You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    I think there are only 4 regular freerolls (£20 prizepool) throughout the day and the weekly £250 prizepool on a wednesday, shoulnt there be alot more freerolls for us loyal skypoker users? What does everybody think?...
    Posted by Jimmy8
    YES PLEASE TO BIGGER FREEROLLS I HAVE OVER13000 POINTS CAN THEY BE CASHED IN OR USED IN REGULAR TORNAMENT ASWELL
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Should there be more FREEROLLS on SKYPOKER and also FREEROLLS with a bigger prize pool?:
    In Response to Should there be more FREEROLLS on SKYPOKER and also FREEROLLS with a bigger prize pool? : Hi Jimmy, you Ok? I think it's fair to say that Sky Poker do try very hard to look after their loyal players. News in today is that from June 1st, they have doubled some of the Cash for Points incentives. Details are here...... http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/ Everyone who plays on Sky Poker qualifies, you just have to Register.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay cmon mate there should be more freerolls for people because it gives people who are just joining a chance to get to learn some real poketr with money to win not just a fiver
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Should there be more FREEROLLS on SKYPOKER and also FREEROLLS with a bigger prize pool?:
    In Response to Re: Should there be more FREEROLLS on SKYPOKER and also FREEROLLS with a bigger prize pool? : Tikay cmon mate there should be more freerolls for people because it gives people who are just joining a chance to get to learn some real poketr with money to win not just a fiver
    Posted by Samson11
    Well I been playing sky poker a long time (mostly losing) but hey I have fun. The freerolls are a waste of time (£20 variety).

I am a bit disappointed with them, most other sites have better freerolls. I would have thought putting a £100 in would be no big deal and getting more in line with it beng worth a shot, and worth the time.
  • edited July 2009
    yes there should be bigger prize for winners in freerolls whats point in entering too win fiver for nearly 3hours playing poker ! stevosdad
  • edited July 2009
    Hi all i think you are all right.There  definately is not enough free rolls on this site.Why don't they set up freerolls which you can use yours poker points to play for real cash.
  • edited July 2009
    hey everybody i am recently new to skypoker and tbh i dnt  think i tickedthe box to recieve promotions for evample scratchcards with free bets etc if any body knows how to   change this please let mw know also can you change your poker name??? thanks for all your time

muller4life
  • edited July 2009
    when i first joined freeroll prizes used to be fifty pound ten am to 5.45 pm 7 oclock tornament used to be a hundred other sites offer bigger pots ???????
  • edited July 2009
    Hi, new player here (well to Sky Poker anyway) and I've just converted (I think), to this from Pokerstars. This is partly down to what I've seen on the TV Channel along with the differing games that Sky Poker offer, making the game that more interesting.

However I have noticed a smaller number of Freeroles, and Tables in general compared to Pokerstars, which is understandable due to Pokerstars being more commercially known than Skpoker.

I think increasing the number of Freeroles wouldn't be a bad idea, however I feel that the timing of them could be a bit more suitable to a busy day of working and what not. I'm currently waiting for one that starts at 00:00 which means if I reach the final table, then I could be potentially playing for 2 hours +.

Also as mentioned before the prizes aren't jumping out at me, which is a slight disappointment. Maybe if there were satellites given out to winners as well as money or... Just something different.

Anyway, that's my two pennies worth. Oh and I'd like to say hi to everyone out there, you'll be winning my money off me in no time, lol.

Ciao.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    I think there are only 4 regular freerolls (£20 prizepool) throughout the day and the weekly £250 prizepool on a wednesday, shoulnt there be alot more freerolls for us loyal skypoker users? What does everybody think?...
    Posted by Jimmy8
    yeah i agree the freerolls r a waste of time now
  • edited July 2009
    There should be better than £20 on offer, sky poker rakes in a huge amount of cash from all of us loyal users, surely they need to give us a chance to win some decent cash amounts, why don't the have a one off weekly tournament with players who enter tournaments totaling £50+ a week, as I spend about that a week and in turn they take a 10% fee, this would inhibit non loyal users playing, but only us loyal players would get the chance to compete and maybe win a decent amount, also just pay out to the top 10 players in this increasing the pot for these players. what dya all think?
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think it should be a case of "loyal users" getting a chance of winning good cash amounts, it should be open to every single person who uses the site, which will encourage more people to play here. That is why they are freerolls.

It is quite simple really, Sky make a load off us, and the freerolls stink. Up the money on them. Several other sites I use have far better offers.
  • edited July 2009
    yea more free rolls,baps scones ANYTHING FREE ill eat it
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    no way--definately not-- the 20 quid freerolls are the best thing ever invented on any poker site in the whole world ever!!--whoever thought of them should be promoted to managing director--seven hundred players fighting for a share of 20 quid is brilliant--the only possible way to improve on them would be to increase the time to 30 minute blind levels ---players could then forget about paying to enter silly 400 grtd tournaments altogether--fantastic!!!! well done sky!    ps-once i came 42nd and won 11 pence--i was so delighted with my 2 hours work i gave up my job and turned professional--i have never looked back since! why do people get up every flippin morning to go to work??--its just stupid --when all they have to do is open a sky account, save up a few valuable points and join the best players in the world on the sky freeroll tables!!!! unbelievable init?
    Posted by oynutter

This ones funny , its worth quoting so people who didnt see it get a chance ..lol
  • edited July 2009
    yeah i'd like to see a wee bit bigger prize pools but also (personally) i'd like to see freerolls costing 20 or 25 points and not just 10 !!
  • edited July 2009
    and what about freerolls with faster play ie 15 secind decision time
  • edited July 2009
    THEY SHOULD BE WORTH MORE BUT NO MORE THAN 4 A DAY THANKS PLAYING FOR OVER1H TO GET MYBE 17P NOT GOOD AT ALL
  • keokeo
    edited July 2009
    yer man more freerole whats happened on this site its gone to pot. you shouldhave freerolls for no poker players to enchance them into depositing.
  • edited July 2009
    The freerolls are going to be shaken up a bit in light of the feedback received from our players. 

We are going to test the following for a number of weeks and reassess views again at that point.  There is a limited budget available for freerolls; and I don't think we can make everyone happy, but here is what we are proposing:-

Monday - 7pm - £100 freeroll
    Tuesday - 7pm - £100 freeroll
    Wednesday - 7pm - £250 freeroll
    Thursday - 7pm - £100 freeroll
    Friday - 7pm - £500 freeroll
    Saturday - 4pm - £100 freeroll
    Saturday - 7pm - £100 freeroll
    Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll
    Sunday - 7pm - £100 freeroll
  • edited July 2009
    Well done Des & Sky that is much more reasonable.
  • edited July 2009
    Excellent News. Much Better. Thanks Guys.

• edited July 2009
    just read the trial set-up for the freerolls! Excellent idea but does this mean sky have been holding back on prize money? or will these improved amounts be made up from other tounys prizes?
  • edited July 2009
    totally agree with u jimmy, u collect shed loads of points and cannot do anything wiv them. 
    i isnt really worthwhile wasting 2-3 hrs for high limit players for a small prize pool.
    Sky poker should do one freeroll for a 1000 point buyin at the end of the month with a prize pool of £1000. 
    u could cut maybe one of ur daily £20 freerolls to raise the funds. 
    u could even sell some skypoker merchandise like at FTOP or stars
  • edited July 2009
    I would like to see some more freerolls, they give everyone a chance to win some cash
  • edited July 2009
    put sum cash in jeez how many freerolls do u want
  • edited July 2009
    result, good on you sky, keep the punters happy
  • edited July 2009
    I have acrued many points that I would like to use on free rolls.

20point a day is hardly eating into my8000.

Please put on regular 250 or 500. please please please
  • edited July 2009
    I think you're all right people. There should be more freerolls on this site.Your poker points just seem to accumilate because most of us cant be bothered to use a small amount of points to use in the £20 freeroll.

SORT IT OUT SKY. GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO US THE POKER PLAYERS WHO USE YOUR SITE.
  • edited July 2009
    any1 know the passwokrd for the community freeroll??
  • edited July 2009
    Have recently just joined sky poker, to be honest not a bad site at all. I do agree with you all, there should be higher paid freerolls and i think (Sky des) has done a good job in giving you most of your demands lol (; i do also think we should get some promo gear lots of sites do it and a... smart card protecter or a pack of cards would be ideal for all the money we loose at the cash tables lol. PKR do very nice hoodies with there name in the corner on and you can buy them for collecting points of the cash games. i am not saying you need to have things to buy like mini's and plazma tele's and that, lol like alot of sites do, because i understand your not as big as them sites at the mo no disrespect intended. But over all not a bad site (: