You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**:
    Place your bets...
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Lol brilliant!!

I've got a quid on scribbler for a bit of fun! No value in the favourite plus his little'un might interupt proceedings! Baby variance?!
  • edited April 2014
    I've heard of betting on horses before, but never donkeys.

gl all ;)
  • edited April 2014
    LOVEEE this! plz do it more.

Not thread specific, but might I suggest that the format of the final may ruin it as a spectacle?

I'm sure that both players involved, and the audience would prefer a more traditional sng format as the finale to a great comp.

My suggestion would be.....

Each participant is credited with £500 cash for making the top 6.

The final is a normal sng structure, with 2 places paid.

1st = £1,350*
    2nd = £650*
    3rd - 6th = Nothing.
  • edited April 2014
    can we have the structure of the game please, il have quite a decent sized bet if theres going to be a bit of play in it.
  • edited April 2014
    Sigh

Cheers Sam, delete thread please! I'm sorry about PS4 thing :)
    Love Dohhhhhs idea
  • edited April 2014
    This just makes me feel worse that I did not qualify for it!! :-(
  • edited April 2014
    Pockets9's would be alot shorter if his mate bigflop1 was also in!
  • edited April 2014
    Would be great to see some odds put up on other big sky tournaments, rollers etc, would make it more attractive viewing for those not involved.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**:
    Pockets9's would be alot shorter if his mate bigflop1 was also in!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    so hes a colluder then? shouldnt have even been allowed to take part if this what u are suggesting.
  • edited April 2014
    Brilliant idea.

Put a few quid on Jac35.....no pressure mate.
  • edited April 2014
    Would be great to see some odds put up on other big sky tournaments, rollers etc, would make it more attractive viewing for those not involved.
    Posted by jordz16
    i like the sound of that but people late reg or dont reg til 5 mins before the game, how they gonna get prices out and get some backround on the players in so little time?
  • edited April 2014
    30 games played, 27 with his mate
  • edited April 2014
    obv choise would be jac with his proven sit and go record but ive just got a hunch alex is gonna win this, i often get this gut feeling on sporting events and they quite often happen so ive had a bet on him for a bit of interest.

£35.00
    1. Sky Poker Sit and Go Live Competition ALEX1229 @ 4/1
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by Donttelmum

???? nothing dodgy going on with me. i sweat blood and tears to get there!

is there going to be in running? that would be awesome!
  • edited April 2014
    This is pretty cool. Might have to stick a few extra quid on myself. To increase the amounts I'll get when I win ;).
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by Donttelmum

Report it and Sky will check it out.

Hopefully nothing untoward has gone on, and pocket9s will be due a massive apology.

You prob should have kept quiet until it was proved.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Report it and Sky will check it out. Hopefully nothing untoward has gone on, and pocket9s will be due a massive apology. You prob should have kept quiet until it was proved.
    Posted by splashies
    ty splashies

please do sort this.. i cant help if someone was online playine alot of the same games as me, as my 30 were completed mostly over one night where maybe other players playing the same type of game. after looking at my games i can see a few of the same players. but please check hand history too as this will prove that many players took as much off me as i did off them!
    ty
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Report it and Sky will check it out. Hopefully nothing untoward has gone on, and pocket9s will be due a massive apology. You prob should have kept quiet until it was proved.
    Posted by splashies
    +1 to this.

Really, the Community is not the place to air these views & opinions, if anyone has concerns, they should contact Sky Sam or Sky Adam by PM, or contact Customer Care.

Thanks.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : +1 to this. Really, the Community is not the place to air these views & opinions, if anyone has concerns, they should contact Sky Sam or Sky Adam by PM, or contact Customer Care.   Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10

Very much agree that making such an allegation should not be aired on a public forum, I believe the allegation "30 played, 27 with his mate" is clearly levelled at myself - I reported the post around 1 hour ago.

I would also like to add that such behaviour is clearly not within the spirit of the promotion for which with this one exception has been excellent.

Maybes I should ultimately take this as a complement if it is assumed that the only way such a result could be achieved is through a form of collusion.

All i can muster at the moment is a very big sigh...
  • edited April 2014
    pathetic post to accuse anyone of cheating to get into this skill and go final unless u have proof stfu and thats putting it nicely.................................
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Very much agree that making such an allegation should not be aired on a public forum, I believe the allegation "30 played, 27 with his mate" is clearly levelled at myself - I reported the post around 1 hour ago. I would also like to add that such behaviour is clearly not within the spirit of the promotion for which with this one exception has been excellent. Maybes I should ultimately take this as a complement if it is assumed that the only way such a result could be achieved is through a form of collusion. All i can muster at the moment is a very big sigh...
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Actually....... It wasn't levelled at you, he actually mentioned who it was levelled at when first making what I agree was a very misguided post.

So who's your mate then?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Actually....... It wasn't levelled at you, he actually mentioned who it was levelled at when first making whet I agree was a very misguided post. So who's your mate then?
    Posted by Slykllist
    this is not the point, should not be posting this cr ap on here, i wonder if dontellmum plays the same guys every day on those 40 tables he plays and thinks the same thing.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Actually....... It wasn't levelled at you, he actually mentioned who it was levelled at when first making whet I agree was a very misguided post. So who's your mate then?
    Posted by Slykllist
    I reasoned they are 2 seperate allegations as the quote relates specifically to a key stat relative to my results and does not appear to relate to Pocket9s. This thread really should be closed before this gets out of hand.
  • edited April 2014

Guys

Stop this now before I have to close the thread.  That would be a shame, it's a lovely idea to have the betting and a build up to the game.

If you think someone has cheated, contact Customer Care.  End of.

I played over 100 STTs last month.  For the first 30 I shared 28 or so of them with one player.  The second 30 I did the same with another player.  It was the nature of the promo and imo not unusual.  If you suspect cheating, contact CC please.

• edited April 2014
    For the record, my post was tongue in cheek and intended as a joke. 

And in summary.... what Tommy said
  • edited April 2014
    wow guys wtf. 

Listen maybe a public forum isnt the place but clearly the dtm feels there was something fishy. Lets not all jump on the punching bang wagon, surely we've all seen something dodgey and made our opinions public. 

Sky have said their point, if it is the case i hoped it is looked into, but i also hope that there was nothing to it and it was all innocent. 
  • edited April 2014
    You would hope that Sky would go through the game history of all six finalists to make sure there is no funny business. Every SNG is wide open to collusion anyway, so obviously a SNG promotion is highly vulnerable. I'm sure we all realise this.

Before Thursday this will need to be investigated and I'm sure it will. The integrity of promotions like this is (one would assume) a high priority for Sky Poker. Hopefully nothing untoward happened but we all appreciate the temptation must be there for many. A couple of multi-accounters could easily rig this promotion to get two people on the final table. It's Sky's responsibility to prevent that. Clearly accusations being made on a public forum is not cricket and should be discouraged.

You would assume that Sky Poker would also report any such collusion to the police as it would seem to be a criminal act. 

It was a very good promotion, let's hope it returns.

Good luck to all the finalists. I'm sure those who deserve it will be rewarded.
  • edited April 2014
    Back on topic :)

It's a great idea, just one thing......

How come I'm an outsider at 5 to 1! I'm good for 10p

• edited April 2014
    Surely in a promo like this an investigation would be done into the top 6 anyway as a matter of course?
  • edited April 2014
    Well this is great!!!
    Am sat at home depressed as the person who just missed the cut having been in the top4 all week on the last day i didnt play feeling i am safe (what a mistake that was) and now these rumours come out! not great for the mindset,
    Unfortunately with the style of this comp it always does leave itself open to people that will try cheat the system HOWEVER on that i do hope you all have made it fair n square and well played cos i thought my score was great and to beat that score is a fine achieve and gl luck to you all in the final!!
    I personally feel lets let the big chiefs with sky CC look into it and then nobody is getting the name slandered that have made it through pure hard graft and also not abusing the guy who may of witnessed what was injustice of the system as i dont see what donttellmum has to gain for himself by making the statement he has made.
    Fingers crossed this will get sorted quick as not a nice way to finish what was a great competition set up by sky.

Chris