You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    anything other tha a late collapse should see me finish on around 65%   fingers crossed
    Posted by pocket9s
    How many have you played?
  • edited March 2014
    Always wanted to ask this question but it's more relevant now "Skill and Go" is underway. All the DYM take a rake of 10% of buy-in e.g. £3.30 = £3 + £0.30, £5.50 = £5.00 + £0.50 etc, except the £2.25 (£2.00 + £0.25) and £0.60 (£0.50 + £0.10) which are clearly more than 10%. If you play these values, it reduces the ROI and reduces your chances of getting in the top 6 of "Skill and Go". I agree it might only be a couple of % points and I also agree that I could play any of the other values, but I just happen to play £2.25. This is not a whinge, just wondered if anyone knew why these two were different. I think "Skill and Go" is a great idea for regular SNG players like myself, just hope it's repeated as I missed it this time round!. Doh !
  • edited March 2014
    anything other tha a late collapse should see me finish on around 65%   fingers crossed
    Posted by pocket9s

25 played and 68% atm!! gonna play a few 2mrw
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : How many have you played?
    Posted by splashies
    played 25
    won 11
    2nd - 2
    lost - 12
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : 25 played and 68% atm!! gonna play a few 2mrw
    Posted by pocket9s
    dont count your chickens mate....i was on 67% at 24 games and just had a run of 5 losses....YES 5 BIG FAT 0'S...dropped down to into 40's grinding again after a break
  • edited March 2014
    Well just finished my 30 games.  Started terribly but finished with 19 cashes and an roi of 41.57%. If I hadnt run so bad in the first 10 games I'd have been up near the top.
  • edited March 2014
    struggling to work out my roi, ive played 3 £5.50 dyms and cashed in none !!!
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by robert369
    Terrible.
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by robert369
    Keep it up m8, i'd wait till u loose 30 and then jib it. UL..
  • edited March 2014
    thanks at least it was my first three so if i win the next 30 :)
  • edited March 2014
    Tried 5 more today. Bust 4 and came 2nd in other. Blow-up.
  • edited March 2014
    OK, So I decided to give this a go. I only really play Omaha HL DYMs on here (which I am not good at) so decided to opt for the £5.50 holdem STTs as that seemed the best chance of qualifying. I used to play a few STTs on another site so wasn't new to them.

Anyway I started like a dream. Out of the first 5 I won 3, placed second on one and lost 1. I didn't calculate my ROI but knew that it would be good, but also knew that it would not continue that well. Oh how right I was, the downswing started immediately, over the next 10 odd games I ran like a manky 3 legged dog. Here are some of my exits:-

Game 6 - Got HU with AA AIP, opponent also has AA, few hands later my top pair runs into his 2 pair (standard)
    Game 7 - AK on a flop of AK3 heavy betting so we are pot commited when the 3 river hits, opponent has A3.
    Game 8 - After a raise and 2 calls I pot it with QQ, folds back round to the first guy who called the inital raise, he goes all in, I dwell as he may be playing KK or AA really wierdly, but call. He shows J4 suited(!) He flops the 4 and rivers the J. Down to short stack and my shove with KQ is called by A7 which holds.
    Game 9 - AKv1010 AIP, I hit an ace on the flop! 2 spades on the flop and he has 10s, turn and river both spades.
    Game 10 - hit top pair top kicker v flush draw. 3/4 bet the flop and all in on the turn. He calls and hits river.
    Game 11/12/13 Pretty standard. Not bad beats but it would be nice if could win one from behind, just once!
    Game 14 - 55 on board of 7 5 2 , get all the chips in, opponent has 77!
    Game 15 - K6 on board of K Q 5 I check for deception (how stupid am I?), turn 4 I bet, he calls, river 4 and my opponent obviously has A4 to river trips. Out a couple of hands later with A5 beaten by 44.
    Game 16 - finished 2nd despite having my HU opponent all in and dominated twice. 77 v A2 he hits his A and later with 77 v 86 and I river my set, which obviously gave him the straight! He wins a few hands later.
    Game 17 - KK v 6d7d, Flop my set, he rivers the flush.

OK so then I give up and turn to a bit of Omaha cash £80 pot and it all goes in on a A,9,4 flop. I have a set of 9's  and my opponent has A4. He has 2 outs (and the runner, runner 4s) but the poker gods dont mess around and give him the A turn for a higher FH.

Went back to a couple of Omaha HL DYMs to try and calm down and 'enjoy the game'. Cashed the first one and went out of the second with AKQ2 against Tikays AQ45 (I think). Tikay had the decency to type 'brutal' in the chat box, oh if only he'd known what had gone on before he would have known that there was no way I was winning that match up!

Anyway that's now all off my chest and I apologise for the long post. Feel free to abuse me for that. I know it's all variance but it would be nice if I had a run of 'good' variance now and again!

Good Luck to all those that still have a chance.

• edited March 2014
    Meh ruined ROI trying to get into top 6.

Or as its officially known... i've done a 'tommyd'

May resort to grinding headhunters and hope for a heater.  BUT NONE RUN.  ahhhhhhhhh
  • edited March 2014
    Hi All

I am interested to know how many of you guys in the top 20 played just SNGs and how many played just DYMs and how many mixed it up with both formats?
  • edited March 2014

Tuney posted.....

"......Went back to a couple of Omaha HL DYMs to try and calm down and 'enjoy the game'. Cashed the first one and went out of the second with AKQ2 against Tikays AQ45 (I think). Tikay had the decency to type 'brutal' in the chat box, oh if only he'd known what had gone on before he would have known that there was no way I was winning that match up!.....

And yes, it was brutal.

Think you were scooping (getting both pots) until the river, when I binked perfect to hit the wheel, & get the lot.

Poker players say "never apologise", which I think is nonsense myself, but I cba to get into debates about it, so I generally just try & post something which suggests empathy. 

brutal  
  • edited March 2014
    Poker players say "never apologise", which I think is nonsense myself, but I cba to get into debates about it, so I generally just try & post something which suggests empathy.  brutal   
    Posted by Tikay10

I agree with you Tikay, I type 'sorry' or 'unlucky' if I put a bad beat on someone. People can berate me for it if they want but I will continue to do it. There is nothing wrong with empathising with your opponents. Unfortunately I don't seem to be typing 'sry' much at the moment! 

Your 'brutal' comment made me laugh, it certainly summed up my session.

I hope you had a good one and look forward to your next update.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Poker players say "never apologise", which I think is nonsense myself, but I cba to get into debates about it, so I generally just try & post something which suggests empathy.  brutal    Posted by Tikay10
    I agree with you Tikay, I type 'sorry' or 'unlucky' if I put a bad beat on someone. People can berate me for it if they want but I will continue to do it. There is nothing wrong with empathising with your opponents. Unfortunately I don't seem to be typing 'sry' much at the moment!  Your 'brutal' comment made me laugh, it certainly summed up my session. I hope you had a good one and look forward to your next update.
    Posted by Enut

Thanks Tuney.

In truth, my dexterity must be waning, as I find it hard to type much in the chat Box when I have 6 or 7 tables on the go, (think I had 8 at the time) as the tables keep popping up, binging & bonging. But I just wanted to say something, & I knew you'd understand what I meant.

Hope your luck changes soon.

• edited March 2014
    Some sick roi in top 6.. Havent ruled myself out yet but need a purple patch of 5 or 6 games

• edited March 2014
    In reply to the post about most successful games, I started on O8 dyms but did terrible, too many players know what they are doing and the roi is less even if you win.  I switched to £2.25 dym and did OK but my best results were in the £1 and £2 six max speed.
    I think I cashed under 50% in the first 10 but cashed 9 out of 11 in games 19-30 including 4 x 6max speed wins
  • edited March 2014
    HI all regarding the dym strategy queried above.

I played 50 games...49 of which were dyms and cashed in 33 (66%) which is pretty decent.

My roi is 19.8%.

So I guess as people had suggested before the promo started its highly unlikely your gonna make the top 6 from dyms and I  imagine none of the top 20 have attained their position from dyms solely. I also imagine people have stopped playing once they hit 30 games.

Still a great promo though and hopefully if one is ran again sky will look for everyones input as there have been alot of good suggestion put forward.

Ger
  • edited March 2014
    In a bit of a stick or twist situation, 66.94% after my 30, i'm not sure if thats going to be good enough come the 31st. Dont know whether to play another few games to tie up a top 6 place but also risk slipping out all together, what do you guys think?
  • edited March 2014
    Id stick with it and if your overtaken then play....could get tricky come the last day though
  • edited March 2014
    How's everyone else doing? those who haven't reached 30 games yet?
  • edited March 2014
    In a bit of a stick or twist situation, 66.94% after my 30, i'm not sure if thats going to be good enough come the 31st. Dont know whether to play another few games to tie up a top 6 place but also risk slipping out all together, what do you guys think?
    Posted by BigM19
    I think you and the others in the Top 6 should all go out and get hammered to celebrate being in the Top 6.
    Then, I think that you should all play against each other to see who's the best. Probably about 30 games to get a decent sample.

Obviously, me presently being in 7th has no bearing on this advice. :)
  • edited March 2014
    haha! obviously very wise advice but i think i may just hang fire a little longer, you're welcome to come celebrate with us though, there's 10 pints with your name on them.. ;)
  • edited March 2014
    My challenge for the leaderboard has been ended barring some extreme run good in my last 10 games. Just lost 5 on the spin.........wd to those who are up there, it's tough!
  • edited March 2014
    I know of one player thats on 62% roi but has only played 15 dyms....still good though

• edited March 2014
    won 15 out of 16 now - I make it 68% (edit: potential ROI) - won 13 in a row and had 74% till form, focus - but mainly luck lol left me last night.

for some reason playing 1 NL holdem DYM whilst waiting for a PLO DYM to startup is working - its becoming a superstition as it was only when I left this routine last night that I dropped one :( back to this routine tonight and won both.

Just keeping it steady and tracking the leaderboard to see if I need to change strategy as if I lose one more the ROI will not be in with a chance.

As everyone else has said its a great promotion - specifically as its viable for players of any stake and frequency.

Thanks for the tips earlier Ger - I took a copy of the chat text for reading through after the game.
  • edited March 2014
    i think there will be a few more entries at the top before the end.. i think 70% min is top 6!!

watch this space.. my 30 games nearly done!!
  • edited March 2014
    Is it worth carrying on, 21 £3-30 DYMs never cashed in 5, anyone know what i would need ?.