You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

Comments

• edited March 2014
    This is my strategy;

I'm gonna play Head Hunters to start and go for broke, ie hope to go on a heater and kick-off with a good ROI.

If (and it's a very big if that requires a ton of rungood) I'm looking down at a decent ROI that puts me in contention for a seat after say 15 games I'll then try to preserve it by switching to the low variance safety of DYMs. At that point I'll exercise careful table selection.

If my ROI is negative after 15 games I'll probably just throw in the towel and return to my normal games. If it's positive, but not positive enough to make top 6 I'll keep hammering the Head Hunters in the hope of a late surge.

Regular 6-max tables are tough at the moment due to this promotion. Whoever makes top 6 will have to run very well to get there regardless of which route they choose. I still think most, if not all, of the top 6 are likely to emerge from 6-max or Head Hunter tables. If a DYM player can make 25+ wins out of 30 and refrain from any further play then maybe they're in with a shout, time will tell.
  • edited March 2014
    Good news - I forgot to put in the bonus code so after my first batch of games didnt go so well i got to start again so to speak :)

Bad news - I've bubbled first 3 after putting in code :( lol
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    Good news - I forgot to put in the bonus code so after my first batch of games didnt go so well i got to start again so to speak :) Bad news - I've bubbled first 3 after putting in code :( lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Even worse news doesnt matter when you put the code in your first lot of game wud have counted
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Even worse news doesnt matter when you put the code in your first lot of game wud have counted
    Posted by shuv
    Not what customer service said to me before i put code in!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Not what customer service said to me before i put code in!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Just going from Tikays last post on this thread mate, its on this page a few up from your post
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Just going from Tikays last post on this thread mate, its on this page a few up from your post
    Posted by shuv
    Oh yeah just seen that - Can someone from sky confirm this?

i.e. do games you play before you enter the code count towards your 30? 

when i spoke to customer services about 2hours ago they said games before the code is entered do NOT count.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Oh yeah just seen that - Can someone from sky confirm this? i.e. do games you play before you enter the code count towards your 30?  when i spoke to customer services about 2hours ago they said games before the code is entered do NOT count.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    It's in the T and Cs that they do count before you enter the code mate.

And general rule of thumb, what ever CC say, the opposite is usually true. 
  • edited March 2014
    Here's the bit of the T&C that says they will be counted JD

3. Players can opt in at any time prior to March 23rd at 23:59 with promo code: SKILL and the leaderboard will track their average ROI based on all their 6 Max Sit & Go’s they play from Mar.18th (00:01) to Mar.31st (23:59).
  • edited March 2014
    lol really was bad news! 

WP sky customer service!
  • edited March 2014
    Quick question Guy`s Say we  finish 2nd in a sit in go six-max  & are unplaced in another .. will this counteract = 0 or will the 10% discrepancy come into play from the rake?
    Posted by footsie66
    rake is taken into account

so, in a £11 SNG, you finish 2nd . profit = £10

you enter another £11 and don't place. profit = -£1

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Oh yeah just seen that - Can someone from sky confirm this? i.e. do games you play before you enter the code count towards your 30?  when i spoke to customer services about 2hours ago they said games before the code is entered do NOT count.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Yep games you played before you entered the code would still count towards your ROI.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Yep games you played before you entered the code would still count towards your ROI.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Thanks Dan - Can you inform Sky customer services of that too :)
  • edited March 2014
    Good news - I forgot to put in the bonus code so after my first batch of games didnt go so well i got to start again so to speak :) Bad news - I've bubbled first 3 after putting in code :( lol
    Posted by jdsallstar
    JD,

I get in right trouble with Upstairs when I try to do "Customer Care"" stuff, but the Terms & Conditions seem, to me, quite clear.

T & C # 3 states......

3. Players can opt in at any time prior to March 23rd at 23:59 with promo code: SKILL and the leaderboard will track their average ROI based on all their 6 Max Sit & Go’s they play from Mar.18th (00:01) to Mar.31st (23:59).

The full T & C's are on the Skill & go Promo Page,
    HERE

However, CC is the official route if you wish to clarify it, not me.

• edited March 2014

Quick question please to anyone who may have been in a similar sort of situation in the past.
    I regged for a DYM a few minutes prior to midnight [night of the 17th] the game started after midnight [the 18th]
    would this count as one of my '30' do you think?
    I'm hoping so!

DYM current standing
    20-3

• edited March 2014

Anyway......

Good Luck to everyone tonight.

Let's do this thing, as the kids say.

I'll reply to any further stuff tomorrow, I've got some PLO8 DYM's to crush. Well, squeeze gently. Maybe.

Have you noticed how, in poker-speak, everyone either crushes, or gets did the lot?

Nobody ever does "OK", or, "lost a little bit".

Have a good evening.

• edited March 2014
    Quick question please to anyone who may been in a similar sort of situation in the past. I regged for a DYM a few minutes prior to midnight [night of the 17th] the game started after midnight [the 18th] would this count as one of my '30' do you think? I'm hoping so! DYM current standing 20-3
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    No idea, Twiglet Lady. Logically, I'd think not, but you'd need to get that clarified. I'll try & find out in the morning.

There needs to be a clear start & finish line, or the sort it out Sky brigade would be out in full force.  

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : JD, I get in right trouble with Upstairs when I try to do "Customer Care"" stuff, but the Terms & Conditions seem, to me, quite clear. T & C # 3 states...... 3. Players can opt in at any time prior to March 23rd at 23:59 with promo code: SKILL and the leaderboard will track their average ROI based on all their 6 Max Sit & Go’s they play from Mar.18th (00:01) to Mar.31st (23:59). The full T & C's are on the Skill & go Promo Page, HERE However, CC is the official route if you wish to clarify it, not me.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I agree those T&C's look fairly clear to me. However at the time I hadn't read them and thought contacting customer care would be easiest and get me the most comprehensive response.

Customer care told me that games played before the code was entered would NOT count towards the end leaderboard.

So in this instance the official route was not the best route lol

No bother though as it didn't look like I was getting too far in this promo! 

Many thanks for the reply in any case.
  • edited March 2014
    so is everyone playing dydms or regulars?
  • edited March 2014
    hi guys im back after a ban off chat played on another site doing pretty good on 6man sit n goes,i use pokerprolabs dont no how to use the roi it has a graph mines full but no%. 135 wins 188 loses on $7 sit n goes.heared about this so hopefully friday get the wheels rolling and show sky poker whos the greatest of all time this is theory mind end up coming last i expect but il give it my best good luck guys ul need it wen facing the lizzard)))))))))
  • edited March 2014
    Sneaked another 3 in tonight, not so good.

One I got HU with chip lead, but read too much TeddyBloat(!) and shoved over a 3x at 100/200 with T8s, snapped by AK which held.

Bust the other two, one of which was particularly cruel not managing to hold with AT vs QT on AJT, then getting it in with Q4 vs AT on 234, T on turn, calling a button shove with AT and losing to K2s then finally when short AJ < 55 < QT - all in the same game! Crazy scenes.

ROI taken a battering, and is down to 64% after 9. Interested to see how the leaderboard is shaping up for those who have made 30+.
  • edited March 2014
    30 complete.

Was all going swimmingly until game 20.  Then I couldnt win an all in... regardless of how far I was in front!  Meh.  How it goes.  You need some rungood if you're gunna win this.  Sadly I didnt.  Recouped a little with a win on my last game but...

Wins - 8

2nd - 7

No Cashes - 15

Av ROI - 39.1%

Could have been so much better.  I fear I wont even be in the top 20, let alone top 6.

Oh well.  Made £111 on the way so can't complain.

• edited March 2014
    I guess all eyes will be on the first leaderboard..?
  • edited March 2014
    somebody help please!!! 

3x DYMs 2 wins 1 loss

1 x 6max 2.20 staked - win for 7.80

is that about 103 return (or am i way out) 
  • edited March 2014
    somebody help please!!!  3x DYMs 2 wins 1 loss 1 x 6max 2.20 staked - win for 7.80 is that about 103 return (or am i way out)  
    Posted by imber

Hi imber - I created a spreadsheet to work it all out for you - just fill in the amount staked and the amount cashed in each game. it does the rest for you.

ps, i used a different file hosting provider this time
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/24321549/file.html Hi imber - I created a spreadsheet to work it all out for you - just fill in the amount staked and the amount cashed in each game. it does the rest for you. ps, i used a different file hosting provider this time
    Posted by chicknMelt
    HI CHICKENMELT - thanx for the link - it is really confusing. which download to i select to avoid loads of unwanted stuff? ***** 
    got it thanx - very useful (79.55 ongoing) worse than i thought but now i have a tracker - nice one!!!
  • edited March 2014

here's a spreadsheet to help.

first type (or copy and paste) these four rows into your spreadsheet
    A B C D E
    game stake return % total%
    1 0.55  0 -100.00 -100.00
    2 0.55 1.95 254.55 77.27
    then add formulas in column D to say....  =IF(C3=0,-100,(C3-B3)/B3*100)

and column E to say....   =SUM(D$3:D3)/A3

and copy those cells down the page.

• edited March 2014
    Just got a few more games in and I'm really off to an epic start, hope I can manage to keep it going all the way.

I played 5 games this morning, 2 of them I lost (4th and 5th place), then I came 1st in all of the other 3 so that brings my total stats up to.

Wins - 4
    2nd   - 1
    Loss - 3

Smoke break, then gonna go for a few more.
  • edited March 2014

That's most helpful Rob, I'll soon be able to work my ROI out now.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : HI CHICKENMELT - thanx for the link - it is really confusing. which download to i select to avoid loads of unwanted stuff? *****  got it thanx - very useful (79.55 ongoing) worse than i thought but now i have a tracker - nice one!!!
    Posted by imber

hmm, I see what you mean!

for anyone else that tries to download this - use the orange button that says "download now" to the right of the screen.

advice in general, if you arent sure which link to click (or if to click it at all!) - when you hover over a link, you can see in the bottom left corner of your browser window where it is going to take you. So to find my download, your looking for the one that ends aveROI.xlsx
  • edited March 2014
    That's most helpful Rob, I'll soon be able to work my ROI out now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    very useful piece of kit the worksheet from chicknmelt - can also put in pretend figures to plan ahead - i feel a strategy coming on!!!!!!