You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited November 2014
    day 169  saturday  29/11/14

part 2....

1x£5 & £3   4 tables...

WON £3.30 B/R £511.59 PTS 2374 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 186 L 143 PROFIT +£50.50

won on the £5 level 2-2 on the £3.  lost 1 game aipf LEVEL 1  with AA  called by Q9 suited  flop QX9XX...
    wish I was that psychic  lol

great day on the £5's, just what I needed after y'day. profit is stable again at £50 & a nice boost for my confidence again.

• edited November 2014
    day 170  sunday  30/11/14

1x£5 & 2x£3   3 tables...

WON £3.90 B/R £515.49 PTS 2385 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 187 L 143 PROFIT +£55.00

just a quickie, won the important game so not much else to post right now.
    might play later see how I feel.
  • edited November 2014

Decent result for a Sunday that Dev, did you not realise? ;) 

I reckon next time you have a free Sunday afternoon you shouold play loads, 100 games. I bet you win loads and put the Sunday myth to bed. 

Nice progress, gl later. 
  • edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £511.59).... profit from £5 games...+£50.50:
    Decent result for a Sunday that Dev, did you not realise? ;)  I reckon next time you have a free Sunday afternoon you shouold play loads, 100 games. I bet you win loads and put the Sunday myth to bed.  Nice progress, gl later. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ha Ha, cheers Dohhhhh,
    yes, I did mate, just thought 'what the hell' & went for it  lol

not quite as superstitious as I used to be about it but still cautious, :)
    think my 100 games a session are gone for now anyway. not sure if I will ever be back playing those numbers again but you never know. 

• edited November 2014
    NOVEMBER SUMMARY...

b/r at start(inc oct c4p) £474.59

b/r at end (not inc nov c4p of £23.85) £515.49

profit £40.90  with c4p £64.75

£5 games b/r £55.00   months profit +£36.50

So another month is over. not such a good one profit wise but even with 3 big losses still happy, especially with how the £5's are going.
    showing only a £4.40 profit from the £3 games is most unusual, as that is normally around the £75-£100 mark.
     in to December & much the same I guess. I might increase the volume a touch but it's still all about the £5 games right now
    & if I can continue building that profit column then that will be my primary goal as it was this month.
    hope you all have a good month poker wise & a great xmas.

• edited December 2014
    day 171  monday 1/12/14

2x£5 & 4x£3

LOST £2.20 B/R £513.29 PTS 22 £5 GAMES W 1 L 1 TOTAL W 188 L 144 PROFIT +£54.00

pretty average session all around, no biggie losing £2.20  quit while I was behind :(

part 2...

1x£5

WON £4.50 B/R £517.79 PTS 27 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 189 L 144 PROFIT +£58.50

just a quickie, makes up for loss earlier today.
  • edited December 2014
    day 172  tuesday  2/12/14

1x£5

WON £4.50 B/R £522.29 PTS 32 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 190 L 144 PROFIT +£63.00

new game plan, booking the win if I win 1 game, booking the £1 loss if it's 1-1  
    obviously the 0-2 is going to happen from time to time, then it's going to be a grind, but I feel with a very small edge now(hopefully), I should be able to make my way to my £100 profit target. If/when that happens my 2 game opening gambit can/will begin.
    Let's see how the next few days/week go to see if it works.
    If not...back to the drawing board,  he he.

As to the £3's... giving them a few days rest to fully focus on my £5 game & strategy.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £517.79).... profit from £5 games...+£58.50:
     new game plan, booking the win if I win 1 game, booking the £1 loss if it's 1-1  
    Posted by devonfish5
    1 of my all time favourite lines on the forum! :)

That's sure to wake some ppl up! 

Nice 1 Dev!!! 
  • edited December 2014
    Dev, it's your challenge, your poker, your life, but really?.....''new game plan, booking the win if I win 1 game''
  • edited December 2014
    Silent reader here and always enjoy reading. 

This 1 game booking the win thing has to be a level? Lol

Lets say you crush and get 15% roi it'll take you 579 days to hit the 1k mark lol

Hit the volume button mate and go for it!! 

Edit: thinking about it that calculation is obviously bs lol because you'll be playing more than 1 every day. Still, it will take an excruciatingly long time to get to your target. 
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £517.79).... profit from £5 games...+£58.50:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £517.79).... profit from £5 games...+£58.50 : 1 of my all time favourite lines on the forum! :) That's sure to wake some ppl up!  Nice 1 Dev!!! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    They just keep on coming Dohhhhh, don't they  lol
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £522.29).... profit from £5 games...+£63.00:
    Dev, it's your challenge, your poker, your life, but really?.....''new game plan, booking the win if I win 1 game''
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yep, just checked... it does say 'Dev's challenge' on page 1....  my challenge...my way   lol
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £522.29).... profit from £5 games...+£63.00:
    Silent reader here and always enjoy reading.  This 1 game booking the win thing has to be a level? Lol Lets say you crush and get 15% roi it'll take you 579 days to hit the 1k mark lol Hit the volume button mate and go for it!!  Edit: thinking about it that calculation is obviously bs lol because you'll be playing more than 1 every day. Still, it will take an excruciatingly long time to get to your target. 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    your not keeping up.... once I get £5 game profit to £100 then I am playing 2 games to open session.  lol

thanks for reading & posting.
  • edited December 2014
    DEVON ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! My head hurts ! GL though ))
    Posted by gran23

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol 

My finger hurts  :)

what's the worst that can happen?

I fail & it's back to the drawing board... I've done the maths, & as long as I run ok then there's nee problem,  he he
  • edited December 2014
    Your roi will range to anything up to about 15% at an absolute max (82p per game) so the more you play the more you'll make. The less you play the longer it'll take. Simples.

In reality your roi will range between 0% and 7/8%. 7% works out at 38p per game. Volume is key!! 

• edited December 2014
    Your roi will range to anything up to about 15% at an absolute max (82p per game) so the more you play the more you'll make. The less you play the longer it'll take. Simples. In reality your roi will range between 0% and 7/8%. 7% works out at 38p per game. Volume is key!! 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Wasting your time mate, falls on deaf ears, like every bit of solid advice given on here.
  • edited December 2014
    Your roi will range to anything up to about 15% at an absolute max (82p per game) so the more you play the more you'll make. The less you play the longer it'll take. Simples. In reality your roi will range between 0% and 7/8%. 7% works out at 38p per game. Volume is key!! 
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I know that volume is key...read my challenge no.1 & you will see I used to play 12-18+ tables most days.
    If I wanted to I could have finished this challenge a month ago.
    the challenge here right now is trying to beat the £5 level.
    once I can do that then I will be winning even more money(hopefully), but you all just don't seem to get it...
    before you play any kind of serious volume you HAVE TO BE ABLE TO BEAT THE LEVEL YOU ARE PLAYING...
    which is now what I am trying to do.

how many times do I need to say that when my £5 games profit reaches £100 I will be adding a second table...
    then when it reaches £150 a third & so on.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £522.29).... profit from £5 games...+£63.00 : I know that volume is key...read my challenge no.1 & you will see I used to play 12-18+ tables most days. If I wanted to I could have finished this challenge a month ago. the challenge here right now is trying to beat the £5 level. once I can do that then I will be winning even more money(hopefully), but you all just don't seem to get it... before you play any kind of serious volume you HAVE TO BE ABLE TO BEAT THE LEVEL YOU ARE PLAYING... which is now what I am trying to do. how many times do I need to say that when my £5 games profit reaches £100 I will be adding a second table... then when it reaches £150 a third & so on.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Wasting your time mate, falls on deaf ears !! :-))
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £522.29).... profit from £5 games...+£63.00 : Wasting your time mate, falls on deaf ears, like every bit of solid advice given on here.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I do read & take note of all advice hhy, & yes I do act upon it if I happen to think it's relevent.
    When I want your advice I'll ask you for it.
    I think I'm doing ok at around 3.2k up right now...
    you know for a player who's deaf & takes no notice, I mean.  :)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £522.29).... profit from £5 games...+£63.00 : Wasting your time mate, falls on deaf ears !! :-))
    Posted by VespaPX
    LOL  :)
  • edited December 2014
    day 173  wednesday  3/12/14

2x£5

LOST £1.00  B/R £521.29 PTS 42 £5 GAMES W 1 L 1 TOTAL W 191 L 145 PROFIT +£62.00

after losing 1st game on bubble where my best hand throughout was A 10 or KQ  take your pick, losing to a river card 
    then not running much better in 2nd game, very happy with todays result.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £522.29).... profit from £5 games...+£63.00 : I do read & take note of all advice hhy, & yes I do act upon it if I happen to think it's relevent. When I want your advice I'll ask you for it. I think I'm doing ok at around 3.2k up right now... you know for a player who's deaf & takes no notice, I mean.  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Sharkscope says significantly differently but I know it's not always accurate.

I can only commend you really, as most people wouldn't even load the site just to play one game. It's dedication, if nothing else.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £522.29).... profit from £5 games...+£63.00 : Sharkscope says significantly differently but I know it's not always accurate. I can only commend you really, as most people wouldn't even load the site just to play one game. It's dedication, if nothing else.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Well as I keep pretty accurate records myself,(sharkscope won't show any c4p/bonus points money or freeroll money I've won,)
    I can tell you 3.2k is pretty close anyway, could be a hundred either way, as it was around 2.7k before this challenge.

so one minute you are slagging me off the next commending me, that's got to be a first.  :)

EDIT; YES DEDICATION'S WHAT YOU NEED!!!

• edited December 2014
    It shows freeroll money won, but of course not reward money. Though that wouldn't make up the difference I assume!

I've never slagged you off Dev. I question some of the stuff you do (folding KK pre cos you lost with it 3 times in a row for example), and this 'play one, win one, log off' does baffle me, I can't deny that. If you think you're playing well and winning, logic suggests you'd want to keep playing for as long as possible in any given session. I'm far from alone in thinking that, just look back at all the posts from others that touch on the same topic.

FWIW I'd want people to question me if I was doing similar. You've gotta keep questioning stuff in this game in order to not stagnate or worse.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00:
    Devon I see what your saying about the £5 games but why not just put a load of volume into them and see if you can beat them that way instead of dragging it out over a long period which at the end of the day works out exactly the same ? At least if you find you can not beat the £5s then you could drop back to playing £3s only and carry on with the challenge that way ? It just seems to me that when your doing/saying the things you are that you are afraid of losing and if thats the case just stick to what is working instead of wasting alot of the time you could be using to make money quicker. If all else fails just take a look at Rich Orfords BR challenge and it will make you feel better )) GL as always
    Posted by gran23
    Thanks Gran,
    I did exactly as you suggest playing lots & lots of £5 games on challeng no.1  & as already said, that finished around break-even.
    Why would I want to do the same thing again? would you?
    Yes it does equate to the same thing playing less games over a longer time or more games over a shorter time.
    of course I am afraid of losing..who wants to lose?
    I look at it this way, isn't it better to be careful...isn't winning small ok? it is to me at a level I've not won at before.
    You are all looking at the here & now... 'YOU'RE NOT SEEING THE BIG PICTURE' (been waiting to add that one for a few days now  lol)

Appreciate your advice mate, 
    dev

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00:
    It shows freeroll money won, but of course not reward money. Though that wouldn't make up the difference I assume! I've never slagged you off Dev. I question some of the stuff you do (folding KK pre cos you lost with it 3 times in a row for example), and this 'play one, win one, log off' does baffle me, I can't deny that. If you think you're playing well and winning, logic suggests you'd want to keep playing for as long as possible in any given session. I'm far from alone in thinking that, just look back at all the posts from others that touch on the same topic. FWIW I'd want people to question me if I was doing similar. You've gotta keep questioning stuff in this game in order to not stagnate or worse.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hi hhy,
    So you know how much rewards I've won, do you? & yes you are assuming.
    Am I really going to lie to you all & give you false winnings?
    if you think that then you really don't know me at all.
    yes, so it baffles you, it baffles others too know doubt, so what.
    I don't want to play as long as possible, I want to play as little as possible right now, which I've already said...
    it's you lot that keep saying I should be playing longer.
    ok I apologise for saying you slagged me off, I'm sorry.
    I know you were only giving me your opinion & trying to help.

We all have our own views on poker & how it should be played.
    just because I do it 'my way' which you might not agree with at times, that doesn't mean that it's wrong, it's just different
    from the normal, but it suits me...right now.

the cards have no memory so just because I might win 3 or 4 games in a row, it doesn't always mean that I am 'playing well' I might just be running well for those games & could just as easily lose the next 6 games.
    I don't 'play well' I try & play the same every session, that being my best.
    I understand that when we are winning it makes sense to play longer & less when we are losing.
    When my £5 b/r allows me to play more tables & longer sessions...I will.
    So let's say I load up 6-8 tables tonight & lose £30-£40 which is possible, what then?
    yes, I could win the same but the point is I don't need to take the risk... again, right now.

anyway, if you can't see where I'm coming from on this...no worries.
    I'll make my target...all in good time, & hopefully win at the £5 level in the process, which is as said now my main priority.

edit; Oh btw, if challenge no.3 does ever come,(assuming I ever finish challenge 2 that is), it will be £500-£5000 I can confirm, which will involve playing at the £5 & £11 levels, assuming I do beat the £5 level of course.

• edited December 2014
    Yep, the cards have no memory, which is exactly why people jumped on you for folding KK pre as you'd ''lost the last 3 times with it''.

I have no idea how much reward money you have accumulated over the years, and it's kinda beside the point anyway as you'd have got it whether you won or lost. Just a perk of playing poker, win lose or draw. Not trying to detract from any profit you've made by the way!

I'm the same as Gran, I won't post on here again. I know when I'm not wanted! I genuinely wish you all the best with the ongoing challenge, I'm sure you'll get there eventually.
  • edited December 2014
    Yep, the cards have no memory, which is exactly why people jumped on you for folding KK pre as you'd ''lost the last 3 times with it''. I have no idea how much reward money you have accumulated over the years, and it's kinda beside the point anyway as you'd have got it whether you won or lost. Just a perk of playing poker, win lose or draw. Not trying to detract from any profit you've made by the way! I'm the same as Gran, I won't post on here again. I know when I'm not wanted! I genuinely wish you all the best with the ongoing challenge, I'm sure you'll get there eventually.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    It's up to you where you post hhy, Did I say you weren't wanted?
    You can sure give it..not so nice when you get it back though, is it.
    I appreciate everyone's posts & comments, yours included, if you are taking this personally that's to bad.

as to the KK thing, that's ancient history & I believe I was playing the £1 level at the time, not exactly big money either.
    I gave my reasons for doing so at the time & yes, might well do the same thing again now, if I needed to.

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £521.29).... profit from £5 games...+£62.00 : It's up to you where you post hhy, Did I say you weren't wanted? You can sure give it..not so nice when you get it back though, is it. I appreciate everyone's posts & comments, yours included, if you are taking this personally that's to bad. as to the KK thing, that's ancient history & I believe I was playing the £1 level at the time, not exactly big money either. I gave my reasons for doing so at the time & yes, might well do the same thing again now, if I needed to.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Ha, ok this is the last post, wp. I deduced you were getting tired of my input so decided to call it a day. Not sure what you're going on about giving it and getting it back? Just end up going round in circles, so seems kinda pointless to continue it all.

Like I said, all the best with this and any future challenges. I just hope you have a hell of a lot of time on your hands if you plump for the £500-£5000 one! :)
  • edited December 2014
    Its your challenge and your money devon my friend and your entitled to do as you please I hear what your saying about "the big picture" etc but i still can not help feeling that your 100% looking at this in the wrong way. All the advice and comments from me and others i hope you know are meant in the best possible way. GL with the rest of the challenge, i wont comment again but will pop back now and again to see how your doing Im sure you will do it "its just a question of how long it takes" but if your happy doing it that way then thats all that matters really. GL
    Posted by gran23

just seen this...
    It's a shame you won't be commenting again, that's your choice mate.
    Seems to me that you & hhy are struggling to come to terms with some of my decision making here & saying I am 100% looking at this the wrong way confirms it.
    anyway, it is what it is, no need to lose any sleep over it. This diary/challenge is purely for my benefit, to give me £1.000
    I wouldn't of had had I not started it, if one or two of you don't like what I write, then so be it.
    you can't please all the people all the time.
    gl with your game.