You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : Ha, ok this is the last post, wp. I deduced you were getting tired of my input so decided to call it a day. Not sure what you're going on about giving it and getting it back? Just end up going round in circles, so seems kinda pointless to continue it all. Like I said, all the best with this and any future challenges. I just hope you have a hell of a lot of time on your hands if you plump for the £500-£5000 one! :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You see, there you go again, you just can't help yourself can you.
    you giving me advice & then me giving you my take on it back, that's what I meant, & that you can't accept it.
     why do you think I am spending so much time & effort in trying to win at the £5 level?
    it's not for my health anyway.
    It is so that I can hopefully,move up levels & put myself in a position where I can play for those higher  amounts of money.

• edited December 2014
    Hi Dev,

As long as you're having FUN,...play, rinse & repeat I say.  If/when you get bored/fail you can always do another challenge.  I admire folk on here who do diaries/challenges and I enjoy reading them, even if I don't often post.   GL
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : Hi Devon Im not throwing my toys out of the pram if thats what you think lol Im just saying that i wont be posting again because i feel like you have your mind set on what your going to do and nobody is going to change that. I was on the understanding that people wrote diarys to chart their progress and to get advice etc etc so when myself and alot of others are offering advice on something that is clearly a MASSIVE leak in your challenge and you still can not see past your own thoughts then that is my queue to stop offering advice. Like i say though i wish you all the best with it and i am certain you will do it in your own time. Def no hard feelings though devon BTW you coulda played about 10 £5 dyms in the time youve been posting today, volume FTW :)) GL
    Posted by gran23
    Hi Gran,
    I never asked for any advice mate, you just all feel you have the right to offer me yours & that I should take it.
    I appreciate all the support from everyone which is always nice to have especially when things are going badly.
    You & hhy are definitely taking my posts the wrong way, which is a shame.
    If I want advice I'll ask for it.
    If I want advice on a hand, I'll post it in the poker clinic.
    Of course I've got my mind set on what I think is my best way forward, it's my challenge.
    You all just don't seem to be getting things from my point of view, I've been here before & got the t-shirt.
    This challenge has now become the foundations for the future, & possibly challenge no.3.
    I understand all the things you hhy, Dohhh & everyone alse is saying, do you think I am playing just the 1 or 2 tables for fun, or because I can't play more?
    I am doing what I not you or anyone else thinks is right.
    It doesn't matter if it takes me another 9 months to finish this, if it means I have beaten the £5 level along the way, then that will be my 2 goals in one achieved.
    Then I can if I wish begin challenge no.3 where no doubt once again people will come here & tell me exactly what I'm doing wrong, much to my amusment.

probably could have played 15 dym's by now :)
    Hope you achieve all your poker goals too...
    give me a shout if you need any advice  lol

• edited December 2014
    Hi Dev, As long as you're having FUN,...play, rinse & repeat I say.  If/when you get bored/fail you can always do another challenge.  I admire folk on here who do diaries/challenges and I enjoy reading them, even if I don't often post.   GL
    Posted by Glenelg
    Cheers mate,

Always fun winning money, even if it is below minimum wage   lol

still in 2 years time or whenever & I've got another 5k in my account things will seem alot different to right now...
    still be getting told what I'm doing wrong though know doubt  :)

edit; better make that 12 years or that'll be wrong too :)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : At least all of the posting fills a bit time on a boring afternoon devon :) We will agree to disagree then my friend I will still be reading btw but will prob just read week to week now so ive got more games to read about :) GL
    Posted by gran23
    lol

yeah deffo mate,

the more games the better  lol

best wishes 

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : Hi hhy, So you know how much rewards I've won, do you? & yes you are assuming. Am I really going to lie to you all & give you false winnings? if you think that then you really don't know me at all. yes, so it baffles you, it baffles others too know doubt, so what. I don't want to play as long as possible, I want to play as little as possible right now, which I've already said... it's you lot that keep saying I should be playing longer. ok I apologise for saying you slagged me off, I'm sorry. I know you were only giving me your opinion & trying to help. We all have our own views on poker & how it should be played. just because I do it 'my way' which you might not agree with at times, that doesn't mean that it's wrong, it's just different from the normal, but it suits me...right now. the cards have no memory so just because I might win 3 or 4 games in a row, it doesn't always mean that I am 'playing well' I might just be running well for those games & could just as easily lose the next 6 games. I don't 'play well' I try & play the same every session, that being my best. I understand that when we are winning it makes sense to play longer & less when we are losing. When my £5 b/r allows me to play more tables & longer sessions...I will. So let's say I load up 6-8 tables tonight & lose £30-£40 which is possible, what then? yes, I could win the same but the point is I don't need to take the risk... again, right now. anyway, if you can't see where I'm coming from on this...no worries. I'll make my target...all in good time, & hopefully win at the £5 level in the process, which is as said now my main priority. edit; Oh btw, if challenge no.3 does ever come,(assuming I ever finish challenge 2 that is), it will be £500-£5000 I can confirm, which will involve playing at the £5 & £11 levels, assuming I do beat the £5 level of course.        
    Posted by devonfish5

Highlighted bit shows the logic i cant get my head around. Sorry lol

If your talking about multitabling then yes loading up 8 tables would not be a great idea if your main aim is to beat a level. 

But if you were to play 1 or 2 tables at a time what is the difference between playing 8 games in an evening or 8 games over the space of a week? Is it just the time commitment? 

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : Hi hhy, So you know how much rewards I've won, do you? & yes you are assuming. Am I really going to lie to you all & give you false winnings? if you think that then you really don't know me at all. yes, so it baffles you, it baffles others too know doubt, so what. I don't want to play as long as possible, I want to play as little as possible right now, which I've already said... it's you lot that keep saying I should be playing longer. ok I apologise for saying you slagged me off, I'm sorry. I know you were only giving me your opinion & trying to help. We all have our own views on poker & how it should be played. just because I do it 'my way' which you might not agree with at times, that doesn't mean that it's wrong, it's just different from the normal, but it suits me...right now. the cards have no memory so just because I might win 3 or 4 games in a row, it doesn't always mean that I am 'playing well' I might just be running well for those games & could just as easily lose the next 6 games. I don't 'play well' I try & play the same every session, that being my best. I understand that when we are winning it makes sense to play longer & less when we are losing. When my £5 b/r allows me to play more tables & longer sessions...I will. So let's say I load up 6-8 tables tonight & lose £30-£40 which is possible, what then? yes, I could win the same but the point is I don't need to take the risk... again, right now. anyway, if you can't see where I'm coming from on this...no worries. I'll make my target...all in good time, & hopefully win at the £5 level in the process, which is as said now my main priority. edit; Oh btw, if challenge no.3 does ever come,(assuming I ever finish challenge 2 that is), it will be £500-£5000 I can confirm, which will involve playing at the £5 & £11 levels, assuming I do beat the £5 level of course.        
    Posted by devonfish5

Highlighted bit shows the logic i cant get my head around. Sorry lol

If your talking about multitabling then yes loading up 8 tables would not be a great idea if your main aim is to beat a level. 

But if you were to play 1 or 2 tables at a time what is the difference between playing 8 games in an evening or 8 games over the space of a week? Is it just the time commitment? 

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : Highlighted bit shows the logic i cant get my head around. Sorry lol If your talking about multitabling then yes loading up 8 tables would not be a great idea if your main aim is to beat a level.  But if you were to play 1 or 2 tables at a time what is the difference between playing 8 games in an evening or 8 games over the space of a week? Is it just the time commitment? 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    There is no difference at all, I agree.
    no, I don't want to sit there & play 8 games playing just 1 or 2 tables which would take x number of hours at a time.
    playing 1 or 2 games & booking the win or loss in just 1/2 hour or so suits me right now.
    I want to win as much as is possible(or book a small loss), in as short a time as possible playing as few games as possible, so obviously that is winning 1 game for a £4.50 profit or 2 games for a £1 loss.
    this keeps me fresh & avoids burn out also, so atm when I can do this I am.
    for most of you this doesn't make sense but it does to me, but as soon as I have shown I can win at the £5 level when b/r reaches £100 I will be playing 2 tables & not 1 at a time, as I am now.
    then 3 at £150 & so on.
    this way I can never ever lose & gradually my b/r becomes big enough for the next level & repeat.
    It is so simple in theory & 100% full-proof, all that is needed is time, disipline & patience.
    anyway, it works/is working for me, so that's all that matters.

• edited December 2014
    Just for hhy,

here's a quick break-down of money won & what I've done with it....

£500   given to my nephew from challenge no.1  winnings
    £1050  new 55" LG tv
    £450   new Nikon D3200 camera+50mm lens 
    £400  towards new pc  (total cost £580)
    £200  2nd 27" AOC monitor

well there's £2600 for you mate, then there's the other few odds 'n' ends to add to that, oh & the £500 in my account now.

Of course we only have my word for it, but then that's all we need. 
  • edited December 2014
    TO get to the £100 it could take a a couple of months playing one table. E.G. with a roi of 5% gonna take close to 150 - 200 games. (to get another £38)

Since roi is so small with DYMS another reason why people play them is the rewards at the end of the month this can really help your BR.

I have had a bit of a bad month but my rewards will help. Playing one or 2 games a day you will be lucky to receive 1 or 2 quid.

I 2-4 table and try to play 10 - 15 DYMs a nite. Then i know at the end of the month i will play 300 - 400. 

Also playing one table you can make mistakes as bordom can play a part. 

Anyway Dev GL 
  • edited December 2014
    TO get to the £100 it could take a a couple of months playing one table. E.G. with a roi of 5% gonna take close to 150 - 200 games. (to get another £38) Since roi is so small with DYMS another reason why people play them is the rewards at the end of the month this can really help your BR. I have had a bit of a bad month but my rewards will help. Playing one or 2 games a day you will be lucky to receive 1 or 2 quid. I 2-4 table and try to play 10 - 15 DYMs a nite. Then i know at the end of the month i will play 300 - 400.  Also playing one table you can make mistakes as bordom can play a part.  Anyway Dev GL 
    Posted by stuarty117
    Cheers Stuart,
    yes, it could take a while but on the other hand just 2 wins takes it forwards £9 so I'll see how the next few sessions go.
    might have to play 2 tables if 1 isn't working for me.
    points are not even a factor right now, it's all about thinking about each game & each decision & that's all I am focusing on.
    My confidence is good & with any run good moving forward is all I am thinking about. 
    1 table isn't an issue if anything I'm even more determined to win as I have no other tables to fall back on.
    yes, if I go 0-2 down then it starts to get serious & I need to play more games to hopefully get me out of trouble & the risk of losing big is always possible, but that's the risk I am prepared to take.
    How the cards fall is more of a problem than anything else, & as you know runs both good & bad regardless of when & how many games you play plays a big part in our results, & that I have no control over.
    Hope you run good through December mate,
    gl

• edited December 2014
    Just for hhy,  here's a quick break-down of money won & what I've done with it....   £500   given to my nephew from challenge no.1  winnings £1050  new 55" LG tv £450   new Nikon D3200 camera+50mm lens  £400  towards new pc  (total cost £580) £200  2nd 27" AOC monitor well there's £2600 for you mate, then there's the other few odds 'n' ends to add to that, oh & the £500 in my account now. Of course we only have my word for it, but then that's all we need. 
    Posted by devonfish5
    Good to see you're getting proper use out of that second monitor with 1 table a session.

Money well spent.

It's not a slight on your profit making whatsoever, but Sharkscope, a website purely designed to track poker results, has you at exactly half the profit you say you have. The truth is probably somewhere inbetween I'd guess.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2014
    yes, if I go 0-2 down then it starts to get serious

dev, you are barmy. will never understand your reasoning, but whatever floats your boat.

never change man.

good luck on your challenge
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : There is no difference at all, I agree. no, I don't want to sit there & play 8 games playing just 1 or 2 tables which would take x number of hours at a time. playing 1 or 2 games & booking the win or loss in just 1/2 hour or so suits me right now. I want to win as much as is possible(or book a small loss), in as short a time as possible playing as few games as possible, so obviously that is winning 1 game for a £4.50 profit or 2 games for a £1 loss. this keeps me fresh & avoids burn out also, so atm when I can do this I am. for most of you this doesn't make sense but it does to me, but as soon as I have shown I can win at the £5 level when b/r reaches £100 I will be playing 2 tables & not 1 at a time, as I am now. then 3 at £150 & so on. this way I can never ever lose & gradually my b/r becomes big enough for the next level & repeat. It is so simple in theory & 100% full-proof, all that is needed is time, disipline & patience. anyway, it works/is working for me, so that's all that matters.
    Posted by devonfish5

lol ok dev i surrender to your logic!

Just completely mental but gl lol Just done a few calcs for various rois and time to hit your £150 target (assuming 2 games per day every day):

7% roi - 163 games (3 months)
    5% roi - 227 games (4 months)
    3% roi - 381 games (over 6 months!!!)!

Thats for £88 profit!!

I can see you re-evaluating it in the next few weeks.

• edited December 2014
    This is what i am trying to say,

You go 0-2 and you try and chase your losses. You end up 30 - 40 down.

Then you book the win the next few days, then you go 0-2 again what do you do try and chase losses again.

I know that if i play 400 games at 3.30 i will make around around £70 or so plus my rewards. I then usually treat myself to the odd tourney with my winnings hoping to win big.

There just no logic behind it. In the past chasing your losses can make a big dent in the BR as you have done before. That is what i was trying to say another post earlier in the thread.

To Mr H

Dev is including the Reward points for his profit as well hes played 1000s of dyms plus i think i remember Dev you had a bit of success in winning a rake race or something.

GL
  • edited December 2014
    ...Pulls up a chair & a six pack.   This is gonna be a hella of a ride Devon!
    p.s. 6 pack might not be enough!  ;-)))
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : Good to see you're getting proper use out of that second monitor with 1 table a session. Money well spent. It's not a slight on your profit making whatsoever, but Sharkscope, a website purely designed to track poker results, has you at exactly half the profit you say you have. The truth is probably somewhere inbetween I'd guess. Good luck.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You can believe what you like mate, I know that what I've written down is true, so if you want to believe the b/s that sharkscope says that's up to you.

• edited December 2014
    yes, if I go 0-2 down then it starts to get serious dev, you are barmy. will never understand your reasoning, but whatever floats your boat. never change man. good luck on your challenge
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    cheers Teddy,
    I'm not asking or expecting you or anyone else to understand it mate.
    I'm just here to do a job the best way I see fit...
    you can all like it or lump it, I really don't give a xxxx
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : lol ok dev i surrender to your logic! Just completely mental but gl lol Just done a few calcs for various rois and time to hit your £150 target (assuming 2 games per day every day): 7% roi - 163 games (3 months) 5% roi - 227 games (4 months) 3% roi - 381 games (over 6 months!!!)! Thats for £88 profit!!  I can see you re-evaluating it in the next few weeks.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Pbobably mate...
    or I can see you all giving my an apology...
    one or 'tother  lol  (some chance ;)
  • edited December 2014
    This is what i am trying to say, You go 0-2 and you try and chase your losses. You end up 30 - 40 down. Then you book the win the next few days, then you go 0-2 again what do you do try and chase losses again. I know that if i play 400 games at 3.30 i will make around around £70 or so plus my rewards. I then usually treat myself to the odd tourney with my winnings hoping to win big. There just no logic behind it. In the past chasing your losses can make a big dent in the BR as you have done before. That is what i was trying to say another post earlier in the thread. To Mr H Dev is including the Reward points for his profit as well hes played 1000s of dyms plus i think i remember Dev you had a bit of success in winning a rake race or something. GL
    Posted by stuarty117
    You are probably right Stuart but thinking outside the box & trying new things out has always interested me..
    & isn't this what I am trying now?
    If it doesn't work, so what, I've lost some ground time-wise that's all.
    I'm no sheep, I'm a wolf in lamb's clothing...
    running with the herd doesn't interest me.

hhy, challenge 1  I earnt over £300 from bonus points (c4p then)
          Dec that year 2012, reached priority playing £3's & £5's  think from memory that was another £280 at that time...
          that's another £600 mate.

Some people are actually capable of telling the truth you know.
    We don't all have sceptical minds or is that septic, I'm not sure.
    "I promise to tell the truth the whole truth & nothing but the truth, so help me God"

• edited December 2014
    ...Pulls up a chair & a six pack.   This is gonna be a hella of a ride Devon! p.s. 6 pack might not be enough!  ;-)))
    Posted by Glenelg
    Ha Ha, very true... lol
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : Ha Ha, very true... lol

Better get the Whisky out me thinks... don't think we are done just yet  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
  • edited December 2014
    Well Devon my friend what happened in todays £5 dym ? Right cliffhanger this is )) GL
    Posted by gran23

When Dev fancies a game of poker he rolls a dice to make sure his luck is ok today. 

If it comes higher than a 2, he's good to go. 

If he rolls a 2 or lower, it's not his day, so he gives it a miss. 

Today must've been a 1 or a 2. 

It's always best to book the break even result. Theres no rush, tomorrow is a new day ! :)

<3 Dev :D

• edited December 2014
    Well Devon my friend what happened in todays £5 dym ? Right cliffhanger this is )) GL
    Posted by gran23
    Ha Ha,  

Day off due to the rubbish promotion Sky were running today...

you know the one where all the big boys turn up to play their 15+ tables to try & win those 10x£100 prizes....

What chance do us little fish have who only play 1 table or 1 game a day?

xmas crackers if you ask me.  -:)

Humbug!!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : When Dev fancies a game of poker he rolls a dice to make sure his luck is ok today.  If it comes higher than a 2, he's good to go.  If he rolls a 2 or lower, it's not his day, so he gives it a miss.  Today must've been a 1 or a 2.  It's always best to book the break even result. Theres no rush, tomorrow is a new day ! :)<3 Dev :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol

Now that's not a bad idea....Wonder if it works?

Not sure if I have any dice...wonder if I could use a pack of playing cards instead?  hummmmmm.
  • edited December 2014
    day 173 friday 5/12/14

1x£5

WON £4.50 B/R £525.79 PTS 47 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 192 L 145 PROFIT +£66.50

so at long last it's time to play & business as usual  :)
    struggled up to the bubble but found 1 good spot in particular & reraised limpers aipf with xx & that gave me the chips I needed to play some poker.
    "Never fear Dev's still here"..."I won't let my boys down"  -:)

edit; received poker points bonus £23.85

b/r £549.64  

back over 1/2 way...shouldn't take too long now boys.  woooohooo :)

• edited December 2014
    Dohhhhhhh!

1.5 poker points to you if you can tell us how david brent ensure he hires only lucky staff...
  • edited December 2014
    Dev, you play one game a day. Every day is a day off! :)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £525.79).... profit from £5 games...+£66.50:
    Dohhhhhhh! 1.5 poker points to you if you can tell us how david brent ensure he hires only lucky staff...
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I'm stumped!

Chucks them in a barrell full of Ti Ts to make sure they don't come up sucking their own thumb?
  • edited December 2014
    Pfft

He takes half the applications off the pile and bins them. Easy game.

No poker points, but a week of grinding 30p dyms as penitence