You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

Comments

• edited March 2014
    The first leaderboard has been PUBLISHED folks.

Remember it's only displaying players who have already reached the 30 game criteria so most of you won't be on there yet.

AndyL1986 setting the early pace with a solid ROI of 45%.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : hi CM I think your formulas are not right. i downloaded your spreadsheet and it differs from mine.  we need to reconcile.  it's either me or you who is right, or both wrong. regards
    Posted by aussie09

I think we are just using different methods to work out the same thing

=IF(C4="",G3,((G3*B3) + (E4/C4))/B4)

B = number of games
    C = buy in
    E = profit
    G = average ROI

so my formula in words...

IF (the buy in is blank, then use the previous average ROI, otherwise (multiply the previous Average ROI by the previous number of games played) + (the ROI from the current game) / the new total number of games))

I guess the important thing is that we get the same results?

• edited March 2014
    The first leaderboard has been PUBLISHED folks. Remember it's only displaying players who have already reached the 30 game criteria so most of you won't be on there yet. AndyL1986 setting the early pace with a solid ROI of 45%.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Erm.  I should be on the leaderboard no?

I have completed 30 games and have entered the code...
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Erm.  I should be on the leaderboard no? I have completed 30 games and have entered the code...
    Posted by gazza127
    Our report has you down as playing less than 30, looks like quite a few of your games finished after midnight last night which is probably why, you'll be on there tomorrow.
  • edited March 2014
    Depends what time they compiled it gazza. You and a few others look set to knock me out of 6th. How do the maths change once head over 30 games of regular 6max? what will a win or 2nd add to your avg roi?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Our report has you down as playing less than 30, looks like quite a few of your games finished after midnight last night which is probably why, you'll be on there tomorrow.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Can we double check the figures posted please?

Hate to be that guy, but I had to check SS to double check.  There are different av ROIs for many of the players.  It even suggests one of the players currently in the top 6 has only completed 29 games since the promo started.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : I think we are just using different methods to work out the same thing =IF(C4="",G3,((G3*B3) + (E4/C4))/B4) B = number of games C = buy in E = profit G = average ROI so my formula in words...  IF (the buy in is blank, then use the previous average ROI, otherwise (multiply the previous Average ROI by the previous number of games played) + (the ROI from the current game) / the new total number of games)) I guess the important thing is that we get the same results?
    Posted by chicknMelt

hi CM.

Yes, we agree.  I deleted my post as there was no difference.  We were both corect.

Cheers man

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Can we double check the figures posted please? Hate to be that guy, but I had to check SS to double check.  There are different av ROIs for many of the players.  It even suggests one of the players currently in the top 6 has only completed 29 games since the promo started.
    Posted by gazza127
    Which player does it say has played 29?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Can we double check the figures posted please? Hate to be that guy, but I had to check SS to double check.  There are different av ROIs for many of the players.  It even suggests one of the players currently in the top 6 has only completed 29 games since the promo started.
    Posted by gazza127
    Sharkscope has missed one of my games Gazza. Had to check my sky account after scoping myself earlier but it must have missed a game. It was a regular 6max so not sure what the problem was.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Which player does it say has played 29?
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Beno1980.

Maybe its wrong... but it seems there are different av ROIs on a number of other players too... some of which have actually posted their final ROIs on this thread.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Beno1980. Maybe its wrong... but it seems there are different av ROIs on a number of other players too... some of which have actually posted their final ROIs on this thread.
    Posted by gazza127
    Haha...

...and so the promotional discrepancies begin...
  • edited March 2014
    I'm coming for you guys!!

5 more under the belt and still going well. Totals now are....

13 played 

Wins - 5
    2nd -  3
    Losses - 5

Anyone know what that ROI is?
  • edited March 2014
    I'm coming for you guys!! 5 more under the belt and still going well. Totals now are.... 13 played  Wins - 5 2nd -  3 Losses - 5 Anyone know what that ROI is?
    Posted by Lambert180
    80.42%
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Beno1980. Maybe its wrong... but it seems there are different av ROIs on a number of other players too... some of which have actually posted their final ROIs on this thread.
    Posted by gazza127
    Right, think we've found the source of the potential data issue, conversations being had with the necessary people and we'll keep you updated on here, will aim to get this sorted as soon as possible.
  • edited March 2014
    I've basically shot myself in the foot with this promo.  Got to 30 games with an Ave ROI in the mid to high 40s.  I ask some friends, do you think that'll be enough?  No they say.  I try to improve it.  Swong.  Sigh.

So two options.  Either I give up or I end up grinding into the hundreds to try to get it back.  I wonder which I will choose.....

[ ] Actually wondering
  • edited March 2014
    So the first run of data included games where you've registered and then unregistered (not played), obviously these shouldn't be counted and will affect the number of games played and the actual ROI.

Thankfully nipped in the bud nice and early (thanks Gazza), report is being re-run now and will be published shortly.

• edited March 2014
    I've basically shot myself in the foot with this promo.  Got to 30 games with an Ave ROI in the mid to high 40s.  I ask some friends, do you think that'll be enough?  No they say.  I try to improve it.  Swong.  Sigh. So two options.  Either I give up or I end up grinding into the hundreds to try to get it back.  I wonder which I will choose..... [ ] Actually wondering
    Posted by TommyD
    I actually think mid to high 40s may have grabbed you 5th or 6th, Tommy.
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah I think you deffo shuold have stopped playing at least till the first leaderboard went up so you could assess.

As played, just give up imo. You know that getting a really big ROI over a big sample is nigh on impossible*

*This may be slightly swayed by the fact I want you to stop regging all the games I wanna play :)
  • edited March 2014
    So the first run of data included games where you've registered and then unregistered (not played), obviously these shouldn't be counted and will affect the number of games played and the actual ROI. Thankfully nipped in the bud nice and early (thanks Gazza), report is being re-run now and will be published shortly.
    Posted by Sky_DanR

I await my free entry to Sundays Roller with eagerness for pointing this out.

#ifyoudontaskyoudontget.

:)
  • edited March 2014
    The REAL table is published now. AndyL still out in front, a couple of the ROIs are a little higher now the bug has been sorted.

Gazza - our immense gratitude will have to suffice as a reward for this one :-)
  • edited March 2014
    Will be interesting to see how the table looks in a couple days

Mr Sky Dan, have you revealed how the payout for the winners table would be? Do you envisage all 6th places would be paid? 
  • edited March 2014
    The REAL table is published now. AndyL still out in front, a couple of the ROIs are a little higher now the bug has been sorted. Gazza - our immense gratitude will have to suffice as a reward for this one :-)
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Gratitude can be shown in a number of ways.

One of those ways is a gift.

I'm not fussy.  I will accept a Primo seat instead!

#youknowyouwantto

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Gratitude can be shown in a number of ways. One of those ways is a gift. I'm not fussy.  I will accept a Primo seat instead! #youknowyouwantto
    Posted by gazza127
    Mate, begging doesn't work with Mila Kunis.

What makes you think it will work with Sky Dan? ;)
  • edited March 2014
    I've basically shot myself in the foot with this promo.  Got to 30 games with an Ave ROI in the mid to high 40s.  I ask some friends, do you think that'll be enough?  No they say.  I try to improve it.  Swong.  Sigh. So two options.  Either I give up or I end up grinding into the hundreds to try to get it back.  I wonder which I will choose..... [ ] Actually wondering
    Posted by TommyD
    Erm... yeah... About that....

*runs away*
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Mate, begging doesn't work with Mila Kunis. What makes you think it will work with Sky Dan? ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Who said begging doesnt work with Mila Kunis?
  • edited March 2014
    Apologies...I did miss a game. Chance to improve slightly! 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Mate, begging doesn't work with Mila Kunis. What makes you think it will work with Sky Dan? ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Me and Mila have many things in common, begging not working on us is but one.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Erm... yeah... About that.... *runs away*
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I will dedicate the 300th STT I didn't need to play to you then BL...
  • edited March 2014
    Will be interesting to see how the table looks in a couple days Mr Sky Dan, have you revealed how the payout for the winners table would be? Do you envisage all 6th places would be paid? 
    Posted by alex1229
    Yeh all 6 paid. We're getting a Skill & Go Final placeholder put in the lobby today but the payouts will be...

1st £1500
    2nd  £1100
    3rd £900
    4th £700
    5th £500
    6th £300
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Me and Mila have many things in common, begging not working on us is but one.
    Posted by Sky_DanR

You sound like Yoda.