You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL? : So if you & your brother have that many points, and that much money to spend, why on earth are you both fussed about playing in a small money freeroll?
    Posted by harvey22
    Why?

Well do players who accrue a larger number of points not deserve something in return?

Yes, there is the monthly cashback, weekly league freeroll. But thats it. The points are removed for the cashback bonus anyways.

Players who gain more points deserve something. It doesn't matter if they make a living from poker or whether they have plenty of money.

If you cannot see that then I give up.

And to whoever mentioned the recession.....oh please.....have you not seen the free play area?

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL? : Why? Well do players who accrue a larger number of points not deserve something in return? Yes, there is the monthly cashback, weekly league freeroll. But thats it. The points are removed for the cashback bonus anyways. Players who gain more points deserve something. It doesn't matter if they make a living from poker or whether they have plenty of money. If you cannot see that then I give up. And to whoever mentioned the recession.....oh please.....have you not seen the free play area?
    Posted by michael900
    I agree that there should be somthing for the bigger players, but also something for the smaller ones too. Sky have so few freerolls compared to other sites. I was thinking maybe little freerolls for the smaller players of 30 points entry with obviously a smaller pot, but payouts start from 10th so it feels like something.

For bigger players like yourself, maybe have freerolls where its 500 points for £1000 prize pool?

And then maybe something in the middle also, like 100 to 200 points entry?

I just think it would be good if sky catered for all types of player, casual & pro.
  • edited July 2009
    can anybody tell me y  when you register for a tour the accept button is on top of the reject button.  also i don't no if  this has happened to you guys a girl but when am in a game the check ,raise , fold buttons wont work very strange .

billyboy67
  • edited July 2009
    hi billy , i had the same problem for a couple of days when i switched servers but it then dissapeared on its own. also on one ocassion i couldnt raise one hand.  have you switched ? i downloaded the new mozilla and couldnt get on the site atall.thats why i switched.  the day it stopped,i did log out and then in again. sorry,thats all i can tell you.hope you get it sorted soon.pillow.
  • edited July 2009
    hi billy , i had the same problem for a couple of days when i switched servers but it then dissapeared on its own. also on one ocassion i couldnt raise one hand.  have you switched ? i downloaded the new mozilla and couldnt get on the site atall.thats why i switched.  the day it stopped,i did log out and then in again. sorry,thats all i can tell you.hope you get it sorted soon.pillow.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    cheers pillowman / I'm on windows explorer xp .was going to switch to mozilla don't think i will now thanks . maybe ur right and it will sort its self out . not funny when u have to log out and back in again . any other help will be grateful .

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL? : I agree that there should be somthing for the bigger players, but also something for the smaller ones too. Sky have so few freerolls compared to other sites. I was thinking maybe little freerolls for the smaller players of 30 points entry with obviously a smaller pot, but payouts start from 10th so it feels like something. For bigger players like yourself, maybe have freerolls where its 500 points for £1000 prize pool? And then maybe something in the middle also, like 100 to 200 points entry? I just think it would be good if sky catered for all types of player, casual & pro.
    Posted by harvey22
    1 answer yes . i play on a few poker rooms and there are free rolls about every hour no points and some u do for the bigger prizes , but if you want the players to stay with sky then yes , free rolls are not just for the money it gives the not so well players get into playing mtts ..don't tell me sky cant afford it lol
  • edited July 2009
    hi billy,you could try the older version of mozilla. i have heard that several people had to switch back to older version.apart from sky poker there are atleast 2 other sites < NON POKER SITES> that i cant acess now. sky informed me that they will be upgrading to new mozzila soon. pillow.  

• edited July 2009
     Nice to see you did'nt find my comments on freerolls worth an airing;???. RIVER PIRATE
  • edited July 2009
    I think the title states it for itself Freeroll but yet your having to use your points to play??? for small prizes.. If possible the points could be used for sats to get access for big touneys like the opens or the bounty hunters and acutally have just freerolls. I my self play another poker site where freerolls are free but you can gain access if you do win to tourneys. Or you could exchange your points for cash/prizes as alot of people have acrued alot of points?? i have others.....
  • edited July 2009
       Hi,    Every one likes a free game for money   With regard the free rolls and the prize money and number of points required to enter.    Like me new players use the free roll as stepping stone to money games and multi tournos from free play  this helps to get used to real play conditions with out the mad all in merchants    The time of these free rolls was questionable and the prize money to,  but now the cost of entry from 10 points to 50 and 250 hurts the players like me    OK if your experienced and have lots of points , these players now find it worth while to play because the prize money makes it worth it .  This gives the likes of me no chance to win against top players.  The divide will grow and new players will lose heart and give up or leave sky    Have your free play for them no problem ,     but not at our expense put back the 10 point entry and let us all enjoy playing poker with sky.    The entry figures will prove which level is popular and keep both parties happy.  Your changes have gone from one extreme to the other pleasing one group alienating the other.   Anyone for or against my suggestions comments welcome ???? 
    Posted by goldon
    I agree with you on this one. I think there should be freerolls for us with low point entry, and bigger ones for the bigger players - something for everyone then.
  • edited July 2009
       Hi,    Every one likes a free game for money   With regard the free rolls and the prize money and number of points required to enter.    Like me new players use the free roll as stepping stone to money games and multi tournos from free play  this helps to get used to real play conditions with out the mad all in merchants    The time of these free rolls was questionable and the prize money to,  but now the cost of entry from 10 points to 50 and 250 hurts the players like me    OK if your experienced and have lots of points , these players now find it worth while to play because the prize money makes it worth it .  This gives the likes of me no chance to win against top players.  The divide will grow and new players will lose heart and give up or leave sky    Have your free play for them no problem ,     but not at our expense put back the 10 point entry and let us all enjoy playing poker with sky.    The entry figures will prove which level is popular and keep both parties happy.  Your changes have gone from one extreme to the other pleasing one group alienating the other.   Anyone for or against my suggestions comments welcome ???? 
    Posted by goldon
    Totally agree mate, I currently only play about 5-6 DYM's a day getting 5-6 poker points. I would love to have the 10 point entry back, The 50 points is way too much unless you play big money games.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Should there be more FREEROLLS on SKYPOKER and also FREEROLLS with a bigger prize pool?:
    Oh yea and also the freeroll on a wednesday night (£250 prizepool) used to be 4 times greater (£1000) why has this changed and should they change it back?
    Posted by Jimmy8
     i quite agree, i used to like playing in the wed 1000 freeroll and there should be more of them
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by goldon
    you have hit the nail on the head, i can understand y sky have done it though, however i  only gain mayb 5/10 points a day if im lucky, im starting to use another site as they seem to cater for the smaller player alot better, i dont expect anything for free but a little appreciation wouldnt go amiss..... i mean how many say £5 + dbl ya £ are played an hour compared to 60p+ dbl ya £..... wld be interesting to know the figures so surly sky are making more than the fair share from the smaller players
  • edited July 2009

THINK FREEROLLS SHOULD BE WHAT THEY SAY, FREE!!!!.WHY ARE THEY NOT:WHY DO U NEED POINTS?

• edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
    freerollers simple put some cash in ur acount n play properly
  • edited July 2009
    Mick, u cant help yourself can u :P
  • edited July 2009
    freerollers simple put some cash in ur acount n play properly
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Hi mick

I consider myself a fair player, my bankroll was down to £3.90 from £5.00, I the proceeded to win 1 tourney and finish second in one the day after, so must be doing something right, however varience as ususal kicks in and even though I have the best hands fate outdraws me, but thats poker even though yes I played properly for instance, In poss with AJ I raise 8XBB get 1 caller flop AJ4 Rainbow, I put my oponent on Poss AK AQ maybe AA or mid pair, so I raise he goes all in I still figure Im ahead and call, the cards go on there back, I have two pair Aces and Jacks he has Q 4 Off turn blank, river 4, now with the best will in the world when this continualy happens it dont take long for the bankroll to diminish again pdq there is nothing that can be done, but smile and carry on till its all gone or luck turns again, ususually the first.

Then where to go when you only have 35 points and the Freeroll is 50? you cant, you havewait till nect time you can put some money in and maybe, hopefully, possibly get some more points.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL? :    Yes did put the money in mick got the bank statement to prove it got shock I wasn't the great player I thought I was had to set monthly limit and I'm now on stop trying to use up poker points to get a game.  We all haven't got money to burn like you have. Forgot your roots now your in big league. I dont expect to go to Vegas but like value for my money when I play on line. Sky does listen if enough players speak up. 
    Posted by goldon
    lol lol lol click deposit funds n go from there guys n girls
  • edited August 2009
    i think it would give more encouragement to players if they could brush up their skills on freerolls before entering the cash tourneys and still have a bigger carrot after sitting for a couple of hours for few quid
  • edited August 2009
    Hi guys

I think tikay sums it up best in another thread, poker is for the people, not just for those with deep pockets, so come on sky let us smaller people have a freeroll we can afford.
  • edited August 2009
    wot freerolls they took the 10 points freerolls off
  • codcod
    edited August 2009
    In Response to SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    I think there are only 4 regular freerolls (£20 prizepool) throughout the day and the weekly £250 prizepool on a wednesday, shoulnt there be alot more freerolls for us loyal skypoker users? What does everybody think?...
    Posted by Jimmy8
    NO
  • edited August 2009
    have not even recieved my bonus money for july as yet which was as told by sky poker would hit the ist working day after july , so as far as freerolls go do i care
  • edited August 2009
    cud sky introduce buy in tournaments  many thanx crusher
  • edited August 2009
    Wow what a thread.

First of all, I would say Sky are doing a far..FAR better job of listening to their customers/community, and the recent changes to freerolls are generally I would think, very welcome.

To those posting outright disparaging comments to those needing freerolls..I mean come on...no need?

To balance it, there are certainly those on here looking for free payouts and using almost any excuse for self gain compared to community gain - which is what the freerolls are or should be about.

Neither extreme viewpoint usually works, and bear in mind Skypoker is a profit making business - not a charity.

Playing poker, while much fun, and certainly more skill based than other forms of gambling, it is still a gamble, and dependant on tourny, almost verging on bingo/lottery status. Freerolls certainly go into my lottery category.

Please, go a middle road and play poker for fun. Don't rely on freerolls to get you going, just think of them as a bonus. Freerolls are just a bit of fun and a lottery. If you get lucky so be it, but depending on them in order to actually play  - and then complain about them - just says to me you may want to think about whether you can afford to gamble in the first place.

Poker is fun, but never forget it is gambling, and only play what you can afford to lose.

Peace out.
  • edited August 2009
    Wow what a thread. First of all, I would say Sky are doing a far..FAR better job of listening to their customers/community, and the recent changes to freerolls are generally I would think, very welcome. To those posting outright disparaging comments to those needing freerolls..I mean come on...no need? To balance it, there are certainly those on here looking for free payouts and using almost any excuse for self gain compared to community gain - which is what the freerolls are or should be about. Neither extreme viewpoint usually works, and bear in mind Skypoker is a profit making business - not a charity. Playing poker, while much fun, and certainly more skill based than other forms of gambling, it is still a gamble, and dependant on tourny, almost verging on bingo/lottery status. Freerolls certainly go into my lottery category. Please, go a middle road and play poker for fun. Don't rely on freerolls to get you going, just think of them as a bonus. Freerolls are just a bit of fun and a lottery. If you get lucky so be it, but depending on them in order to actually play  - and then complain about them - just says to me you may want to think about whether you can afford to gamble in the first place. Poker is fun, but never forget it is gambling, and only play what you can afford to lose. Peace out.
    Posted by Draig

give this man an oscar, well said pal
  • edited August 2009
    The more freerolls the merrier!
  • edited August 2009
    what password for the community freeroll ?
  • edited August 2009
    Wednesdays used to be a £1000 freeroll, bring it back - Sky is a profit making organisation, tell me your not making profit and I will have sympathy!!

I got 3715 points accrued what can I spend them on???? - I am not playing for prize pools that dont meet the minimum wage requirements for a place. Penguin 7 mentioned he has 40,000 points - has he managed to spend them on anything yet?

Sky I know you are trying to get better but is it enough?? not for me as yet - try harder lol
    And TK i not forgiven you for busting my pp with your A Hi push lol