You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited December 2014

Nice one Dev. 

Disappointed you weren't rewarded with a nice profit for your efforts, but that's how it goes. Sometimes we'll have long break even and downswings. But hopefully you get the £100 bonus. 

Imagine if you'd stuck to your normal grind routine and had a run like today, as will inevitably happen at some point.

It would've taken you 3 months to win 5pence. 

Food4thought!

gl over the weekend. 

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £580.59).... profit from £5 games...+£68.50:
    Aha Dev the grinder! Well done hope you bag a bonus. Did you start off with a few wins because it must have crushed you not to bank it if you did? See Dohh he can do VOLUUUUUUUUME
    Posted by Phantom66
    ha ha 
    cheers Phantom,
    tbh I really don't remember those first few games ha ha, probably just as well as I'm sure I would have been tempted to stop had I won them. -:)

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £580.59).... profit from £5 games...+£68.50:
    Nice one Dev.  Disappointed you weren't rewarded with a nice profit for your efforts, but that's how it goes. Sometimes we'll have long break even and downswings. But hopefully you get the £100 bonus.  Imagine if you'd stuck to your normal grind routine and had a run like today, as will inevitably happen at some point. It would've taken you 3 months to win 5pence.  Food4thought! gl over the weekend. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers dohhhhh
    be lovely getting £100 mate as everyone else will be getting £20  ha ha
    not got it in my account yet, but I'm guessing as it's the weekend  so it might not be sorted yet.
    hope I did enough anyway.
    the most important thing was I didn't lose y'day, which can easily happen when playing these promotion thingys,
    so that's the good news anyway :)
    playing 12 tables is more of a lottery over 1 days grind anyway, as y'day showed me, you only win by playing that number day after day, as I did on challenge 1.
    playing less tables is the other option & higher stakes, ie; £3 & £5  as opposed to y'day £3 & £2
    both work well it's just a matter of choice & discipline & keeping to your game-plan.
    yes dohhhh bad runs do happen but as I have shown by booking the wins you can have some control over what happens.
    the days i win £4.50 or £3.30 playing the £5's might not happen if i continued playing those sessions
    as long as those small wins are greater than my losses we always win, which so far has been the case
    it's still very early days though & things can & probably will change, so as always i just take my poker & plans 1 day at a time. 
    as long as my b/r moves forwards & the £5 games are showing me a steady profit, then that will do me just fine for now, as all I am doing is preparing the foundations for challenge 3, which is going to be my final test.

• edited December 2014
    100DEVONFISH5278£20
    Perfectly judged! VWP
  • edited December 2014

all I am doing is preparing the foundations for challenge 3, which is going to be my final test.

The Dev trilogy, can't wait, Hobbit and Hunger Games eat your heart out lol.

Great effort Dev.

I went for this promo last night too but ended up with only 250 points and 30 quid down so you def had a result breaking even!

• edited December 2014

Oooooops. 

Still £20 not bad for nowt.

Well done DF!
  • edited December 2014
    Well Done Devon You dont make anything easy on yourself though mate 100th out of 100 paid lol Now stick your free £20 bonus on Chelsea, Man city, Barcelona, Arsenal acca and turn it into £58 easy cash lol GL
    Posted by gran23
    Cheers gran,
    how lucky was that.... woooohooo  :)

• edited December 2014
    100 DEVONFISH5 278 £20 Perfectly judged! VWP
    Posted by Phantom66
    Cheers Phantom...

better to be lucky than good hey!!!  lol
  • edited December 2014
    all I am doing is preparing the foundations for challenge 3, which is going to be my final test. The Dev trilogy, can't wait, Hobbit and Hunger Games eat your heart out lol. Great effort Dev. I went for this promo last night too but ended up with only 250 points and 30 quid down so you def had a result breaking even!
    Posted by JingleMa
    Cheers Jingle,
    unlucky mate last night, run better today.
  • edited December 2014
    Oooooops.  Still £20 not bad for nowt. Well done DF!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers dohhhh,
    better than a mascara stick in the eye anyway..(you need to be a Corrie fan to get that one, ha ha)
  • edited December 2014
    day  181  13/12/14

WON £20 from xmas points promo y'day... only just  lol

B/R £600.59   WOOOHOOOO

• edited December 2014
    Well done Dev! xx
  • edited December 2014
    day 181  saturday  13/12/14   day off
    day 182  sunday   14/12.14   day off
    day 183  monday  15/12/14

1x£5 & 1x£3

WON £7.20 B/R £607.79 PTS 553 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 213 L 161 PROFIT +£73.00

perfect session after weekend off.
    also peaked again on the £5 games profit.
  • edited December 2014
    day 184  tuesday  16/12/14

1x£5

WON £4.50 B/R £612.29 PTS 558 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 214 L 161 PROFIT +£77.50

got lucky on bubble aipf  on sb with q7 v next shortie bb, k3 i think,. hit qq on flop  :)
    apart from being card dead most of game, & apart from everyone folding whilst holding my fav KK hand.
    my game is now all geared to trying to hit that £100 profit target for the £5's asap.
    then the 2 tables can begin :)

edit[ when I say asap that's asap playing 1 game at a time when I win obviously....
    don't want to mislead you all or anything.  lol
  • edited December 2014
    day 185  wednesday  17/12/14

1x£5 & 1x£3

WON £1.20 B/R 613.49 PTS 566 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 215 L 161 PROFIT +£82.00

thought I'd won both games so meh, won the important one right now anyway.
    hard fought game, bubble was good fun eventually my old fav's KK on sb v bb called with K8 did the trick -:)
    hope this 'winning streak' continues as I'm closing in on the £100 target i need, then it's 2 tables... wooohooo.

edit[ so much for my winning streak continuing...
    me & my big mouth...
    will I never learn :(
  • edited December 2014
    day  185  wednesday  17/12/14

part 2...

£5 & £3 & 1x£2   6 tables 

LOST £0.25 B/R £613.24 PTS 629 £5 GAMES W 4 L 5 TOTAL W 219 L 166 PROFIT +£72.50

lost 1st £5 game aipf on bubble with JJ V AK hit A on river  meh,
    from there went 0-4 down pulled it back to 4-4 only to lose last game on bubble aipf with AJ V 9 10   FLOP 9 10 X meh. :(
    so took peeps advice & booked the loss this session of £9.50. rather than 'go chasing' as I normally do.  :)
    won £4.50 earlier so only a £5 loss on the day, no biggie.

question,  regarding points /bonus won from playing £5 games....
                 played 385 games = 1925 points = £19.25 won in bonus...

can I/should I include that in my profit column for the £5 games?
          or is it seperate & goes down as 'simply bonus money' at the end of each month?

just thought I'd put it out there to see peeps opinions,
          cheers,
    dev

• edited December 2014
    day 185  wednesday  17/12/14

part 3...

3x£5 & 3x£3   6 tables...

WON £5.60 B/R £618.84 PTS 650 £5 GAMES W 2 L 1 TOTAL W 221 L 167 PROFIT +£76.00

not happy losing previous session, so got over that asap  -:)

ps; there is a question on previous post which might not get seen here, ty
  • edited December 2014
    Hi dev

I wouldnt include it. What you are doing shows a true performance on the 5.50s. By adding it in just makes it look better.

This is why i said earlier that volume is the key as i am sure at the end you ill find that about £200 will be your monthly bonuses.

Hope this makes sense.
  • edited December 2014
    Technically it's not a profit indicator for £5 games as you'd get it regardless of whether you cash or not in the games played.

Sharkscope certainly wouldn't use it ;)
  • edited December 2014
    Thanks Stuart, hhy & gran,

I didn't think I should use it but my brother thought it was ok to do so.
    totally agree Stuart about volume but as I am still in the early stages of trying to beat the £5's this time around, playing with caution has been my priority up until now anyway.
    cheers hhy, you are right of course.
    ha ha gran. 

I am going to try playing more games from now on as my confidence is pretty good right now & with my b/r slowly getting bigger too, each loss is becoming less important.
    I'll try & play 3x£5 & 3x£3 as I did last session for the next few days & see how that goes.

thanks again guys,
    dev
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £618.84).... profit from £5 games...+£76.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £618.84).... profit from £5 games...+£76.00 : At last Devon )) GL
    Posted by gran23
    ha ha,

you knew it was coming gran... it was only a matter of time  lol
    thanks for all your support too...
    it really is appreciated  -:)
  • edited December 2014
    day 185 wednesday  17/12/14

part 4  lol

2x£5 & £3 & £1,000 freeroll...

WON £3.80 B/R £622.64 PTS 675 £5 GAMES W 1 L 1 TOTAL W222 L 168 PROFIT +£75.00

0-1 DOWN ON £5'S SO HAPPY WITH 1-1 & LOSING JUST £1.00

31/530 IN FREEROLL won £10.00

B/R £632.64

happy with how I played & winning £10 finishes a pretty good day all in all (won £20.35)
    back tomorrow   night all.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £632.64).... profit from £5 games...+£75.00:
    Get on those tables Devon lol Todays xmas promo is the same as the other days, top 100 get £20 and prio excluded You came 100th with 278 points the other day so you now know what is needed 350-400 to be safe ? GL if you go for it
    Posted by gran23
    Cheers gran,
    todays includes cash players too, so might make a diference I think.
    deffo going to need more than last time & think 350-400 as you say would be the minimum.
    see how I feel, but got lucky last time, so maybe give today a miss as it is hard work & ok last time i finished level from playing, i might not be so lucky today.
    never say never though, see how i feel tonight  lol

edit[ just been chatting with bro & he thinks it could be 500 points needed, so deffo not going to bother, not for 20 squid, if it was £100 yeah, then i'd go for it, even £50...maybe  :)
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £632.64).... profit from £5 games...+£75.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £632.64).... profit from £5 games...+£75.00 : Todays is exactly the same as the one you came 100th in mate That one also included cash players GLGL
    Posted by gran23
    are you sure?
    think the last one was for dym only?
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £632.64).... profit from £5 games...+£75.00 : No mate i am certain it was all players Also the last one was on a friday when people finish work earlier etc etc and i dont think todays will have as much traffic. GL whatever you decide to do
    Posted by gran23
    cheers gran,
    yep, just checked mate, it was the same promo...
    see how i feel later -:)

• edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £613.49).... profit from £5 games...+£82.00:
     question,  regarding points /bonus won from playing £5 games....              played 385 games = 1925 points = £19.25 won in bonus...       can I/should I include that in my profit column for the £5 games?       or is it seperate & goes down as 'simply bonus money' at the end of each month?       just thought I'd put it out there to see peeps opinions,       cheers, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    hi dev, congrats on the steady progress. as to your question i'm a big believer in accurate attribution when analysing performance. so if by playing the 5.50s you have earned rakeback then include it. and for monthly analysis include it in the month it was earned, not when received. one way to think about it is that you overpaid the rake when you entered the dym. so your win/lose was a little worse than it should have been, and adding in the rakeback just adjusts for the lower actual rake you have effectively paid.
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £613.49).... profit from £5 games...+£82.00:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £613.49).... profit from £5 games...+£82.00 : hi dev, congrats on the steady progress. as to your question i'm a big believer in accurate attribution when analysing performance. so if by playing the 5.50s you have earned rakeback then include it. and for monthly analysis include it in the month it was earned, not when received. one way to think about it is that you overpaid the rake when you entered the dym. so your win/lose was a little worse than it should have been, and adding in the rakeback just adjusts for the lower actual rake you have effectively paid.
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks Geldy,
    I did think that by playing the higher £5 games where imo the edge of winning is arguably reduced than the £3 level,
    that if you added on your rakeback to your overall profits of playing, then this would help balance that out a little.
    I can see why some are saying not to include it, but I guess it's a personal thing & maybe there is no right or wrong here.
    I never though about the 'rake' as such as it's always been 10%, but you make a good case for adding rakeback on.
    I'm still unsure as to what to do, so for now I'll leave things as they are I think.
    but i do think that the more you play & the more rakeback received should be looked upon as a reward & should be included somewhere along with your profits, even though as hhy made the point that you get them regardless of winning or losing, but as long as you are a winning player per say, then I can't see any problem adding rakeback on to that.
    anyway, I'm sure this will continue....

• edited December 2014
    day 186 thursday  13/12/14

1x£5

WON £4.50 B/R £637.14 PTS 680 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 223 L 168 PROFIT +£79.50

now I know what u r thinking... Dev, what r u doing...again?  lol

I loaded up 1 game & bro wanted me to go in to town with him, so that's why I've only played the 1 game  -:)
    I'm sure I'll be back later sometime  lol
    still nice seeing those winning numbers go up though... lol

edit[  just as a matter of interest...
                                                  in this game on bubble I'm second shortie on 2305 chips 
                                                  shortie has 1040 chips
                                                 other 2 players have 4580 & 4300 chips

i'm holding 88   shortie goes aipf( a descent reg I think, who I've only just played today for the 1st time)

i call thinking this could be my best/only chance to cash... shortie has AK clubs
    i win hand running out 3 9cl 6cl 7 10  

was this ok by me, i felt it was as I put shortie on ak aq or similar, i didn't think he had a big pair, but obviously could have.
    I'll post in poker clinic too.
  • edited December 2014
    day 187 friday  14/12/14

had tooth ache y'day, got worse as the day then night went on, so that was my reason for not playing any more games y'day  :(
    hope to get it sorted today or Monday at the latest.
    will still play the odd game here 'n' there over today & the weekend, but no great volume as i also feel sick with it too.
    the 3x£5 & 3x£3 sessions will be kept on hold for a few days  -:)