You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

167891012»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Good luck to all challenging......in particular Waooga and Jac35!

Hope to see your names in the top 6 tomorrow!
  • edited March 2014
    Incase anyone was interested if you played 30 dyms and won 28 your roi would be 69.68% (assuming you played the lower rake buy ins) so this currently is enough to make top six but probably wont last the day.

So its likely you needed 29 wins from 30 in dyms to have qualified for this promo.

This confirms what most people had thought prior to the promo so hopefully sky can run a dym promo some time inthe future :)

Fascinating promo all the same.....just wondering if those in 5th, 6th and 7th place are considering playing again tonight or staying put?
  • edited April 2014
    Made a late attempt to complete on the last day.  After 26 games was on 67.83%, regged for another accidently and lost so had to try to play catch up in the last 1hr and ran like Forest Gump with no legs when all I needed to do was reg for 4 dyms.

Excellent promo but will definitely not try it with 1 day to go!  Congrats to all those who made the top 6!
  • edited April 2014
    Fantastic promotion.

Think I may have missed out. I can see that a few have gone past me. A couple with stats blocked may also have got there. Plus there may be a couple who have completed their games today.

Saw DoubleAAA was having a run at it. Looked like he would do it. You actually got 70% at one stage.

Huge congrats to Waooga. To get that ROI having played 30 of your 33 games as Dyms is an incredible achievement.
    Also well done to Pocket9s. Must have been a tough decision to play that one game and all credit to you for getting a result.

• edited April 2014
    Would be decent if colluding wasn't allowed.
  • edited April 2014
    Was sitting in 5th on the last day, but assumed many on the boarder would be playing to try push some of us out of the top 6, so i decided to take a big gamble and play 1 more six max, and took it down. So i should now have a ROI of 76.08% if im not mistaken, so hopefully ill see some of you guys Thursday at 9pm :).
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    Fantastic promotion. Think I may have missed out. I can see that a few have gone past me. A couple with stats blocked may also have got there. Plus there may be a couple who have completed their games today. Saw DoubleAAA was having a run at it. Looked like he would do it. You actually got 70% at one stage. Huge congrats to Waooga. To get that ROI having played 30 of your 33 games as Dyms is an incredible achievement. Also well done to Pocket9s. Must have been a tough decision to play that one game and all credit to you for getting a result.
    Posted by Jac35
    Hi jac and ty... Yeah it was a very tough decision to play one last game.  I thought a few may overtake me, but figured that you wouldnt p,ay thinking your seat was safe so i played 1 dym which would take me past you if i won or out of it if i lost.. £3 dym?? More like playing a 500 dym!! Was the worst dym of my life. Started well winning a few big pots with a flopped straight and quads.. But then on the bubble slipwater knew my position and used it to bully my blinds.. He knew i went gonna call without a premium and attacked my blinds until i snapped and called his all in with AQ v his A10. He hit his 10 on flop and i was nearly crying until a miracle on river gave me the straight. 

Hope we r both in jac. See you thuresday!!
  • edited April 2014
    Was sitting in 5th on the last day, but assumed many on the boarder would be playing to try push some of us out of the top 6, so i decided to take a big gamble and play 1 more six max, and took it down. So i should now have a ROI of 76.08% if im not mistaken, so hopefully ill see some of you guys Thursday at 9pm :).
    Posted by GSmith13
    Well played 
    Was kind of hoping the top 6 would all sit out yesterday :)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Well played  Was kind of hoping the top 6 would all sit out yesterday :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Phew.. we just about made it, alot of movement on final day!!
  • edited April 2014
    1SCRIBBLER78.79%Entry to the £5,000 6-max Skill & Go, LIVE on Sky Poker TV channel 861
    2GSMITH1375.32%Entry to the £5,000 6-max Skill & Go, LIVE on Sky Poker TV channel 861
    3WAOOGA74.76%Entry to the £5,000 6-max Skill & Go, LIVE on Sky Poker TV channel 861
    4POCKET9S74.43%Entry to the £5,000 6-max Skill & Go, LIVE on Sky Poker TV channel 861
    5JAC3574.40%Entry to the £5,000 6-max Skill & Go, LIVE on Sky Poker TV channel 861
    6ALEX122973.53%Entry to the £5,000 6-max Skill & Go, LIVE on Sky Poker TV channel 861
    7CHRISDBOY72.14% 
    8SIR-GARY70.65% 
    9DOUBLEAAA60.33% 
    10GAZZALUF0558.86%

• edited April 2014
    Unlucky to those that just missed out, and very well played to those that made it. GL to all, especially Jac!

73% is way higher than I thought would be needed to make top 6!
  • edited April 2014

Congrats to all 6, & good luck on Thursday.
  • edited April 2014
    wp all 6

and commiserations to CHRISDBOY & Sir-Gary who also got terrific scores but just missed out.
  • edited April 2014
    congrats everyone.

anyone in and around the leaderboard fancy telling us how may games you played, and any last minute punts?
  • edited April 2014
    congrats everyone. anyone in and around the leaderboard fancy telling us how may games you played, and any last minute punts?
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    38 for me Teddy

After I'd played 31 I thought I might have done enough with 68%
    Realised by Saturday that it wouldn't quite make it. Regged a few games and lost first 2, hence the whining on my thread.  Fortunately from there I went into luckbox mode. Won the next 3 and was feeling rather pleased with myself. 2 more games suddenly popped up and to my horror I remembered that I'd regged a couple more when I was sulking about the first 2 games.  Luckily, I won one of them and from there waited it out.
  • edited April 2014
    congrats everyone. anyone in and around the leaderboard fancy telling us how may games you played, and any last minute punts?
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I played all but 4 of my 33 games on the last day (the 4 I played the previous night) and was on 73.12% after 23 games and 67.83% after 26 games (the 26th game I finished 2nd after having my AA cracked HU vs K4s for just over 20bigs all in pf).  That game was crucial as if I had finished first I would have regged for dyms for the remaining 4 games.  Proceeded to not cash in games 27-29 which took me way down to 50.47%. 

I had just over 1hr so regged for a further 4 games, finishing 2nd in games 30-32 and 1st in game 33.  Basically ran out of time. 

played - 33
    1st - 9
    2nd - 11
    no cash - 13

Congrats to the 6 who made it and very well played to the other two who just missed out.
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I think i played 33 games, all of which were 6 max sit and go's, as i worked out at the start of the promotion this was the way to go, and avoid the DYM's. 

Out of the 33 games:

1st - 13
    2nd - 8
    No cash - 12

As I mentioned in a previous post I was sitting in 5th on 70% on the final day, and decided to try increase my ROI, as i believed that many would be trying to overake the top 6 at the end. So i played 1 more and managed to get a 1st, and moved up to 75%, and im glad i did now, otherwise I would'nt have made it lol.
  • edited April 2014
    nerves. of. steel. lol.

did you play 6max then jac?
  • edited April 2014
    Fantastic promotion. Think I may have missed out. I can see that a few have gone past me. A couple with stats blocked may also have got there. Plus there may be a couple who have completed their games today. Saw DoubleAAA was having a run at it. Looked like he would do it. You actually got 70% at one stage. Huge congrats to Waooga. To get that ROI having played 30 of your 33 games as Dyms is an incredible achievement. Also well done to Pocket9s. Must have been a tough decision to play that one game and all credit to you for getting a result.
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks Jac :)

My final tally was 33 games.

Played 30 x DYMs – Cashed 27

Played 3 x 6 Max – 1st in all 3

Late yesterday decided with nothing to lose to try and get 1st in 3 x 6 max games, which would give an ROI with a chance of a final 6 place, I ended up running like the almighty. I went into heads up with a big chip lead in the last game and ended up winning a 2nd all in pre-flop  when my slightly ahead king high held up – lost the 1st all in on the river when again my slightly ahead King high didn’t hold to the other players Q high (queen on the river). It was a nail biting game and my heart was racing big time.

Just realised there is a downside, in that my general butchering of hands will be shown on live TV but I’m looking forward to limping on the button!

Well played all and thanks Ger for the encouraging words - decided to have that one final go.
  • edited April 2014
    nerves. of. steel. lol. did you play 6max then jac?
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Yep. Six-max, we're not all Waooga!
    I wouldn't have got close playing my normal dyms.
    First time that I've played standard SnG's in about 6 years. Took a while to adjust and play for the win as opposed to Dym strategy. 
  • edited April 2014
    Well that was exciting!
    Good experience!
    Would sky be able to put every body 's details in a table, so that we get the final picture!

Played 45 (all 6 max)
    Won 12
    2nd place 12
    No Cash  21

ROI 45.45
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Yep. Six-max, we're not all Waooga! I wouldn't have got close playing my normal dyms. First time that I've played standard SnG's in about 6 years. Took a while to adjust and play for the win as opposed to Dym strategy. 
    Posted by Jac35
    Took a while to adjust. .....

How many games
    3?

I'm still gobsmacked how you can go from dyms to 6 max and TID like that. Awesome work.

• edited April 2014
    well I played 35 in total lost 8 of my first 12 and thought it was all over, but I recovered to get 70%. Unfortunately it wan't enough
  • edited April 2014
    Is there a tourney in the lobby for this chaps? I had seen it before, but seems to have dissappeared? WD all btw
  • edited April 2014
    P30

Won - 9
    2nd - 9
    Lost - 12
  • edited April 2014
    Fantastic...well done Jac and Waooga. Something tells me there will be a twist and that 7th place will move up to 6th.

Guys I will be railing you both on Thursday.

Good luck and more importantly have fun. Waooga make sure you play to win dont tighten up despite the prizes!

Ger
  • edited April 2014
    Fantastic...well done Jac and Waooga. Something tells me there will be a twist and that 7th place will move up to 6th. Guys I will be railing you both on Thursday. Good luck and more importantly have fun. Waooga make sure you play to win dont tighten up despite the prizes! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Will try not to tighten up - you know the stakes I play so it will be hard not to think about the £200 per place - I'm probably inviting chip bullying posting this lol!

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Thanks waooga. I usually play a few dyms but for this promo felt the roi wernt big enough for them.. Just got lucky in a few reg sngs.  Won 12            2nd 5           Lost 13 Dosent look as good as ur results but the roi is higher.  I hope it be enough for top 6!!
    Posted by pocket9s
    or not as the case may be

how little did you realise, Tikay, when you chose the thread title
    so apt, so very very apt.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : or not as the case may be how little did you realise, Tikay, when you chose the thread title so apt, so very very apt.
    Posted by GELDY
    !

• edited April 2014
    To be honest, I am very surprised pocket9s had such a high win rate, because I played him in the last game he played. It was a DYM on the final day. He limped into pots almost all the time (and yes, bigflop1 was there), and I remember thinking it was odd that he could win 12 of 30 games playing that way...