You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    day 214  thursday  15/1/15

1x£5 & 1x£3

WON £7.20 B/R £707.07 PTS 67 £5 GAMES W 1 L 0 TOTAL W 323 L 247 PROFIT +£95.00

better session card dead early doors on both tables but as always it's not how you start but finish.
    even won a £3 game so should keep hhy happy for 2 minutes -:)
    getting close to my £5 game £100 profit target which I have been after for ages now it seems, but like all good things it's worth the wait.
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Dev

Sorry if you feel i rip your hands apart. I honestly dont think i do. I have on commented on your hands because i am a daily reader and have been enjoying your posts. This is because your dairy is interesting and is helping myself become better at dyms. Also when you are at my tables we always have a chat and its a great game to play on your table always fun and interesting.

I, like you just love dyms and love to talk about all the different ways hands can be played. I have only recently made posts about hands as i lack confidence on commenting on hands. 

But i have only put down how i would play the hands. I think i have only commented 2 or 3 times on the all hands you have posted. 

Again goodluck in your challenge and hope to see you get to the £1000

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : I didn't ask for advice i just said I wonder how many of you would call here? simply curious, that's all.... a simple yes or no would do. of course i'm happy with my decision i won didn't i? i posted the hand to show how my game & thinking is changing and adapting to life at the £5 level in particular. if i needed any advice on this hand or any other i would post it in the poker clinic, then you Stuart & all the others can rip it apart put it back together again in your own inimitable ways & tell me exactly how badly I played it & all feel wonderful about yourselves, even those players that don't have a clue about dym bubble play. :) oh...did i mention i won it -:)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Results orientated thinking.

Good to see smug Dev back, missed him :)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50:
    Hi Dev Sorry if you feel i rip your hands apart. I honestly dont think i do. I have on commented on your hands because i am a daily reader and have been enjoying your posts. This is because your dairy is interesting and is helping myself become better at dyms. Also when you are at my tables we always have a chat and its a great game to play on your table always fun and interesting. I, like you just love dyms and love to talk about all the different ways hands can be played. I have only recently made posts about hands as i lack confidence on commenting on hands.  But i have only put down how i would play the hands. I think i have only commented 2 or 3 times on the all hands you have posted.  Again goodluck in your challenge and hope to see you get to the £1000
    Posted by stuarty117
    no worries Stuart,
    agree that talking about hands is good, just seems like you & hhy are constantly at war with how i play them & my thinking behind them, so i guess we will always have to agree to disagree on how we see it.
    as we are both winning players so that is the main thing.
    I asked you some time ago about posting hands via PM to discuss & that offer is always there.
    doing it here or in the poker clinic brings in all the other idiots that i have no reason to talk to..no names.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : Results orientated thinking. Good to see smug Dev back, missed him :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    didn't think you would be away for long -:)
    so you would have folded not got a better chance & not cashed..probably!!! .. vwp  -:)
  • edited January 2015
    I need to have a deeper think on that k8 hand. The discussion seems to be focussing on whether it is right to take a flip or generally call to shoves with that hand ignoring the fact you had 300 invested and the relative stacks.

As you have observed dev the shoving ranges widen from good players on the bubble and they are concious of blinds and stack dynamics.

The 3bb shortie open shoving has a huge range. With your 300 invested i think its a good call and your feel based on playing lots of games is good. I am more of a feel player but it is always good to step back and check whether instincts are mathenatically profitable long term. I dont think your maths explanation is as good as your feel explanation dev. An icm crunch would help here.

As for the spat with hhy. Be nice and respectful to each other please i like you both and want to interract with you both and not feel in a position of taking sides. 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £707.07).... profit from £5 games...+£95.00:
    I need to have a deeper think on that k8 hand. The discussion seems to be focussing on whether it is right to take a flip or generally call to shoves with that hand ignoring the fact you had 300 invested and the relative stacks. As you have observed dev the shoving ranges widen from good players on the bubble and they are concious of blinds and stack dynamics. The 3bb shortie open shoving has a huge range. With your 300 invested i think its a good call and your feel based on playing lots of games is good. I am more of a feel player but it is always good to step back and check whether instincts are mathenatically profitable long term. I dont think your maths explanation is as good as your feel explanation dev. An icm crunch would help here. As for the spat with hhy. Be nice and respectful to each other please i like you both and want to interract with you both and not feel in a position of taking sides. 
    Posted by Phantom66
    cheers Phantom,
    (you only get 15 sec's when playing mind,  ha ha)
    yeah the day hhy starts acting in a grown up manner so will I.
    I think he has the odd good post now & again, but most of the time is just out to wind me up & get a reaction, which I will oblige with when i'm in the mood & can be bothered.
    he doesn't even play dym's but the way he posts here half the time you'd think he was a grandmaster or summin  -:)
    anyway, it's up to him how he behaves & that is out of my control. tbf he has made an effort the past few days but will it continue?
    yeah, again the maths thing is a bit wishy washy, but I know what I mean & think so that's all that matters.
    if people want to come here & give me their take on things that's fine, i'm happy to hear what people think, just don't think it's received so well when it's the other way around that's all, & afterall this is my diary, so I am pretty much entitled to have my point of view I think.
    people are quick to judge my play & thoughts  almost always without exception in a negative way, even though i'm a winning player, which i find interesting, maybe i'm simply playing & thinking a different way 'outside of the box' if you like & it's a bit to radical for you all, I don't know, but there's definitely a sense of me v the rest here, well that's how I feel anyway.
    anyway, this to & fro is going to continue know doubt so if people can put their points of view across in a positive way & without all the b*lls**t that goes with it, I might also respond in a similar way, not that it will be received well by most of you anyway, going by recent posts.
    i know most of you mean well so i'll take your posts in the spirit i assume they are intended.
    Gran23 you are one of the few who always supports me know matter what is going on, & your support is especially appreciated, ty.(even though your posts have disapeared...I'm sure you must have your reasons)
    there are a few others too, so ty also.
    I'll get from A to B know matter what, & what happens in between is just a bit of banter both good & not so good.
    The end result is the only thing that really matters & the reason I started this challenge/diary to begin with.
    Winning at the £5 level is everything right now & sets up even more opportunities for me in the future.
    I never came here to make friends neither did I come here to fall out with any of you.
    I hope that some friendships & rivalries even, have begun & will continue long after this is all over.
    If I've upset anyone then that's too bad, there must have been a reason behind it.
    ok, I'll offer an apology if that helps to make you feel better. -:)

• edited January 2015
    I respect anyone who takes the time to post a diary and anyone who contributes to the clinic / diaries to offer advice.

I'll not derail your diary with the pros and cons of specific contributors Dev. It's your diary so you are free to express your opinion here.  I'll maybe say something in my own diary.

This community and its interactions - including the show - the excellent work Tikay does to keep the community and the suits in touch with each others views - is what keeps me on sky poker and long may it continue.

Please keep contributing Dev, I'll certainly keep reading, and posting if I think I can add anything and GL with your challenge.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £707.07).... profit from £5 games...+£95.00:
    I respect anyone who takes the time to post a diary and anyone who contributes to the clinic / diaries to offer advice. I'll not derail your diary with the pros and cons of specific contributors Dev. It's your diary so you are free to express your opinion here.  I'll maybe say something in my own diary. This community and its interactions - including the show - the excellent work Tikay does to keep the community and the suits in touch with each others views - is what keeps me on sky poker and long may it continue. Please keep contributing Dev, I'll certainly keep reading, and posting if I think I can add anything and GL with your challenge.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks Phantom,
    have a good weekend,
    dev
  • edited January 2015
    Afternoon Dev! :)

Have a great weekend.

PS, post more hands please ;)
  • edited January 2015
    How goes it dev?Still readin m8.Rarely post up in others diaries but take an interest in yours.Nice goin so far.Still have no inclination to try the dyms myself.Do my nut in lol.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited January 2015
    Afternoon Dev! :) Have a great weekend. PS, post more hands please ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    afternoon hhy...

have a good weekend yourself.
  • edited January 2015
    How goes it dev?Still readin m8.Rarely post up in others diaries but take an interest in yours.Nice goin so far.Still have no inclination to try the dyms myself.Do my nut in lol. Be good Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Cheers Paul,

nice cash btw, run good,
    dev
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : no worries Stuart, agree that talking about hands is good, just seems like you & hhy are constantly at war with how i play them & my thinking behind them, so i guess we will always have to agree to disagree on how we see it. as we are both winning players so that is the main thing. I asked you some time ago about posting hands via PM to discuss & that offer is always there. doing it here or in the poker clinic brings in all the other idiots that i have no reason to talk to..no names.
    Posted by devonfish5

I think i have disaggreed with you on one of your hands. The other was actually Wallers Post in which it was my hand.

When you post on a public forum you have to be ready for people not to aggree with everything you say. Other players have different ways of playing even though both ways might be profitable.

Good job on getting over 700 roll on 800.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : I think i have disaggreed with you on one of your hands. The other was actually Wallers Post in which it was my hand. When you post on a public forum you have to be ready for people not to aggree with everything you say. Other players have different ways of playing even though both ways might be profitable. Good job on getting over 700 roll on 800.
    Posted by stuarty117
    whatever Stuart... i've tried being forgiving & you just throw it back in my face.. nice one.
    you have pretty much disagreed with everything I say & post including any hands..
    do me a favour & do one.
  • edited January 2015
    Stu, you have nothing to justify! You offer great advice to people.

It's just Dev getting uber defensive again. I've been lambasted in hands I've posted before in the clinic, but it's part and parcel of putting hands up for critique. I only give me thoughts, regardless of whom is posting up a hand, don't take everything so personally! 

Dev, it seems like you just want people to stroke your ego and compliment you on how good a ''winning player'' you are. A winning player doesn't play every hand optimally, just like a losing player doesn't play every hand poorly. There are shades of grey.

Teddy and Stu have offered loads in the DYM section, yet you've had sly digs at both of them recently. I don't mind the sly (or not so sly) digs at me, that's fine I'm big enough and ugly enough to take them ;) but I think the others like the aforementioned 2 deserve a bit more respect.

Have a great weekend chaps! :)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : whatever Stuart... i've tried being forgiving & you just throw it back in my face.. nice one. you have pretty much disagreed with everything I say & post including any hands.. do me a favour & do one.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Awful Dev. Just awful.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £708.07).... profit from £5 games...+£91.50:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance sainthelen Small blind   150.00 150.00 1272.50 devonfish5 Big blind   300.00 450.00 1025.00   Your hole cards K 8       barneyboy Fold         x All-in   967.50 1417.50 0.00 sainthelen Fold         devonfish5 Call   667.50 2085.00 357.50 devonfish5 Show K 8       x Show 7 7       Flop     8 J 10       Turn     2       River     6       devonfish5 Win Pair of 8s 2085.00   2442.50
    Posted by devonfish5
    Just been catching up and saw this hand, I thought it was really close, and I would call but bunged in some approximate ranges for an unknown and it's literally on the line. 

Mathematically K9o is a call and K8o is a fold. K8s a call and K7s a fold. Villain should be pushing wider than 45% of hands in what I have assigned but the fact is some recs don't in these spots. So in general I think its a call
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : whatever Stuart... i've tried being forgiving & you just throw it back in my face.. nice one. you have pretty much disagreed with everything I say & post including any hands.. do me a favour & do one.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Mate

I dont need any forgiveness as i have done nothing wrong. I have commented on hands which have been posted in the sit and go section and poker clinic about dyms as i play dyms. 

As i say i have only commented on one of your hands.

I post hands to get advice off others. If you post hands you have to be aware that others is going to look and have comments on the way you have played them.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : Awful Dev. Just awful.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    you can do one as well
  • edited January 2015
    DYM wars:O

You both make good and decent contributions to the forum!

Well done on the increasing bankroll Dev
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : Mate I dont need any forgiveness as i have done nothing wrong. I have commented on hands which have been posted in the sit and go section and poker clinic about dyms as i play dyms.  As i say i have only commented on one of your hands. I post hands to get advice off others. If you post hands you have to be aware that others is going to look and have comments on the way you have played them.
    Posted by stuarty117
    whatever Stuart as usual you are right i am wrong...even though you come into my world here & sl*g my play off like that other idiot.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : you can do one as well
    Posted by devonfish5
    :)

You better hope I'm as ''forgiving'' as you when you come to your senses ;)
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £699.87).... profit from £5 games...+£90.50 : whatever Stuart as usual you are right i am wrong...even though you come into my world here & sl*g my play off like that other idiot.
    Posted by devonfish5

I have never done that. The 66 hand on the other page i simply said you should have shoved pre. Like all the rest did.

But you are not having ago at them.

Be cool its the weekend, calm down its only poker.
  • edited January 2015
    day 215  friday 16/1/15

2x£5 & 5x£3

LOST £21.50 B/R £685.57 PTS 92 £5 GAMES W 0 L 2 TOTAL W 323 L 249 PROFIT +£84.00

looks really bad on paper but ran pretty awful in truth, which as anyone that plays any on-line poker game knows can happen from time to time.
    still i guess it keep all the idiots that can't play interested, if they never won they would never play I suppose, so give them & sky a big pat on the back today for helping them out.... pat pat.
  • edited January 2015
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Zip_Flash Small blind   200.00 200.00 4308.75
    brenda1947 Big blind   400.00 600.00 5421.25
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

devonfish5 All-in   640.00 1240.00 0.00
    Timmy712 Fold        
    Zip_Flash Call   440.00 1680.00 3868.75
    brenda1947 Call   240.00 1920.00 5181.25
    Flop

• A

Zip_Flash Check        
    brenda1947 Check        
    Turn

• A

Zip_Flash Check        
    brenda1947 Check        
    River

• J

Zip_Flash Check        
    brenda1947 Check        
    devonfish5 Show
    • A
    • Q

Zip_Flash Show
    • J
    • A

brenda1947 Muck
    • Q
    • J

Zip_Flash Win Full House, Aces and Jacks 1920.00   5788

just 1 b/s hand
  • edited January 2015
    Looks pretty standard to me.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge.(current b/r £685.57).... profit from £5 games...+£84.00:
    Looks pretty standard to me.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    well it would to an idiot, i guess
  • edited January 2015
    can't be bothered posting any more...

you're just not worth it.
  • edited January 2015
    I must say I find the OP, this Mr Dev, very offensive and aggressive too. I thought Sky ran a friendly community, yet he's posting things like, 'well it would to an idiot, i guess.'

'i guess it keep all the idiots that can't play interested, if they never won they would never play I suppose, so give them & sky a big pat on the back today for helping them out.'

'& sl*g my play off like that other idiot.'

'do me a favour & do one.'

'you can do one as well.'

Not impressed with this at all Sky.

Mrs 1stofus