You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    Hi all, I played 18 games yesterday (my most in over a year), won 11 and lost 7. Personally very dissapointed as I think Ive blown any chance I had of the promo. ROI of 8% I think so my aim now for the rest of the promo is to hopefully increase this roi and finish as high as I possibly can even if that means not making the top 6. As Tikay said only a small % of the players will make top 6 so for the majority of us its about trying to get as high an roi as possible....so if we cannot make the top 6 maybe we can aim to make the top 20 leaderboard anyhow so lets not give up hope! If sky could extend their leaderboard to top 50 or top 100 I think this would be a great idea to give us incentive to finish as high as possible just a thought! That been said I really had fun at the table despite feeling poorly atm! In my opinion this is the best promo sky have ran bringing 6 max and dym players together in competition and everyone seems to be enjoying it (certainly a talking point). There is a few things I would tweek if sky run this again and hopefully they will so lets keep playing to make this a success! Good luck all Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Agree with all that, Ger.

Hope you soon feel a little better.
  • edited March 2014
    1.3% ROI is good right? RIGHT??
    Posted by gazza127
    Yes yes, Gazza, you are right, 1.3% is very good. MUCH better than 1.2%, fo sho 
  • edited March 2014
    Played one. Came 2nd.

ROI - 90%.

Stop now, yeah?
  • edited March 2014
    "We will measure your level of skill based on the average  ROI   (Return On Investment) of   30   or more 6 Max Sit & Go’s. The top 20 will be able to track their progress on our leaderboard." Is there a leaderboard we can look at? I can't seem to find it and I am looking forward to seeing how the players from Double Your Money do against the Single Game players.
    Posted by Cardbeater
    Cardy!

Good to see you on the Forum at last, after sharing hundreds of DYM tables with you.

The Promotion began yesterday, so the first Leaderboard will presumably be published some time today.
  • edited March 2014
    love this.....great idea tk....always enjoyed sng.. so far  played 4 ......1st,2nd,painful 4th and busted aa 5th lol. onwards and upwards (I hope)  gl all
    Posted by cardu
    It was not MY idea, Cardu, but yes, it seems to have caught the imagination like few Promos have.  

The table chatter last night was awesome, everyone talklng about it.

That your car in your avatar photo? Very nice.
  • edited March 2014
    Is there anything for lowest roi?
    Posted by gerardirl
    Sorry Ger, but "lowest ROI" is already reserved.

• edited March 2014
    Got 33.3% AV ROI playing £5 DYMS. Don't have a chance playing DYMS imo. I won 23/30 in this effort, which i think is fairly good! GL all 
    Posted by heddoh18
    Good luck heddoh, keep it up.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Tikay, way too much chatter on this promotion for me to be bother actually reading..... Do Omaha 6 Max sng's count?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Yup, they sure do, Simon. ANY 6 player SNG in the SNG Lobby counts.

Now get back to Cycling tips. ;)
  • edited March 2014
    1.3% ROI is good right? RIGHT??
    Posted by gazza127
    For you? 

...yes!
  • edited March 2014

Now I have a question for you guys!

I have not entered "Skill & Go", & will not be doing so. But I'm curious as to my average ROI for yesterday, just so I can get a better feel for how it works. 

I played 30 DYM's yesterday, & won 18 of them, which is about average for me. What average ROI would that give me?

• edited March 2014
    Your 9.1%Tikay......oh Im on 10% im beating Tikay woohooo take a photo now before it changes! haha!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : For you?  ...yes!
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Sigh.

GO AWAY.

Do I make myself clear?

PS - I think you played ONE PLO8 DYM last night (you, yammy & myself all cashed) & that was it. Not embarrassed to Hit & Run, right?

PPS - Might discuss that "bit of verbal" on my diary later. You did make me laugh with your response.  
  • edited March 2014
    Your 9.1%Tikay......oh Im on 10% im beating Tikay woohooo take a photo now before it changes! haha!
    Posted by gerardirl

• edited March 2014
    Now I have a question for you guys! I have not entered "Skill & Go", & will not be doing so. But I'm curious as to my average ROI for yesterday, just so I can get a better feel for how it works.  I played 30 DYM's yesterday, & won 18 of them, which is about average for me. What average ROI would that give me?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    As stakes don't matter, let's assume they were all £11 DYMs

Total staked = £330
    Total won = £360

Profit/stake = ROI

30/330 = 9.090909...
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Sigh. GO AWAY. Do I make myself clear? PS - I think you played ONE PLO8 DYM last night (you, yammy & myself all cashed) & that was it. Not embarrassed to Hit & Run, right? PPS - Might discuss that "bit of verbal" on my diary later. You did make me laugh with your response.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol. 

...I can't help it if I play 1 plo8 dym and you all run off scared can I? None ran after that one I think. 

Haha, yeah, I do get tempted in to responding sometimes. Hope I didn't come across too rude. 

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : As stakes don't matter, let's assume they were all £11 DYMs Total staked = £330 Total won = £360 Profit/stake = ROI 30/330 = 90.90909...
    Posted by chicknMelt
    90.9%?

I'll take that.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Lol.  ...I can't help it if I play 1 plo8 dym and you all run off scared can I? None ran after that one I think.  Haha, yeah, I do get tempted in to responding sometimes. Hope I didn't come across too rude. 
    Posted by chicknMelt
    No, it was the perfect way to respond, even he laughed & said "wp".
  • edited March 2014
    There hasn't been 10 players who have reached the 30 SnG criteria with a positive average ROI on today's report so there won't be a leaderboard update today. 

There will definitely be enough players tomorrow so that's when the first leaderboard will be hoisted up.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : 90.9%? I'll take that.
    Posted by Tikay10

you had me for a minute there... Luckily you can't edit the origional post :)

my PLO8 DYM roi last night was 81% ... you clearly have a long way to go before you reach my level ;)

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : you had me for a minute there... Luckily you can't edit the origional post :) my PLO8 DYM roi last night was 81% ... you clearly have a long way to go before you reach my level ;)
    Posted by chicknMelt
    You only played one!

I played 30, so I would qualify for the (non-existent) Leaderboard if I had entered.

I will not entertain further discussion on this matter.

PS - Apologies for the accidental FYP.

• edited March 2014

Hi all good luck to everyone playing in this promotion.
    Im gonna be grinding hard in the £10-£55 nl hold em Dyms. 
    They do count in this right ?
  • edited March 2014
    Hi all good luck to everyone playing in this promotion. Im gonna be grinding hard in the £10-£55 nl hold em Dyms.  They do count in this right ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Sure do Timmy - good luck!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Yes yes, Gazza, you are right, 1.3% is very good. MUCH better than 1.2%, fo sho  
    Posted by Tikay10

Bit better now.

6 max record is now 5-1-7

Bit better than the 0-0-4 i started with!

Av ROI is now 51%.

1/3 of the way there.  Just need to keep improving and hopefully I can put up a score thats in contention.
  • edited March 2014
    Completed my 30 but very disappointing after the great start I had (54.5% roi after 21 games)

Played:30

Won: 7

Runner Up: 7

No cash: 16

Av ROI 27.3%

Will probably play last day or 2 of promo when I'll have a better idea of what ROI is needed for top 6.
  • edited March 2014
    If you enter the code, after say your first 7 games where you didn't get one cash, does it count those previous attempts? Or the 30 games once the code has been entered?
  • edited March 2014
    If you enter the code, after say your first 7 games where you didn't get one cash, does it count those previous attempts? Or the 30 games once the code has been entered?
    Posted by nickd49931
    Hi Nick.

No, it counts ALL your attempts, including those BEFORE you entered the Code.

T & C # 3 states.....

Players can opt in at any time prior to March 23rd at 23:59 with promo code: SKILL and the leaderboard will track their average ROI based on all their 6 Max Sit & Go’s they play from Mar.18th (00:01) to Mar.31st (23:59).

Note that it is not "30 games" as such, it is a MINIMUM of 30 games.

Good luck.
  • edited March 2014
    If you re enter the code it puts you back to the start again....

(joke)
  • edited March 2014
    £3.30 buy-in. A few more like this and I might be in with a chance;
    GaryQQQ120001£16.20 Head Prizes4 
    Fundz02 0 
    mkgunner03 0 
    Kira8604£1.80 Head Prizes1 
    jadams05 0 
    REDFACE6906 0
  • edited March 2014
    Loving this promo, especially cos there is no ONE best way to do it so everyone is having to use their noggin.

It's an interesting one Gary as to whether these Head Hunter games are better than regulars... I'd lean towards not but I'm happy to be proven wrong. I'm not having a go at your for playing them, I just like the debate and am interested as to whether they are the better route 

The payouts in a reg are 65% and 35% for 1st and 2nd I think so for a £3 it's £11.70 and £6.30

In your game as an example, everyone's head is worth £3 and you get £1.80 for everyone you KO. So you need to knock out 40% of your opponents (2 out of 5) to just get a tiny bit above break even.

A few scenarios...

1) You come 1st but the only head you get is winning the HU - His £1.80 + the £3 on your head + the other £1.20 that would get added to your head from knocking him out. So total cash of £6 (less than 2nd place in a reg)

2) You knock out 4 people but lose the HU (which is vvv hard/unlikely) - 4 x £1.80 heads. So total cash £7.20 (that's a bit better than 2nd in a reg but imo much harder/less likely to happen)

3) You get HU but without taking any heads and lose - you get nothing (MUCH worse than a regular).

4) You win it and take 3 heads in total - 3 x £3 (cos you'll get the £1.20s back at the end on your own head when you win) + your own £3. Total cash of £12. That again is vvv hard/unlikely and is only a tiny bit better than just winning a regular.

It seems that the only way to get a noticeably better ROI than regs is that you HAVE to win it AND knock out at least 4 of the 5 opponents. Doing that more than a couple of times in 30 games is gonna require ALOT of rungood.

I really don't know how to work out which one would be better longterm but instinctly my brain says it has to be regulars.

Obv if you take the point of view, to make top 6 I'm gonna need to heater like mad (which is probably true) then these give you a chance of a really big ROI but it's very gambly for me and I think the big ROIs will be few and far between.
  • edited March 2014
    Played first 2.....nothing, then a victory in the second game. Shame the loss came in a £5 and the win in a £3.

But who cares about all that nonsense when I gave TommyD a filthy suckout en route to first!