You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    Hi Jimmy.  The added time question was under discussion in another thread and it's largely the fact that we look to get the Open finished within the 3 hour TV schedule that determines the amount of time given to players.  Good decison, bad decision, what do you think?
    Posted by Sky_Des

I think that this is a reasonable decision and personally I like the ammount of time givien however for larger bets (percentage wise to the total chip stack) it would be great to have a option for extra time that gets higher and higher the larger the bet (particuarly useful in tourney play). Just something to think about but a very admirable feature that other sites use but naturally Sky Poker is still the best!
  • edited June 2009
    no 20 quid freerolls with 600 players r great,my heart is always pumping near bubble to win 4p or nothing at all,and the wed £250 freeroll is way better than when it was 1k freeroll, nothing wrong with sky poker freerolls there great
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    haha too true JPDERRY! 5p for an hours graft not worth it. How many points does everyone actually have saved up then? Grimstar30? Gills? Are we talking thousands?
    Posted by Jimmy8
    well i have 12k points b4 the points for cash promo,so its still about 12k i have,i also used about 10k points on primo sats they used to do,and i am only a mtt player
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL? : well i have 12k points b4 the points for cash promo,so its still about 12k i have,i also used about 10k points on primo sats they used to do,and i am only a mtt player
    Posted by JPDERRY
    think how many points gerard9 and pokerbcity has
  • edited June 2009
    I started playing poker only three weeks ago and I enjoy playing the freerolls.  However, I agree with most of the suggestions put forward for improving the prize structure and tournament frequency.  Doubling the prize money on all freerolls, but reducing the number of winning places to, say, 25, would make the time and mental effort spent playing more rewarding. 

I'd also like to see the last freeroll moved forward to around 10.30 or 11.00, or at least another one added at this time.  I work from 8.00am to 6pm, so by the time I get home I can just catch the 7.00pm game, but the midnight tournament is too late for me I'm afraid!  The Wednesday night 'big one' is just nicely timed.

Incidentally, I totally agree with Edkent123.  The early stages of a freeroll are a lottery at times with the 2-7 all-in players.  Although they're usually easy to see off, I much prefer the more thoughtful type.
  • edited June 2009

less bad beats would help too many on this site
    did get a tea shirt large and i am 4x so it is a duster
  • edited June 2009
    i would like to see a once a mounth freeroll that top 3 go into a [eg]bh/sat/vol/ and so on
  • edited June 2009
    As i won the old £1000 freeroll it was worth my while as i got £200.00 for coming 1st out of 893 players ! But now the Wednesday night one is only £60 for 1st and is hardly worth the effort!Bring back the £1000 freeroll and i'm sure everyone will agree!
    scaraman18
  • edited June 2009
    I think 4 freerolls in one day is enough. I would like to see something else to use the points, for example, entry into sit n gos and tournaments.  cheers Piva 

• edited June 2009
    hi  des  understand  what  your  saying  so y cant  u start  the  open  and the other live tourneys  earleyer
  • edited June 2009
    Hi All, I have an idea that the suits should look at!! Freeroll Bounty tour, so we all can have the chance of getting something for freeroll events even if we dont make it into the cash payouts. THis way more people can get the chance too play bounty events, help increase there bankrole. Tikay, have a chat with suits and if they find it of interest with good prize money no harm in giving it a go. Thanks ChubChaser
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    I think there are only 4 regular freerolls (£20 prizepool) throughout the day and the weekly £250 prizepool on a wednesday, shoulnt there be alot more freerolls for us loyal skypoker users? What does everybody think?...
    Posted by Jimmy8

i think that you are correct in what you are saying if this point could be taken more into account with the sky poker team this would be great, please give us more free rolls with bigger prizepools
    thanks
    roy
  • edited June 2009
    Hi All, I have an idea that the suits should look at!! Freeroll Bounty tour, so we all can have the chance of getting something for freeroll events even if we dont make it into the cash payouts. THis way more people can get the chance too play bounty events, help increase there bankrole. Tikay, have a chat with suits and if they find it of interest with good prize money no harm in giving it a go. Thanks ChubChaser
    Posted by ChubChaser
    this is a good one too i thought about this my self freerooll for like 100 pound but like a bounty hunter and so manyt player like maximum of 500 players be good thanks
    roy :)
  • edited June 2009
    Definitely agree with a Skypoker merchandise store where you can trade your points for goods. Some American site did it with pokerchips, caps etc. I've been playing Skypoker since it first started and accumulated over 40k worth of points which would take me 3 lifetimes to get through on the freerolls. Better reward for the loyal players please. 

Cheers 
  • edited June 2009

A lot of people seem to have a lot of poker points building up. Apart from earning monthly bonuses they are pretty much redundant. Only very occasionally can they be used for anything constructive like for satellites into tournaments etc. Can Sky please set up a regular system for use of poker points such as entry into tournaments or exchange them for cash or prizes?

What does everyone else think?

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Should there be more FREEROLLS on SKYPOKER and also FREEROLLS with a bigger prize pool?:
    In Response to Should there be more FREEROLLS on SKYPOKER and also FREEROLLS with a bigger prize pool? : Hi Jimmy, you Ok? I think it's fair to say that Sky Poker do try very hard to look after their loyal players. News in today is that from June 1st, they have doubled some of the Cash for Points incentives. Details are here...... http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/ Everyone who plays on Sky Poker qualifies, you just have to Register.
    Posted by Tikay10
    CASH FOR POINTS IS GR8 BUT I AM SAT HERE WITH 7800 POINTS AND CAN ONLY USE 80 PER DAY . . . .AND ONLY IF I GIVE UP WORK . . . . . .Y NOT HAVE SOME GOOD QUALITY MERCHANDISE LIKE CHIP SETS OR CARDS THAT WE COULD SWAP SOME POINTS FOR? . . .GOT SENT A V NICE DEALER BUTTON LAST MONTH THAT SORT OF QUALITY WOULD BE GOOD, OH YEAH AND MORE FREEROLLS PLEEESE . . FOR BIGGER POTS
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to SHOULD THERE BE MORE FREEROLLS ON SKYPOKER AND ALSO FREEROLLS WITH A BIGGER PRIZE POOL?:
    I think there are only 4 regular freerolls (£20 prizepool) throughout the day and the weekly £250 prizepool on a wednesday, shoulnt there be alot more freerolls for us loyal skypoker users? What does everybody think?...
    Posted by Jimmy8
    THEY BORE ME ..800 runners to win a lady />>>> no thx
  • edited July 2009
    Having accrued so many poker points  and with so few low point freerolls , it will take me many many months to use them up. 

So how about a  monthly hi stakes points freeroll say 500 pt entry limited to 500 players for £500 prize pool SKY,  

Also what every happened to the STT (winner takes all entry into a featured MTT) that used to eat up hundred of player points, and give regular low stakes players the chance to take on the big boys and find a rising STAR player from the SKY community,  who cant fork out the higher buy ins -- ANY thoughts ppl
  • edited July 2009
    bigger prise deffo
  • edited July 2009
    Hi ridley01 here, hope you lot have enjoyed my cash in the sunnnnshiiiiine.  Now then what do i do with these points????  4,000 of the dirty wee blighters.....

Never had a frebee in my life any of you buggxxx decoded this phnomenon yet?!
  • edited July 2009
    Freerolls are good, I reckon we could do with an extra one added at either 9pm, or 10pm in the evening. More money would be nice as it does feel like your doing alot of work for peanuts. On full tilt the top 27 places are paid, $2 being the minimum payout, it would be good to see more money in the freerolls on sky. Maybe start payouts for top 20, money starting from £0.50 or £1.00?
  • edited July 2009

I think what we need is another free-roll which is a £50-£100 one but only runs once a day, then you have 3 levels the £20 ones all day £50-£100 once a day and weekly ones aswell.

• edited July 2009
    Did anyone else get a skypoker T-shirt through the post?? I didnt get one
    Posted by Jimmy8
    yep royal blue with the logo skypoker, in addition to your earlier question about the scrath cards i havent recieved one of thoses for about 4 months or more, all i get is promotions about skyvegas,err hello, i dont play the slots that often, mainly play poker, i my opion skypoker are making you earn your rewards by collecting 500 poker points for a fiver, hence the lack of scrath cards.  
  • edited July 2009
    I agree with fella666 about to many freerolls during the day. Why not cut one out and share the money between the remaining freerolls.
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Jimmy8
    YES I TOTALLY AGREE THERE SHUD B MORE FREEROLLS MORE THAN £20
  • edited July 2009
    fair enough could be more freerolls on sky poker with bigger prize pots but to be fair its really embarrasing when ur making a fuss get a grip on book into the FIVE OO on thursday nite and test ur self against the best and not the 2 bob poker players in freerolls
  • edited July 2009
    jimmy8 i understand if u have a limit to play with every 2 weeks m8 from ur man fae ciro(giro) tell u what have a wee break for couple weeks and save up have a bigga poker pot to play with and froget about freerolls m8
  • edited July 2009
    Did anyone else get a skypoker T-shirt through the post?? I didnt get one
    Posted by Jimmy8

no i did not wish sky would send me 1 out would love 2 show it off in the city of bath SKY POKER large plz

• edited July 2009
    hi jimmy8  ur becoming a pain in da behind ur submitting all sorts of post freerolls to free bets ur a classic m8 if ur after freebets join all the other bookmakers and take advantage of free bets they have and stop annoying sky poker uve no chance of a free bet they look at ur poker history in ere and u dont qualify for a free bet so please stop now and just enjoy ur £20 freerolls m8
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Jimmy8
    Yes. No question.