ... even when I was called I didnt think I would be in that bad shape! gg - it was an enjoyable run, even if the cash wasnt as bit as I was hoping for - around £130 with bounties.

in the UKPC sat that I bubbled, I think the main issue was that I didnt adapt to my table well enough - I was getting 3bet shoved on all over the place and I didnt adapt my opening range accordingly. I ended up 3bet shoving myself with 88 into KK. I ran well in this too, so i should really have converted here.

in the 1k bh that I bubbled, I didnt do much wrong, but was 7/7 on the bubble with 6 paid... I shoved TT for around 8 bb and got called by Q6 (bounty hunting I guess), and as seems standard atm, there was a Q on the river!

generally, I think I played well (but ended up with another small loss, which is annoying. I guess I am now officially in a downswing.

• edited November 2013
    Just noticed my C4P - I have 5080 points at the halfway point this month - at least one of my goals for sky is on target this month! Shame I wont be playing tonight - its going to be close because I caught a couple of days of the UKOPS at the start of the month which helped a bit. 

Might have to resort to adding some cash tables in to boost my points... does anyone fancy playing some HU cash at some point? Its not my regular game so I'm not that good at it so would prefer not to play one of the regs to start with... I'm only thinking of NL10-NL30- nothing too big.  

...would be happy to play a set number of hands/time and post the results as well, challenge stylee...bit like the sulsky v polk match up recently (http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/10/doug-polk-defeats-ben-sulsky-16618.htm), except less hands, less money, less skill, and no one cares about the result :D

the only priviso is that is that HUNL can't be your main game, or one of your main games, cos you'll just crush me.
  • edited November 2013
    Just noticed my C4P - I have 5080 points at the halfway point this month - at least one of my goals for sky is on target this month! Shame I wont be playing tonight - its going to be close because I caught a couple of days of the UKOPS at the start of the month which helped a bit.  Might have to resort to adding some cash tables in to boost my points... does anyone fancy playing some HU cash at some point? Its not my regular game so I'm not that good at it so would prefer not to play one of the regs to start with... I'm only thinking of NL10-NL30- nothing too big.   ...would be happy to play a set number of hands/time and post the results as well, challenge stylee...bit like the sulsky v polk match up recently ( http://www.pokernews.com/news/2013/10/doug-polk-defeats-ben-sulsky-16618.htm ), except less hands, less money, less skill, and no one cares about the result :D the only priviso is that is that HUNL can't be your main game, or one of your main games, cos you'll just crush me.
    Posted by chicknMelt

Might be interested to do this at 10nl at some point with you. Maybe sometime next week -  Gives me time to change my mind as im pretty sure its a terrible idea.

Don't worry - cash is not my game.  HUNL is definitely not my game so the only crushing you'l be seeing will probably be of your own doing.

I'll ponder over the idea.  You remotely interested?
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Can a chicken turn pro? : Might be interested to do this at 10nl at some point with you. Maybe sometime next week -  Gives me time to change my mind as im pretty sure its a terrible idea. Don't worry - cash is not my game.  HUNL is definitely not my game so the only crushing you'l be seeing will probably be of your own doing. I'll ponder over the idea.  You remotely interested?
    Posted by gazza127
    yeah I'm interested - nl10 sounds good too... was kind of hoping thats what would be suggested, just want to do it for a bit of fun really and possibly give my points a wee boost.

I was thinking of a weekend before the tournament rush - so before 7pm.

--edit---
    also dont mind, if you wanted to a challenge style matchup, if we have a cap on losses!  ..something to ponder