You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : You mean to say 44.8% wont be enough? :'(
    Posted by alex1229
    Might be enough, like you said without seeing how many people are just a few games short of 30 it's hard to say.

Thing is though, even if there are loads of people like that, they still gotta run insanely good in their last games.

Like atm I've played 22 games and am 57.5% but I've worked it out and in my last 8 games, I need to win 2 AND come 2nd once just to finish up with 45%. If I win 3 of the last 8 (and no other cashes) that'd be 50% but winning 3/8 SnGs is insaaaanely hard to do. I'm getting very worried lol.
  • edited March 2014
    is this the right numbers im coming up with here...

so play 30 dyms win 25/30=76.77 is that correct any1?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Might be enough, like you said without seeing how many people are just a few games short of 30 it's hard to say. Thing is though, even if there are loads of people like that, they still gotta run insanely good in their last games. Like atm I've played 22 games and am 57.5% but I've worked it out and in my last 8 games, I need to win 2 AND come 2nd once just to finish up with 45%. If I win 3 of the last 8 (and no other cashes) that'd be 50% but winning 3/8 SnGs is insaaaanely hard to do. I'm getting very worried lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Pfft!

Anyone can go on an eight-game heater.

Even you, Lambo ;)
  • edited March 2014
    is this the right numbers im coming up with here... so play 30 dyms win 25/30=76.77 is that correct any1?
    Posted by churchy18

Winning 25/30 DYMs assuming 10% rake would be 51.52% ROI
  • edited March 2014
    personally i think anyone with an roi of 50+ will just play 29 games and then wait til the final day to make the table. I Currently have an roi to comfortably make top 6 and if i can maintain it thats what i certainly will be doing as otherwise you are just going to lose an edge
  • edited March 2014
    Might be of use to some peeps - ROI for DYM win ratio (Stakes higher than £3.30 are the same ROI)

Think it's correct?
    DYM ROI Guide
    Win Ratio out of 30 Stake ROI Stake ROI Stake ROI Stake ROI
    30 0.50 67% 1.00 74% 2.00 78% 3.00 82%
    29 Fee 61% Fee 68% Fee 72% Fee 76%
    28 0.10 56% 0.15 62% 0.25 66% 0.30 70%
    27 T-Invest 50% T-Invest 57% T-Invest 60% T-Invest 64%
    26 18 44% 34.5 51% 67.5 54% 99 58%
    25   39%   45%   48%   52%
    24   33%   39%   42%   45%
    23   28%   33%   36%   39%
    22   22%   28%   30%   33%
    21   17%   22%   24%   27%
    20   11%   16%   19%   21%
  • edited March 2014
    personally i think anyone with an roi of 50+ will just play 29 games and then wait til the final day to make the table. I Currently have an roi to comfortably make top 6 and if i can maintain it thats what i certainly will be doing as otherwise you are just going to lose an edge
    Posted by jordz16
    Sky Guys, this is why a table with the "best of the rest" is essential, its unfair on those who have played their 30 games and shown their hand, and now dont really know where we stand.

Do you think this is somthing you could whack up for future table updates? Shouldnt take you to long..? :)

Or there should be a cut off point for you to play your 30 games, then the table will just be between the players on the leaderboard.

I think what you want to avoid here is the table suddenly turning upside down on the last night from players whos been waiting, and then it gives the rest of us no chance to improve, thats a tad naughty.
  • edited March 2014
    I don't see (logistically) why they couldn't publish a list of the top 100 names, even if it's just for the sake of curiosity. It's not like it's private information, because all of these players have input the required code.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Sky Guys, this is why a table with the "best of the rest" is essential, its unfair on those who have played their 30 games and shown their hand, and now dont really know where we stand. Do you think this is somthing you could whack up for future table updates? Shouldnt take you to long..? :) Or there should be a cut off point for you to play your 30 games, then the table will just be between the players on the leaderboard. I think what you want to avoid here is the table suddenly turning upside down on the last night from players whos been waiting, and then it gives the rest of us no chance to improve, thats a tad naughty.
    Posted by alex1229
    poker is a game of edges, you would have been welcome to do the exact same thing, rules cant eb changed after the promotion has started. realistically no one playing over 40 games will make the leaderboard anyway so its only ever going to come down to whoever did the best in their 30 games regardless of whether they play them in the first few days or last few days
  • edited March 2014
    Top 100 people who have completed 30 games is useless though, we know the guy/gal that is in 89th place with 3.2% ROI has no chance.

Alex's idea is good though, show maybe the top 10-20 people that have played 20+ games AND how many games they've played, I'm in that group and don't mind my stats being shown. Otherwise I think it will be a case where tons of people play 29 games and play their 30th on the last day of the month so they won't appear on the table until it's too late for anyone to do anything (it was certainly my plan) so the final table will be not even vaguely similar to the table from the day before.

Does make for a pretty sick dynamic on 31st March though if loads of people are playing their 30th game against other people playing their 30th game and winning/beating that opponent becomes even more crucial.
  • edited March 2014
    Just played another 19 games.

Went from 30 games (27.3% roi)

to 49 games 30.2% roi.

Still not good enough :(
  • edited March 2014
    Happy with 68% but no idea if it will be enough or not.
    Annoyed with myself for 7 tabling at one point which can't be good for optimal ROI!
    Can see nervous times ahead towards the end of the promo knowing some people doing well will be waiting until the end to sneak in with their 30th game!
  • edited March 2014
    Happy with 68% but no idea if it will be enough or not. Annoyed with myself for 7 tabling at one point which can't be good for optimal ROI! Can see nervous times ahead towards the end of the promo knowing some people doing well will be waiting until the end to sneak in with their 30th game!
    Posted by gazzaluf05

I will eat my hat if 68% isnt good enough.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : poker is a game of edges, you would have been welcome to do the exact same thing, rules cant eb changed after the promotion has started. realistically no one playing over 40 games will make the leaderboard anyway so its only ever going to come down to whoever did the best in their 30 games regardless of whether they play them in the first few days or last few days
    Posted by jordz16
    Its not about changing the rules, its just to give the players who have played 30 games an idea of what is needed/to be expected to get in the top 6

Showing the top 10-20 of people who have played between 10-29 games will do that, I think most people would agree it would be beneficial for this promo? 
  • edited March 2014
    I dunno i think people who have thought about this properly and used the best tactics to make the top 6 would be pretty gutted if they had their scores leaked before they had played 30 games. Personally i wouldnt care as im fairly sure i will need 55% before i think il be on that board come the end. its the fact people have approched this in so many different ways and have different ideas about what score will be good enough that has made this promotion a great idea.
  • edited March 2014
    Watching someone eat their own hat will be a nice consolation then if I don't make it.
    I like your confidence though, very reassuring!
  • edited March 2014
    ive  only played 7 games and my roi is 30% so could go either way. i think this is a great promo and with a bit of tweaking could be a lot of fun if it was run again. And  gazzaluf i think you are pretty safe with that roi mate.
  • edited March 2014
    Watching someone eat their own hat will be a nice consolation then if I don't make it. I like your confidence though, very reassuring!
    Posted by gazzaluf05
    Ha! I will date Sarah Champion if that score isn't good enough.

Yes, that's how sure I am ;)
  • edited March 2014
    Alex - I forwarded on your "best of the rest" suggestion to the guys running the promo and, although it's a decent idea, it wouldn't be fair to introduce it part way through this promo.

Along with other tweaks mentioned in this thread it'll be considered for future versions of the promo that I'm sure will be in the pipeline.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Ha! I will date Sarah Champion if that score isn't good enough. Yes, that's how sure I am ;)
    Posted by Slipwater

haha could be in for some entertainment then if i'm knocked off the list. 

• edited March 2014
    Do sky take your average ROI on each 30 games played or on all of them played? 
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by thomas87
    Er... that's a trick question, right?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Er... that's a trick question, right?
    Posted by Slipwater
    No its not, but im guessing from your reply its all games? 
  • edited March 2014
    Id love a top 100 list yes I wont make top 6 but at least Id be motivated to finish as high as I can.
  • edited March 2014
    I have lost track of how many games I have played (I think around 15). My ROI is only around breakeven I think right now but all the same is there a way for me to figure out how far away I am from my first 30 games being completed?
  • edited March 2014
    I have lost track of how many games I have played (I think around 15). My ROI is only around breakeven I think right now but all the same is there a way for me to figure out how far away I am from my first 30 games being completed?
    Posted by jammy27
    go to my sky poker
    click on my tables
  • edited March 2014
    Can somebody be so kind as to tell me what my ROI is so far??

Played 9, W 2, 2nd in 3 and unplaced in 4
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by thomas87
    Hi Thomas.

It is the average ROI on ALL the SNG's you play.

Your ROI on a single game is just that - an ROI, it does not have an average as such.

Any further questions, just ask.

Good luck.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi tikay, just wondering wetherthe gsmes lastnight during the outage are going to be dicarded? I was not afffected by the outage but many where with 2/3 people per game away at a single time! I obviously benefited in some games, but somehow feel guilty that otherpeoples roi be afffected,

• edited March 2014
    Hi tikay, just wondering wetherthe gsmes lastnight during the outage are going to be dicarded? I was not afffected by the outage but many where with 2/3 people per game away at a single time! I obviously benefited in some games, but somehow feel guilty that otherpeoples roi be afffected,
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    Hi Boo.

Yes, an awkward, uncomfortable & unfortunate situation. I'm not in Skill & Go, but on several of my DYM Tables last night, there were 1 or more players "AWAY" through no fault of their own, & it was all a bit uncomfortable in truth, nobody wants to win in such circumstances.

As to how the outages will be dealt with as to Skill & Go, Adam answered this question last night, or more accurately, at around 1am this morning. Not a nice night for players or Management, one way & another.

Adam wrote, in reply to a similar question.....

"Hi Paul,

This is something which i dont think we will be in a position to answer fully until monday pm at the earliest.

I appreciate it's important to know and our intention is clearly to omit any sit and go's which were affected by these issues.

We'll sort this out fairly and communicate it fully on the forum when we have done so, but it may take a little time i'm afraid.

Best Wishes

Adam"