You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    Is it worth carrying on, 21 £3-30 DYMs never cashed in 5, anyone know what i would need ?.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Probably have to gamble and play 6 max tables which has higher variance but much higher potential ROI -  I think the term is go on a heater?

From earlier messages it seams that head hunters are the last resort to try and increase a dead ROI

I've not tracked ROI on 6 max so probably worth awaiting advice from some 6 max pro's
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Probably have to gamble and play 6 max tables which has higher variance but much higher potential ROI -  I think the term is go on a heater? From earlier messages it seams that head hunters are the last resort to try and increase a dead ROI I've not tracked ROI on 6 max so probably worth awaiting advice from some 6 max pro's
    Posted by WAOOGA

Thanks for reply, there's one thing my cash balance looks a lot brighter...lol Think i'll carry on but if i loose 2/3 give up.
  • edited March 2014
    Yes tomo you need to play six max from here on in if you want to make it. If you win the first 3 six max you might be ableto switch back to dyms.

Rooting for you Waooga....it really would be an incredible achievement to qualify soleyfrom dyms.

Make sure you get your 30 gamesin though the deadline is close!

• edited March 2014
    finally finished my 30 games!! after a bad start (0/4)  i went on a mini heater and now after 30 6 max sngs

1st - 11
    2nd - 6
    no cash - 13

i make it about 68% so gonna see where i sit in table before i play any more!!
  • edited March 2014
    finally finished my 30 games!! after a bad start (0/4)  i went on a mini heater and now after 30 6 max sngs 1st - 11 2nd - 6 no cash - 13 i make it about 68% so gonna see where i sit in table before i play any more!!
    Posted by pocket9s
    Well played - I think there will be some nervous page refreshing towards the end!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Well played - I think there will be some nervous page refreshing towards the end!
    Posted by WAOOGA
    How's the record coming along waooga? :)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : How's the record coming along waooga? :)
    Posted by BigM19
     hi bigm.. well done on an awesome roi. are you planning on playing anymore, only asking because im kind of stuck.. in top 6 atm, but........... 1 loss and im down to like 63% and out of top 6 or not play and risk being overtaken!!

i dont think my 68% will be enough, maybe try and win 2 dyms then leave it at about 69/70%

ps whats the payout in the final? top 2 get paid?? if so it be a pretty big bubble!! prob a 2K bubble :(
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies :  hi bigm.. well done on an awesome roi. are you planning on playing anymore, only asking because im kind of stuck.. in top 6 atm, but........... 1 loss and im down to like 63% and out of top 6 or not play and risk being overtaken!! i dont think my 68% will be enough, maybe try and win 2 dyms then leave it at about 69/70% ps whats the payout in the final? top 2 get paid?? if so it be a pretty big bubble!! prob a 2K bubble :(
    Posted by pocket9s
    Hi pocket9s congrats also on your ROI! Personally I think 70% is going to be needed to make he top six, there's some well known regs yet to complete their 30 games. So yes I will be playing again for sure. I think the best thing to do is play one more reg 6 max sng and if you win you're well over 70% and booked your seat. Losing isn't a disaster as you can easily get back up to 70 with a couple of decent results. So that's my thinking, play one more and take it from there. It may be as easy as win and you're in. I've also been wondering about the payout, I'd imagine the top 6 will all get a slice of the cake.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Hi pocket9s congrats also on your ROI! Personally I think 70% is going to be needed to make he top six, there's some well known regs yet to complete their 30 games. So yes I will be playing again for sure. I think the best thing to do is play one more reg 6 max sng and if you win you're well over 70% and booked your seat. Losing isn't a disaster as you can easily get back up to 70 with a couple of decent results. So that's my thinking, play one more and take it from there. It may be as easy as win and you're in. I've also been wondering about the payout, I'd imagine the top 6 will all get a slice of the cake.
    Posted by BigM19
    Payout structure for you.
    Good luck

1st £1500
    2nd  £1100
    3rd £900
    4th £700
    5th £500
    6th £300
  • edited March 2014
    Right time to get the grind on. Only played 3, one victory and 2 losses.

See how the next 10 or so games go to determine if it's worthwhile continuing. If you're on my table, I like a gamble ;)
  • edited March 2014
    After 6 games in total, I'm right down the middle.....3 firsts and 3 losses. Must try harder!
  • edited March 2014
    Stick or twist??? I choose twist.. Played another, got lucky 3 handed to take a big lead hu and win. So my results atm 
    Played 31
    Won 12
    2nd 6
    Lost 13

74.19%.  Hopefully this will be enough for top 6!!!!

• edited March 2014
    Sorry if it has been explained but can't find it, how do you calculate your ROI?

Specifically, what do you assign to a losing game. I can calculate the wins but does a lose count as zero or is it minus 100?
  • edited March 2014
    After 6 games in total, I'm right down the middle.....3 firsts and 3 losses. Must try harder!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Must try harder?

I assume you're playing regular 6max games in which case 3 wins out of 6 is vvvv good. Your ROI will be not far off 80%

If you can keep that up, you're sorted :)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Must try harder? I assume you're playing regular 6max games in which case 3 wins out of 6 is vvvv good. Your ROI will be not far off 80% If you can keep that up, you're sorted :)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Sigh, wish I'd known this before I spewed off in another 2. Make that 3 wins and 5 losses, all standard sng's.
  • edited March 2014
    Think I'm going to have to have a go at playing some more of these.
    Wish me luck 
  • edited March 2014
    Think I'm going to have to have a go at playing some more of these. Wish me luck 
    Posted by Jac35
    No.
  • edited March 2014
    Just got real excited but think i have worked out my ROI wrong.
    Can someone please have a go?
    Played 30 standard.
    Won, 4.  2nd, 8.  Lost, 18.
    I got 58.178%
  • edited March 2014
    Just got real excited but think i have worked out my ROI wrong. Can someone please have a go? Played 30 standard. Won, 4.  2nd, 8.  Lost, 18. I got 58.178%
    Posted by freechips1
    Sorry but I can see by looking straight away, only winning 4 out of 30 is not gonna give you an ROI that high... I'll whack it into ChicknMelt's spreadsheet for you...

Your ROI is -1.82%
  • edited March 2014

Can somebody work my ROI out please as my Laptop can't use melt's spreadsheet.

Played 26
    W - 7
    2nd - 5
    Unplaced - 14

Reckon I need to win the last 4 to have even a glimmer of a hope!

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Sorry but I can see by looking straight away, only winning 4 out of 30 is not gonna give you an ROI that high... I'll whack it into ChicknMelt's spreadsheet for you... Your ROI is -1.82%
    Posted by Lambert180

HAHAHA. Thanks mate,thats real bad.
    How did i work it out like that?
    Had 1st @ 254.54% x4 = 1018.16%
    2nd @ 90.9% x8 = 727.2%.
    Add em together and /30=58.178%

Had a look online for a ROI calc but cant find one, any ideas?
  • edited March 2014
    I'll sort it Waller...

At the moment you're on 32.17% so yeah you need a bit of monster heater lol.

Just chucked it in the spreadsheet to see possible outcomes of your last 4 games.

If you won ALL 4 of them, you'd finish on 61.82% which I think is just short of the top 6 now. So you'd need to play 31 games and win your next 5 games in a row to get to 68.04%
  • edited March 2014
    I'll sort it Waller... At the moment you're on 32.17% so yeah you need a bit of monster heater lol. Just chucked it in the spreadsheet to see possible outcomes of your last 4 games. If you won ALL 4 of them, you'd finish on 61.82% which I think is just short of the top 6 now. So you'd need to play 31 games and win your next 5 games in a row to get to 68.04%
    Posted by Lambert180
    Nice one cheers for that..........

Well, it's not looking good. I was doing alright until I lost 5 on the spin a few games back. Guess I plod on til I lose one then (so prob one more game)

Well done to whoever makes the top 6 and wd to sky. The best promo for months and has been a lot of fun..........more of the same!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : HAHAHA. Thanks mate,thats real bad. How did i work it out like that? Had 1st @ 254.54% x4 = 1018.16% 2nd @ 90.9% x8 = 727.2%. Add em together and /30=58.178% Had a look online for a ROI calc but cant find one, any ideas?
    Posted by freechips1
    You havnt counted the 18 x -100% games

A loss is -100% not zero sorry
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : How's the record coming along waooga? :)
    Posted by BigM19
    Still just the one dropped game - so 19/20 now. The last PLO I played was touch and go!

4 days 10 games and 1 blow up to go ;)

update 28/03/2014 21/23 - dropped another PLO game so will need to switch to 6max for any chance of a top 6.
  • edited March 2014
    Phew!
    Jac the luckbox
    Played 1 won 1
    68% now
  • edited March 2014

not a bad roi if i qualify from 31 £0.55p sit n gos!!  hope my %%% holds up as i know a few people with high roi still to complete thier 30 so fingers crossed!
  • edited March 2014
    Just finished 30 games,won 6.
    2nd in 6 and
    lost 18

Average ROI 69.09 %

Is that any good,or do I have to play some more?
  • edited March 2014
    Just finished 30 games,won 6. 2nd in 6 and lost 18 Average ROI 69.09 % Is that any good,or do I have to play some more?
    Posted by wynne1938
    I dont think your ROI is right.Are you using chickenmelts spreadsheet?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : I dont think your ROI is right.Are you using chickenmelts spreadsheet?
    Posted by jonjo75
    I think Poket9s won twice as many for a 74% ROI