You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

AL's BAR

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Welcome TheMadMonk xxx
  • Options
    edited May 2017
      Barman.... "Snowball" for Paige please.     She's just found out the Bully Boys have no Snowball's.!  (or manners)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I pretty much think we could be described as assassins paige
    Oh my goodness ��
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR:
    I pretty much think we could be described as assassins paige Oh my goodness ��
    Posted by samantha25

We're nice enough really Paige but will Always defend our own. Glad to see you didn't Actually leave ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
      Barman.... "Snowball" for Paige please.     She's just found out the Bully Boys have no Snowball's.!  (or manners)
    Posted by goldon

Erm.... Bully GIRLS and Boys pls!!!!!! Jeeeez... Can't even get an insult right............ LOL!!!!!! Wanted to do laugh emojis but not sure they work... shall try anyways.... here goes...... are you ready?........... ��������������������������
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    TASHAL goldon is my friend like you said we stand up for our own if you wish take me on but I will make sure we are both banned from sky poker I have tried to make amends but you do not seem to want to
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR : We're nice enough really Paige but will Always defend our own. Glad to see you didn't Actually leave ;)
    Posted by TASHAL

Irony ��������
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    TASHAL goldon is my friend like you said we stand up for our own if you wish take me on but I will make sure we are both banned from sky poker I have tried to make amends but you do not seem to want to
    Posted by paige55
    Paige... We don't have to be friends, nor do we have to argue. I have no more to say...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ive only come in to use the loo.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ive only come in to use the loo.
    Posted by chilling
    Make sure to wash your hands after! ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
     "Trish" nice to see you're looking after the stray Dogs.  Woof!   How to win friends & influence.   Alan is keeping his head down ......... understandably ?

Your Snowball will have to wait.!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
     "Trish" nice to see you're looking after the stray Dogs.  Woof!   How to win friends & influence.   Alan is keeping his head down ......... understandably ? Your Snowball will have to wait.!
    Posted by goldon

Just viewing the going ons in my 'freindly' Bar Goldon.

The dogs of war have landed in my premises trying to cause trouble. No one can dare comment on their outcast team thread, but ironicly their team members call everyone else trolls and bullies when in fact their whole set up is in fact a mirror of what they try to attack.

Snowball and your drink on the house Sir. Trust me...ignore is the best policy.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    YES Alan I did read page 5 on there thread ):) It told me all I needed to no. This will be my last post on the subject your so right I will just ignore them regards paige. It took  me about 2 hours to read through the whole thread and i found what i was looking for :):)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Paige, Goldon,Maxally

in the last few posts alone you've likened us to stray dogs, and called us outcasts. Recently we've been labelled trolls and bullies..

You bait, you push, you Want the response, and when you get it you start using our words of defense against us.

I don't know why you do this... I mean i Know my vicey dumped one of you, one i wouldnt let join, and the last.... erm.... waggles little finger and aims to Not get banned ;)

Anyways...

Somewhere in the world of tinternet is a quote about arguing with idiots. I don't care enough to find it....

Just stop it now. Its gone too far and i am so damn sick of logging on to see my team baited and ridiculed. This is supposed to be a bloody Community! Just give it a damn rest.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Fire Fighters ....... fight Fire with Fire.  It works because clearing the area (by controlling the fire) means the Fire burns it's self out.    I enjoyed the Fire while it lasted had Fun plus nice warm feeling.  Happy to pat down the Ashes ...... but think........Children that play with matches must be supervised.  ?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Paige, Goldon,Maxally in the last few posts alone you've likened us to stray dogs, and called us outcasts. Recently we've been labelled trolls and bullies.. You bait, you push, you Want the response, and when you get it you start using our words of defense against us. I don't know why you do this... I mean i Know my vicey dumped one of you, one i wouldnt let join, and the last.... erm.... waggles little finger and aims to Not get banned ;)Anyways... Somewhere in the world of tinternet is a quote about arguing with idiots. I don't care enough to find it.... Just stop it now. Its gone too far and i am so damn sick of logging on to see my team baited and ridiculed. This is supposed to be a bloody Community! Just give it a damn rest.
    Posted by TASHAL
    "They'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience". One of my favourites :D

Anyways, as you seem to want to talk about bullying so much...

1) The claims of being "bullied" are BS, frankly. If people make comments such as those on the "Women can't play Poker" thread a while back which perpetuate the casual misogyny that exists within society, then 'sorry' but people are going to call you out on it because it's not the 1960s any more. Society has moved on from that. I don't care if it's someone who I consider a friend or a random person on the internet who I've never met before, I'm not going to just allow that to happen and not call people out on it. And a large number of people outside of the group who you ridiculously consider to be 'bullies' would suggest that those 'bullies' were in fact justified in doing so, certainly not bullying at all.

2) A majority of people holding different values to you and expressing their discontent with your views doesn't make them bullies. If the ability to consider alternate points of view and accept the possibility that you might be wrong is beyond your comprehension, and all you can do is play the "I'm being bullied" card instead, then I genuinely feel sorry for you.

To be clear, I'm not asking you to agree with me (or anyone else) on that matter, but to not even consider their viewpoint or defend your own, instead choosing to label everyone who disagrees with you as 'trolls' or 'bullies', that's pitiful.

3) As for subsequent stuff, I quote Paige in the now locked thread:

"lets watch out for the bullys who will try and take you down they have not posted yet"

"Sorry rover for my kind of welcome but goldon got such a back lash for even daring to mention hot pants that young girls wore in the 70,s"

The constant baiting of people who condemned Goldon's opinions is far more akin to bullying than anything that anybody else has done in looking to debate Goldon's views. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

4) To pick on a group (Outlaws in this case) based on your dislike of a handful of members does you no favours. Whilst you may have your differences with a handful of people in the team, there's also plenty of guys who you are slagging off for absolutely no reason - Hence I am making the effort to post this.

"ironicly their team members call everyone else trolls and bullies when in fact their whole set up is in fact a mirror of what they try to attack"

This is a perfect example. "Their team members" - i.e. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE TEAM. Including the majority who never asked to be labelled and condemned, and are treated as such not for their actions, but for their choice of friends.

I know what a team of trolls and bullies looks like; the members of Outlaws are anything but.

Yes, you may not like Tash, Sam, Hhy, and others, and they may not like you. Fair enough, I couldn't care less, it's nothing to do with me. I'll decide who I like and dislike for myself, as will everyone else in the team. As soon as you start dragging innocent people into your grudge with those people, by labelling a group of 30+ people based on your issues with a minority within that group, then you're crossing a line. 

"I don't like Outlaws because they're run by Sam/Tash" is kindergarten BS. Whatever problems you have with Sam et al, are between you and those guys exclusively. Leave other team members out of it, please, particularly those who have done no harm to you, which I suspect is the vast majority.

5) Goldon/Paige, this is a POKER forum. I think you'd find people more welcoming if
    - More than 1% of your posts were about Poker,
    - More than 1% of your posts are coherent, and
    - More than a handful of your lifetime forum posts are worth reading as a result.

Off topic stuff in The Rail, that's fine. I'll just not click it.

Off topic gibberish derailing what few decent threads there are nowadays in Poker Chat, will kill the forum. Like others say (e.g. SJSpanky, who isn't one of your 'bullies'), the whole "Ehehehe look at me post rubbish oh silly me!" routine is tiresome for the vast majority. As my Poker friendship group consists of more than just the people you label as 'bullies', I've heard this discussed by others within the community, and I know many who feel the same way.

By all means, post whatever in-jokes and general off topic stuff you want in the rail, but for the love of God please stop derailing the few worthwhile Poker Chat threads to do so. (@Sky please moderate that more strictly, thanks)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR : "They'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience". One of my favourites :D Anyways, as you seem to want to talk about bullying so much... 1) The claims of being "bullied" are BS, frankly. If people make comments such as those on the "Women can't play Poker" thread a while back which perpetuate the casual misogyny that exists within society, then 'sorry' but people are going to call you out on it because it's not the 1960s any more. Society has moved on from that. I don't care if it's someone who I consider a friend or a random person on the internet who I've never met before, I'm not going to just allow that to happen and not call people out on it. And a large number of people outside of the group who you ridiculously consider to be 'bullies' would suggest that those 'bullies' were in fact justified in doing so, certainly not bullying at all. 2) A majority of people holding different values to you and expressing their discontent with your views doesn't make them bullies. If the ability to consider alternate points of view and accept the possibility that you might be wrong is beyond your comprehension, and all you can do is play the "I'm being bullied" card instead, then I genuinely feel sorry for you. To be clear, I'm not asking you to agree with me (or anyone else) on that matter, but to not even consider their viewpoint or defend your own, instead choosing to label everyone who disagrees with you as 'trolls' or 'bullies', that's pitiful. 3) As for subsequent stuff, I quote Paige in the now locked thread: " lets watch out for the bullys who will try and take you down they have not posted yet" " Sorry rover for my kind of welcome but goldon got such a back lash for even daring to mention hot pants that young girls wore in the 70,s" The constant baiting of people who condemned Goldon's opinions is far more akin to bullying than anything that anybody else has done in looking to debate Goldon's views. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 4) To pick on a group (Outlaws in this case) based on your dislike of a handful of members does you no favours. Whilst you may have your differences with a handful of people in the team, there's also plenty of guys who you are slagging off for absolutely no reason - Hence I am making the effort to post this. "ironicly their team members call everyone else trolls and bullies when in fact their whole set up is in fact a mirror of what they try to attack" This is a perfect example. "Their team members" - i.e. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE TEAM. Including the majority who never asked to be labelled and condemned, and are treated as such not for their actions, but for their choice of friends. I know what a team of trolls and bullies looks like; the members of Outlaws are anything but. Yes, you may not like Tash, Sam, Hhy, and others, and they may not like you. Fair enough, I couldn't care less, it's nothing to do with me. I'll decide who I like and dislike for myself, as will everyone else in the team. As soon as you start dragging innocent people into your grudge with those people, by labelling a group of 30+ people based on your issues with a minority within that group, then you're crossing a line.  "I don't like Outlaws because they're run by Sam/Tash" is kindergarten BS. Whatever problems you have with Sam et al, are between you and those guys exclusively. Leave other team members out of it, please, particularly those who have done no harm to you, which I suspect is the vast majority. 5) Goldon/Paige, this is a  POKER  forum. I think you'd find people more welcoming if - More than 1% of your posts were about Poker, - More than 1% of your posts are coherent, and - More than a handful of your lifetime forum posts are worth reading as a result. Off topic stuff in The Rail, that's fine. I'll just not click it. Off topic gibberish derailing what few decent threads there are nowadays in Poker Chat, will kill the forum. Like others say (e.g. SJSpanky, who isn't one of your 'bullies'), the whole "Ehehehe look at me post rubbish oh silly me!" routine is tiresome for the vast majority. As my Poker friendship group consists of more than just the people you label as 'bullies', I've heard this discussed by others within the community, and I know many who feel the same way. By all means, post whatever in-jokes and general off topic stuff you want in the rail, but for the love of God please stop derailing the few worthwhile Poker Chat threads to do so. (@Sky please moderate that more strictly, thanks)
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Stick a label on the Person and you have you're answer.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR : "They'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience". One of my favourites :D Anyways, as you seem to want to talk about bullying so much... 1) The claims of being "bullied" are BS, frankly. If people make comments such as those on the "Women can't play Poker" thread a while back which perpetuate the casual misogyny that exists within society, then 'sorry' but people are going to call you out on it because it's not the 1960s any more. Society has moved on from that. I don't care if it's someone who I consider a friend or a random person on the internet who I've never met before, I'm not going to just allow that to happen and not call people out on it. And a large number of people outside of the group who you ridiculously consider to be 'bullies' would suggest that those 'bullies' were in fact justified in doing so, certainly not bullying at all. 2) A majority of people holding different values to you and expressing their discontent with your views doesn't make them bullies. If the ability to consider alternate points of view and accept the possibility that you might be wrong is beyond your comprehension, and all you can do is play the "I'm being bullied" card instead, then I genuinely feel sorry for you. To be clear, I'm not asking you to agree with me (or anyone else) on that matter, but to not even consider their viewpoint or defend your own, instead choosing to label everyone who disagrees with you as 'trolls' or 'bullies', that's pitiful. 3) As for subsequent stuff, I quote Paige in the now locked thread: " lets watch out for the bullys who will try and take you down they have not posted yet" " Sorry rover for my kind of welcome but goldon got such a back lash for even daring to mention hot pants that young girls wore in the 70,s" The constant baiting of people who condemned Goldon's opinions is far more akin to bullying than anything that anybody else has done in looking to debate Goldon's views. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 4) To pick on a group (Outlaws in this case) based on your dislike of a handful of members does you no favours. Whilst you may have your differences with a handful of people in the team, there's also plenty of guys who you are slagging off for absolutely no reason - Hence I am making the effort to post this. "ironicly their team members call everyone else trolls and bullies when in fact their whole set up is in fact a mirror of what they try to attack" This is a perfect example. "Their team members" - i.e. EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE TEAM. Including the majority who never asked to be labelled and condemned, and are treated as such not for their actions, but for their choice of friends. I know what a team of trolls and bullies looks like; the members of Outlaws are anything but. Yes, you may not like Tash, Sam, Hhy, and others, and they may not like you. Fair enough, I couldn't care less, it's nothing to do with me. I'll decide who I like and dislike for myself, as will everyone else in the team. As soon as you start dragging innocent people into your grudge with those people, by labelling a group of 30+ people based on your issues with a minority within that group, then you're crossing a line.  "I don't like Outlaws because they're run by Sam/Tash" is kindergarten BS. Whatever problems you have with Sam et al, are between you and those guys exclusively. Leave other team members out of it, please, particularly those who have done no harm to you, which I suspect is the vast majority. 5) Goldon/Paige, this is a  POKER  forum. I think you'd find people more welcoming if - More than 1% of your posts were about Poker, - More than 1% of your posts are coherent, and - More than a handful of your lifetime forum posts are worth reading as a result. Off topic stuff in The Rail, that's fine. I'll just not click it. Off topic gibberish derailing what few decent threads there are nowadays in Poker Chat, will kill the forum. Like others say (e.g. SJSpanky, who isn't one of your 'bullies'), the whole "Ehehehe look at me post rubbish oh silly me!" routine is tiresome for the vast majority. As my Poker friendship group consists of more than just the people you label as 'bullies', I've heard this discussed by others within the community, and I know many who feel the same way. By all means, post whatever in-jokes and general off topic stuff you want in the rail, but for the love of God please stop derailing the few worthwhile Poker Chat threads to do so. (@Sky please moderate that more strictly, thanks)
    Posted by EvilPingu

:) You are Rather awesome Mr Pingu. Hopefully see you in July! Xx

• Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR : Stick a label on the Person and you have you're answer.
    Posted by goldon
    The pseudo-intellectual gibberish doesn't have the same effect when you use the wrong 'your'. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: AL's BAR : The pseudo-intellectual gibberish doesn't have the same effect when you use the wrong 'your'. Just sayin'.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    drops mic
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well said Tash. 

Pingu, that's one of the most eloquent posts I've seen on this forum in a long time. Also your correction of 'you're' made me spit my tea out laughing which worried the dogs as they thought I was having a fit or something.

As a card carrying member of The Outlaws I can categorically state that none of them are bullies. They can and do enjoy some banter, which can occasionally get a little raucous but it's nothing to lose any sleep about.

p.s. Mine's a pint of bitter
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    ( Your ) all Drunks taking advantage of Al's hospitality  ..... You are right it's all about B's

Bullies Bullying Bullies makes it Banter.    Love is all around if you marry a Plump Girl in Hot Pants.!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    All publicity is good publicity.Nice weather today, innit.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I wasn't going to post, mainly because I think EvilPingu said everything and more i could have thought of and much better.

Having giving it some thought I am just popping in here to endorse what he said.

You may have a different view, I don't know. You may genuinely believe that Outlaws are bullies and you are the victims of bullying. I really don't see it that way myself.

I am an Outlaw and I have found them a welcoming, friendly and entertaining bunch of people. Above all I am a poker enthusiast and a big supporter of the forum and the opportunity it affords us to communicate with sky directly and reach out and make friends across the virtual felt.

We can't all be friends but when I see insults, goading attempts etc filling forum threads it really brings me down.

All I would ask is that we try and keep ALL posts in the main poker chat section positive, PLEASE and ideally on the topic of poker.

The forum and community spirit brought me to sky and keep me here but when I see regular contributors like Jac stop posting that makes me sad.

I don't know Irish Rover but he seems a nice bloke and well liked. It seems a shame his welcome got derailed.

My biggest worry through about all of this is that will turn off Tikay from supporting the community. We really are lucky to have him as the link between the community and the "suits" and he puts a lot of effort into that, even to the detriment of his own bank balance and enjoyment sometimes when he tries to fire fight rogue threads while mutli-tabling.

He has just had a health scare and he may be reevaluating what he wants to do and how to keep stress out of his life. 

Reading between the lines the forum hangs in the balance, it could receive some much needed investment in the s/w but I think that is unlikely if it does not get back to being a positive place.

I do not and cannot speak for Tikay so the above is my take. But I will leave you with Tikay's own words in IrishRovers thread...

"The Forum is badly in need of good posters right now, the last 4 to 6 weeks have seen ridiculous squabbling & it's killing the place."

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I wasn't going to post, mainly because I think EvilPingu said everything and more i could have thought of and much better. Having giving it some thought I am just popping in here to endorse what he said. You may have a different view, I don't know. You may genuinely believe that Outlaws are bullies and you are the victims of bullying. I really don't see it that way myself. I am an Outlaw and I have found them a welcoming, friendly and entertaining bunch of people. Above all I am a poker enthusiast and a big supporter of the forum and the opportunity it affords us to communicate with sky directly and reach out and make friends across the virtual felt. We can't all be friends but when I see insults, goading attempts etc filling forum threads it really brings me down. All I would ask is that we try and keep ALL posts in the main poker chat section positive, PLEASE and ideally on the topic of poker. The forum and community spirit brought me to sky and keep me here but when I see regular contributors like Jac stop posting that makes me sad. I don't know Irish Rover but he seems a nice bloke and well liked. It seems a shame his welcome got derailed. My biggest worry through about all of this is that will turn off Tikay from supporting the community. We really are lucky to have him as the link between the community and the "suits" and he puts a lot of effort into that, even to the detriment of his own bank balance and enjoyment sometimes when he tries to fire fight rogue threads while mutli-tabling. He has just had a health scare and he may be reevaluating what he wants to do and how to keep stress out of his life.  Reading between the lines the forum hangs in the balance, it could receive some much needed investment in the s/w but I think that is unlikely if it does not get back to being a positive place. I do not and cannot speak for Tikay so the above is my take. But I will leave you with Tikay's own words in IrishRovers thread... " The Forum is badly in need of good posters right now, the last 4 to 6 weeks have seen ridiculous squabbling & it's killing the place."
    Posted by Phantom66
    Nice Post & so was Pingu's  "War & Peace"  sure Al's Bar was never about War ...... Drinks only ?  we all would drink to "Peace"    ?

• Options
    edited May 2017
    great post phantom (im not an outlaw btw) tho do get along ok with the few i know. Think this has all got a bit blown out of proportion. We are all here to have a bit o fun n play some poker. I dont post much in the forum tho am a regular reader and like a bit of an argument but it would be a real disaster for sky and the community if the petty arguments led to the demise of the forum.
    So guess what im sayin is lets all play nice eh ?

(bit like tash ive had a few tonight ( tho not had 1 in Als bar yet ) so apologies if im just ramblin.

Anyway gl all n run golden
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    All publicity is good publicity.Nice weather today, innit.
    Posted by chilling
     Chilled Beer for ...Chill ...... Barman ...... I'm of to the Garden to pull the heads off all the Dandelion's.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

WOW.....have a Sunday off to visit a sick relative and every Tom, Richard and Harry has been in. 

I aint going to answer the would be mini politicians coming on here giving it the large one. Amazing how many others have dropped in to have their say too.....pity some of these didnt contribute before. The Forum will be dead soon. The fun has been taken away. The place has been taken over by goaders and wind up merchants....and more recently, saddos who 'run to teacher' to tell tales.  

Whilst I was playing in the Team Apat Championship earlier this year, I was given some great advice by some wise folk. Ignore the haters. I have taken this on board and now spend less time on here. In real life, some of the goaders would have been launched out of a window/door by now anyway. 

I will continue to ignore and try and have fun in here. Stay out if you have a problem. Sorted.

Free drinks for any regulars I have left. Cheers. 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Your pub and I'll stay out if you want, although to be fair we were invited in by one of your regulars.

Recent posts were made here to avoid another derailment of the Poker Chat section which is where most people read and post.

I am trying to keep the forum a positive place,

If we just moan about how bad it is without doing anything positive ourselves then we are part of the problem.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    WOW.....have a Sunday off to visit a sick relative and every Tom, Richard and Harry has been in.  I aint going to answer the would be mini politicians coming on here giving it the large one. Amazing how many others have dropped in to have their say too.....pity some of these didnt contribute before. The Forum will be dead soon. The fun has been taken away. The place has been taken over by goaders and wind up merchants....and more recently, saddos who 'run to teacher' to tell tales.   Whilst I was playing in the Team Apat Championship earlier this year, I was given some great advice by some wise folk. Ignore the haters. I have taken this on board and now spend less time on here. In real life, some of the goaders would have been launched out of a window/door by now anyway.  I will continue to ignore and try and have fun in here. Stay out if you have a problem. Sorted. Free drinks for any regulars I have left. Cheers. 
    Posted by MAXALLY

I assume the irony isn't lost on you?

Also, if you continually claim to ignore people then you kinda need to, you know, ignore them....instead of making references to them all the time. You're not really ignoring them if you're (or is it your?) always mentioning them.

Might as well have a bitter whilst I'm here. Cheers, barkeep.