You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

------ A PAIN IN THE CASH!!! -------

Comments

• edited May 2014

Got a bit of stick for this last night, again, seem too have had that a lot yesterday, I fact it was the same player that dug me for my call in the hand shown earlier, I later on took his tournament life, when I was behind, I got a bit lucky, it was 3 handed aswell so I saw my hand too be reasonably strong.

any advice???
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xxxx Small blind  3000.00 3000.00 102007.50
    Chris_Mc Big blind  6000.00 9000.00 86411.25
      Your hole cards
    • A

raymanace Fold     
    xxxx Raise  15000.00 24000.00 87007.50
    Chris_Mc Call  12000.00 36000.00 74411.25
    Flop

• A

xxxx Bet  18000.00 54000.00 69007.50
    Chris_Mc All-in  74411.25 128411.25 0.00
    xxxx Call  56411.25 184822.50 12596.25
    xxxx Show
    • A
    • J

Chris_Mc Show
    • A

Turn

River

Chris_Mc Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s 184822.50
  • edited May 2014
    played a quick 6max there..... very quick in fact 5 hands to be precise,

right or wrong here, glad it wasn't a £5.50 one so wont count too the challenge if I do it.
    pmack180 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1455.00
    bracewell1 Big blind  30.00 45.00 1350.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

SHAZBRIER Call  30.00 75.00 1477.50
    FishyFifi Fold     
    Billscott Call  30.00 105.00 1702.50
    Chris_Mc Raise  90.00 195.00 1365.00
    pmack180 Fold     
    bracewell1 Call  60.00 255.00 1290.00
    SHAZBRIER Call  60.00 315.00 1417.50
    Billscott Fold     
    Flop

• Q

bracewell1 Check     
    SHAZBRIER Bet  315.00 630.00 1102.50
    Chris_Mc Raise  630.00 1260.00 735.00
    bracewell1 Fold     
    SHAZBRIER All-in  1102.50 2362.50 0.00
    Chris_Mc All-in  735.00 3097.50 0.00
    SHAZBRIER Unmatched bet  52.50 3045.00 52.50
    SHAZBRIER Show
    • Q

Chris_Mc Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

SHAZBRIER Win Two Pairs, Queens and 8s 3045.00
  • edited May 2014
    I'm probably just shoving pre in the first hand.

Nice results last night btw. Keep it up.......and don't get fired at work!! The late nights playing mtt's in the week are one of the reasons I'm giving cash another go, I was always tired at work too!
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah a shove pre ain't a bad move, depending on table dynamics and what not.

Probs just call the flop bet and call any bet/all in on the turn. Shoving the flop will fold out so many hands villain has c-bet with. Board is super dry too so we don't need to protect vs anything and we can't really make our shove look like a draw.
  • edited May 2014

100NL WITH RIC ORFORD ON MASTERCASH

So enjoy the live shows and always like joining the mastercash when its on, just one table of 20nl, my BR isn't big enough for anything else in fact I should only be 4nl, but like too try and get on the TV.

Waiting too see what table ricorford was going too and relise he sits at 100nl with £50, so I ponder a little, ive noticed him there through player search and no one else is there, just checking what I could sit with..... I decide im going in with £25...

Then it gets mentioned on the TV where he is so acting fast I hit the sit button and sure enough the table is full in seconds.... looking at my £25 and the other players at the table im instantly nervous and reload an extra £10 on top. leaving my BR at £60 with no intention of using anymore.

Its my last night playing for a while so thought id enjoy it, nerves going everyone being friendly in the chat, and my aim is too just play ABC, solid poker no sticky spots, raise in position and 10 15 mins in im getting a lot more comfortable, turning my 35 into 45 and being very happy with that.

still no TV time though well hands anyway, but wasn't involved in mush until the end of the show 2 hands in particular come at once.....

1267 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £94.09
    RicOrford Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £53.58
    POKEY2011 Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

alex1229 Fold     
    BigBluster Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £45.26
    Chris_Mc Raise  £3.50 £5.75 £48.31
    1267 Fold     
    RicOrford Call  £3.00 £8.75 £50.58
    BigBluster Call  £2.00 £10.75 £43.26
    Flop

• A

RicOrford Check     
    BigBluster Bet  £5.38 £16.13 £37.88
    Chris_Mc Raise  £10.76 £26.89 £37.55
    RicOrford Call  £10.76 £37.65 £39.82
    BigBluster Call  £5.38 £43.03 £32.50
    Turn

RicOrford All-in  £39.82 £82.85 £0.00
    BigBluster Fold     
    Chris_Mc All-in  £37.55 £120.40 £0.00
    RicOrford Unmatched bet  £2.27 £118.13 £2.27
    RicOrford Show

Chris_Mc Show
    • A
    • K

River

Chris_Mc Win Pair of Aces £116.33
    Was a great feeling too get this and over the moon, then........
    RicOrford Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £2.02
    POKEY2011 Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £91.26
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

alex1229 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £127.73
    BigBluster Fold     
    Chris_Mc Raise  £4.00 £6.25 £112.33
    1267 Fold     
    RicOrford All-in  £2.02 £8.27 £0.00
    POKEY2011 Call  £3.50 £11.77 £87.76
    alex1229 Call  £2.50 £14.27 £125.23
    Flop

POKEY2011 Bet  £7.14 £21.41 £80.62
    alex1229 Call  £7.14 £28.55 £118.09
    Chris_Mc Call  £7.14 £35.69 £105.19
    Turn

• J

POKEY2011 Check     
    alex1229 Check     
    Chris_Mc Bet  £17.85 £53.54 £87.34
    POKEY2011 Fold     
    alex1229 Fold     
    Chris_Mc Unmatched bet  £17.85 £35.69 £105.19
    RicOrford Show
    • Q

Chris_Mc Show
    • K
    • K

River

Chris_Mc Win Two Pairs, Kings and 7s £33.90
    Couldn't believe it, and don't think ill be doing that again for a while wish they where showed though :(

yesterday my BR at its lowest was £19 and now im up too £203.48

cheers for the BR boost thoug ric
  • edited May 2014
    Nicely done.

I'd have sat down if I'd been in and knew a certain someone was in the game. And I don't mean yourself or Orford ;)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player......£100NL with RicOrford on MASTERCASH!!:
    Nicely done. I'd have sat down if I'd been in and knew a certain someone was in the game. And I don't mean yourself or Orford ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

OI! are you referring to moi?  ;-)   I do hope so as I have a certain reputation to uphold...

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player......£100NL with RicOrford on MASTERCASH!!:
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player......£100NL with RicOrford on MASTERCASH!! : OI! are you referring to moi?  ;-)   I do hope so as I have a certain reputation to uphold...
    Posted by Glenelg
    haha not even you! Someone else....
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player......£100NL with RicOrford on MASTERCASH!! : haha not even you! Someone else....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
     Pfffttt! Not sure if thats a compliment or not? I may be annoyed now! ;-)   
  • edited May 2014
    Tired this morning again, off on Monday though, not had a day off now for about 4-5 weeks not sure exactly when my last day off was,  job is Monday too Friday but plenty of weekend work just now with driver CPC and we also have too assess all the commonwealth drivers for the games this year. 

Subject im teaching today. Fire fighting and first aid,  one of the more enjoyable subjects I like too teach.  As we can normally get a bit of a laugh practicing CPR too the tunes of stayin alive, nellie the elephant, a crackin live version of another one bites the dust and of course pokerface.... 

As I said last night will be on the forum but chances if getting any games in will be slim I think. Miby get  on sunday if there's any mastercash action.

Gl 
  • edited May 2014
    Fantastic BR jump you'll overtake me in no time!!
    Looks like it was a lot of fun owning Orford...keep it up!
    :D
  • edited May 2014
    Well a good week of poker for me so far, but hardly played last 2 days, really busy with the house just now.

So having incteased my BR too over £200 im wondering what I should try and do next??

Feeling quite confident in my game just now, after a couple  successful mtt's and cash sessions. What level of cash is my br suited for, I mainly only play one table at the minute and max at 2. I enjoy the mastercash hours and try and play one table of 20nl when its on for an hour, if not I only 8nl, or 4nl and my last few sessions ive left a few quid up each time. Including today at work I played 8nl for 45 minutes waiting too take people out on car assessments. (Drains the battery very quickly though)

Having feeling I played quite well in the 100nl table the other night I know I can not afford too sit here again, was a kind if test and fun challenge I gave myself and only because ric sat there on the live show. I know. I only have one chance at that session and if I get AA theres a good chance it could all go in and could get beat, thats poker, although a great experience haveing sat with 35 and left with 140 and felt reasonably comfortable,  I wont be doing it again any time soon. I hope.

So with my current BR what level should I play, 1 or 2 tables. Only for 1 to a  3 hours a session, cant do big grinds like most.

Any feedback would be great.

think ill play some 8nl just now if anyone fancies it??? Till my batt goes anyway.

Gl
  • edited May 2014
    Well a good week of poker for me so far, but hardly played last 2 days, really busy with the house just now. So having incteased my BR too over £200 im wondering what I should try and do next?? Feeling quite confident in my game just now, after a couple  successful mtt's and cash sessions. What level of cash is my br suited for, I mainly only play one table at the minute and max at 2. I enjoy the mastercash hours and try and play one table of 20nl when its on for an hour, if not I only 8nl, or 4nl and my last few sessions ive left a few quid up each time. Including today at work I played 8nl for 45 minutes waiting too take people out on car assessments. (Drains the battery very quickly though) Having feeling I played quite well in the 100nl table the other night I know I can not afford too sit here again, was a kind if test and fun challenge I gave myself and only because ric sat there on the live show. I know. I only have one chance at that session and if I get AA theres a good chance it could all go in and could get beat, thats poker, although a great experience haveing sat with 35 and left with 140 and felt reasonably comfortable,  I wont be doing it again any time soon. I hope. So with my current BR what level should I play, 1 or 2 tables. Only for 1 to a  3 hours a session, cant do big grinds like most. Any feedback would be great. think ill play some 8nl just now if anyone fancies it??? Till my batt goes anyway. Gl
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Would not be going any higher than 10nl with 200 quid personally......a couple of bad nights any higher and you will have to reload
  • edited May 2014
    Have too agree with you waller, prob keep to 8nl and 10nl,  but because im only 1 or two tables could I play 20 more regular not too sure.

will still have a game of 20nl though when the mastercash is on, enjoy watching the show and miby having it on the tv aswell.

have a chance now too play some bigger sats, at the later stages for mains and miby even the ukpc. looking forward too getting set up in my new place and starting too see if I can keep playing the way I have been.
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah NL10 is probably the only way to be unless you can afford to top up if you have a bad run.  

I was around the £200 mark when I first started nitting it up at NL10 and personally was probably playing too tight trying to keep to a low-variance game... but then you are more of a baller than me based on your MC experiences!!

That was playing 6-8 tables though, so maybe NL20 is a better option when just 1 tabling?

Then when you win a bit more you can invest in one or two of those emergency phone charging gadgets that you can plug in without having to plug into the mains/swap battery!
  • edited May 2014
    cheers for the feedback shakinaces, just sorted out my move back in to ma maws (my mums) and going too have a wee half hour of 8nl I think.

Not played in a while on the desktop, just on my phone at work, so going too unwind after today.

today was my first day off in around 2 months, been non stop at work just now, and my day off involved, organising storage for all out stuff, moving my stuff in to storage, sorting out our room in my mums, taking all our old clothes and little ones toys too cash for cloths, a few trips too the mother in laws for other things too got there, a road trip somewhere else too take someone some furniture....back too storage, then finally home, now just had a shower and a shave and going too unwind on the cash table for half an hour of 8nl and have a wkd... (all I have) no coors :( I like it when its cold... damm cold.

gl all :)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player.......... cash game advice please????:
    cheers for the feedback shakinaces, just sorted out my move back in to ma maws (my mums) and going too have a wee half hour of 8nl I think. Not played in a while on the desktop, just on my phone at work, so going too unwind after today. today was my first day off in around 2 months, been non stop at work just now, and my day off involved, organising storage for all out stuff, moving my stuff in to storage, sorting out our room in my mums, taking all our old clothes and little ones toys too cash for cloths, a few trips too the mother in laws for other things too got there, a road trip somewhere else too take someone some furniture....back too storage, then finally home, now just had a shower and a shave and going too unwind on the cash table for half an hour of 8nl and have a wkd... (all I have) no coors :( I like it when its cold... damm cold. gl all :)
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Can't believe a Scotsman has admitted to this, surely this is a case for being deported if any of your countrymen ever found out!
  • edited May 2014
    Good morning forum faces!

Well woth the move almost done, I played some games last night, it dodnt go great from the start, I lost 2 and a half buyins for 8nl, regged fr the skypoker 22quid 6max the main and the mini,

6max.... well was a great expeiriance and fun too try and get on the box! Not much happining in the way of cards though, wasn't getting much too play with, seemed too be folding at tue right times and not bleeding chips and from.what I seen on the tv I was behind with my golds so happy with that, ended up calling my stack off wirh an open ender and finished 4th.

The mini. ... it was mini all right and thats that.

The main, flying start right up to the top ten with about 300 lleft yhen vefor I knew it I was 122 out of 126, and thinking that im on a bog loss tonight,  then got up a little 70/71 then hit a couple of double ups which where nice,  in the end finshed 20th for just under £40.

BR is down slightly but a fum night of poker overall. Thats 3 for 3 in the turbo tuesdays now. 

Newd too treat myself too a new computer desk too, ill posy a pic later and show you what my setup is, its a little cozy juat now but under the circumstances im just glad too have had some time at the tables!!!!

Well time for work...

Gk all 

Ps.  Gregster, I know but its all that was there I had no choice.but.to try and enjoy thi lady drink. ........ was actyually not bad...
  • edited June 2014
    Well...... A new month and a new start...

Finally out the house, move all done and dusted. Hand the keys over today, and get back too my diary the daily link and get on the tables.

Improving on the cash Side of things as well. Yesterday watching tv or chilling in the living room I grew up in and find myself back here again.... Feels weird. Anyway played some 10nl of and off through the day, 20mins here 40 mins there just one table, so sat down 8 times yesterday and made myself 21quid, a loss on 3 table and a profit on 5 tables. So happy with that.

Off out too the shops now then too try and my make old room more homely for the family while we stay here, it's hard with the walls being bright pink.... EYESORE!!!! Mum decorated for the little one as it's her first granddaughter from a family of bhoys.
    And wasn't expecting us to be in it, 

So once the room is sorted I'll be settling foe some table time tonight and too take down the first FOSP tournament. Update my daily link, one for mrs duck still to come and I had a pm from another forum member for a request so will have a look and get sorted, sorry if you think I have ignored your message it's not often I check or receive private mail.

I'm also going too try and set some small challenges for June, and will post them later, not sure how many points I made this month think miby around 200ish, but all in all a great month for me with BR bigger than it ever has been and trying too keep it that way.

BR for June.... £192.03

Gl all and see u at the tables probably mainly 10nl cash for myself this month and 20nl for mastercash!!!!!!!!

• edited June 2014
    well, not a bad night for me again,

having slept in for the first 20mins of the FOSP game, I managed a respectable 3rd, being my plo8 game is not of the highest standard :)

also tried some all in sats for the main, 4 of them an came 2nd in one for just under £80, again a nice boost too the BR. kinda preferred too playing because I am a bit tired so more than happy too take 2nd.

so new month for me,

aims for June.

mainly going too be playing 10nl, have enjoyed sitting at these tables and feel quite comfortable at this level.

play mastercash on live nights playing 20nl for the show only 1 BI max

im not sure how many points I will make but will go for 500 for the month.

was going too say mainly keep my BR over £200 and try and reach £250, but that has been achieved tonight so,
    would like too reach over £300 and stay cl;ear of that number by the end of june

fosp game   Chris_Mc03£14.40

and all in sat
      Chris_Mc                         0           2           £79.75
    so BR close of play  £274.18          points 29

gl all
  • edited June 2014
    How pants is work, would be great too not have too, just chill and play poker most days,  but I have hiab training today in the rain. 

Looking forward too the end of the day already and plan a breaking bad night. No spoilers please...... Also is game of thrones not back tonight??????

Miby play some 10nl on the iPad at the same time.

:) 
  • edited June 2014
    Played some games last night... a mix of everything, 

Reged for some all in sats with no luck, so regged direct for the main. Didnt go well, and by that I mean I played really poor, I pretty much gave my chips away too one player I just didnt believe they had anything but such poor calling on my part.

Then regged for some tv SnG's hoping too get some tv time again, 

I played an £11 sixmax came 2nd a £5.50dym and cashed there and a £1.10 6max and came 1st, so good results on those.

Them sat at 2 mastercash tables both 20nl, and sat with £20 on one and £10 on another, Was about 10quid up and was about too leave and made a wierd play with KJ of, but onbthe flop was a q10 so open ended and basically called it doen too yhe river, hoping too get there, there was 4 in the hand so wouldve been a nice pot if it came in, but.... it never. 

Anyway pretty much broke even for the night finshing BR of £272 

Well done too matt last night who came 2nd in the main and done quiye well in the mini aswell. Wp. 
  • edited June 2014
    In work today as always, hopefully play some cash tonight,  seem to doin well in cash games ranging from 4nl too 20nl,

Sat at 4nl last night for about 15 mins and left with 18£ was one guy just throwing his money away on lots of draws, id be happy too sit next too him for a while, whem he left so did I. Watched hime reload 3 or 4 times and got most of it. One hand I called with A high confident I was ahead and was. Ill post the hands later.

BR £284 

Well back too work, taking someone for forlift refresher training today.

• edited June 2014

So lasts nights game, was at the 4nl table long but left with a nice profit from 30 mins work... for me anyway, all these hands apart from the bottom one were against one player, I found this player quite easy too play against, I don't know if he always plays this way was on tilt or got it in with any draw, have a look at the hands and see what you think???

SWEETWATER Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.84
    clubhammer Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.31
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

XXXRaise  £0.08 £0.14 £3.92
    Chris_Mc Raise  £0.30 £0.44 £3.46
    jowvegas Fold     
    SWEETWATER Fold     
    clubhammer Fold     
    XXX Raise  £0.44 £0.88 £3.48
    Chris_Mc All-in  £3.46 £4.34 £0.00
    XXX All-in  £3.48 £7.82 £0.00
    XXX Unmatched bet  £0.24 £7.58 £0.24
    XXX Show
    • Q
    • K

Chris_Mc Show
    • Q
    • Q

Flop

• K

Turn

• Q

River

Chris_Mc Win Three Queens £7.01
    this hand here, although the ace cam on the river I felt I was ahead with A high, not sure if I was right too  make the call but the read I had on the player and the way he was playing I felt I had him with A high.
    Chris_Mc Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £11.88
    LDZ Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.80
    clubhammer Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A

jowvegas Fold     
    SWEETWATER Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.10
    XXXRaise  £0.24 £0.34 £3.76
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.22 £0.56 £11.66
    LDZ Fold     
    SWEETWATER Call  £0.20 £0.76 £1.90
    Flop

Chris_Mc Check     
    SWEETWATER Check     
    XXX Bet  £0.76 £1.52 £3.00
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.76 £2.28 £10.90
    SWEETWATER Fold     
    Turn

Chris_Mc Check     
    XXX All-in  £3.00 £5.28 £0.00
    Chris_Mc Call  £3.00 £8.28 £7.90
    Chris_Mc Show
    • A

XXXShow
    • Q
    • K

River

• A

Chris_Mc Win Two Pairs, Aces and 7s £7.65  £15.55

this hand was on mastercash... i feel i played it ok, but would like some feedback please?

ashdans Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.04
    KELTY19 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £10.58
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

XXXRaise  £0.30 £0.45 £4.44
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.30 £0.75 £18.52
    ricky2r7 Fold     
    ashdans Call  £0.25 £1.00 £5.79
    KELTY19 Fold     
    Flop

ashdans Check     
    XXX Bet  £0.30 £1.30 £4.14
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.30 £1.60 £18.22
    ashdans Fold     
    Turn

XXX Bet  £0.60 £2.20 £3.54
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.60 £2.80 £17.62
    River

XXXAll-in  £3.54 £6.34 £0.00
    Chris_Mc Raise  £7.08 £13.42 £10.54
    Chris_Mc Unmatched bet  £3.54 £9.88 £14.08
    XXX Show
    • A

Chris_Mc Show
    • J
    • A

Chris_Mc Win Flush to the Ace £9.13
    this again was the 4nl table with the same player again......

Player
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    LDZ Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
    jowvegas Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.88
      Your hole cards
    • A

SWEETWATER Fold     
    XXXCall  £0.04 £0.10 £8.36
    Chris_Mc Raise  £0.12 £0.22 £5.88
    LDZ Call  £0.10 £0.32 £3.84
    jowvegas Fold     
    XXXCall  £0.08 £0.40 £8.28
    Flop

• A

LDZ Check     
    XXXBet  £0.68 £1.08 £7.60
    Chris_Mc Call  £0.68 £1.76 £5.20
    LDZ Fold     
    Turn

• A

XXXBet  £1.76 £3.52 £5.84
    Chris_Mc All-in  £5.20 £8.72 £0.00
    XXX Call  £3.44 £12.16 £2.40
    XXXShow
    • K

Chris_Mc Show
    • A

River

• K

Chris_Mc Win Three Aces £11.24
  • edited June 2014
    Well through to edinburgh today for forklift tests, miby get a chance too play the orfordable tonight...hopefully :)
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Chris - FWIW:

Hand 1 - I think this is pretty standard at NL4 unless you've noted someone being incredibly snug. I'm less likely to go with QQ at NL8/10 without a bit of a feel for someone's play, but think you'll see enough smaller pairs and good aces at NL4 to make it a long term correct play.

Hand 2 - It does feel awesome to successfully call down with A-high but this won't be good enough, often enough at micro cash.  The call on the flop I'd suggest is pretty loose as well - the pre-flop bet was big and could easily be an overpair, plus sets, 2pr and made straight likely to be an option (JT wouldn't be a surprise here) - plus you have the other player behind that again could potentially be set-mining 77-88-99... all in all I'm not sure the odds are there to be chasing the draw.

Hand 3 - Not a big fan of chasing draws against short stackers, you don't often hit and when you do you barely get paid.  I'm a nit, but in this spot I think I fold the flop - we're potentially almost drawing dead (to running cards) if oppo has a 10 and the raise UTG could equally be an overpair here (so we may pay him off should he have JJ/AA and we improve to 2pr).

That said, the turn bet probably just about prices you to call, not at current odds but with the implied odds given you'll likely get another bet if you do hit the diamond.

Hand 4 - Probably a case for calling again on turn and letting oppo jam river if he is bluffing, but given your notes I probably play this the same and figure he's getting his money in at some point after the flop almost regardless of what we do!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: diary of an improving player.......... SOME HANDS FROM 4NL LAST NIGHT... ANY FEEDBACK?:
    Hi Chris - FWIW: Hand 1 - I think this is pretty standard at NL4 unless you've noted someone being incredibly snug. I'm less likely to go with QQ at NL8/10 without a bit of a feel for someone's play, but think you'll see enough smaller pairs and good aces at NL4 to make it a long term correct play. Hand 2 - It does feel awesome to successfully call down with A-high but this won't be good enough, often enough at micro cash.  The call on the flop I'd suggest is pretty loose as well - the pre-flop bet was big and could easily be an overpair, plus sets, 2pr and made straight likely to be an option (JT wouldn't be a surprise here) - plus you have the other player behind that again could potentially be set-mining 77-88-99... all in all I'm not sure the odds are there to be chasing the draw. Hand 3 - Not a big fan of chasing draws against short stackers, you don't often hit and when you do you barely get paid.  I'm a nit, but in this spot I think I fold the flop - we're potentially almost drawing dead (to running cards) if oppo has a 10 and the raise UTG could equally be an overpair here (so we may pay him off should he have JJ/AA and we improve to 2pr). That said, the turn bet probably just about prices you to call, not at current odds but with the implied odds given you'll likely get another bet if you do hit the diamond. Hand 4 - Probably a case for calling again on turn and letting oppo jam river if he is bluffing, but given your notes I probably play this the same and figure he's getting his money in a

Hey Chris

Hand 2, just fold the flop, try and avoid calling down with Ace high, especially versus a pot sized bet on the flop. Over time this is just burning money.

Hand 3, We have 2 overs, the guy bets 30p into £1 we could quite easily still have the best hand here so calling is fine. Turn plays itself, and river, nice hand.

• edited June 2014
    I see you're still in the roller fella!! Take it down mate, that'll be a great story. Micro stakes to Roller champ..best of luck!!
  • edited June 2014

TY sjspanky, tried my best,

Chris_Mc014£242.15

well cashed a roller, got in through all in sats and found YOYO at my table...

over the moon with the result thought I would've got deeper, but hands played themselves I think, I also had a bit of luck along the way, with plenty of rail,
    will post the hands tomorrow, as for now it goodnight and gl!!!

• edited June 2014