You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    You were a bit unlucky there wasnt you! Ace Queen twice and you were out..very unlucky mate. Where abouts u from?
  • edited June 2009
    Does anyone have any other views about SkyPoker? Any improvements they should make?
  • edited June 2009
    Sky_Rich or Tikay10 any news on Omaha coming to skypoker? I heard there were rumours this was going to happen...
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    Sky_Rich or Tikay10 any news on Omaha coming to skypoker? I heard there were rumours this was going to happen...
    Posted by Jimmy8
    That's one for the Suits, Jimmy, but yes, Omaha will be coming to Sky Poker, as will many other enhancements.

We are a young site, but everything we need will happen, it just takes time to build something worthwhile.

The main thing - VERY important - is that we have a great Community here. Ewerything else will flow from that, & I'm sure we'll all enjoy the journey, together.
  • edited June 2009
    Its an excellent idea Tikay. And i couldnt agree more that the community here is top notch. Which other types of poker will skypoker be getting in the future? stud, razz, omahi hi lo etc...?
  • edited June 2009
    Another thing that i thing that would greatly improve SkyPoker is the payout structure for the 6 seater sit n go's! 2nd place should get more with 1st getting slightly less. "2nd place should atleast double there moneyand 1st x4 there stake i feel...does anyone agree with me on this matter???
  • edited June 2009
    Tikay have you ever played in the world series before or any of the other major tournaments? Or have any of the other presenters?
  • edited June 2009
    Well I managed to win the £20 freeroll yesterday. £5 for about 2-3 hrs work on my girlfriend's sky account.

Do other sites give you cash for points? i.e. Stars? or are you only able to use the points for merchandise or entry into tournaments?... Pure cash return is still good I think. But perhaps Sky could consider a conversion into Cash entry fees into MTT's etc.. not sure how this works in practice though. So say The Open would cost 5000 points etc to enter for free...

Any views on this?

p.s. Tony - hit my 2nd Royal flush this week on Sky.
  • edited June 2009
    clock.   I would like to see more freerolls where the prize is higher , and the number of points required to enter is also higher.Example maybe 500 or more points.
  • edited June 2009
    I think it would be great to have larger freerolls using more points to enter rather than just lots of little ones. A 250 3 times a week and a much bigger one once a week
  • edited June 2009
    i think sky poker do try to reward regular players with freerolls its not so much as there isnt enough but its the prize pools of £20 that put people off because they start with on average 100 - 150 players and if you win the whole tournament you win £5. i think one way that sky poker would make regular players more aprreciative of the freerolls would be if instead of 4 low prize pool freerolls maybe do 1 freeroll of £100 a day  and the £250 freeroll every wednesday and also maybe another £250 freeroll on a saturday night what you guys think?
  • edited June 2009

What happened to the £1000 freeroll on a wednesday? it started at £1000, then went down to £500 and now its just £250??...soon it will be 10p. I agree with you megarat should be another on a saturday night or possibly a sunday night?

• edited June 2009
    Grimstar30 i do believe that other sites allow you to exchange your poker points for tournament vouchers as well as merchandise. The idea about the Open is a good 1 or other tournaments which are similar e.g. Velocity, bounty hunters etc...??
  • edited June 2009

As most freerolls only require 20 points 2 enter,  couldn't they maybe put on some more freerolls with much higher entry points and bigger prize pools for us loyal players with thousands of points built up over the years.
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    Grimstar30 i do believe that other sites allow you to exchange your poker points for tournament vouchers as well as merchandise. The idea about the Open is a good 1 or other tournaments which are similar e.g. Velocity, bounty hunters etc...??
    Posted by Jimmy8

Yes I think something similar would be good on Sky. I know I would like to save up and then enter a few tournaments for free.
  • edited June 2009
    get rid of all the small freerolls and have 1 big fr every week ,limit to 1,000 players top 60 get paid, who wants 5p for finishing 150th, there is a lot of players with loads of player points and nothing to spend them on?
  • edited June 2009
    haha too true JPDERRY! 5p for an hours graft not worth it. How many points does everyone actually have saved up then? Grimstar30? Gills? Are we talking thousands?
  • edited June 2009
    Whos playing in the £250 community freeroll tonight at 8.00pm?
  • edited June 2009
    Mel i have the same issue with the points they just build up maybe they should have some form of skypoker store like fulltilt have where u can exchange ur points for skypoker merchandise...?
    Posted by Jimmy8
    I agree about the points i have 9k but dont know what they are for(you used to be able to use them in sng's for the primo) also maybe they could revive the 1k freeroll once a month with a 1k points buyin for example

ps i won the 1k freeroll once yay!!
  • edited June 2009
    NIce i only ever played it once and came 8th got £20 i think. What did u get for winning it?
  • edited June 2009
    i got a petition of 16 players together about the bad freerolls on here and tk was very kind 2 ask the suits 2 make the money bigger on them but we had no luck . this was a few months ago . but on a happier note i have made over 6k profit on here only playing 5 pound and 2 pound mtts , normaly deepstack . i find skypoker rewards the good players through it fair poker program software it has . yep u will get badbeats on here but i have played on other poker websites and they are far worse for badbeats . you can check out my stats on www.sharkscope.com its a kinda free player tracker . as a average player like most on skypoker i would be more then happy 2 give free advice 2 any new players on how 2 win on skypoker.

kind regards
                                 from ireland

• edited June 2009

IRISHROVER wow looks like your doing well for yourself buddy well played. what advice could you give to people playin MTT? And also what is your single biggest win...and for that matter anyone had a massive win on SkyPoker?

• edited June 2009
    yes there should seeing as there used to be a weekly wednesday freeroll with a £1000 purse.. sort it out marketing please you are sky its not like u cant afford to do it anymore :)
  • edited June 2009
    Hi all
     I agree with the original post i think there should be a few more freerolls with a slightly bigger pot, or even one decent sized pot per day. The 10am and 2pm freerolls are good times, not all people work 9-5 i work shifts so these are good to keep busy during the days off etc. Also for the weekly freeroll of 500, what do you need to qualify or can anyone enter?

Payneh
  • edited June 2009
    how do u get password jimmy for freeroll?
  • edited June 2009
    I remember when there was the £1 thousand pound free roll and used to love playing in that every week its what kept me interested in the site. If your a paying customer, regular or new, you need these larger freerolls to get people interested in joining or as an incentive for more seasoned players but with a payout big enough to bother with. I personaly dont play the £20 freerolls on offer because the amount of people you have to beat to get such a small payout isnt worth the effort. Dont get me wrong i know its free and for some; good practice but for people who are loyal and put a lot of money onto the site its not appealing at all and would love to see at least 1 large freeroll a week or even month. Other sites have freerolls to satalites for bigger tornies and usualy every 5 min maybe sky could have qualifier torniments that are free to enter instead of the large payout i mentioned earlier. We all love free as most things in life are not so come on sky! you might take are money but you will never take are freeeeedooommmmm :)
  • edited June 2009
    Not sure if there should be more Freerolls a day but think the four there are a day should be re-schuled to suit those who have to work regular hours have at least 3 of them out of the 9-6 (allowing time to get back from home after work) slot as its difficult to play the 10am and 2pm ones while at work. Also think the midnight one should be brought forward to 10.30 or 11.00pm. Also think that one should a higher value £250 or higher freeroll a day at 7.30pm not just once a week. The other free rolls should also be of a higher value say £50 with winner getting at least £10 after all you could be playing a freeroll for up to 2 hours and end up with a fiver or less (that's less than minimum wage) how am I going to start my professional poker career on less than a fiver an hour? Possibly a freeroll end of week tournament with higher value that you qualify for buy being in top twenty or so of any of the other free rolls?
    Posted by Fella666
    there used to be a 50pound but it disappeared same as the 02.00 freeroll.wot happened?and i didnt get a birthday gift this year??
  • edited June 2009
    i like playing freerolls during day time.i also liked the 02.00 freeroll but it disappeared with all the cash from the freerolls.
    i also didnt get a birthday gift this year.i won freeroll the other night and gladly took the 5er...thanks every little helps.
  • edited June 2009
    Not sure if there should be more Freerolls a day but think the four there are a day should be re-schuled to suit those who have to work regular hours have at least 3 of them out of the 9-6 (allowing time to get back from home after work) slot as its difficult to play the 10am and 2pm ones while at work. Also think the midnight one should be brought forward to 10.30 or 11.00pm. Also think that one should a higher value £250 or higher freeroll a day at 7.30pm not just once a week. The other free rolls should also be of a higher value say £50 with winner getting at least £10 after all you could be playing a freeroll for up to 2 hours and end up with a fiver or less (that's less than minimum wage) how am I going to start my professional poker career on less than a fiver an hour? Possibly a freeroll end of week tournament with higher value that you qualify for buy being in top twenty or so of any of the other free rolls?
    Posted by Fella666
    there used to be a 50pound but it disappeared same as the 02.00 freeroll.wot happened?and i didnt get a birthday gift this year??
  • edited June 2009
    For which freeroll FIZTER 14?