You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies

Comments

• edited March 2014
    well 9 games in roi 40.040404% lol. I have played 3 six max and won 1, not cashed in other 2 and cashed in 5/6 dym's. I don't know whether to try a six max next as a win would push my roi to 71%.with 10 games under my belt, I must say this is a very interesting concept for a promo and I hope it is repeated in the future. Decisions decisions......
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies:
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : Hi Boo. Yes, an awkward, uncomfortable & unfortunate situation. I'm not in Skill & Go, but on several of my DYM Tables last night, there were 1 or more players "AWAY" through no fault of their own, & it was all a bit uncomfortable in truth, nobody wants to win in such circumstances.   As to how the outages will be dealt with as to Skill & Go, Adam answered this question last night, or more accurately, at around 1am this morning. Not a nice night for players or Management, one way & another. Adam wrote, in reply to a similar question..... "Hi Paul, This is something which i dont think we will be in a position to answer fully until monday pm at the earliest. I appreciate it's important to know and our intention is clearly to omit any sit and go's which were affected by these issues. We'll sort this out fairly and communicate it fully on the forum when we have done so, but it may take a little time i'm afraid. Best Wishes Adam"
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for your swift reply, I obviously gained from last nights outage,  going from 51%to 75.4% after 18 games ,but others prob lost any chance on the promo , as you saynobody wants to win in such circumstances, and as I can imagine the difference between the roi for 6th and 7th could have mean that last nights outage could have a determining factor, 
    But on the other hand the table dynamics changed quite considerably and I ended up losing a couple of games that I would have played very differently.
    I await the response of sky, but feel I can't play any more sngs, as if last nights games count or don't count then I will obviously Have to play maybe a higher or lower variance game.
  • edited March 2014
    Played 14 DYMs today, lost 1 :D
  • edited March 2014
    Time to ruin my ROI going for the win.

No point playing for top 20 now.
  • edited March 2014
    Sigh just bubbled my 23rd game in really annoying fashion. Was absolutely smashing it, had over 5k of the 12k chips in play with 4 left then the guy to my left just kept finding hands. He's short and I jam K9 into him BvB and he has AA, then I jam KT BvB into him and he wakes up with AK, I hit my T but we both make broadway on the river for a chop luckily. We go 3handed and then BvB again I jam A9 and he wakes up with AK again, and this time my get-out-ability has ran out and he finishes me off.

ROI is now 50.5% after 23 games, really frustrating cos I was pretty much a lock for at least a cash and good shape for a win which would have been a great start to my final 8 games.

7 more games to go and need 3 wins imo..... some luck needed me thinks.
  • edited March 2014
    After 11 games my average ROI is a puny +3.6%.

19 games left, so still time for a heater.

Not running too good, lost KK<JJ aipf for over 50% of the chips in play to bubble a 6-max. Running well below 50% in standard flips, including JJ<KQ aipf for nearly all the prize money in a head hunter.
  • edited March 2014
    Played 14 DYMs today, lost 1 :D
    Posted by mrsduck
     Must do better:P
  • edited March 2014
    Just completed my 15th game with and ROI of  58.18%. Lost my last 2 which took my average down by over 24% which ruined it a bit but still in with a shout.
    Have played Omaha or Omaha hilo 6max for all but one of the 15 and have decided to stick with them evn though its a waiting game trying to get them going.
  • edited March 2014
    Completely blew it tonight. Out of my last 8 games I managed to win 2 (and no other cashes) which was 1 short of what I think I needed. Apart from the 2 I won I ran pretty terrible in the other 6 which I guess anyone who gets as close to the top 6 as I have done can't complain about because you will have ran amazing to get this close.

I knew looking at ChickenMelt's spreadsheet that if I could win game 31 then I still had a shot so I gave it 1 more go. All was going well and got into a spot 4 handed where I 3bet jammed A4 over a shorty open (he called with KQ and would have lost to me).... but for some reason the CL thought it was a good idea to cold call my 15xBB shove with T4o and then do trips on me after the Axx flop.

So that leaves me with a total of 31 games 34.6% ROI (it was 39.09% before I played game 31)

I can get to a 47% ROI which MIGHT be enough (but unlikely) but either winning 2 more regs back to back OR playing a Head Hunter and knocking all 5 people out lol so might give one of them options a punt and after that it'll be gg.

At least my name will be on the leaderboard now ;)

GL everyone else.

• edited March 2014
    P 51 

12x Wins,  13x 2nds,   26x No cashes

Av ROI 32.1%.

It's pretty much gameover for me, each win only adds about 4% to my ROI now I've played so many.
  • edited March 2014
    Well good luck to you all, you need a good run for this and I strongly suspect by ROI of 9% though much better than a ROI of -9% will not be getting me into the top 6 places. Still it was a good promotion and one I hope they will consider running again in the future. As a suggestion for future ones perhaps it should be your best block of 30 S & G's should count, as it means if you have a bad run you can still give it another go, and keep interest in it. Of course this may be too difficult to actually keep check of I reall don't know.
  • edited March 2014
    I agree sir gary and it encourages people to keep playing which is only good for sky. They ran another promo before which was your best win streak....and if you broke it you started again but that mainly suits dyms players. Another good suggestion I read was to have 3 dym players qualify and 3 six max.
  • edited March 2014
    Played my first 10 games now.

W2, 2nd in 4 and non placed in 4.......not sure what the ROI is but I do know that my HU game can't be up to much!!!
  • edited March 2014
    Arrrgggghhh!  Had to win for a respectable 53.4% ROI, get heads up and we're all-in pre, have to hold for huge chip lead .. AQh vs KJc flop is low but two clubs. Turn blanks out, river is a club :(  Have played 32 now and at 48.3%.

Played all 6-max, placing:

1: 8
    2: 10
    3: 10
    4: 3
    5: 1
    6: 0

A little less bubbling or a little more run-good/play-good heads up and top 6 might have been achievable. Fine margins!  In two minds whether to play a few more. 48.3 puts me just outside top 6 but no doubt this will drop further in the coming days. Not even sure 53.4 would have been enough.

Still, as other have said, great promo! Really enjoyed it. It has temporarily interrupted my DYM grind that I've recently got back into, but to be honest I think I needed the break.

GL all.
  • edited March 2014
    Played my first 10 games now. W2, 2nd in 4 and non placed in 4.......not sure what the ROI is but I do know that my HU game can't be up to much!!!
    Posted by waller02
    47.274 - you have to use the calculator mentioned earlier - it is brilliant waller

http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/24321549/file.html       from chicknmelt 

press the button on the right (on the site) to download!!!!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : 47.274 - you have to use the calculator mentioned earlier - it is brilliant waller http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/24321549/file.html       from chicknmelt  press the button on the right (on the site) to download!!!!
    Posted by imber
    ah right, cheers for the link, will download it now

Edit: can't use it as I don't have Microsoft excel, office etc. on my laptop

Oh well, will just play the 30 and see where I stand lol

So far played 12

W - 4
    2nd - 4
    Unplaced - 4

Even spread there!
  • edited March 2014
    what does everyone think will be needed for top 6? on the leaderboard but don't think 54% will be enough
  • edited March 2014
    7 games in ...spent 7.90 return 12.90....ROI is around 76% is this correct? or am i doing something wrong
  • edited March 2014
    on a similar note, would be be possible to update the leaderboard more regularly on the final day?
    Posted by philsbig
    I agree with this
  • edited March 2014
    7 games in ...spent 7.90 return 12.90....ROI is around 76% is this correct? or am i doing something wrong
    Posted by kev1993

It's not based on Total ROI (what you seem to be using above) which is just basically how much profit you've made in total as a percentage of how much you've invested in total.

The above way means you could win 1 x £50 SnG for £200, then play 29 x 60p games and no matter how bad you did in them, the amount you won compared to your total investment would be huge (which isn't very fair).

The way this works is Average ROI, so winning a SnG will be an X% ROI regardless of whether it was a £1 game or £50 game. Hard to work out yourself, best way is to just use the spreadsheet ChickenMelt posted in this thread on page 7
  • edited March 2014
    Finished 30 games ROI 37.84%
    Will try to keep pushing it up over the next week :)
    GL everyone!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : It's not based on Total ROI (what you seem to be using above) which is just basically how much profit you've made in total as a percentage of how much you've invested in total. The above way means you could win 1 x £50 SnG for £200, then play 29 x 60p games and no matter how bad you did in them, the amount you won compared to your total investment would be huge (which isn't very fair). The way this works is Average ROI, so winning a SnG will be an X% ROI regardless of whether it was a £1 game or £50 game. Hard to work out yourself, best way is to just use the spreadsheet ChickenMelt posted in this thread on page 7
    Posted by Lambert180
    cheers for the reply ...i thought i was doing something wrong
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Chirps Binks & Porkies : 47.274 - you have to use the calculator mentioned earlier - it is brilliant waller http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/24321549/file.html       from chicknmelt  press the button on the right (on the site) to download!!!!
    Posted by imber
    great file from chicknmelt imo ..great way for us players (who dont get the jist) to work it out easy ....15games in ROI 55%..booooya
  • edited March 2014
    Destroyed my 40%+ ROI between games 35-41 with 5 losses on the bounce. Interestingly, my results are no bettter at the £1.10 level than higher, and I bust 4 of the last 5 games on the bubble where I shoved a marginal and was called light...... playing the lowest stakes may not be the answer if you are after consistency in your results.

Good luck to the rest of you!
  • edited March 2014
    I've played 9, won 1 and came 2nd once. Is it worth even carrying on?
  • edited March 2014
    Destroyed my 40%+ ROI between games 35-41 with 5 losses on the bounce. Interestingly, my results are no bettter at the £1.10 level than higher, and I bust 4 of the last 5 games on the bubble where I shoved a marginal and was called light...... playing the lowest stakes may not be the answer if you are after consistency in your results. Good luck to the rest of you!
    Posted by jimb0d1
    i have only played low stakes 1.10 6max....im maintaining 55-60% onto 20 games now...hopefully i can keep it up
  • edited March 2014
    Leaderboard updated for today guys.

At the moment we don't have the technical capability to be able to pull real-time data out of the system, we can only run it on adaily basis so can't really update the leaderboard more often. 

Definitely something we are looking into for future promotions however.
  • edited March 2014
    Seen a couple of people asking about what is going to be done about the cacelled and refunded Sit & Go's on Friday/Saturday night amidst the tech issues.

These tournaments are counted as 'incomplete' and therefore will not count towards your average ROI.
  • edited March 2014
    anything other tha a late collapse should see me finish on around 65%   fingers crossed
  • edited March 2014
    48% now looking woefully short, back to the grind it is then. Target is going to have to be 60-65+ I reckon.