You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

------ A PAIN IN THE CASH!!! -------

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Cheers rock. No never managed. Stopped for a few days. Trying again soon. Just keep making an excuse not too at the min. 

Wife telling me too as the  cigarette money was too pay for the car and the new couch now lol. So have too pull the finger out.

Decorating went well. Second coat on last night so just the wallpaper to go up.
    Miby a new carpet needed aswell now.

Working just niw.but looking forward too playing a few games tonight. Not sure what yet.. and try and inrease my br a little aswell as watchin the barca game.

gl all. See u at the tables.... the small stake ones. 

• edited May 2014
    How to stop smoking.

1st point is you have got to want to stop. Willpower is a must in kicking the addiction.

I tried gum and lost a tooth in the process lol not recommended, patches did not work for me either.
    I don't want to advertise but I found Nico..nell MINT lozenges the best option start off with the 2mg and reduce to the 1mg after 4 weeks. The standard packs are 96 loz's and should last a week at least packs are 9 to £15 depends where you buy them supermarkets I have found have the cheapest prices chemists the dearest.

The advantage of these is that you can just pop 1 in whenever you feel the urge to smoke and they do take the urge away and you don't have to stand outside the pub or workplace to quench the urge lol.

I would also advise you visit your doctor before trying to stop you may well be able to get your loz's on prescription some I have seen will give them free for so long too.

Make sure they are the MINT type the others are bland and not very pleasant obv if you don't like mint try the others.

All the best when you try again but as I said willpower is the most important factor. I tried many times to stop when I didn't really want to so it is a must and just for the record I have been cig free for nearly 10 yrs but feel like I could still light one up in certain situations. GL mate.
  • edited May 2014
    will power is definitely the key part rock,

I stopped for nearly a year when I bought the car as that was my incentive, but then started occasionally having one or two whilst having a drink, and before I knew it I was buying again.

but thank you for taking the time too post your thoughts and will look into what you have said for when I pick my day.
  • edited May 2014
    so, reset  my computer back too factory settings, was falling apart, and only had it a year I really needed too sort it out,

but back up and running now,

watching the game just now think ill have a look round and see what I fancy playing tonight.
  • edited May 2014

In the middle of a plo game just now, only 9 regged, but do enjoy these, thinking of taking this form of poker a little more serious,

just having a relaxing night and having a think about what im going to do next with my diary, I see a few people make monthly challenges or challenges for the year, such as mrsducks 5k challenge, garylaud's  doing well and making monthy challenges and matts, new kid on the block diary, all very good reads and enjoy looking too see how they are getting on.

so thinking of making a monthly challenge .... 11 in now the game is growing... right, back to what I was saying..  setting myself a monthly challenge, going too have a wee think about this after the game, miby start with june. or a few for the remainder of the month as I try and grow my BR at the same time.

anyway ill have a think and post what I decide.

gl 

• edited May 2014
    • THE NEXT STEP

As above I wanted too set myself monthly target and have something else too look forward too in my diary, when im on.

I feel im changing game too game and don't really have much of a target,

mainly increase my BR a little and get more competent in cash game play.

played a few games tonight, a plo game came 8th, 2 all in sats for the 8k primo and a hald hour on a 4nl game as I watched the rest of the football. all negative results apart from the cash where I left with what I sat with.

current BR stands at £32.37 so don't leave myself much options in terms of playing a main event...  yet.

CHALLENGES FOR THE REMAINING MONTH OF MAY.

• No.1 Manage too post a pic that isn't too big too upload.
    • No.2 Stay on top of my daily link thread as much as possible.
    • No.3 Try too qualify for a higher stake BH through sats.
    • No.4 Try and sat into a main event (miby sky sports BH and get no.3 at the same time)
    • No.5 Play cash max at 8nl for 1-2 hours a night when I can get on.
    • No.6 Enjoy my poker, try not too bust.

so for the rest of the month I will try and focus on these when I can.

mainly ill enjoy my time playing and not worry if my BR creeps down, will try and keep a clear head play too the best of my ability and hopefully tick that list off over the next two weeks.

• edited May 2014
    Played a while tonight, not many games right enough,

tried 2 all in sats for the M.E no luck there,

tried a little bit of cash while it was on 861, lost £1.50

played a £400bh  Chris_Mc012£7.17 + £4.69 Head Prizes2

not too bad,

then entered the "CHALLENGE" for the 6 max games, then relised it was only for £5.50 or higher, so played 1,
    6MAX and came second, got in with 1010 against K4 hit the K, then i got back up with A10 over A9 but the lost too 55 against my A3s.

end BR £35.53

so a little bit more than yesterday so positive i suppose.

so i think ill play some more of the 6max and see how it goes, but i have no clue on ROI, hopefully ill cash most of them and i get there.
  • edited May 2014
    Well monday morning. I think.... losing track of what day it is with wotking 7 day weeks at the minute.
    So dont even get that friday feeling anymore :(

Teaching a novice forklift course today. Easy enough day good shift.

looking forward too getting in tonight the DTD.s the 6Max challenge and my daily link. Hoping too get some ideas from the forum. So have a look and post what you think. 

See you later!!! Gl.  
  • edited May 2014
    I take the easy shift part. Back. I have just found out they are non drivers..
    Basically hard too teach someone too operate a forklift when they have never used pedals or a steering wheel before.

Think of it as never playing poker and your first game u decide too play high stakes cash. Againt rosiedog style scotty77 lolufold tommyd and thinking I fancy my chances. 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player. and the ROI challenge thingy : \:
    I take the easy shift part. Back. I have just found out they are non drivers.. Basically hard too teach someone too operate a forklift when they have never used pedals or a steering wheel before. Think of it as never playing poker and your first game u decide too play high stakes cash. Againt rosiedog style scotty77 lolufold tommyd and thinking I fancy my chances. 
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Fun times, I remember getting a crash course (almost literally) in forklift driving during a summer job while I was at Uni.  Never did it officially, the place didn't really work by rules, plus my teacher was a nutjob and a pothead. One part of my 'lessons' was creating 10 6ft stacks of boxes of chocolate that had passed their best before date and trying to slide through them to get a strike.

As a 19 year old who knew that, despite it being fun and therefore having to be done, trouble would ensue if anything bad occurred, so, well.... let's just say I was on the verge of needing new pants (and possibly major surgery) after skidding a weighty forklift up on it's side like a car on 2-wheels. It felt like an age before it eventually managed to rock back down on to all it's wheels, surrounded by a mound of chocolate scattered everywhere (failed to get a strike as well - such an amateur). My 'teacher' was as white as a sheet and must have got through most of a weeks medicinal supply round the back of the warehouse that day.

So yeah in summary, don't envy your shift one iota!

Good luck with then NL8, was briefly at your table the other day and out of position to you... seem pretty competent and certainly made me tighten up and avoid getting into too many awkward tangles.  No doubt we'll be playing a few hands together in the coming months.
  • edited May 2014
    what a day!!!!

and not a good one, well could be,

so at work and phone rings, its the letting agency, about time I was thinking as I have been waiting for them too install a new fireplace,

"hello"

"hi, chris..... landlord is taking the house back you have 2 months....."

"oh ok"

"bye"

so literally I am getting the living room decorated, as Im on the phone too them. as new suite on the way aswell, too late too cancel the order or change it. I did not need this.

things looking up though, I hope, I have someone moving out too a new house and he is putting his up for rent, an extra £150 a month on top though, that is a lot for I am the main source of income and the wife only works 2 days a week.

so had too figure out where we where getting this money.... simple really,
    I have now purchased my final pack of cigarettes saving the 170-200 a month, I also went and looked too downgrade the car.... :( I love my car,

funny really, I stopped smoking for the car in the first place, lasted a year, now im giving up smoking and losing my toy :(

looking at nice wee focus, a year newer but for £85 less a month and a lot cheaper a tyre.

So positves and negatives I suppose, a new chapter in my family's life too unfold plus an extra bedroom :)

never had a chance too play tonight, Missed out on the dtd's, my 6max challenges, and sorry mrsduck,... no link for you as yet as my schedule has just got quite busy I think for the remaining week, but will do as soon as I can.

Positive note.... Game of Thrones about too kick off 

gl all and see u at the tables. 

• edited May 2014
    after trying some of the 6 max challenge, coming 2nd in one allowed me 2 more BI's 2 more,

and it went like this  BLUURRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!.......  no but here are a couple of hands,

First exit, reason for the call is I thought my opponent was trying a raise to make it heads up and I felt I was ahead, simple, I thought he was isolating, wasn't too disappointed don't mind a split...

wait what........ 
    Hand History #779951646 (21:45 20/05/2014)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceChris_Mc Small blind  40.00 40.00 1095.00  Big blind  80.00 120.00 1800.00   Your hole cards J K        Fold      Raise  240.00 360.00 42.50  Raise  560.00 920.00 2422.50 Chris_Mc All-in  1095.00 2015.00 0.00  Fold      All-in  42.50 2057.50 0.00  Call  575.00 2632.50 1847.50 Chris_Mc Show J K     Show K 6     Show K J    Flop    3 9 2       Turn    9       River    5       xxx Win Flush to the King 2632.50  4480.00
  • edited May 2014
    2nd exit,

was getting it in with A hoping for a double up, or just too steal the blinds, either or,

Hand History #779952206 (21:45 20/05/2014)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceD Small blind  50.00 50.00 2620.00 TBig blind  100.00 150.00 1400.00   Your hole cards A 8       Chris_Mc All-in  745.00 895.00 0.00 JFold     G Fold     tFold     D All-in  2620.00 3515.00 0.00 TFold     D Unmatched bet  1925.00 1590.00 1925.00 D Show J J    Chris_Mc Show A 8    Flop    A 10 K       Turn    3       River    Q       D Win Straight to the Ace 1590.00

• edited May 2014
    wanted too post my first couple of hands, but cant seem too post more than one at a time, ill get the hang of it soon,

basically was raising in position if I was on the button with no callers or limpers with quite a wide range,

my first two raises never got through, I was re-raised by BB once and a re-raise after a limp,

sound like simple folds to me, but, if I find this pattern continued, should I make my range wider and believe that my opo is re-raisng me knowing im likely too fold a lot of the range I would raise with on the button????
  • edited May 2014
    Correct folds more than likely. Don't overthink things too much, unlikely to be facing too many bluff/re-raise dynamics at your current stakes. Ok to play aggressively from the BTN but wait for genuine decent holdings before unleashing your 5 bets!!!

Enjoying the diary mate, best of luck!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player. couple of 6MAX Q's and hands :(:
    Correct folds more than likely. Don't overthink things too much, unlikely to be facing too many bluff/re-raise dynamics at your current stakes. Ok to play aggressively from the BTN but wait for genuine decent holdings before unleashing your 5 bets!!! Enjoying the diary mate, best of luck!!
    Posted by SJspanky1
    cheers, ill take that on board.
  • edited May 2014
    2nd hand is ok but the 1st one you posted is 100% a fold. Early stages of an STT by the looks of things.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player. couple of 6MAX Q's and hands :(:
    wanted too post my first couple of hands, but cant seem too post more than one at a time, ill get the hang of it soon, basically was raising in position if I was on the button with no callers or limpers with quite a wide range, my first two raises never got through, I was re-raised by BB once and a re-raise after a limp, sound like simple folds to me, but, if I find this pattern continued, should I make my range wider and believe that my opo is re-raisng me knowing im likely too fold a lot of the range I would raise with on the button????
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Hey Chris - Just so you know I 3-bet your button raise with JJ, so I am guesing you had a worse hand than that! I am no SNG expert, but don't feel that you have to raise the button in the early stages of a SNG, steeling the blinds isn't going to make a massive difference to your stack. Also when the blinds are small I don't particularly like the min raise, doesn't really achieve a lot IMO. Like I say I am no expert though, so probably best ignoring anything I say.

Nice diary by the way. A good read.

Cheers

Greg.
  • edited May 2014
    2nd hand is ok but the 1st one you posted is 100% a fold. Early stages of an STT by the looks of things.
    Posted by Matt237
    I do agree, my head was saying fold, but just had a feeling I wouldn't be far behind if I was at all.  
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player. couple of 6MAX Q's and hands :( : Hey Chris - Just so you know I 3-bet your button raise with JJ, so I am guesing you had a worse hand than that! I am no SNG expert, but don't feel that you have to raise the button in the early stages of a SNG, steeling the blinds isn't going to make a massive difference to your stack. Also when the blinds are small I don't particularly like the min raise, doesn't really achieve a lot IMO. Like I say I am no expert though, so probably best ignoring anything I say. Nice diary by the way. A good read. Cheers Greg.
    Posted by GREGSTER

Not at all, I appreciate any advice as im quite the novice myself, appreciate what you said with your JJ but have had this a few times, just tonight made me think of the question too post it.

thanks for the input though . :) see u again soon! miby...
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player. couple of 6MAX Q's and hands :( : I do agree, my head was saying fold, but just had a feeling I wouldn't be far behind if I was at all.  
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I don't think you will be ahead very often here. After he raises he will never fold. Hoping for a flip at best i think. Fold the KJ os and save 14 bigs, if it was a BH then maybe its justifyable, but in a normal tournament no, especially a STT. Obviously as played its unlucky but his play was worse than yours 100%.
  • edited May 2014
    a CASH IN THE £3OO BH
    Chris_Mc    3     £25.61 + £18.54  Head Prizes 7heads.
    Puts me back up too  £64.17 84 points
  • edited May 2014
    a cash today in the £300 BH  put my BR  up a little,  and playing the mega as I type this,

have too have a break though from the poker I think with my circumstances with the house,

With my two months notice, I have reduced too 10 days, for the simple reason I do not want too pay anymore than I have too, when I can shorten those two months and get out before the end of the month.

so going too be quite the busy body for the next 10 days, packing, sorting storage, gas, electricity, switching sky, picking up new car, council tax, getting rid of the old stuff we don't need. making sure the house is squared for takeover and so on...

where too next, well never thought this would ever happen, but back too mums :(... left for the ARMY at 17 and never thought id be back too stay there.
    we decided why rent when we could have our own home a lot sooner with putting current outgoings into a savings account instead, so once sorted comp will be set up there and get back too raising this roll.

• edited May 2014
    a bit of a slagging I received for calling this off,
    ok I know I prob shouldn't have, but just again had a read that if I hit one of my outs here would be nice for my stack plus still had plenty left. been running quite well tonight aswell,
    A Small blind  150.00 150.00 44273.75
    Chris_Mc Big blind  300.00 450.00 37245.42
      Your hole cards

a Fold     
    SFold     
    pCall  300.00 750.00 7103.33
    m Fold     
    A Fold     
    Chris_Mc Raise  300.00 1050.00 36945.42
    pCall  300.00 1350.00 6803.33
    Flop

Chris_Mc Bet  675.00 2025.00 36270.42
    p Call  675.00 2700.00 6128.33
    Turn

• Q

Chris_Mc Check     
    pAll-in  6128.33 8828.33 0.00
    Chris_Mc Call  6128.33 14956.66 30142.09
    Chris_Mc Show

pShow
    • Q

River

• J

Chris_Mc Win Straight to the Queen 14956.66
    just feel u have too go with your gut sometimes and click.
  • edited May 2014
    Hmmmm, not sure I'm a huge fan of that play ;)
  • edited May 2014
    not a lot of people will be. :)

still think the other guys play was slightly worse than mine right enough.
  • edited May 2014
    Haha, yeah limping in out of that stack (or any stack!) with Q5 is pretty poor. Your raise pre is kinda pointless. If were gonna raise then it should be more IMO, or just tap the table. C-bet our draw, all good. When he overbet jams the turn, we really don't have the odds to call. We could already be drawing dead.

Just not a great spot, will bleed chips long term.

Run well :)
  • edited May 2014
    definite flaws in my play aswell, not in the habbit of doing that on a regular basis, but im here for the fun aswell.

thanks for the input though, always appreciated, and ill take note for future hands.
  • edited May 2014
    Well bed time,

had a really good night, played 3 mtt's

and had 2 final tables.

£300BH  3rd out of 94

Chris_Mc   
    £25.61 + £18.54  Head Prizes    7 heads.
    then The UKPC freeroll, came 18th out of 226

Then got this result in the £5.50 megastack. 3rd - 86

Chris_Mc03£49.02

so all in all a good night, £90+ night

BR £107.69 

• edited May 2014
    Tired this morning. If keep tippin up too work like this they might let me go :)
    Would have too change the name of the diary too 'improving too pro' win some mains and mini's get some jackpots.....

See dreaming allready... :) 

Well enjoyed last night so worth the tired spell today,  couple of hands too talk about later.  See what I get back from them... probbaly ooooooo I wouldntve done that :)

So teaching in the classroom today. About licences and changes too the rules and regulations for vocational drivers. Anyone need help I can analyse the **** out a licence but not my own poker. 

Well back too it..
    gl