You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    can someone enlighten me as to why the bigger prize freerolls are private?how do i go about getting in to them?
  • edited July 2009
    Hi,
    I have just added a points sat to tonight's Penguin Bootcamp Qualifier which is 500 points to enter with 1 in 5 qualifying....

It is in the lobby now and starts at 3pm. Burn up some of your points and have a bit of fun....

All the best,

Bernie
  • edited July 2009
    This is good news bernie, excellent idea, more of these types of satelites would be good
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    Hi, I have just added a points sat to tonight's Penguin Bootcamp Qualifier which is 500 points to enter with 1 in 5 qualifying.... It is in the lobby now and starts at 3pm. Burn up some of your points and have a bit of fun.... All the best, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    have just qualified 4 ur b-camp qualifier.   " need a lot of good river cards, when im not fav thou, as fav on turn and river rarely win,  ?? " LOL
  • edited July 2009

i don't think they'll raise the amount back up, but they should do a freeroll satelitte in to one of the big tournaments like the five 00 or £15k. maybe 1 in 8 satelitte in?

that way, you'll at least have a chance at the big money...

• edited July 2009
     i think the advent of new freerolls is a good idea 
     there has been a culture not only from sky but
     other poker sites 2 blind u that there giving u a chance
     2 win free money we're as u put money in and play and
     earn poker points then if u play freeroll u have 2 use said
     poker points so in effect nothing for free come on we're
     not mugs
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    I think there are only 4 regular freerolls (£20 prizepool) throughout the day and the weekly £250 prizepool on a wednesday, shoulnt there be alot more freerolls for us loyal skypoker users? What does everybody think?...
    Posted by Jimmy8
     y should u accrue points 2 play in a free roll
     when the whole point of free-roll is 2 give 
     something back 2 players for there loyalty
     the show 2 the site instead of greedy poker
     sites taking a percent of the rake and not paying
     a lot for freerolls £40 a day is'nt a lot if u look
     at the amount thats taken in

• edited July 2009
    n Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    I would like to see some more freerolls, they give everyone a chance to win some cash
    Posted by Penguin09
    HEY !!!!  There is only room for one penguin in this fishtank !!!!!
    You freerollers have a good deal here ! Us guys who pay to play are funding your prizemoney
  • edited July 2009
    yeah why not reduce the number of daily freerolls but increasing the value and during the weekend have 2 or 3 big ones
  • edited July 2009
    I used to play on one site where you could cash in your poker points against poker merchandice, such as shirts, poker sets, cups etc.... 

Maybe skypoker could do something similar, if nothing else they might get even more people joining after someone see's me walking around with a skypoker shirt or drinking out of a skypoker mug at work.

I would like to see some larger freerolls though... always a nightmare playing for 2hours only to walk away with 18pence in prize money having eliminated 700 people... maybe link it to the number of players that want to play so its guarenteed at £20 for 200 players but if you get the full 1500 then its a prize pool of £500.  Just a thought
  • edited July 2009
    i think its silly about the freerool thing people that dont have 50 points to play big tables cant play at all, what about peope that like £20 freeroll or people that have no points to play big tables? thats unfair!!!
  • edited July 2009
    there were nearly 1.000 players in the freeroll last night. so me thinks  ...... would it be possible to have 2 freerolls running at the same time,one like before with 20 points entry and the other with 50 / 100 points entry. that way i reckon more people would have what they desire.
  • edited July 2009
    hi-des and all--well done i say-my first post on this subject was slightly sarcaustic, but the 20 quid freerolls really were a waste of space--you have shown now that you do listen to players views and i am genuinely impressed with this prompt and generous response
  • edited July 2009
    I'd just like to explain the PKR Freeroll system they have going down. I know for a fact PKR has a much greater budget than SkyPoker and they can afford to host many of these freerolls as frequently as they do, but I'm just putting them out there in list form as a brief outline as to what SkyPoker could offer in a smaller or less frequent scale.

PKR Freerolls:

Pot-Limit Omaha:

$10 Freeroll - No buy-in - Multiple Daily

No-Limit Hold'Em:

$10 Deep & Steep Freeroll - No buy-in - Multiple Daily

$20 Rebuy Feeroll - No buy-in - Multiple Daily

$50 Premium Freeroll - 50 PKR Point buy-in - Multiple Daily

$200 Premium Freeroll to 'The Aussie Classic $5k GTD' weekly tournament - 500 PKR Point buy-in - One Weekly

$250 Premium Freeroll - 500 PKR Point buy-in - Multiple Daily

$1,000 Premium Freeroll - 1,000 PKR Point buy-in - One Weekly

$10,000 Premium Freeroll - 25,000 PKR Point buy-in - One Monthly

Loyalty-Based Freerolls:

Based on your loyalty level which is gained by earning PKR Points:

Club PKR Member $1,000 Freeroll - Monthly

Club PKR Bronze $2,000 Freeroll - Monthly

Club PKR Silver $3,00 Freeroll - Monthly

Club PKR Gold+ $5,000 Freeroll - Monthly

Other Freerolls:

Restricted to players whose birthdays fall on the day of the freeroll or within the 7 previous days:

Club PKR $365 Birthday Freeroll - Weekly

Restricted to the monthly top 100 ranked Single Table Tournament players:

Sit & Go Rankings "Grand Slam 100" $1,500 Freeroll - Monthly

Restricted to the monthly top 500 ranked Single Table Tournament players:

Sit & Go Rankings "Grand Slam 500" $1,500 Freeroll - Monthly

Restricted to the monthly top 100 ranked Multi Table Tournament players:

MTT Rankings "Grand Slam 100" $1,500 Freeroll - Monthly

Restricted to the monthly top 500 ranked Multi Table Tournament players:

MTT Rankings "Grand Slam 500" $1,500 Freeroll - Monthly

Just a few guidelines to consider in terms of freeroll ideas.
    Manch

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    i think its silly about the freerool thing people that dont have 50 points to play big tables cant play at all, what about peope that like £20 freeroll or people that have no points to play big tables? thats unfair!!!
    Posted by jamieboi
    Boohoo.

So its not unfair that people that earn 1000-30000 points per month have not had anything decent to play all this time? ( and even with the new structure, 960 entrants for £100 prize pool prob still won't interest them )

Thats not too selfish of you.
  • edited July 2009
    Oh definetly, you put you money in you expect something out of it.

Obiviously the more you put in the more you get out.

Like maybe 20 points should be a £50

40 points £100

then 100 points £1000

Or something like that
  • edited July 2009
    It seems to me that there are an awful lot of freeloaders on this site. People that don't play any games that actually cost money, but expect to be able to play in plenty of free-rolls.

The amount of times I hear 'its not fair, I play on the free-play tables and I don't get anything'.

Well, ahem, why should you?

Sky poker is not a charity, and its players are certainly not going to be happy subsidising the leaches.

• edited July 2009
    I totally agree with everything you have just said there fella666. Hopefully they can make some changes to reward us skypoker players with bonuses which we deserve..
    Posted by Jimmy8

Maybe not even relevant anymore but the freerolls seems to have vanished?????????? booooooo : (  
  • edited July 2009
    Well they have put an end to this topic!

I'm beginning to think the value of this site has gone very much downhill, oh well it WAS good while it lasted!
    Alas other sites beckon...
  • edited July 2009
    I'm now up to over 8000 poker points and I'm still waiting for something to do with them. For example, regular freerolls with a 1000-point entry fee.
  • edited July 2009
    i think its sad that the free rolls have gone, and only one aday now thats 50 poker points, not every one earn that many aday. think there should put the free rolls BACK
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by jamieboi
    YES YOU ARE RIGHT AM WITH YOU ON THAT SKY ONLY LOOKING AFTER THE BIG PLAYERS
  • edited July 2009
    Its simple, if you do not earn 50 per day, then you will just have to play the freerolls every few days or less.

You had it too good for too long with those 10 pointers.

Now the rest get a turn.
  • edited July 2009
    y dont ppl deposit sum money instead freerollin. couldnt b any simpler
  • edited July 2009

Because this country breeds freeloaders like no other so its hardly surprising that people expect something for nothing.

My brother has approx 40,000 points. According to sharkscope he has paid nearly £8000 in rake to sky, its about time he had something which interests him, but even that is not likely with these freerolls, apart from the 250/ 500.

• edited July 2009
    Its a shame the larger players on this site don't seem to have the commen sense to read a news paper once in a while, but anyway I'll update you with what you've missed:

1) There is a recession on - yes thats, right people are out of work, budgets have been tightened.

2) Poker is one of the biggest growing hobbies in the world - some people play for leisure, others for a potential career

Basically with the freerolls, the normal everyday member of the public who doesn't have the funds to play big tournements was able to enjoy the fun of large tournement mtt poker, along the way we may even gain some experience, or even better make some money. 20 points to enter was affordable, as the small guys could accumulate that by still playing casually.
    Now I admit the money was low, but I think sky just needed to start payouts from no lower than 10th or 20th. The extra money is nice, but 50 points is near impossible for the smaller player to accumulate easily, so I think no more than 30 points is more realistic, but again the money may need to come down - just not as low as what it was.
    I know there have been large numbers entering the freerolls, but how many will enter when the smaller players points are gone?

Now I also do understand that alot of the bigger players have large amounts of points, so maybe start larger freerolls for those players, like 500 points entry to a £1000 freeroll?

That way with small & big freerolls everyone is kept happy. Come on sky!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Because this country breeds freeloaders like no other so its hardly surprising that people expect something for nothing. My brother has approx 40,000 points. According to sharkscope he has paid nearly £8000 in rake to sky, its about time he had something which interests him, but even that is not likely with these freerolls, apart from the 250/ 500.
    Posted by michael900
    So if you & your brother have that many points, and that much money to spend, why on earth are you both fussed about playing in a small money freeroll?
  • edited July 2009
    Its a shame the larger players on this site don't seem to have the commen sense to read a news paper once in a while, but anyway I'll update you with what you've missed: 1) There is a recession on - yes thats, right people are out of work, budgets have been tightened. 2) Poker is one of the biggest growing hobbies in the world - some people play for leisure, others for a potential career Basically with the freerolls, the normal everyday member of the public who doesn't have the funds to play big tournements was able to enjoy the fun of large tournement mtt poker, along the way we may even gain some experience, or even better make some money. 20 points to enter was affordable, as the small guys could accumulate that by still playing casually. Now I admit the money was low, but I think sky just needed to start payouts from no lower than 10th or 20th. The extra money is nice, but 50 points is near impossible for the smaller player to accumulate easily, so I think no more than 30 points is more realistic, but again the money may need to come down - just not as low as what it was. I know there have been large numbers entering the freerolls, but how many will enter when the smaller players points are gone? Now I also do understand that alot of the bigger players have large amounts of points, so maybe start larger freerolls for those players, like 500 points entry to a £1000 freeroll? That way with small & big freerolls everyone is kept happy. Come on sky!!!
    Posted by harvey22

hi harvey if u want 2 learn sumthin m8 u wont learn in a freeroller wen nearly every man and his dog r all in wiv any, if u wants sum points il give u sum if sum1 from sky can transfer u sum i dont mind, 

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL? : YES YOU ARE RIGHT AM WITH YOU ON THAT SKY ONLY LOOKING AFTER THE BIG PLAYERS
    Posted by SHEWAZ
    I agree with you guys too. I've posted an idea that hopefully pleases all parties. Lets hope sky actually listen to us for a change.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL? : hi harvey if u want 2 learn sumthin m8 u wont learn in a freeroller wen nearly every man and his dog r all in wiv any, if u wants sum points il give u sum if sum1 from sky can transfer u sum i dont mind, 
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Hi Mick,

Appreciate the thought, and I'm game if you are.

I was mainly trying to point out that I think sky need to offer somthing for everyone - small freerolls for smaller players, and maybe bigger freerolls for people like yourself with lots of points, like 500 points for £1000 freeroll. What do you think?